(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 206 207 208
 Odin.Registry
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-03-30 02:56:01  
Just wanted to be sure I'm using the right stuff since I just finished Apoc and I'm still not 100% sure what to compare everything to. I think I posted before, but the sets used Huginn/Phos+1, and I've yet to get either of them. I should have access to pretty much everything else, though.

uncapped delay, no AM, /WAR

ItemSet 291446

uncapped delay, no AM, /SAM

ItemSet 291445

uncapped delay, AM, /WAR

ItemSet 291442

uncapped delay, AM, /SAM

ItemSet 291441

capped delay, /WAR (can't really think of any swaps with AM up, so not going to bother listing the same set twice :s)

ItemSet 294541

capped delay, /SAM

ItemSet 294552

capped delay, AM, /SAM

ItemSet 294540

catastrophe

ItemSet 294545

I'm considering "capped delay" to be with Haste + 1 March + Embrava + LR or Haste + 2x March + LR.

Any input is greatly appreciated. (*'-')b
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-30 11:48:19  
Just leaving this here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-30 11:54:44  
Tanzanite might be *** to get :<

my birthstone though :D
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-03-30 12:27:44  
Odin.Registry said: »
I'm considering "capped delay" to be with Haste + 1 March + Embrava + LR or Haste + 2x March + LR.

With Haste spell, Marches need to be +5, or +3 with Marcato on Victory March to cap magic haste. Seems risky to assume all BRDs have either a 99 horn or a Carnwenhan to fulltime Marcato.

I should disclaim that I didn't actually check your sets to see if there are shortfalls, just pointing out what I know.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-30 17:38:01  
Kariyeh brayette, better for Torcleaver than Ogiers?
While 3% WSD is nice, 16 str\vit is a pretty massive amount.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-31 20:25:41  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
oh my *** O_O MUST ADD TO GUIDE!!!

That looks totally awesome for additional Store TP and/or Multiattack gear setups.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-01 11:57:48  
Added Karieyh Feet to some WS setups

Cerberus.Alareiks said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
HP, STR/DEX, Great Sword. Optional additions: Scythe, Dark Magic, Critical Hit Rate+
I'm surprised in seeig Scythe as an optional addiction... can you please explain me why Great Sword is better than Scythe? I thought that it was the best for DRK since it's A+...

Btw, thx for the advices :D
Resolution is a Great Sword WS unlocked/upgraded with merits, and it's currently the top weapon skill for DRK in the game, dealing 5 hits. Torcleaver is second-best if you have a Caladbolg to use it with and like taking advantage of AM3.

Scythe gets Entropy, which is widely better than Guillotine as 4-hit WS, but the damage spikes comparable to Reso often come occasionally (and complements Catastrophe very well I must say!).

Make no mistake, if you like a mix of damage and utility, Scythe is the best way to go. Great Sword serves as your best raw-damage option. I personally have 8/8 skill merits in both :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-01 20:21:53  
Added Karieyh Feet to some WS setups

Cerberus.Alareiks said: »
HP, STR/DEX, Great Sword. Optional additions: Scythe, Dark Magic, Critical Hit Rate+
I'm surprised in seeig Scythe as an optional addiction... can you please explain me why Great Sword is better than Scythe? I thought that it was the best for DRK since it's A+...

Btw, thx for the advices :D
Resolution is a Great Sword WS unlocked/upgraded with merits, and it's currently the top weapon skill for DRK in the game, dealing 5 hits. Torcleaver is second-best if you have a Caladbolg to use it with and like taking advantage of AM3.

Scythe gets Entropy, which is widely better than Guillotine as 4-hit WS, but the damage spikes comparable to Reso often come occasionally (and complements Catastrophe very well I must say!).

Make no mistake, if you like a mix of damage and utility, Scythe is the best way to go. Great Sword serves as your best raw-damage option. I personally have 8/8 skill merits in both :)
As any dedicated drk should ^^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evihime
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-04-02 03:14:22  
Odin.Registry said: »
Just wanted to be sure I'm using the right stuff since I just finished Apoc and I'm still not 100% sure what to compare everything to. I think I posted before, but the sets used Huginn/Phos+1, and I've yet to get either of them. I should have access to pretty much everything else, though.

uncapped delay, no AM, /WAR

ItemSet 291446

uncapped delay, no AM, /SAM

ItemSet 291445

uncapped delay, AM, /WAR

ItemSet 291442

uncapped delay, AM, /SAM

ItemSet 291441

capped delay, /WAR (can't really think of any swaps with AM up, so not going to bother listing the same set twice :s)

ItemSet 294541

capped delay, /SAM

ItemSet 294552

capped delay, AM, /SAM

ItemSet 294540

catastrophe

ItemSet 294545

Any input is greatly appreciated. (*'-')b
I tend to *** the xhit when /war capped delay + AM, in situations when u get lot of buffs such as legion or zergs, and looks like it pulls ahead, can any1 do maths for dat?
Im just a bit exagerated and I have like lot of variations in my sets, but Im lazy to post most of em... I fit Valk body in some sets too...

ItemSet 290312

This is a nice /WAR AM up 6hit /WAR, it pulls ahead of pretty much everything on fodder or when u need accuracy sets and u dont have caped haste/delay, for everything in the middle (Qilin, Uptala etc) there are better sets.

