フォーラム » FFXIV » General » FF14
FF14
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2009-06-02 22:25:21  
I expect XIV to fail, and for it to kill XI as well.

ALTHOUGH if anyone could maybe break the pattern of MMO sequels failing, it's SE.
 Ramuh.Trapt
サーバ: Ramuh
user: DMCrocker
By Ramuh.Trapt 2009-06-02 22:28:26  
FFXI...
FFXIV...

FFXI-V?

Think they did that for a reason ?
 Alexander.Garlend
サーバ: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2009-06-02 22:57:56  
just so everyone knows its coming out on ps3 and pc at the same time worldwide. :P
 Valefor.Superangell
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Superangell 2009-06-02 23:01:04  
and also ur not quitting final11 if final 11 and 14 can play together
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-02 23:02:25  
Trapt said:
FFXI...
FFXIV...

FFXI-V?

FFXIV is FF14 in Roman Numerals.

So yeah, it's because it's number 14 ^^
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-02 23:02:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Imma Just wait and see for now

cant get over hyped now

o.o
 Fenrir.Meeky
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Meekriot
By Fenrir.Meeky 2009-06-02 23:06:11  
Trapt said:
FFXI...
FFXIV...

FFXI-V?

Lol...
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-02 23:08:24  
Thought the montage from http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com was gorgeous so turned them into images and made them my new background:

User submitted image

User submitted image

To me it looks like there are Hume (male/female), Elvaan (male/female), Mithra (male/female), Galka-ish, Tarutaru.
It also looks like there are different aged races, the front right person on the first image looks like a young hume.
Jobs look like from what I can tell, second image - Paladin (far right) next to 2xDragoon next to a Black Mage. First image - White Mage and possible Thief Tarutaru.

All speculation based on the images.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-06-02 23:17:23  
Surreal said:
Eternaltriumph said:
FFXI isn't a great game. More than half of us wouldn't have played it if it didn't say "FINAL FANTASY" to begin with.

I got suckered into this too! ; ; I got the game and thought the intro movie was kick ***! Then made my character and thought "wtf there's no battle going on..And this bagpipe music is gay"

Okay, first mistake: You picked San d'Oria.
[+]
 Seraph.Frilla
サーバ: Seraph
user: Frilla
By Seraph.Frilla 2009-06-02 23:18:23  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Trapt said:
FFXI...
FFXIV...

FFXI-V?

FFXIV is FF14 in Roman Numerals.

So yeah, it's because it's number 14 ^^

Maybe they did it because:

FFXI-I = Rise of Zilart

FFXI-II = Chains of Promathia

FFXI-III = Treasures of Aht Urghan

FFXI-IV = Wings of the Goddess

FFXI-V = New game and expansion and just for the Roman Numeral of the number 14 for the 14th game in the series. =P

Just a thought.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-06-02 23:34:13  
Or maybe they did it cause XIV is 14...
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-06-02 23:37:37  
I've read a few comments about RMT in this topic. Don't worry much about possible RMT in FF14, I have a huge feeling SE will be the one selling in-game things for real money. I don't know to which extent but they won't let the RMT make all the money this time.(It been too much troubles, complaints and money they could have make themselves).

There's only 2 option for SE I think. They let RMT make money selling in-game goods or the video game company are selling them. Gils or items I am not sure yet. The main reason any company will release something is to make money so I can't blame them if they do that move. I will keep that in mind though... people with big credit cards might get ahead of me faster in FF14(if I play). Yes it might already be a bit like that in FF11 but there will be way more customers if it's legit. Oh well, life is life! More money for SE, more content but a possible whole new dynamic.
 Leviathan.Laoshi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Symbol
By Leviathan.Laoshi 2009-06-03 00:27:30  
User submitted image
There you go.
 Siren.Markii
サーバ: Siren
user: Markai
By Siren.Markii 2009-06-03 00:29:37  
I hate the idea of FFXI ending (not immediately but you can understand what i mean), or even just losing a ton of players making the whole dyna/limbus/sky/sea/hnm thing more difficult. but i guess as it is a game and on servers i have no control over it was an inevitability. Hell maybe servers losing populations and merging will make that scene more attractive to more casual players, or free up otherwise impossible/improbable drops for others. (D.Ring for other than PLD, or Haidate for BST onlies)
 Leviathan.Laoshi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Symbol
By Leviathan.Laoshi 2009-06-03 00:34:53  
Markii said:
I hate the idea of FFXI ending (not immediately but you can understand what i mean), or even just losing a ton of players making the whole dyna/limbus/sky/sea/hnm thing more difficult. but i guess as it is a game and on servers i have no control over it was an inevitability. Hell maybe servers losing populations and merging will make that scene more attractive to more casual players, or free up otherwise impossible/improbable drops for others. (D.Ring for other than PLD, or Haidate for BST onlies)

Lets just hope people without a life do not kill themselves when XI shuts down.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-03 00:42:08  
Laoshi said:
Markii said:

Lets just hope people without a life do not kill themselves when XI shuts down.

