(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 206 207 208
By Fasaga 2013-12-11 15:27:38  
Quetzacoatl said: »
Bloodrain Strap is practically Rose +1, holy ***. Ignom Head and Body +1 look real good, head for Dark Magic and Body for Reso with capped ACC. I wanted to like the legs if it weren't for the lack of ACC and DA+ like Cizin legs have.

Gonna look through other promising items soon, those are some of the most noticeable

By the way, sorry everyone for not answering your PM's sooner! It'll be a really busy month for me IRL and I'm also building my Ragnarok.

First one is about Liberator 119- their spreadsheet says that it's beating Ragnarok 119, but I'm making the comparison in spreadsheets, but it still seems like Ragnarok is measuring higher in DPS vs Tojil with full buffs. If anyone can elucidate me as to what I might be doing wrong or if I'm putting in the best situation or not, that would help a great deal.

Second: Ragnarok Multihit *could* work with /Sam, but the set comes up a bit short in tp/hit to make it be able to 6-hit as well. The overall idea is to allow the ODT damage effect for DoT output during TP phase with full buffs and Capped haste. You might have to sacrifice a few pieces for the set to be able to x-hit it.

Odin.Spyderhawk said: »
Tgun said: »
What would do better for a Rag 119 TP body piece, i currently do not have a Pak +1, i do have Cizin 2% DA, Armada 3DA/6STP, and Valkryie with 3 TA/9ACC. Which should i use until i can get my hands on a Pak +1?

I'd use armada since the stp severely effects rag's shitty delay to keep your x-build. Nothing sucks quite as much as 98/99 builds imo

Definitely agree on this. I know that I emphasize Pak NQ/HQ, Armadaberk still has great capability with XHit Builds as a means to get by.
Liberator 119 is boss, using the spreadsheets it surpasses rag on drk in nearly every scenario unless you drastically need the ACC, and as far as comparing lib to other mythics, given the same buffs, it surpasses conq, (baring MS) koga, and ryou). That is using standard, march x2, min x2, mad x2, chaos/fighters, haste, LR and 40% Def down. If you add souleater then it just makes the difference that much more.

Edit: Expect there to be an "insurgency" of mythic drks!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-11 15:49:56  
I am quite skeptical of such claims of Liberator surpassing all those weapons.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-11 15:52:11  
Don't the spreadsheets rely on absolutely perfect timing of 300% Insurgency to maintain your Aftermath? Or, more accurately, don't they fail to account for Aftermath falling off mid-fight and having to sit on TP to renew it?
 Odin.Celoria
サーバ: Odin
user: celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2013-12-11 16:07:38  
Should hold 5hit build, drk/sam
No I don't have all this yet, something I am working towards

Tp has 28%, 489 Delay calls for /sam 37 sTP this set has 38
ItemSet 316758
Ws set has 11% Double attack and 149 str in it.
ItemSet 316759

Comments?
[+]
By Fasaga 2013-12-11 16:53:41  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Unless the spreadsheets vary from document to document, by applying the same buffs and debuffs, and using the best gearsets for each, those were my results. I suggest you try manipulating them yourself.
By Fasaga 2013-12-11 17:00:08  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Don't the spreadsheets rely on absolutely perfect timing of 300% Insurgency to maintain your Aftermath? Or, more accurately, don't they fail to account for Aftermath falling off mid-fight and having to sit on TP to renew it?

Yes, you do have to build to 300% tp but mythic aftermath is long and it is incredibly easy to 5-hit. The white damage from scythe is part of what makes it great, so the loss from not weaponskilling is reduced compared to a weapon like Gk.
 Odin.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2013-12-11 17:19:05  
Odin.Celoria said: »
ItemSet 316758
Comments?

Wouldn't Hagneia + Ganesha's Mala be better than Anger/Asperity?

I can't stand seeing Asperity Necklace on Drk...
 Odin.Celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2013-12-11 17:29:04  
Odin.Botosi said: »
ItemSet 316758
Comments?

Wouldn't Hagneia + Ganesha's Mala be better than Anger/Asperity?

I can't stand seeing Asperity Necklace on Drk...

Actually I think you are right

edit: fixed
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-12-11 18:36:23  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »

You have to do some tweaking to get proper output on the mythic AM3 stuff. Set up set 1 with AM3 and all the normal stuff, while set 2 is set to have a minimum WS TP of 300, and possibly some 'Other TP gain/loss' value to account for not hitting the renewal point perfectly. Then balance the set ratios to match one weaponskill cycle on set 2, and the AM3 duration on set 1 (minus time used by set 2), and look at the overall average.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-12 04:06:45  

I highly doubt it beats Conq. 33.5% Attack bonus and +14% crit rate during berserk along with the MA hits on Upheaval. Insurgency makes your absorbs stronger along with the standard MA.

