Attention All Gungnir Owners And Non-Gungnir Owners

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Solrain 2012-11-27 10:57:23  
Sylph.Traxus said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Let's make a petition to boost Quietus because I have buyer's remorse.

owait, i invested almost no time or money into it. A drg can make an OAT for a fraction of the time/cost investment of gungnir. You don't buy a rolls royce and then write them a letter to make it as fast as a cheaper Corvette.

OAT for drg is shitty thou (even just compared to drk with OAT gs).

[+]
By Aeyela 2012-11-27 11:09:54  
That's the jobs fault

Whoa now.
By Ophannus 2012-11-27 11:14:03  
Stop comparing Relics to Empyreans and Mythics, thanks. Ryunohige isn't bad it's a pretty good weapon but still outclassed by a Ukkon or Ragnarok which are both easier to get...although if they ever remove the -attaack from drakesbane and give DRG something like berserk/last resort, this may change.
By Aeyela 2012-11-27 11:16:12  
Asura.Andevom said: »
SE already repented for this by making the Ryunohige incredibly awesome.

Not really. For all those people that have a Gungnir which now drastically under performs compared to other relic weapons, a 400m weapon to totally replace their previous hard work is not even close to 'repenting'.
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-11-27 11:23:12  
Sylph.Traxus said: »
OAT for drg is shitty thou (even just compared to drk with OAT gs).

wat :|

As in, a oat drg does ***dps compared to other jobs with emp/relic (or even oat drk). It's a decent weapon by drg standards, (IE: gungnir and whatever the emp is), but drgs standards are very low.

That's the jobs fault not the relic ws or the aftermath. I agree with the attack buff being a nice thought but that would be an entirely different "please gimme this" thread, right? We're still talking "can i have super saiyan 3 as my relic aftermath" along with "can you make the ws thats garbage/agi mod for the last 8 years not garbage" unless im mistaken.

Mythic polearm is competitive as it is thou. Even if you fixed drgs attack, it would still be the only dd job with both a shitty relic and a shitty emp. If you buffed drg to the point that gungnir is on par with rag/ukon, the mythic would be pretty broken.
By Ophannus 2012-11-27 11:24:18  
Also the fact that all 3 legendary weapon types were supposed to be more or less equal at 99 though each one was meant to bring something unique. Gungnir serves nothing more than simply the highest base DMG polearm. The shock spikes and ws aren't interesting or unique or give us any tactical advantage, the ws uses an AGI modifier for some stupid reason. Its just a high base damage polearm with a super hit like 5% of the time, which every relic has, offers nothing unique or interesting. Not saying it's the only relic without something interesting but it definitely has it the worst out of the other 2handed DD weapons.

Stop comparing Gungnir, which was designed for a 2handed damage dealer to Kikoku which was designed for a 1 handed, light armor, support DD/Tank.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Amearth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Amearth
By Bismarck.Amearth 2012-11-27 11:46:17  
to be honest the only thing i really want is the def down thing not to overwrite my 25% angon. my 99 drg can keep up with alot of DDs out there so I am rather happy about it. sure Mythic owns my Gungnir of course it does. and a Drk with SE LR zerk and warcry doing Reso will also beat me but i can keep pace with sams and wars on a decent basis with my stardiver set. would i love a cooler aftermath or a different ws mod sure but will I stop playing my drg if they don't hell no.
[+]
By Gimp 2012-11-27 12:52:05  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi said: »
Yeah because Blade: Metsu is such a great weapon skill, and the Subtle Blow aftermath is not totally useless now...

Welcome to the club!
The ~3 nagi owners would like a word with you about who has the worst weapon, but they instead committed majin gakure and decided to not reraise.

This caused me to randomly burst in an uncontrollable fit of laughter for a good two minutes in the office and made everyone wonder why Starbucks apple and cherry pies were such a funny subject.

Nin gets all the quirky weapons since abssyea isn't an endgame event anymore I wouldn't build the best weapon tailored for it(due to a biased 1.5 year experience of building motherfucking every weapon path multiple times and wanting to stay far the *** away from it.); of course when you say endgame and nin the sadfaces start to appear.

