(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 206 207 208

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2013-05-15 20:22:29  
Ragnarok.Evihime said: »
Both paths are ok, and both have their cons/pro, imo on a TP piece on DRK u get more benefits in the DEX/Acc path.
I might have missed it but was anything said about increasing the ranks past 15?
I ask because, if there is more and we get a forth stat, I could see double attack on the Att path with crit rate on the Acc.

If that would be the case, would the general census still be DEX/Acc path?
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-15 20:29:32  
Carraway Author said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
should use marchX2 instead of madX2

If you're referring to the sets I just posted, I'm assuming you have all 6 relevant songs. If not, disregard, haha.

ah I thought you meant 4 song march / min and 2 mad, my bad.
 Cerberus.Bikpik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2013-05-15 20:48:48  
Can't speak about any kind of situation involving delve naakuals, but for delve fodder and most delve NMs, if you're fully buffed you should have capped acc and atk. So in those situations, with LR up you need to get as much DA/TA/QA as possible.

Using Motenten's spreadsheet and delve fodder as the target, march/min/mad x2, chaos/fighter's, RCB, ideal Bereaver sets without delve naakual gear should be something these lines, I think:

ItemSet 301158
ItemSet 301160

(Diabolic Eye/LR down in 2nd set, could swap Hagneia for Fire Bomblet and Zoran's for Dynamic +1 if needed; Mikinaak head and feet augmented to R15 type B; if fighting Perdurable Raptor or similarly evasive NMs, use sole sushi instead of RCB; assuming /SAM of course)

Let me know if I made any mistakes or overlooked anything; I'm fairly new to playing DRK personally. Obviously things change once you have access to naakual gear, because then you're looking at Senbaak sets and a lot of the options will change due to x-hit concerns.

I'm getting this as higher dps with LR up:
ItemSet 292604

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-05-15 21:16:11  
still debating acc or atk path for bereaver, leaning towards acc so i can slip in valk body into builds without losing anything
 Cerberus.Bikpik
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2013-05-16 18:55:35  
Cerberus.Bikpik said: »
I'm getting this as higher dps with LR up:
ItemSet 292604

Hmm, trying those swaps with the variables I have constitutes a loss of ~13 DPS.

Ogier/Ares+1: STR+15, DEX+12, STP+10, TA+2%
Phorcys/Phorcys: STR+9, DEX+10, atk+39, STP+6, DA+2%

So the substantive difference is +/- 6 STR, 2 DEX, 39 atk, 4 STP, and 2 swings / 100 attack rounds. My guess is that you're using a scenario where you're pretty far below attack cap, which doesn't make sense to me; if I change the target to Ig-Alima and drop the minuets, Ogier/Ares+1 is still winning. Mind going into more detail about what you have plugged in?

I turned off fighter's roll, and i'm getting the same results as you now, sorry for the confusion
 Asura.Gavvy
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2013-05-18 22:49:04  
I know it's dependant on other gear for TPing, but in general Bale Burg +2 better than Quauhpilli Helm?
 Carbuncle.Warslane
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Warslane
By Carbuncle.Warslane 2013-05-19 19:03:46  
Is Quauhpilli Helm better than HQ Mekira while not in the corresponding day?

For Resolution.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-19 19:33:30  
Carbuncle.Warslane said: »
Is Quauhpilli Helm better than HQ Mekira while not in the corresponding day?

For Resolution.

Yes.

Mekira+1 is a dramatic increase on correct days. I'd recommend just using Mekira+1 unless you are using SC to swap it in during the appropriate days.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-19 21:20:33  
and on that note, made an edit to resolution set and added a note.
 Carbuncle.Warslane
By Carbuncle.Warslane 2013-05-19 22:48:08  
Just to make sure, the correct days are Earth, Thunder, and Wind for Mekira?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-05-20 08:01:10  
Carbuncle.Warslane said: »
Just to make sure, the correct days are Earth, Thunder, and Wind for Mekira?
yep
[+]
 Phoenix.Sonoske
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-05-20 18:23:43  
Is the new DA earring set better than Bale + Brutal for Catas? Like is the loss of 4 Str worth the 2 DA 1Stp and 8ACC?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-20 18:50:38  
Phoenix.Sonoske said: »
Is the new DA earring set better than Bale + Brutal for Catas? Like is the loss of 4 Str worth the 2 DA 1Stp and 8ACC?

