言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kikoku Owners
Kikoku Owners
First Page 2
By jmwillis02 2012-11-02 17:16:06  
For all the people who own a Kikoku 75-99 version. is it any decent in Abyssea at all? i will get my stage 2 tomorrow morning so wondering if i should focus on getting it 99 or work on kannagi on the side, even though Sobek pisses me off because of Gukumatz. With Kikoku inside Abyssea, im guessing i should focus on Jin, but i would like to see some pics of Metsu inside abyssea if you have any~ plz n thank you!
 Cerberus.Celll
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-11-02 17:23:51  
You will be severely underwhelmed with kikoku in abyssea. Kikoku is mainly an outside piece for utility rather than high damage.

Stick with Kannagi inside and kikoku outside.
By Cornmaker 2012-11-02 17:27:28  
^ what celll said

99 here and its nothing for abyssea...even tho the crits are nice but still...
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-02 17:42:46  
I'm pretty sure Metsu is always a bad decision.
By Gimp 2012-11-02 17:45:18  
metsu has stable damage unlike other katana ws but it wont beat jin inside abbsyea
By jmwillis02 2012-11-02 17:45:27  
yeah i know metsu is ***in aby, i just want to see pics of what other ppl have done if they have any. i prolly gonna work on kannagi once i hit stage 4.. to much stuff going on lately between me, friends relic club and trying to get friends arma to 90-95
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 17:52:50  
Everyone i've ever seen with a Kikoku has it offhanded with a kannagi in their mainhand even for outside of abyssea. Ive seen several 85 kannagi mainhand 99kikoku offhanded, its weird.

One of my friends has a 99 kikoku and he leaves it on his manequinn...

Just because there is competition for an abyssea NM or you think a NM sucks isnt really a good excuse to not make a kannagi and make a kikoku instead.
By jmwillis02 2012-11-02 18:07:44  
never said i wasnt going to do kannagi~ im already 80% done with it, just got 30 skins to go and the camped nms left.
[+]
By Ashandarei 2012-11-02 18:21:50  
jmwillis02 said: »
never said i wasnt going to do kannagi~ im already 80% done with it, just got 30 skins to go and the camped nms left.

Having 70 out of 100 items for the 85 version and no camped NMs = 80%.... mind blown.
[+]
 Bismarck.Shebby
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Shebby
By Bismarck.Shebby 2012-11-02 18:25:25  
Well I did first of all a Kannagi too jist decided to make 3 months ago a Kikoku. All what i read/heard is the same as here.

Kannagi wins ofc in Abyssea what I've seen yet.

Today I got finally my Kikoku well I can't speak with the 95-99'er Kikoku owners yet but what I tested confirmed my thoughts.

Outside of Abyssea it works pretty stable, where Kannagi often fails.

And thats the only reason why I made a Kikoku cause outside its cooler (as I think)

Sry u asked for dmg pics I don't have any yet, but the difference between hi and metsu in abyssea is big.
Just do the Kikoku if u love playing Ninja ^^.

Question to the other Kikoku owners are u guys using Blade: shun with kikoku mainhand or Metsu cause of the dmg% + later on?
Outside I mean ofc

Thank you :)
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 18:26:39  
If you are doing dynamis for currency/buying currency for a kikoku you'd probably be better off spending it on mercs and getting a kannagi to 85 first then switching back to working on a kikoku if you still really want one.
Chances are you'd have way too much fun with your kannagi in abyssea and forget about making a kikoku if you went this route.
By jmwillis02 2012-11-02 18:34:56  
Ashandarei said: »

Having 70 out of 100 items for the 85 version and no camped NMs = 80%.... mind blown.

glad someone could blow whats left of that mind~ god knows we surely needed it.
 Cerberus.Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-11-02 19:38:21  
Bismarck.Shebby said: »
Well I did first of all a Kannagi too jist decided to make 3 months ago a Kikoku. All what i read/heard is the same as here.

Kannagi wins ofc in Abyssea what I've seen yet.

Today I got finally my Kikoku well I can't speak with the 95-99'er Kikoku owners yet but what I tested confirmed my thoughts.

Outside of Abyssea it works pretty stable, where Kannagi often fails.

And thats the only reason why I made a Kikoku cause outside its cooler (as I think)

Sry u asked for dmg pics I don't have any yet, but the difference between hi and metsu in abyssea is big.
Just do the Kikoku if u love playing Ninja ^^.

Question to the other Kikoku owners are u guys using Blade: shun with kikoku mainhand or Metsu cause of the dmg% + later on?
Outside I mean ofc

Thank you :)

I personally run with Metsu over shun, as a few others have posted it tends to be the more consistent of the three outside of abyssea. Also I already have like 6 diff. sets of gear for my ninja for certain things, i don't need more gear for a job I hardly play anymore.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2012-11-02 19:38:25  
Kannagi 90, Kikoku 99 here.