Still isn't an excuse to not buff the relic weapons however.

Edit: and the Nagi users wield the katana BACKWARDS so they should feel even more insulted.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-27 15:11:37  
Ophannus said: »
Stop comparing Gungnir, which was designed for a 2handed damage dealer to Kikoku which was designed for a 1 handed, light armor, support DD/Tank.

Why? Because you can't logically compare them? Or because doing so makes you feel even worse about how shitty Gungnir is?

I'll give you a hint: You can compare any weapon to any other weapon.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-11-27 15:15:37  
SE is not going to change the AM, it's been this way for over a decade. Don't know why you guys are complaining, you don't see Excal PLDs, Spharai MNKs, Kikoku NINs etc complaining. All I see is whining. If you are unhappy with you're weapon, shouldn't have built it. Build a Ryunohige.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-27 15:20:05  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
SE is not going to change the AM, it's been this way for over a decade. Don't know why you guys are complaining, you don't see Excal PLDs, Spharai MNKs, Kikoku NINs etc complaining. All I see is whining. If you are unhappy with you're weapon, shouldn't have built it. Build a Ryunohige.

Yeah, but in all fairness at this stage of the game, you can casually solo a relic (I did). You really can't do that with a mythic. Not by a long shot.
[+]
By LakshmiArtemas 2012-11-27 15:35:55  
Actually you could.

Just spend obscene amounts of gil and do nyzul/ein twice a week (four events in a week is pretty casual). It will just take you a long time.
By Xenshi 2012-11-27 15:38:33  
OK..enough, I am a Gungnir owner and main Drg. The OP is trying to say that compared to the other relics..Gungnir gets a short stick. Case in point, why does Apoc give HP back on WS, Haste with its AM, and addt. effect blind? If they were going to do anything, either take the HP effect away, or add to the weapons that don't have these things plain and simple. Will it ever happen..hell no. There are zero f**ks given at the dev guys office.

Stop comparing empyrean and mythic weapons because they are all different in ways of obtainment. If every Drg could go get a mythic as easy as a relic or empyrean, it would be done. Is Gungnir lackluster as far as being compared to some of the effects of other relics yes, but does that mean its a bad weapon..hell no, by no means. I can hold my own against Drks, Wars, and Mnks no problem with my weapon. I'm damn satisfied with making it too.

While it was a worthy post, to think that SE will ever give a crap and do something about the way this game works is crazy. They are set in there ways. Hell, they won't even give us some of the simple stuff I'm sure people that actually play the game could do in a matter of a week.

Stop giving a f**k as to hoping and waiting for the one dev to fix issues and play the game as you see fit and screw what people think. I stop giving a f**k years ago and simply play the game.
[+]
By Gimp 2012-11-27 15:41:09  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

They provide us with a service that we pay for and built us a forum and peruse(and did before the OF) other popular ffxi networks to get feedback from the players about the game. There's nothing wrong with repeated feedback about what players care about and pay for, a lot of us have outgrown the game far beyond the normal means in terms of what benefit it gives versus the time put in(ie people bitching so much about what they hate about SE but yet still play this game for whatever reasons). Being realistic about their lackluster, slow progress and any hypocritical stands on issues about this game is fine, but there's nothing wrong with telling your provider about how to make their service better. It may not happen, but there's nothing wrong with telling them it's part of being a consumer for a product you want maintained with your money.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-27 15:41:24  
LakshmiArtemas said: »
Actually you could.

Just spend obscene amounts of gil and do nyzul/ein twice a week (four events in a week is pretty casual). It will just take you a long time.

How do you casually solo an event that requires 3 people to enter?
[+]
By LakshmiArtemas 2012-11-27 15:45:08  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Actually you could.

Buy the alexandrite, buy the wins. Do a shout once a month. Not a real issue.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2012-11-27 15:45:21  
Casually 2-box with a friend D/Cing you in.
 Odin.Drgg
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-11-27 15:47:16  
Just be happy you didn't make a rhongomiant.

Sadface.jpg
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-27 15:48:13  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Actually you could.

