(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 206 207 208
 Asura.Kormak
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-04-22 04:52:54  
Cerberus.Stalkster said: »
Looking over the last few post..

1# It's 2013; no reason to not have a Brutal earring even if your a new player.

2# If your serious about any 2hand DD job get a Rose strap, even more so if you have a relic 2hand DD job/s.

3# Rajas Ring.. (See #1)

4# Fracas grenade is soloable by naked bst(1jug 1-2pet food). It should be a standard for reso in that slot. And considering how bst became a me2 job, ya..

On another note, NNI is not hard but since most the player base cant play there job even -decent- it makes it hard for some ppl. If u have a friend or w/e to go with it can make it less annoying, somethings you wont get stuff done in game unless you /sh or just do it. Over time you'll get the items you need/extra stuff.

Sleep deprived nice mode off..
CoP is entirely my fault, I agree. Plan to speed through it on BST this week.

NNI on the other hand, I do have people willing to do it but with our current jobs and me on COR we reached 99 , 80 and 67 (2x 5 lamp order floors) with our 3 tags.

We needed a DD so I am building my dark for the event which is why I'm asking for advice.
A BRD will take my COR place and I will replace MNK as DRK.

I know I have a lot of work to do but thanks for the advice.
Looks like CoP and Reive's for the next week then.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-22 04:54:57  
I had no idea you could even get medals with campaign ops, but yeah just do campaign battles, kill a couple mobs and get your evaluation, rinse, repeat iirc.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-22 04:57:36  
VW related: atm I have Coercion, Valiant and Dark Designs, but since I have a lot of spare cruor was thinking if I should invest in something else for my drk. Do you guys actually use coercion?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-22 11:31:15  
Coercion is always part of my VW build :o
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2013-04-22 11:36:28  
If you are at the delay cap Coercion has no place.
I use Deluges, Valiant, Latitude basically all of the time.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-22 14:43:01  
Lakshmi.Prinnysmash said: »
Did the delay cap change by any chance, when Embrava was nerfed? If so, I'll have to add Deluges to the list of Atmacites.
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-04-22 15:02:50  
Quetzacoatl said: »
Added Stani's JA Haste Data in the Merits section :D
Did the delay cap change by any chance, when Embrava was nerfed? If so, I'll have to add Deluges to the list of Atmacites.

facepalm
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-22 22:06:06  
Bismarck.Stani said: »
Added Stani's JA Haste Data in the Merits section :D

facepalm
d'oh, yeah I guess I did a brainfart moment didn't I ;x
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-23 08:52:15  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
VW related: atm I have Coercion, Valiant and Dark Designs, but since I have a lot of spare cruor was thinking if I should invest in something else for my drk. Do you guys actually use coercion?
valiant coercion latitude full time, str and acc on coercion is still viable regardless of regain (tho with that and monarchs its 6/tic)
thats the only atmas i use on drk and with that set i generally parse top, even beat a few mythics (sam and mnk on pw), theres other situational atmas but im fairly content to fulltime these myself
 Asura.Stryger
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2013-04-23 10:55:08  
Was wondering how Hatzoaar Sword Compared to OaT Fulgrante for DRK, I don't plan on making a Ragno.. but i still enjoy playing around with DRK every now and then.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-23 13:42:27  
probably better with even hoarfrost than that, 7.5 acc and easyer to build an xhit from, oat destroys both tho
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-04-23 14:10:05  
Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
probably better with even hoarfrost than that, 7.5 acc and easyer to build an xhit from, oat destroys both tho

Hatzoaar has 10 Acc on, Hoarfrost has 10 DEX so the 7.5 Acc from DEX isn't really a big deal.

Hatzoaar is fine from a 'Idc about this job and I can grab this from the AH' perspective. It isn't going to come close to OAT like Zero said though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-23 14:40:11  
acc was more of a note that its a small diff, main seller is easyer to xhit, especially when working towards a oat anyway, builds would carry over
 Asura.Stryger
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2013-04-23 14:47:51  
I have OaT already, was just wondering if it came close or beat at all, thanks for the info
 Carbuncle.Sanders
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-04-23 15:06:44  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
valiant coercion latitude full time, str and acc on coercion is still viable regardless of regain (tho with that and monarchs its 6/tic)
thats the only atmas i use on drk and with that set i generally parse top, even beat a few mythics (sam and mnk on pw), theres other situational atmas but im fairly content to fulltime these myself

I wanted to post an alternative to this set up. In most VW, I actually gear primarily for HP%. So I go for Valiant/Discipline/Depths: HP+35%, Attributes+18 (STR+33), Acc5, Haste5%. The other bonuses don't matter too much. But I just wanted the share the set up that's worked reliably for me, but it obviously relies on Souleater damage (hurray for Karieyh's HP augs and random DrainIIs pre-battle).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-23 15:20:31  
I thought valiant, latitude, dark designs was standard now and none of you mentioned it. If you're using rag it's 100 tp bonus. It also allows me to build 8 less haste into my VW sets (I never get to do VW anymore T.T).

