(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 206 207 208
By Jomiru 2013-08-24 06:47:46  
Doing some math it looks like Ares +1 hands/legs build would put you at 24% haste without a belt. Would slapping on empy hands and hitting 25% and using windbuffet be better, going with 24% haste and windbuffet for full on multi atk, or going ares +1 with a haste belt to cap haste and using windbuffet for LR only?
By Kyler 2013-08-24 11:08:22  
Ionis in SoA zones covers the remaining gear haste
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-08-24 13:50:57  
Kyler said: »
Ionia in SoA zones covers the remaining gear haste

Oh I didn't know about that 1% Haste from Ionis...

With all this new equipment I can't help but have a TP set at 28% haste which is well over. Not sure what to replace with what at the moment. So many possibilities lol.

ItemSet 280988
By Jomiru 2013-08-24 16:48:41  

I actually knew about this but my question is: does that haste stack on top of the gear cap? If so wouldn't it be best to cap gear still and have the extra haste?
By Jomiru 2013-08-24 16:51:05  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Oh I didn't know about that 1% Haste from Ionis...

With all this new equipment I can't help but have a TP set at 28% haste which is well over. Not sure what to replace with what at the moment. So many possibilities lol.

ItemSet 280988

Yeah this is why I'm asking about windbuffet builds. I'm at 29-30% haste with current builds XD
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-08-24 19:13:31  
Thoughts on new gear from august update? Hadnt looked to much at it till i saw the Cizin set earlier today.
By Scruffyballs 2013-08-24 20:00:03  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Thoughts on new gear from august update? Hadnt looked to much at it till i saw the Cizin set earlier today.
Looking at using this but have yet to get DA+2 even though bgwiki says you can get them on pants.
ItemSet 300034
(if not, back to ares' +1)
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-08-27 09:28:31  
If your mikinaak is STR path you can use it to WS and that will give you some needed STP to 5 hit with 4 hit reso. I also have pak +1 so that's how you can avoid using Asperity. The rest of the set look same as mine. Waiting for +2 DA on my leg too to replace Ares +1. Saw SS of it so I know it can happen.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-27 09:30:11  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
If your mikinaak is STR path you can use it to WS and that will give you some needed STP to 5 hit with 4 hit reso. I also have pak +1 so that's how you can avoid using Asperity. The rest of the set look same as mine. Waiting for +2 DA on my leg too to replace Ares +1. Saw SS of it so I know it can happen.

Can get DA+2 on all the Cizin items.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-08-27 22:11:47  
I currently only have internet cafe access and will have a 9h flight this coming saturday, so I was hoping I could update some gear sets during that time. Could you guys please post some real, up to date TP and Resolution sets? Wondering which Cizin pieces can take on Mikinaak pieces and not having access to a device that can run spreadsheets is killing me.
 Asura.Diggs
サーバ: Asura
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2013-08-29 13:24:56  
Scruffyballs said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Looking at using this but have yet to get DA+2 even though bgwiki says you can get them on pants.
ItemSet 300034
(if not, back to ares' +1)

I went DA+2 / pdt +3 1/1 on pants. +2 ofc.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-08-30 04:03:13  
Quetzacoatl said: »
Scruffyballs said: »
delve and skirmish is to get gear should probably re-look the "No Phorcys Gear, "Accessible" Mid-End Setups" type sections.
Yeah, I'll have to remind myself to get on that once I'm on my off-day from work.
Went back on this, edited some of the gear. further updates to follow.

If anyone has suggestions on any improvements to gearsets, don't hesitate to post, or leave a message. With all this new gear, I'm on a learning curve as much as everyone else, lol.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-09-02 18:42:37  
Do Cizin legs beat R15 Miki for WS even without getting a DA+2 augment?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-09-02 18:54:13  
ItemSet 202912

This is the item set I'm looking at for TP currently (I have most of the gear, just need Enif Corazza really)

I can also swap the legs for Ares' Flanchard +1 for more TA.

If the augmented Cizin beats it for melee, that's cool, as I have those, just need them augmented.

Edit: This is the other set (assuming Ionis is active) I came up with for my DRK:

ItemSet 312447
 Siren.Dalshion
サーバ: Siren
user: Dalshion
By Siren.Dalshion 2013-09-02 19:48:59  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Do Cizin legs beat R15 Miki for WS even without getting a DA+2 augment?

I could see how they might in the event that you don't need the Acc. from Mikinaak Legs.
By volkom 2013-09-02 20:54:50  
cizin legs best for entropy?
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-09-04 19:28:41  
I would honestly say they beat mik r15 pants on fodder, maybe if ya can toss the acc in another slot. If ya got Senbaak u need the acc alot less
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-09-05 10:31:36  
What's everyone's accuracy like on bosses? I've only parsed ~90-93% on Tojil so far with 1 Madrigal up using RCBs, but if we can't find a 3song BRD I really have to use Sushi or my accuracy dips too low for my liking. (We don't do 3 BRD rotations just 2, takes too much time for our BRDs to get it right lol)

Here are my gearsets, all Mikinaak is R15 STR path. I don't know what I can swap for more acc at this point besides getting a Lethalis Mantle. Would swapping in Phorcys Pants and switching to Zoran's or Dynamic Belt +1 be beneficial? My current Cizin pants are at DA+1 augment only.