For the most part yes. Its 1 fSTR vs 2da 8acc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Phidruran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2013-05-20 19:30:24  
Could someone please give an spellcast example of when to use Quauhpilli Helm vs Mekira Oto +1?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Phidruran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2013-05-20 19:56:41  
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-05-21 05:24:55  
Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
still debating acc or atk path for bereaver, leaning towards acc so i can slip in valk body into builds without losing anything

It's practically mandatory to go STR path on Bereaver to boost Reso, which is 100% STR mod. R15 still gets 10 Acc on top of the 18 on base weapon, so it's no slouch.

Also, Valkyplate over Armadaberk (or Pak) is more of an sTP concern than multiattack. Maybe even an Acc concern, 15 DEX in Armada's favor is 11~ Acc, after all.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-05-21 17:28:19  
Sorry but if ur taking Bereaver up more then Rank 3 ur either super rich or super idiot
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-05-22 08:13:22  
Bismarck.Stani said: »
Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »

It's practically mandatory to go STR path on Bereaver to boost Reso, which is 100% STR mod. R15 still gets 10 Acc on top of the 18 on base weapon, so it's no slouch.

Also, Valkyplate over Armadaberk (or Pak) is more of an sTP concern than multiattack. Maybe even an Acc concern, 15 DEX in Armada's favor is 11~ Acc, after all.
my p body comes with a hefty 13acc, im sure i would lose a little crit rate between the 2 though, as far as stp, id be a fool to use something to lower my xhit or potential xhit. but upgrading from 431 to 456 delay gives plenty of wiggle room.

Besides, its like Evi said, with them suggesting they will fix rme within the next update or 2, it would be the largest waste of money and resources to take bereaver past the first few ranks when ragnarok will ***all over it again. GRANTED i still have to take it serious because thats a solid gs for RUN lol

hmmmm all said and done i think ill go with type B, the extra acc will help RUN and help better at the lower ranks
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-22 08:18:28  
Sorry but if ur taking Bereaver up more then Rank 3 ur either super rich or super idiot

or super good at delve/fracture ;3

Ugh, I don't have the patience for 3 runs a day let alone these people clocking into fracture like a second job.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-22 08:46:16  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

or super good at delve/fracture ;3

Ugh, I don't have the patience for 3 runs a day let alone these people clocking into fracture like a second job.

For some it is their only job lol....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-05-22 11:17:22  
Id rather save plasma for Bosses items, (math to make the other GS for example) then wasting plasma getting airlixirs and tossing em on an already outdated GS.
Use your airlixirs on gear
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-22 11:18:45  
I am/do. I was joking. Mikinaak boots finished will net me an inventory back. Pants finished will eat that inventory back up but improve my DPS enough that I wont miss it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2013-05-22 12:05:22  
Id rather save plasma for Bosses items, (math to make the other GS for example) then wasting plasma getting airlixirs and tossing em on an already outdated GS.

You can't buy the mats! Only weapons and accessories. Still I agree with saving up
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-05-22 15:43:09  
Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

You can't buy the mats! Only weapons and accessories. Still I agree with saving up
w/e... U got what I mean
[+]
 Carbuncle.Warslane
By Carbuncle.Warslane 2013-05-23 22:37:28  
Should I always base my TP sets on 1/5 reso hits landing? Or should I be more lenient on the amount of hits landed and risk losing my xhit if I don't get the required amount of hits to land.
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-05-23 22:49:54  
Either 3 or 4 hits depending on how conservative you are / how good your acc rate is. At capped Acc you land 4 hits more often than you think.

I usually base it on 3/5 but that's probably slightly conservative
 Bismarck.Greezy
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-05-24 20:20:43  
I cant view the front page anymore :/
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 206 207 208