4.0 fTP 100% VIT vs 3.89 fTP (waist/neck locked) 100% INT. Stat splat has made massive gains for jobs using weird mods but STR/VIT/DEX are more common on the attack / acc / MA heavy armor that WAR/DRK/SAM/DRG use then INT/MND/CHR are. Now vs Rag might be a bit different, Entropy is in a much better situation then it was before SoA. During AM3 your tearing everything apart at 1.72 attacks per swing before even counting MA from gear. Resolution is still a beast with 4.75 fTP 100% STR but Liberators melee damage should be significantly higher then Rag's due to AM3.
By Fasaga 2013-12-12 11:02:33  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

I highly doubt it beats Conq. 33.5% Attack bonus and +14% crit rate during berserk along with the MA hits on Upheaval. Insurgency makes your absorbs stronger along with the standard MA.

4.0 fTP 100% VIT vs 3.89 fTP (waist/neck locked) 100% INT. Stat splat has made massive gains for jobs using weird mods but STR/VIT/DEX are more common on the attack / acc / MA heavy armor that WAR/DRK/SAM/DRG use then INT/MND/CHR are. Now vs Rag might be a bit different, Entropy is in a much better situation then it was before SoA. During AM3 your tearing everything apart at 1.72 attacks per swing before even counting MA from gear. Resolution is still a beast with 4.75 fTP 100% STR but Liberators melee damage should be significantly higher then Rag's due to AM3.
First, you don't use entropy, insurgency is better. Second, using the spreadsheet with tojil as the target for both, and having both buffed with haste, booststr, marchx2, madx2, minx2, chaos, fighters, war using hasso, berserk, aggressor, and restraint, and drk using LR. Debuffs at 40% def down. Both getting free AM3, WAR DPS- 1107, DRK - 1152. If you add warcry/br to war it pushes to 1260, if you add se to drk it pushes it to 1292. If people don't believe me, I suggest they run the numbers themselves rather than making empty claims.
 Lakshmi.Solidous
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: admx9
By Lakshmi.Solidous 2013-12-12 11:37:59  
Quick question what first 119 apoc or rag
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-12-19 17:40:49  
I am wondering if I am lacking Store Tp in this set? Would using Mala and Mikinaak be better? (My Mikinaak has ACC(dex) augments.

ItemSet 280988
 Odin.Celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2013-12-21 23:21:40  
Was looking at OP multihit for drk using ganesha mala and the windbuffet, set you have is 24% haste, if you click the link and look you will see you have 2 sets of mikinaak hands in there which makes description state 28% haste and only 38 sTP

You can still maintain 5hit build with senbaak but you sac a little in attack, however gain some acc. So if you drop mikinaak hands for bale gauntlets +2 and swap dex path mikinaak feet for str path you should be able to get same acc/attk out of the sets also revision of ditching the rose strap for new bloodrain.

like so.

ItemSet 317276

Just a thought.

Edit:
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I am wondering if I am lacking Store Tp in this set? Would using Mala and Mikinaak be better? (My Mikinaak has ACC(dex) augments.

ItemSet 280988

Depends on what subjob you are using, if you are aiming for a 5hit with /sam you are lacking 6 sTP. Not to mention how ever much you are using in your ws set.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-12-21 23:51:12  
So I would be better off with Goading or Rajas? 9 Store tp in ws set.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-12-22 00:27:41  
Was looking at OP multihit for drk using ganesha mala and the windbuffet, set you have is 24% haste, if you click the link and look you will see you have 2 sets of mikinaak hands in there which makes description state 28% haste and only 38 sTP

You can still maintain 5hit build with senbaak but you sac a little in attack, however gain some acc. So if you drop mikinaak hands for bale gauntlets +2 and swap dex path mikinaak feet for str path you should be able to get same acc/attk out of the sets also revision of ditching the rose strap for new bloodrain.

like so.

ItemSet 317276

Just a thought.

Thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now.

As for the multihit, Yeah, that's a good point. You'll have to swap into Bale Hands once Desperate Blows wears off- otherwise with capped magic haste and DB, you could use Mikinaak or Cizin again as well, depending on your STP.
 Sylph.Rafaras
サーバ: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-22 01:01:36  
Lakshmi.Solidous said: »
Quick question what first 119 apoc or rag

Ragnarok.
[+]
By Otomis 2013-12-25 16:22:28  
Recently finished 119 Apoc, Wondering how this AM set stacks up Drk/Sam, having only 2 STP in WS set, I know it is enough to keep up 5 hit, but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. or what other sets folks are coming up with for haste/AM/Cata. the occasional entropy set also considering the new 119 gear.

