(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 203 204 205
By Kronkeykong 2018-07-26 10:44:27  
Anyone got a DRK Lua that's good? The one in the main post has been giving me a lot of trouble, not equipping items, taking off items after I engage etc. It's kind of a mess.

UPDATE: I figured it out I recently got an Apoc and it was combining mad sets together so I just removed the Apoc Rule for now.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2018-07-26 11:21:46  
So I've AGed my Calad, one of just a handful in my server it seems, I have to say this thing is insanity personified. I'm curious as to what Store-TP set ups folks have with it. I managed to hit 4-hit with a decent 1200 acc set up, but I feel I can improve in some areas.

Thanks for the info in advance.
 Odin.Kealoha
サーバ: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-07-26 12:22:02  
I've haven't had any regrets AG-ing mines as well. However, I've also tried a 4-hit build but I wouldn't suggest it. You sacrifice a lot multi-attack and therefore, your damage over time suffers. I would suggest at least 5-hit build for better numbers overall.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
サーバ: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2018-07-26 12:34:13  
Odin.Kealoha said: »
I've haven't had any regrets AG-ing mines as well. However, I've also tried a 4-hit build but I wouldn't suggest it. You sacrifice a lot multi-attack and therefore, your damage over time suffers. I would suggest at least 5-hit build for better numbers overall.

Thank you, I pretty much feel the same way. The 4-hit with capped haste all around was just a Torcleaver and self-light fest as a solo DD on this month's Vol 1 Difficult Ambuscade, so it is fun... but yeah, I'll adjust to sacrifice less multi-hit. Thank you for the constructive point of view btw.
 Asura.Roughwind
サーバ: Asura
user: roughwind
By Asura.Roughwind 2018-08-20 22:13:39  
Thought i'd post the latest DRK(Sycthe) WS set but had some questions whether to replace the new ring with regal or niqmaddu. suggestions are appreciated. New Ring was from Venus Orb: Epaminondas's Ring
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/26214/epaminondass-ring

ItemSet 351389
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-08-21 01:50:34  
neither, the new ring is only best for jobs that don't get regal or niq, jobs like BLU and RDM. hit builds are too important for 2 handers
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-08-21 03:10:14  
Asura.Arnan said: »
neither, the new ring is only best for jobs that don't get regal or niq, jobs like BLU and RDM. hit builds are too important for 2 handers

Nice generalization. Have you actually calculated if that ring breaks any x hit build for Anguta, or you are just guessing?

DRK/sam with Anguta has 68 sTP with TP SET from here
It gives around 245 TP per hit, which makes anything other than 5 hit build pretty much impossible without rolls. Ring wouldn't change anything.

It also doesn't break a 3 hit build with 11 samurai roll with regal neck.

So unless you want to adjust your set for x hit builds for non XI Samurai rolls, the -store tp on that ring seems to not be an issue here. Also with so much multihit this days, you usually don't hit those exact 1000 TP anyway.
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2018-08-21 03:21:34  
ok so the SoA reward ring +1 came out over a year ago and nobody uses it over regal/niq, its a fact that regal/niq is better. So the new ring is WSD 1% more than +1 SoA ring and 10 acc less and 10 STP less, in favour of 1% WSD.

If your not trying to compensate for 10% loss of STP in WS set you can fit in more multi-attack in your TP set.
 Asura.Roughwind
By Asura.Roughwind 2018-08-21 05:27:03  
Your comparing now Karieyh Ring +1 with Epaminondas's Ring, when the real question is which combo would be best Niqmaddu/Epam or Regal/Epam , I dont really see any STP loss when Ratri Legs+1 already gives 10stp .. sure there will be -10stp loss if using anything else but still like SimonSes mentioned with SAM XI rolls this shouldnt be an issue at all.

ps: i use Fallen flanchard+3 for Torcleaver, bought this ring from someone for 50m if it is really that bad then i guess ill find a buyer paying x4 that price :D. I'd like to hear more says on how good/bad it actually is.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-21 07:08:17  
According to the spreadsheets:

Torcleaver:
Uncapped attack, Niq/Regal is best.
Capped attack, Niqmaddu/Karieyh +1 and Niqmaddu/Epaminodas are basically the same, with less than 0.05% difference between them. Since Karieyh +1 gives 10 accuracy, it still wins.

Cross Reaper:
Uncapped attack, Niqmaddu/Regal is best.
Capped attack, Niqmaddu/Karieyh +1 is best. Cross Reaper has more TP dependence, so Epaminodas' negative STP hurts it more.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2018-08-21 07:17:47  
I was under the impression there is no up-to-date DRK spreadsheet. can you send me the link please
By SimonSes 2018-08-21 07:20:52  
Personally I think, that Karieyh is usually not mentioned, because it's only marginally better under capped attack, while also not being an option for a lot of people. I will never have that ring for example, because I chose different one as reward from SoA and I don't plan to change that. Epam is currently hard to get, but it doesn't have limited availability in the same sense as Karieyh.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-21 07:27:25  
DirectX said: »
Did you put in Epam/Karieyh+1 too?
Yes, I did. Niqmaddu's STR, VIT, and QA makes it win handily even under capped attack.

The spreadsheet is one I've been personally keeping updated and mechanically sound for years (heavily modified from Motenten's, of course). I don't know how to share documents over the internet, but if anyone wants to give me instructions (using non-paid methods), I'd give it a go to upload it.
 Asura.Roughwind
By Asura.Roughwind 2018-08-21 07:48:10  
Asura.Geriond said: »
According to the spreadsheets:

Torcleaver:
Uncapped attack, Niq/Regal is best.
Capped attack, Niqmaddu/Karieyh +1 and Niqmaddu/Epaminodas are basically the same, with less than 0.05% difference between them. Since Karieyh +1 gives 10 accuracy, it still wins.