Honest to god, I know you were joking, but I swear to god at least one person will. I expect more, but I'm willing to bet anything AT LEAST one person will. >_>

On a side note, I hope SE keeps the turnip mandragoras. They're nice. :(
 Siren.Markii
サーバ: Siren
user: Markai
By Siren.Markii 2009-06-03 00:48:34  
you know, it's sad but true, someone WILL probably Real life Souleater Hundred Fists something with a box knife the day FFXI closes for good. i guess on the bright side that's Gene Pool inventory +1
 Asura.Florian
サーバ: Asura
user: Florian17
By Asura.Florian 2009-06-03 01:32:41  
Well in terms of RMT, making FFXIV a PS3 exclusive means that RMT will be greatly reduced because RMT are using crappy PCs just to run FFXI and it will cost them way too much money to buy PS3s and since its for PC too the new high end graphics will put a damper on RMT too because they will have to upgrade all of there current PCs that will ultimately hurt RMT which is good! just a thought on anti-RMT

Also regarding the progress of the game i think they might actually make the 2010 release date because its usually months-years before a trailer gets released in English cause its always JP only first, and this was the first ever release of information/trailer and it was in English! also the official website debuted with 4 dif languages so its a good sign :)
By Fairy.Etoilemourante 2009-06-03 03:00:10  
restart all 6 game work no tkx... very nice if SE think to save caracter and all item we got it... but its dream....
 Asura.Krebons
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-06-03 03:10:13  
hopefully SE is smart and will incoperate a character transfer or something to that nature and effect, or thats one less sale they get from me
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-06-03 03:15:48  
But be able to change race at the same time. >.>
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-06-03 03:29:20  
so now that i actually read the whole thread(yes, im a lazy ***) i noticed alot of "Hope there ISNT chara transfers". Now i am for this feature, only due to the fact that ive invested so much damn time and money into this game, ill be damned to start over a 3rd time(damn haxors). maybe a fresh start is nice, but hey, itd be nice to start with SOMETHING to get you started, rather then 50gil.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-06-03 03:40:33  
omg stop giving money to SE.
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-03 03:46:12  
I wouldn't mind a transfer, it would allow a lot of players who feel like they can't progress much more here a new wide berth of possibilities, while at the same time, those new to the game would also be slightly disgruntled.
However... I do think it would be cool if they had a list of servers where 75 is the new Lv 1, and character progression continues. It would be a pain to do and is in all likely hood a very far fetched idea, but one I would consider were I in a position to do so.
As is, I'm going to play it, just because its a FF game, and I play them all, money to SE or not.
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-06-03 03:50:27  
eh, i wont be going, be damned if i have to do 75 levels of soloing blm and the 64 on bst im currently at, damn bunnies ; ;
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-03 03:54:55  
Krebons said:
eh, i wont be going, be damned if i have to do 75 levels of soloing blm and the 64 on bst im currently at, damn bunnies ; ;

It'll be pre-aht urghan again tho, so BLM in pts :DDDD
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-06-03 03:55:28  
>.> well see how that works lol
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-03 04:01:10  
I hope the ffxiah.com admin is reading this.... almost assured theres an AH, think you peeps will make a ffxivah.com??
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-03 04:02:06  
Yeh man, I'm so glad SE brought the character transfer from my FF7 to FF8, then FF8 to FF9, then FF9 to FF10.... oh wait, they didn't.

Well damn SE then I'm not going to play the next installment if I can't bring my character over, do you know how much time I put into <insert previous game here>.... oh wait, I did play <insert next game here>.

Well I'm definitely not going to like <insert next game here> because <insert previous game here> was the best.... oh wait, I did enjoy it.

Wish people would stop making assumptions based on a 60 second clip.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-06-03 04:10:36  
Kyaaadaa said:
I hope the ffxiah.com admin is reading this.... almost assured theres an AH, think you peeps will make a ffxivah.com??

First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20