ItemSet 317410

EDIT: I know this set is close to one on first page, BUT I am finding the one on first page subjects a substantial loss in DPS having to WS in so much STP to keep up WS+4/WS+4...
By volkom 2013-12-25 17:26:20  
what about this?
ItemSet 317411

*shrug* iono what i'm doing!
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-12-25 17:35:24  
Fasaga said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

First, you don't use entropy, insurgency is better. Second, using the spreadsheet with tojil as the target for both, and having both buffed with haste, booststr, marchx2, madx2, minx2, chaos, fighters, war using hasso, berserk, aggressor, and restraint, and drk using LR. Debuffs at 40% def down. Both getting free AM3, WAR DPS- 1107, DRK - 1152. If you add warcry/br to war it pushes to 1260, if you add se to drk it pushes it to 1292. If people don't believe me, I suggest they run the numbers themselves rather than making empty claims.

Got over 1260 on sam in about 5 min looking with koga and my gear set are prolly not optimal.
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-12-25 23:21:57  
Good news for Entropy DRKs. Aiwon Gauntlets latent is triggered by having at least 1 mp. However, the gloves drain 5mp per tic so as long as you keep spamming entropy you are good. Another boost for Liberator Drks.
By Horovivi 2014-01-05 14:57:31  
I just finished up my Apoc 119 and was looking through the sets on the first page. I was discussing some of the gear choices with a number cruncher in my LS, he says the Apoc 5 hit sets don't have enough store tp. Can someone verify this? Also when can we expect to see some updated sets with the updated AF included?
By volkom 2014-01-05 15:09:04  
think its +29 store tp for 5 hit if you're subbing sam
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-05 15:13:40  
The head in the OP 5 hit /sam set needs to change the head to Yaoyotl unless he's assuming Carbonara up or something. Pending the STP in your WS set, you may also need to use Armada Hauberk.

Going by the sets in OP:

20.0 TP per hit in TP set
16.8 TP from WS

20.0*4 = 80

80 + 16.8 = 96.8

Swapping to Yaoyotl head:

20.5 TP per hit in TP set

20.5*4 = 82

Swapping in Rajas Ring and Mikinaak Greaves for WS: 18.2 TP from WS

82 + 18.2 = 100.2

If you also include a 6 STP Armada Hauberk in your TP set along with Yaoyotl you could use Otomi Helm and Whirlpool Greaves in Catastrophe set.
 Odin.Ketsuu
By Odin.Ketsuu 2014-01-05 15:28:23  
Not sure if this has been answered yet or not, but how does ilvl119 Caladbolg compare to ilvl 119 Ragnarok?
By volkom 2014-01-06 22:14:19  
welp~ tried solo arrapago remnants II on drk/dnc with my shitty gear xD
was a few seconds short of killing the chariot in my attempt to go for HQ boss. however, it was really smooth run for killing nms for plans.
and I attempted one of those ramparts that spawns the gears. wasn't bad either, So think if I get some slightly better gear I can farm that place like a beast
 Odin.Celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2014-01-07 02:26:06  
volkom said: »
welp~ tried solo arrapago remnants II on drk/dnc with my shitty gear xD
was a few seconds short of killing the chariot in my attempt to go for HQ boss. however, it was really smooth run for killing nms for plans.
and I attempted one of those ramparts that spawns the gears. wasn't bad either, So think if I get some slightly better gear I can farm that place like a beast

/rdm you can refresh yourself and gain 15% haste over the 5% from haste samba if you aren't using drain samba.

With cure IV, regen, refresh, pro/shell, stoneskin, aquaviel, fast cast II, etc you should be able to pull it off with ease.

Also OP can we get a ws set for tungle?

This is the one I am aiming for, I personally feel the triple attack feet push past the whirlpool and the drk afv4+1 but I could be wrong.

ItemSet 316759
By volkom 2014-01-07 02:28:25  
Slipped my mind about rdm.
Ill try it next time.
By volkom 2014-01-08 17:38:41  
Out of experimenting with various subjobs soloing ARII on drk.
I like /whm :D

finally successful clear with killing HQ boss :3
Time to get better gear to make this run more efficient

used scythe. infinite mp gooooooooooo

gear used (if anyone interested) /shrug
ItemSet 318167
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 206 207 208