Buy the alexandrite, buy the wins. Do a shout once a month. Not a real issue.

Because casual players that kind of gil just laying around? Kind of far fetched, where as you can just casually solo dyna for a few times a week and do a relic. *shrug* Agree to disagree I suppose.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-27 15:48:36  

/thread
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-27 15:55:00  
I don't think there's any need to separate Gungnir from all the other relics, even if it is in a slightly disadvantaged state compared to most of them. While I support the ideas that Ophannus suggests, I wouldn't limit it to just drg alone. There are other relics that need work too and I wouldn't make any attempt to devalue those.

I'm not sure why so many people are so against adjustment to relic ws's and simply say "don't use them" or "SE won't ever change them". 2hrs have been on a 2hr timer for the entire duration of the game, but they are changing them, how is changing relic aftermath anymore drastic than that? Most of them suck and should be looked in to even if just to have another option. Each job should have a range of useful ws to be used in various situations to add to strategy and job value. The relic ws should be fairly nice since it's a requirement to have the weapon just to use it.

I would like Gungnir's add effect to stack with angon, or at least not overwrite it, I don't think that's asking too much.

I'd like drg to get a dd boost in some way. Higher base attack would be nice but an attack JA or "stance" of some sort wouldn't be a bad method either as long as it doesn't have some directional stupidity that can't be utilized in a mob spinning fight.

Still need to add an upgraded "Super Jump". I still vote for Dragon fall!

Splitting jump timers would also be a good method of increasing DPS but they need to do it without gimping Spirit and Soul like they suggested trying to do...

/thread
Hey ash... your staff is bent. ^^
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-27 15:56:12  
also: ein and entry to assaults aside, you could probably solo a mythic. even with inflated alex prices is only (lol i know) 3-4x a relic.

Im not saying OMFGBBQ EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A MYTHIC. We made my roomate one extraordinarily casually (salvage 4-7x a week was most "rigorous" part). The disparity between relic and mythic isn't kindergarten vs college as sometimes is implied.

(that being said while i would love a liberator to complete the set, i am far too lazy for that ***).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-27 16:09:33  
There is a pretty huge gap between Ryunohige and any other weapon for Dragoon (including Gungnir), but that's not as problem with Gungnir as much as a problem with Dragoon.

I'd be opposed to Gungnir buffs purely on the basis that SE should be buffing the dragoon job as opposed to specific dragoon weapons that only a fraction of the game population will ever obtain. Gungnir owners don't struggle to break into the double digits of alliance event parses because of Gungnir. It's because dragoon is really poorly designed. Also, the suggestions linked in the OP wouldn't really help Gungnir be a better damage dealing weapon or push it in to any other niche. Here were my suggestions for the weapon, which are actually just a partially updated version of what I suggested at level 90.

You know what would help non-Ryunohige polearms? Giving Dragoon 25% Double Attack with the Wyvern out. Those are the kind of solutions you should aim for when it comes to re-balancing the job so it's competitive and Gungnir isn't a 200mil troll tool. Don't think SE would do it? Check out Saber Dance and Temper. Implement this suggestion along with the suggestions I linked and Gungnir will be a moderately respectable DD weapon (you can keep your wyvern alive and he matters) while filling an unoccupied dragoony niche.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-27 16:17:17  
I really like the Amano suggestion Byrth
By LakshmiArtemas 2012-11-27 16:32:37  
Just buy the gil.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-27 16:35:05  
Just buy the gil.

Wonderful counter-argument.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-27 16:46:13  
also: ein and entry to assaults aside, you could probably solo a mythic. even with inflated alex prices is only (lol i know) 3-4x a relic.

Im not saying OMFGBBQ EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A MYTHIC. We made my roomate one extraordinarily casually (salvage 4-7x a week was most "rigorous" part). The disparity between relic and mythic isn't kindergarten vs college as sometimes is implied.

(that being said while i would love a liberator to complete the set, i am far too lazy for that ***).

+1
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-27 17:28:05  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
If drg needs anything its a boost to attack power.

I agree with this. I don't agree with the rest of your point.

Im confused, this for me or Ophannus?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7