Which HQ Staff Would You Buy?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Which HQ staff would you buy?
Which HQ staff would you buy?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 13:19:57  
Ludoggy said:
Dasva said:
You forget sch has light nuke...

Banish and holy dont count!
Luminohelix is a dot.

Luminohelix is a dot that is calculated like a small nuke. It counts alot
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 13:22:26  
Mindi said:
There should be enough gear that are a bigger increase for you while leveling SCH then one HQ staff. Atleast your SCH49 on your profile is kinda "outdated" on gear anyways.

Yeah, I've been syncing to high 30s/low 40s a lot in my static, that's why my gear doesn't quite fit the level I am.

What I'm wearing now is:

Weapon: Light Staff/Dark Staff (and others soon)
Sub: Lizard Leather Strap
Ammo: Morion Tathlum
Head: Gold Hairpin
Neck: Black Neckerchief
Ear1: Cunning Earring
Ear2: Antivenom Earring
Body: Seer's +1
Hands: Magna Gloves
Rings: Knowledge Ring X2
Back: Aurora Mantle
Waist: Qiqirn Sash
Legs: Magna Legs
Feet: Magna Feet

Gonna camp for Moldavite as soon as I work up the motivation. Any other suggestions? I'm clueless for good armor pieces for this, and pretty much have been focusing on INT and MP/hMP. Oh, and I eat Melon Pies for the INT and extra MP as well.

Yeah, I know I'm derailing my own thread slightly, just figured I'd ask here rather then start a whole other thread lol
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-10 13:25:48  
True enough, I was just suggesting that he could probably live without Apollo and get Aquilo + Auster, but that what he really needs to do is consider how he uses the job and how he plans to use it.

If he never ever ever enfeebles, then Auster is almost not worth thinking about.

Gonna have to go with Malekith on this, though.

I guess if I had to pick just one, I'd say Aquilo.

Just remember Mal, if you give a man a fish, he eats for today. If you teach him how to fish, he can eat everyday.

I tend to prefer to help guide people into making their own decisions than just to use the "do this or you're doing it wrong" approach that some people prefer.

Heck, I bared my neck on my THF WS gear yesterday (different thread) almost hoping to see a ton of replies with things to try, but there really haven't been any/many yet >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 13:26:04  
Sch is too multi facetted to really answer that. You should probably have an enhancing/mnd build for when you do a support role. For nukes it should go something like MAB>int>skill/macc then way aftert that mp and hmp only for maccroing. Though on lower tier spells MAB and int may get closer and/or swap places depening on amounts you'd really need to do the math on that one. And obviously int/mnd macc/enfeebling skill for debuffs.
 Carbuncle.Elgato
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Elgato 2009-06-10 14:34:56  
im a 75 blm.
Got 5 hq staves: ice>thunder>dark>wind>and just got light for my bst^^
I got ice 1st 'cuz is the cheapest and my most used spell, thunder next for been my second most used spell, got dark next as a gift from a friend, then I got wind after that. I'm happy with the resoults im geting.
I rearly use fire, water or earth so I may get the others when I get some extra gil but im good for now. Just my opinion ^.~