/shrug
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-23 15:25:15  
I actually use Valiant, Latitude and Coercion.
Dealing enough damage is rarely an issue, but having to occationally turn for procs etc is still an issue sometimes.
If there is'nt enough damage, a better atmacite for me alone would never really be enough to make a difference, but the extra regain might help speed up a vital proc.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-23 15:25:34  
That was one of my doubts, if it was worth to use both tp bonus(and eventually take advantage of 8% haste in atma). I was torn between a second tp bonus, Coercion and Deluges, assuming Valiant is a staple.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-23 15:41:08  
total 6/tic regain vs the extra 50 tp bonus may just boil down to the player, my pc is fast enough that i can ws without delays the second i hit 100 tp, sometimes before it shows 100 tp if i time it right, i may toy with ashmans set and see if parses show any difference, i also still /war fyi so regain benefits a bit more than /sam
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-23 17:29:15  
The second TP Bonus Atmacite I would personally upgrade is Dark Designs. That, Coercion and Valiant is what I use on DRK most of the time.

With Latitude, I'm not getting much out of the subtle blow +10 on NMs that already TP out the ***. The MND+5 is deadweight, and it would be difficult to have to work around my gearsets just to make the extra Haste+3% work, while trying to keep my x-hits. I might be able to, but I still need some other pieces of gear (ala Ares+1) to make it work.

With Dark Designs, I can still get TP Bonus+50, as well as an extra INT+10 for Catastrophe/Entropy should I be switching from Fulgurante to Apocalypse. Not to mention more magic acc for less resistance on dark magic procs.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-23 19:09:21  
ItemSet 276581

what coercion valiant and latitude allow me to do (regain and 8% free gear haste)
[+]
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: avengerx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-04-23 19:15:22  
Is Pak Corselet a good body for drk these days? Would it perform better in the tp phase or the ws phase?
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-23 19:30:08  
+1 with the right setup can be better than perfect armada hauberk for ragnarok, i cant speak for other builds
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-04-23 19:33:32  
so the NQ is a no go?
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-23 19:43:26  
off hand i want to say for those who dont have e/p body its a solid option to consider, someone else would need to give you sets to justify it, its better than af3 atleast
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-04-23 19:45:41  
Thank you for the info! ^^
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-23 21:13:03  
+1 with the right setup can be better than perfect armada hauberk for ragnarok, i cant speak for other builds

Care to post this set?
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2013-04-23 21:51:02  
ItemSet 276581

what coercion valiant and latitude allow me to do (regain and 8% free gear haste)

Just to clarify, swapping Coercion for Deluges gives you the exact same hit build, accounting for regain.
So it's 5 Str 10 Acc vs 3 DA. meh.

EDIT: And if multi attacks actually happen the regain is further devalued and the deluges set is a 7 hit regardless.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-23 23:11:07  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

Care to post this set?
ItemSet 269763
with the +1 would still be 6 hit, and adds the extra double attack
(this is assumed ws in the new feet with 5stp)
also an extra note, this set as suggested with pak +1 needs 4/5 reso hits to land, add k earring and its 3/5 hits, all in the acc levels you need

also
Atmacite of Deluges
Enmity+15 VIT+15 "Store TP"+15 "Double Attack"+3%

id sooner use ashman's setup and gain 50 tp bonus, it would do way more than 3 double attack

edit:
Pak Corselet +1
[Body] All Races
DEF:69 STR+17 Accuracy+19 Attack+19 "Store TP"+4 "Double Attack"+4%
LV 99 PLD DRK
vs
Armada Hauberk
[Body] All Races
DEF:54 STR+11 DEX+11 Accuracy+16 Attack+16 Evasion-11
Stp+6 Double Attack +3
LV 73 WAR DRK BST

for the record
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2013-04-23 23:40:35  
Target: Qilin

Buffs: Last resort, Haste, Boost-Str(+20), March x2, Chaos, Fighter's, Monarch's, Stalwart's, Braver's.

Valiant and Latitude with:

Dark Depths
DPS 701.2

Coercion
DPS 708.8

Deluges
DPS 723.6

Using your VW gear set. Also I'm a taru so these numbers are for a taru.

I don't know about you guys but I've spent millions of gil and hours of my life on a smaller improvement than 15 DPS.

Now if our goal is something other than DPS, well maybe I'm in the wrong thread.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 206 207 208