Cross Reaper:
Uncapped attack, Niqmaddu/Regal is best.
Capped attack, Niqmaddu/Karieyh +1 is best. Cross Reaper has more TP dependence, so Epaminodas' negative STP hurts it more.

Thanks Geriond.

SimonSes said: »
Personally I think, that Karieyh is usually not mentioned, because it's only marginally better under capped attack, while also not being an option for a lot of people. I will never have that ring for example, because I chose different one as reward from SoA and I don't plan to change that. Epam is currently hard to get, but it doesn't have limited availability in the same sense as Karieyh.

Exactly, not getting that SoA ring so this will be next closest to it but with a little penalty. Now i know Niqmaddu/Epaminodas is still better than Niqmaddu/Regal in cap attack situations.
By SimonSes 2018-08-21 09:32:13  
I would also want to point out, that Torcleaver set has very low accuracy and very often only reaching capped accuracy on first hit only, making all that multihit proc even less meaningful.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-22 07:15:15  
Here's my DRK sheet, for those that were interested. Note that they have my personal augments on them, as well as misc other stuff like Green Wyvern Cheer active, so you'll need to do some adjustments to make it fit you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13kPYhu_SOM6KwZXDKBZ00pMORui4VVzh/view

Never done this before, so tell me if it doesn't work.
[+]
By Kronkeykong 2018-08-23 13:00:54  
Question; Wondering about Neck/Waist and Earring options for Catastrophe. Is Fotia the way to go for Neck/Belt? The whole formula with FTP always goes in one ear and out the other if someone can explain it like a 3rd grader would understand.

And I read that Lugra is best at night for it over Brutal, how would you set that up in GS?(obviously Ishvara in other slot.)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-08-23 13:30:20  
Some multi-hit WS take their fTP value, and apply it to each hit in the weaponskill. Some only use the fTP value on the first hit of the WS, and then all subsequent hits use a default fTP of 1.0.

Catastrophe is one of the later classification of weaponskills, so Fotia Gorget/Belt would only provide a bonus on the first hit of a weaponskill. All extra hits would just multiply damage by 1.0 (aka, not factor fTP at all).

In that instance, something like Caro Necklace or Wanion/Caudata Belt could provide more overall benefit than Fotia Gorget/Belt.

Since Catastrophe is a 1-hit weaponskill to start, it's probably a wash honestly.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-08-23 13:36:17  
Cats has a low FTP of 2.75 which favors Fotia. (Lower the ftp the more impactful the .2 is)

The WS damage bonus is also factored after the FTP boost.
By Boshi 2018-08-23 13:48:20  
On a spreadsheet:
When ur coming new ring you should use it with the stp-10 to calculate overall dps,
but for conparing just ws dmg just compare it without the -stp10.

Despite correctly lowering overall dps, depending on tp overflow it might scew your ws avg up
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-23 15:32:29  
No, you should count the STP on the average WS value too, as it affects how much tp overflow you get on average.
By Jinchuuriki3 2018-08-24 16:12:21  
I have a question about Drk, what is the best non Relic/empy/mythic/aec weapon or su 3+ for both scythe and GS
I saw a shout for Zulfiqar but wasn’t sure if I should spend the few mil to get is there another option out there. I plan on making apoca eventually but in the mean time I want the strongest weapon possible of each kind. Sooo many options so quite confused.

Currently I own a Macbain with
36 dmg+
Wapon skill dmg +7
Atk/Accu +15

And Inanna almost similar maxed out stats.

I lean more towards scythe so was wondering from what I’ve seen this are some good ones but unsure what’s the best dmg wise.

Shukuyu’s scythe
Dacnonania
Triska scythe +1
Misanthropy
Deadbane aug
Cronus aug

I still want a gs too but haven’t researched that yet

Looking at damage per second and ws
Would appreciate any thoughts on this so I can make a decision in which direction I should go

Thank you in advance
By volkom 2018-08-24 16:36:23  
Probably raetic algol and scythe /+1 versions would be your best weapons for damage.

Cronus isn't bad imo. Lots of acc. and wsdmg
iirc macbain with stellar augments and montante+1 are good too.

(I'm lazy and cheap, so I would stick with cronus and macbain until I made a rmea weapon)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-24 16:37:54  
Scythe best it's probably Raetic Scythe+1 since you can maintain the MP requirement on it.

GS is probably the same if you can do the same mp wise, but you probably would only be able to in escha. So the next best it's likely Montant+1. Zulfiqar is really good but it would require very good augments to compare to an already great out of the box weapon from Sarama

Edit: beaten
[+]
 Bismarck.Mitchel
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2018-09-03 03:45:57  
Was there a consensus on best use of resin, PDT vs DT?
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-03 07:58:20  
Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
Was there a consensus on best use of resin, PDT vs DT?

I use two TP capes on my DPS jobs. Meva for TP, -pdt for hybrid.

-DT on my WS capes.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Roughwind
By Asura.Roughwind 2018-09-10 03:26:06  
So traded Father Time (su5) to Oboro it says:
*This equipment's abilities will be set to their maximum rank.*

3 augment paths:

- [1]Chance of double attacks +50%
[2]"Store TP"+25
[3]DMG+15

- [1]Chance of follow-up attack +50%
[2]"Subtle Blow II" +25
[3]DMG+15

- [1]"Drain" potency +25%
[2]Weapon Skill Damage +15%
[3]DMG+15

Haven't picked any because i don't know if those augments are permanent or can be changed at any time.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 203 204 205