I use ur same AM /SAM set on fodder, sept for head/grip, I use Bale/Rose since I didnt get a Dup yet.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-04-03 15:17:06  
Posting 2 diff Reso sets I use

Low Acc
ItemSet 295196

High Acc
ItemSet 268481

In the High Acc set u sacrifice Some Attack and STR (and 2 DA from mitts), but u gain a lot of acc, which is very nice on High ***, need to do maths tho, but looks to work pretty well for what I tried.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-04-05 17:23:47  
A lot behind Rag, a bit behint OAT, prolly better then Borealis, gotta wait ppl to do maths.
Delay is nice too, not a 480
 Asura.Backstab
サーバ: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-04-05 18:43:35  
Ragnarok.Evihime said: »
Posting 2 diff Reso sets I use

Low Acc
ItemSet 295196

High Acc
ItemSet 268481

In the High Acc set u sacrifice Some Attack and STR (and 2 DA from mitts), but u gain a lot of acc, which is very nice on High ***, need to do maths tho, but looks to work pretty well for what I tried.

Avant gauntlets +1 win if you need the extra acc or attack is capped. Also karieyh sollerets win even if you dont need the acc i would assume. Could also swap a pyro for candent ring if needed.
By Armangetto 2013-04-06 14:20:58  
Would Pak corselet (DEF:68 STR+16 Accuracy+18 Attack+18 "Store TP"+3 "Double Attack"+3%) Pak corselet +1 (DEF:69 STR+17 Accuracy+19 Attack+19 "Store TP"+4 "Double Attack"+4%)or Karieyh haubert (DEF:79 STR+18 DEX+18 Attack+25 "Double Attack"+2%) beat Phorcys body for resolution?
By duos 2013-04-06 15:00:14  
Noticed that in the Entropy set the weapon is Wroth Scythe for some reason.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-06 15:33:47  
Why wouldn't you use Karieyh brayettes over bale +2 for Reso, or am I missing something?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-06 15:44:28  
duos said: »
were you looking at the NQ Armor Sets or the HQ Armor Sets section?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
サーバ: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-07 09:30:14  
Any thoughts on Karieyh haubert and Pak corselet vs our usual options for Resolution?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-07 09:54:02  
Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Any thoughts on Karieyh haubert and Pak corselet vs our usual options for Resolution?
Haubert perhaps better than Phorcys

Pak+1 seems like an excellent body piece for setups requiring a minimum of STP+4 on your body piece (and holy *** DA+4%). Otherwise, for builds requiring STP+6, Hauberk will still reign king.
 Quetzalcoatl.Prophett
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Prophett 2013-04-07 09:55:21  
IDK Hyu Test em out you bum :P
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
サーバ: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-07 10:21:35  
I'm still clinging to my Armada, just wanted to know if it competes or not :)
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-07 10:46:31  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Why wouldn't you use Karieyh brayettes over bale +2 for Reso, or am I missing something?

Karieyh seems better yeah, but if you encounter mobs that require more accuracy bale +2 will win. Resolution is a multihit ws and like all multihit ws it needs accuracy in some circumstances.
[+]
By duos 2013-04-07 14:13:58  
Would OAT GS drk with no Phorcys gear be an acceptable DD in NN event ? anyone care to share their experience?

were you looking at the NQ Armor Sets or the HQ Armor Sets section?

It was "No Phorcys Gear, "Accessible" Setups" noticed that the tp set uses apoc while Wroth Scythe is used for Entropy set. Not a big deal just wanted to point that out.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-07 14:27:36  
works just as well as any other dd
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-04-07 14:28:03  
Would OAT GS drk with no Phorcys gear be an acceptable DD in NN event ? anyone care to share their experience?
Yes. We (Hyabusa and I) ran two of them actually. I dare say your rate of TP gain with OAT to WS something dead far better matches the mobs in the event that you're more effective with it than having Rag.

You kill the boss a tiny bit slower, but being half a step faster along the way means way more.

Nebulous theory about a 1k WS every 30 seconds beating a 10k WS every minute if mobs only have 1k HP aside, how the hell would anyone have Phorcys gear in the first place if everyone required you to have it to do the event to get it?
By duos 2013-04-07 14:33:41  
Raelia said: »
how the hell would anyone have Phorcys gear in the first place if everyone required you to have it to do the event to get it?

Funny isn't it heh, well i know atleast 2 people mainly dd jobs who geared sch to get into the event. That got me concerned. cheers for the input everyone will hopefully try it out soon.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-07 14:34:50  
that's because people put the event on some kind of pedestal
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-11 02:17:07  
I have a reuqest for this thread, it might be a bit much to ask, I know these are ALOT of work.
This guide in particular seems a bit messy in the gear-set-department.
Would'nt it be better to separate by weapons, and make it a bit easier to understand which sets are for \war and \sam etc?
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-12 12:47:36  
edited the Crobaci and Iizamal portions!

I could try Kvazz, but I doubt I would have any room to put any more gearsets in (due to character limits) :(
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-04-13 11:25:41  
edited the Crobaci and Iizamal portions!

I could try Kvazz, but I doubt I would have any room to put any more gearsets in (due to character limits) :(

He wasn't even asking for more gearsets, he was asking for some context for the sets that are there. Not that the sets are good.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 206 207 208