I don't use Kikoku in Abyssea at all. Sorry, it's just not the better performer.
 Cerberus.Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-11-02 19:47:45  
Exactly, I think the highest metsu i had seen inside abyssea was around 5.5k and that was with RCB, stalwarts, VV, RR, and I think i was using stout arm for the added attack boost, not sure on that last part. I also had 2x minuet, chaos, zerk, innin and aggressor up hitting from behind the mob. With all of that and a small change to atmas i would have more than likely hit for about 7-9k with Hi

This was a trash mob anyways, im more then sure it would have been in the mid to upper 3000 mark had it been an NM.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-11-02 19:54:58  
I don't think I've ever found myself using RR VV SA on nin. I generally use RR GH SS. Two hand weapons never benefited as much from attack boosts, well rather they get gimped by the attack vs defense calculations. I remember trying SA on NIN but wasn't happy with it. I just go with capped haste, multi-attacks, dual weild, and then gear/atmas what boost my crit hit damage. 2-5k Jins are normal on higher tier NMs like apademak or orthrus.

Would expect Metsu to do better or did SE gimp another relic ? ._. Here I was debating getting a Kikoku, I've always wanted one since the old days but might change my mind after reading all this ._.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-02 20:10:41  

Vs.

Vs.

3.0 ftp 60% Dex *.4 vs 4.4375 ftp 100% dex -8% attack for Metsu/Shun.

Really don't see either beating Hi on anything that doesn't have crit rate/damage -%, and anything that does you probably won't be bringing a nin to.
By jmwillis02 2012-11-02 20:17:33  
planned to do kannagi inside abyssea all the time once i finish friends gun. kikoku was more outside/semi-dream since i wont do bravura since im always nin now. big question is now, what wep is best for VW content?
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-02 20:32:49  
If you're just asking about katanas then I'd say it doesn't really matter. Bring whatever you want, it's voidwatch.
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-11-02 20:51:00  
Kikoku with Shun 5/5 should be your best option everywhere but Abyssea.

Shun being a 100% DEX Mod WS is huge. Yes the move is pretty ATK starved, but since NIN gets plenty of Massive DEX+ pieces, and stacking so much DEX+ should cover ACC needs on most things, Shun is just too good to pass up. For something like Hi you to worry about balancing more stats.

Also from a utility stand point, Kikoku is more flexible. OTD isn't tied to your ability to WS, meaning it can stay up while you're busy procing. The large +ATK is better than the +AGI in general. Also, getting Kikoku to a higher level is more accessible to most people.

Take this with a grain of salt. I had Shun 5/5 and was going for Kikoku, and didn't have a Kannagi on my personal character. I can however tell you that Shun is a pretty amazing WS for NIN and should average better numbers than Hi outside Abyssea. Your TPing should be better as well.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-11-02 20:51:52  
Not that I'm gonna get a Kikoku, but how Potent is the paralyze on it?
 Cerberus.Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-11-02 20:54:39  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

Its about as good a jubaku: Ichi maybe a bit weaker.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-11-02 20:57:37  
Cerberus.Celll said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

Its about as good a jubaku: Ichi maybe a bit weaker.

That doesn't sound too bad
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-02 22:28:17  
Gimp said: »
metsu has stable damage unlike other katana ws but it wont beat jin inside abbsyea

stable-y worse on average by over a few 100dmg on DC dyna mobs + VWNM
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-03 19:43:58  
And that's assuming you have the 99 vers. so Metsu gets beefed up. If Kikoku had a nice AM like Mandau Metsu would probably be worth using.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2012-11-03 20:18:46  
The 90 Kikoku comes with the hidden effect:
Blade: Metsu: Not even once.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-03 20:43:25  
I wouldn't say that. Depending on the situation you might want some consistency in damage and that's a good time to use Metsu. Probably outdoes Shun a bit on stuff with high evasion. But then, if you're fighting something with high evasion, it's probably something you're engaged with long enough to be taking advantage of Kannagi's AM.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-03 20:48:12  
If it has high evasion, then it's probably high level. Which would make Hi more valuable than Metsu.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-03 21:04:15  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Everyone i've ever seen with a Kikoku has it offhanded with a kannagi in their mainhand even for outside of abyssea.

I so wish this was actually effective. If only Kikoku retained just the +40 attack, then it'd be an amazing offhand weapon. As it is, a Fire Arisui outdoes it except on the most fodder of fodder, which is kinda sad.

We're not even like other DW jobs which can offhand their Empy for a great stat boost, we get stuck with shitty AGI. >_>

If it's any consolation, it's not behind by very much since NIN is so TP phase-heavy. I'm sure most people who do that only do it to show off/look cool. That's about the only thing NIN is good for anymore. =P
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2012-11-03 21:21:08  
Gonna depend on buffs as well, but you have to try pretty damn hard to have ACC trouble with Shun unless you're doing it very wrong or fighting a rare moderately high lvl THF Mob.

I mean you're looking at something ridiculous like +80-100 ACC in WS gear for Shun, before any JAs, Foods, or Meds.

The Aftermath is pretty useless for the most part. The only real use for Metsu is doing trials lol.
First Page 2