Attention All Gungnir Owners And Non-Gungnir Owners

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Ophannus 2012-12-02 22:58:45  
Glue Mjollnir to the bottom of gungnir to make a badass halberd spear/hammer fusion. Something like this:
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-02 22:59:18  
Gimp said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Occasionaly OKHO's all Blue Mages in range.

what does okho mean?

Occasionally Kills Hapless Olives, I didn't get it either. I can only assume it's a buff for BLU
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-02 23:00:04  
Ophannus said: »
I could care less

sorry had to

carry on
 Asura.Zart
サーバ: Asura
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-12-02 23:14:21  
I think Gungir users should consider not meriting Angon, heaven forbid you have a different setup, as I think there would be. If you happen to have a dancer or warrior with tomahawk, angon wouldnt be as useful.

and as for the aftermath compliant that shock spikes does not help dragoon. everything is situational, and dragoon is generally a very solo friendly job as all the pet jobs are. In conclusion i think the relic are pretty balanced with the exception of rangnarok /w resolution being OPed. really great swords suck all the way until that point so I think its earned.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-02 23:18:58  
Angon is stronger than Gungnir's defense down, shock spikes is terrible, and Tomahawk doesn't work the same way.
 Diabolos.Yugl
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-12-02 23:44:53  
1. There is more to the paragraph than what you quoted. Furthermore, your continued attempt to reference Gungnir's story is pointless on two levels. First, I never referenced Gungnir specifically outside of the shape/type of weapon. So much for Gungnir's tale (And quite frankly, Odin's Gungnir isn't the same one we obtain, so that was a done deal since TOAU). Second, you're ignoring the fact that I'm pointing to a general image of DRG that can be construed as associating with lightning on multiple levels. Sound ridiculous? Welcome to your argument that SB "works" for MNK and NIN. Want to argue that DRG doesn't get Shock Spikes natively while they get traits? See Accuracy on WHM, Enmity on RNG, DT on WAR, and ATT on BST. None of these are natural traits of the respective class, yet their weapons have the respective bonus.

2. Yes, continue to say you don't care while passively suggesting they're superior weapons and your second paragraph demonstrates that quite clearly. From start to finish, that paragraph is nothing but a bloated version of the sentence "SB is better than Shock Spikes because you actively apply SB trait." So what? Still a trashy trait within this environment.

The fact of the matter is that if you're going to argue for the deficiency of Gungnir compared to other relics, you need to do better than "Wah, this makes no sense based on a perception of DRG." I already made a post displaying how shoddy aftermath is for most relics and the 20s duration really isn't helping. The passive trait of Gungnir (DEF down) is superior to the majority of other relics (ATT down, Poison, ACC down, Wind DOT, Para, and by your own terms (Passive+Conditional), Counter). Is the overwriting of angon an issue? Of course; I doubt many would take issue with that. However, the original post went beyond stating that simple issue. Instead, you went on this tangent nonsense about the weapon not following your perception of DRG. This was countered by showing some of the "good" weapons don't necessary highlight a perception of the related class and that you can construe a perception of DRG that does associate with Shock Spikes. So then you tried to safe-face by arguing that the weapon doesn't offer much utility. Well that obviously backfired because SB (and others tied to lame WS given the 20s duration) isn't exactly trail-blazing. So now you're trying to rely on this "passive and conditional" argument that's utter BS because if the effect were extensive (Say 500DMG/Spike), those traits wouldn't be an issue.

In short, the only credible argument, the one unopposed, is that the DEF down of Gungnir should not overwrite Angon. Beyond that, SE needs to adjust DRG before adjusting the weapon.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-02 23:58:50  
Diabolos.Yugl said: »
SE needs to adjust DRG before adjusting the weapon.

^this.

pretty derp to be complaining about an already fine-as-it-is relic when the real issue if DRG's nearly complete lack of natural DD enhancement. You need an attack boost and/or an attack speed boost naturally, or a Ryunohige. Complain to SE about doing that that instead of their stupid ideas about making rats hit for 3 dmg instead of 1.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-03 00:20:20  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It does have a downside though. All text you input will be transformed into Mayakov-style rambling, giving all players around you, and yourself, a headache over time.

I'd be ok with this lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 00:29:12  
Go buy a slurpee or something, can give yourself a headache easily with one of those
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-03 00:37:03  
Summary of this thread: "*** I spent 200m on this job and it still sucks."
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-12-03 00:41:11  
So, this thread was so called dumb by some..but the same people that said it was dumb ran it for all seven. Oh the lulz.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-03 00:41:48  
From wiki:
Quote:
In Hákonarmál, Odin sends forth the two valkyries Göndul and Skögul to "choose among the kings' kinsmen" and decide who in battle should dwell with Odin in Valhalla. A battle rages with great slaughter, and part of the description employs the kenning "Skögul's-stormblast" for "battle".

Stormblast = thunder and wind, thunder for shock spikes and AGI mod for wind. Makes perfect sense to me!
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-12-03 00:43:54  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Summary of this thread: "*** I spent 200m on this job and it still sucks."
After seeing so many people complain about Gugnir, you'd think SE made them make the weapon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-03 00:45:41  
Xenshi said: »
So, this thread was so called dumb by some..but the same people that said it was dumb ran it for all seven. Oh the lulz.

You must be new here.

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
From wiki:
Quote:
In Hákonarmál, Odin sends forth the two valkyries Göndul and Skögul to "choose among the kings' kinsmen" and decide who in battle should dwell with Odin in Valhalla. A battle rages with great slaughter, and part of the description employs the kenning "Skögul's-stormblast" for "battle".

Stormblast = Thunder and wind, thunder for shock spikes and AGI mod for wind. Makes perfect sense to me!

I thought Skogul means like "Shake" or something, Geir meaning "spear"
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 00:48:02  
Skogul is a Valkyrie, "the Shaker" iirc. Geirskogul is another Valkyrie, "The High Towering Spear".

I think. been a while since I took mythology

you know what we really need is a God of War style game set in Norse mythology instead of Greek. Greek is cool and all, but Norse would be INFINITELY MORE BADASS. And God of War is already pretty badass. Prolly a safety hazard tbh, forget I mentioned it.
By Ophannus 2012-12-03 10:36:45  
I dunno Valkyrie Profile was pretty badass Norse mythology RPG, not exactly God of War but still epic. Definitely where DRG's jobemote came from since it's a Squaresoft game.

Probably where they got ideas for Geirskogul/jobemotedrg animations
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7