(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 203 204 205
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-04 13:40:48  
I'm putting PDT on my current DEX/ATK/ACC/DA cape, then making another and putting Status Resist on it.

Next month I'll make a 3rd with MDT.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-04 14:22:50  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Anyone had any thoughts on the new augments on the capes? What would be the ultimate defensive piece for DRK? :)

I'm probably doing meva or status resist + on all my tp capes
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-05 10:58:22  
Hey all,
had already dropped in on the RUN forum so I figured I'd drop by the DRK forum since the update has people theory-crafting. Was thinking about re-subbing next month and was curious how far behind my DRK would be...

Posting my Low Accuracy set as an example of where I was when I unsubbed a year ago:
ItemSet 343381
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 11:38:06  
Updated DRK Sets

-This is a rework of my post from page 134.
-Sets do not include Telos/Regal/other things I don't have yet.
-Liberator sets include extra accuracy to compensate.
-Using 5 Ankou Mantles for different situations.
-Accuracy values taken with no buffs on /sam.

Alternatives

Steelflash/Bladeborn >> Replaced by Cessance/Brutal.
Sulevia's Cuisses +2/Odyssean Cuisses >> Replaced by AF Legs +3 for TP/WS.
Odyssean Gauntlets (WS) >> Replaced by AF Hands +3.
Stikini Ring for Absorbs >> Replaced by Kishar Ring.
Excelsis Ring for Drain/Aspir >> Replaced by Archon Ring.
K'ayres Ring & Meridian Ring (spikes/souleater) >> Replaced by Moonbeam Ring x2
Gracile Grip, Kentarch Belt +1, and some Valorous >> Replaced by Utu Grip.
Valorous Mask & Flamm. Gambieras +1 (Reso) >> Replaced by Argosy Head & Feet +1s.
Impatiens >> Replaced by Sapience Orb.
Valorous Greaves (TP) >> Replaced by Flamma +2

Special Equips

The following equips are used in niche situations:

-Relic Head +1/Empy Legs +1 for Dark Seal/Nether Void.
-Ankou's Mantle for Last Resort duration.
-AF Feet +3 for Arcane Circle.
-AF Hands +3 for Weapon Bash.
(Gives a chainbound effect similar to Wild Flourish)
-Twilight Helm/Mail for Auto Reraise.
-Twilight Cloak for Impact.

Sets

Will update if I get anything new. Open to suggestions.

Kylos posted updated sets on the last page, all good sets
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-05 13:40:21  
Thanks again. Looking at those sets, I wouldn't be lagging behind by a whole lot then. Seems the real time sink would be in upgrading gear to +2(+3) status then. Cheers.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-04-05 13:51:11  
Nice to see people using my sets. I could certainly be stronger if I'm able to make a Caladbolg, and getting a few more pieces (think I stated in the post the ones I don't have). I do keep it up to date when I can, and I keep adding to the alternatives list as some returning DRKs certainly can't jump in to getting BiS gear right away.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-05 14:18:37  
Nice to see people using my sets. I could certainly be stronger if I'm able to make a Caladbolg, and getting a few more pieces (think I stated in the post the ones I don't have). I do keep it up to date when I can, and I keep adding to the alternatives list as some returning DRKs certainly can't jump in to getting BiS gear right away.

Appreciated all the same!
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 14:40:08  

My Calad is 1 VNM from completion, sitting on all the aby mats/hmp/dross/boulders.. it's been a year long project, i just lack the motivation to finish it. Hoping i might get around to it this weekend to clean up inv in preperation for HTBF campaign.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-04-05 15:13:56  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

My Calad is 1 VNM from completion, sitting on all the aby mats/hmp/dross/boulders.. it's been a year long project, i just lack the motivation to finish it. Hoping i might get around to it this weekend to clean up inv in preperation for HTBF campaign.

I wouldn't wait .. that thing is a beast. I could only dream of having all the materials ready and waiting lol, that's the hard part over with.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 15:16:03  

I wouldn't wait .. that thing is a beast. I could only dream of having all the materials ready and waiting lol, that's the hard part over with.