ItemSet 312595

ItemSet 312596
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-09-05 11:00:51  
ItemSet 306241 ItemSet 306242

ItemSet 299435 ItemSet 278809

just reposting these off the first OP. My system likes to freeze up a while when i open the first page of a job equip thread like this. There by dc'ing me from the game >< Easier to open this page to look at them when ever the urge hits'
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-09-06 10:37:33  
Here are my gearsets, all Mikinaak is R15 STR path. I don't know what I can swap for more acc at this point besides getting a Lethalis Mantle. Would swapping in Phorcys Pants and switching to Zoran's or Dynamic Belt +1 be beneficial? My current Cizin pants are at DA+1 augment only.

ItemSet 312595

ItemSet 312596
I would recommend DEX Path Miki Feet if you feel you need more accuracy, especially since Whirlpool function a lot more like the STR Miki Feet you made (just without the STP).

Not to mention, Whirlpool are pretty phat for Reso as well.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-09-06 10:44:29  
Updated the Senbaak 5-hit set
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-09-06 18:01:32  

ItemSet 312595

ItemSet 312596
I would recommend DEX Path Miki Feet if you feel you need more accuracy, especially since Whirlpool function a lot more like the STR Miki Feet you made (just without the STP).

The STP on Miki feet is crucial during the WS for 5 hit tho, especially during the days that Oto +1 procs.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-09-06 23:38:51  

ItemSet 312595

ItemSet 312596

The STP on Miki feet is crucial during the WS for 5 hit tho, especially during the days that Oto +1 procs.
You could swap in Rajas along with Whirlpool on non-proc days for the STP on WS.

As for Oto+1, I'm not sure if that's even worth using anymore for Delve, according to my spreadsheets...Yaoyotl just seems to be that beefy.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-09-07 10:29:24  

ItemSet 312595

ItemSet 312596

You could swap in Rajas along with Whirlpool on non-proc days for the STP on WS.

As for Oto+1, I'm not sure if that's even worth using anymore for Delve, according to my spreadsheets...Yaoyotl just seems to be that beefy.

Not really, Oto is still a huge boost (you likely didn't adjust the day thing in the spreadsheet. Cell E37 for Day bonus, switch to 1). You have to remember, you are WSing in more acc than your TP. So if you are capped accuracy during TP phase, you are likely able to take some ACC off for WS since you are already over. And if you are not capped ACC, then all bets are off. And I WS in Rajas already. Is your 5 hit including connecting all 5 resolution hits? I am usually more conservative and try to do 3 or 4 hits at least.

PS: that's unless your set didn't include Mala. I use Mala so maybe that's why I need more stp.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-09-07 12:09:06  
(you likely didn't adjust the day thing in the spreadsheet. Cell E37 for Day bonus, switch to 1)

Aha, you're right. Forgot to check that.

Okay, from what i'm seeing on my sheet, I agree for Delve Fodder that Oto+1 wins. However, Tojil as the target says otherwise, which is why I was led to believe that Yaoyotl won out over Oto+1, even on day proc. Which is weird, considering I have food set to RCB and full buffs checked to 1... o_0
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-09-07 16:24:34  
I actually highly doubt Tojil has that much Evasion. That evasion looks more like Bee's evasion (not capping with 835 accuracy and 1 accuracy song, which is different from what I have parsed). But either way, based on the data I put in, I am WSing in more accuracy than I am tping even with Oto +1 (exactly 12 accuracy more on WS set with Oto). So the reason you are seeing higher damage on Tojil with yaoyotl is really just the accuracy, which you should be capped with the correct data.

If your whole party is not capping accuracy on TP phase, there is no reason that is not the top priority. Point being, if you are TPing in 95% accuracy, you will be capped accuracy in WS even with Oto, and if you are not capping in accuracy for TP, that should be your top focus instead of trying to jam in 30 more accuracy in your WS set (which doesn't help your TP accuracy woes).
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-09-14 13:56:04  
updated the HQ Equipments section, re-organized a few things with the details as well
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-09-30 15:22:20  
added a Windbuffet Build for Delve sets
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Celoria
user: celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2013-11-04 17:09:46  
can someone throw out some math on the new relic weapons, does GS still beat scythe? I would think it does considering the scythe ws vs reso, but I would see drk having to /war and aim for a 6hit on rag with the low delay.
Again please throw some numbers at me so I know what to look at
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 206 207 208