I've been gathering them, i just get sidetracked with ***

*Edit, Calad done and AG. had saved up 9300 boulders from last merit campaign so it was easy on my bank account.
[+]
By Squabble 2018-04-10 19:41:08  
Does the weapon skill damage+% stat have a cap? If so, do the job gifts count towards it?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-10 20:05:42  
no
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-04-10 22:52:00  
An update to my sets. Added the new status ailment resist to my scythe and GS tp mantles. Also added damage taken- to the HP/FC//Evasion/Magic Evasion mantle. Finally got Flamma body and legs +2, so sets that use those are true now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mitchel
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2018-04-25 18:22:03  
Any thoughts on relic body +2/3, does it have a place in any sets?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 18:28:27  
fast cast and nukes
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-25 18:35:10  
You can get more fast cast for far less price with Odyssean body, and haha at nukes. I wish we at least had a decent magical WS (damage wise) on our primary weapons.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-04-28 18:46:55  
What's your guys' opinion on Dagon Breastplate?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-28 18:49:25  
not something i'd go out of my way to get.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-04-28 18:51:34  
But if you had one.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-28 18:53:26  
resolution is the only thing i can think of using it for.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-04-28 18:58:12  
Would you go for a well augmented Valorous Mail? What about Emicho+1 body/hands combination? Just torn on sets right now.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-28 19:08:07  
argosy is what i've bee using, i haven't put a lot of thought into drk lately
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-04-28 19:14:54  
Ah. I snagged a Dagon from the gob, and it made me re-think my sets. Was using Emicho+1 body/hands, then tried out Dagon/Sulevia+2. Augmented a DA5/ACC26/DEX9 Valorous Mail earlier, now I just don't know what to use.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-28 22:33:27  
I like to live dangerously.

ItemSet 355459

Yes it's probably a bad idea...

As far as the Dagon Body,

Tough call.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-29 06:50:26  
Using argosy in TP sets makes you extremely vulnerable with the lack of eva/meva which is going to hurt on any real content.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-29 07:27:57  
Using argosy in TP sets makes you extremely vulnerable with the lack of eva/meva which is going to hurt on any real content.

Yeah I know, I was using it on Apex to master it. I'd probably use WAR or DRG on real stuff. It was pretty neat for fodder though.

I have quite a bit of work to do on DRK.

Here's hoping the DM God's smile upon me next campaign.

Probably stuck using Valorous Body, Sulevia+2 Hands, and Ody legs for now if I do take DRK out to NMs.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-04-29 14:10:51  
That's almost identical to my Anguta TP setup, with minor exceptions:

Switch Seething with Ginsen, using Combatant Torque over Ganesha's - but that's preference,
and you'd be right about replacing Argosy with a Valorous Mail loaded with multi-hit and acc.

Argosy hands will probably be necessary to balance out your haste, though, because that was my issue with that setup for the most part. With just grab and go augments on VM (4% DA, 20+ ACC), I think the difference between Argosy Chest and Sulevia's Hands to VM and Argosy Hands was like -2% DA, +3% Haste, almost no difference in accuracy, but you'll lose like 50-70 ATK for the PDT, MEVA, etc.

But that's just with the NQ Argosy augments, anyway.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-29 15:12:42  
Yeah with the NQ belt I'd probably need Argosy+1, the HQ puts me at 25% haste, IIRC I'm only about .5% from the cap or something?

Doesn't seem like a huge deal overall. I'd actually be gaining -DT and some defensive stats using Sulevia in comparison.
By Churanira 2018-05-02 08:49:29  
Has anyone tested Fallen Flanchard +3, over Ignominy Flanchard +3 for reso? Assuming Ig+3 is still better.

Just looking for numbers. Only have each of them +2.
By Chipples 2018-05-02 16:32:01  

Looking at server transfer to get Ioskeha+1/Emicho Body/Heads+1. My current set im looking at for Anguta TP any comments welcome
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 203 204 205