フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC off-hand Dagger
DNC off-hand Dagger
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Evilswine
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-05-29 05:13:37  
I dont really know which dagger to use in off-hand. cant decide between More DMG or Less DMG but atk boost or Lowest Delay. I dont know in which way the low delay from cobra would help TP gain and which dagger would make better DMG.
[+]
 Kujata.Arasuta
サーバ: Kujata
user: alastair
By Kujata.Arasuta 2009-05-29 07:12:36  
Sounds stupid but just get a joytoy and use that offhand over anything else.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maryanne
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-29 07:25:09  
I use a behemoth +1, joyuse is great for things like merit pts in my experience, though. Like everything, it's situational.
 Asura.Vespera
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-29 07:35:20  
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

DNC doesn't really have access to "low delay" daggers unfortunately but if you wanna aim for the higher dmg & tp per hit, go for Behemoth +1.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-05-29 08:34:37  
So out of those 3 the behe+1 wins? i know there are good r/e alternatives, but here i'm only talking about buyable weapons and not to expensive
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-29 08:35:54  
then yes behe+1 would be best bet
 Asura.Vespera
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-29 08:42:02  
Yeah, high base dmg, attack and HP with medium-high delay. All in all it's a great dagger but as mentioned before: situational, although balanced enough to keep using for most situations.
 Ifrit.Aightonix
サーバ: Ifrit
user: aightonix
By Ifrit.Aightonix 2009-05-29 10:37:49  
Evilswine said:
So out of those 3 the behe+1 wins? i know there are good r/e alternatives, but here i'm only talking about buyable weapons and not to expensive

by these requirements, behe+1 is ur best option, and not too high of a pricetag. ideally though (although i nvr wanted one @ first) a joytoy is excellant off-hand despite the low skill dnc has with sword. can't imagine being without it now.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-05-29 11:54:55  
Out of the 3 you listed, Behemoth+1 would be best
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-05-29 13:02:57  
Ok, thats 5 votes for behe and 0 for the other daggers lol. i think the decission is made, thanks a lot!
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-29 13:52:12  
Idk how you can say it's 5 votes for Behemoth when everyone is saying get a Joyeuse. c.c If you're actually serious about DNC, it's the best offhand weapon, and the lower skill barely effects DNC, because you'll have a ton of ACC gear anyway.

If you can't get Joyeuse, get a Kard. That's a very easy dagger to get, drops from a soloable NM that's often up, and it boosts your Waltz potency.

The only reason you wouldn't use Kard if you didn't have a Joyeuse is if you weren't going to be using any sort of waltzes. In that situation, yes, Behemoth +1 would be best.
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-05-29 14:37:26  
Joyeuse isn't actually that great at 75 for DNC offhand, particularly once you have Saber Dance. It's not necessarily terrible, but it's at best situational.

BK+1 is a good general AH option I'd say.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-29 14:42:18  
I use a pair of Behemoth Knife +1's, plan on getting a Joyeuse at some point to off hand. Tried duoing the NM for the Kard a couple times, at 70 and 72, and got pwnt both times. Went down there again at like 74 but couldn't get him to pop...I'll try again at some point.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-05-29 17:35:24  
Repeating most of what the others have said, but posting my 2 cents anyway.. DNC have low sword skill, but in my opinion the extremely common multiple attacks make Joyeuse the best off-hand weapon. If I had to choose a second dagger I would choose something fast. I would use the power weapon as main and a fast one for quicker TP gain. Kard is a fair choice. CHR bonus helps both waltz and DE a little. NM is fairly easy IF you can get it to pop. If you have utsi:ni it should be no prob for a 74 DNC if you can avoid adds. If nothing else bring a friend or a fellow. Drop rate is pretty high if I recall correctly.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-05-29 18:17:23  
Dancer can solo Charby right? I heard they could... (anyone know for certain?) I never attempted it, i killed it as my thf with a rdm buddy for my brd because my dnc was still in the 60's at the time.

I'm going to have to agree that Joy offhand is superior in quite a few situations, My TP had a dramatic increase even with low Sword skill. In terms of Offhand I've had my eye on Ermine's Tail (not necessarily for offhand mind you but in general its a very nice dagger) for quite some time however i've yet to dabble in Moblin Maze Mongers.

But. out of the 3 you selected, Behe+1
 Ifrit.Dinarii
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-29 19:01:30  
yeh 75dnc can solo chary. had to compete with one a few times to get my old man his sword
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-05-30 03:59:49  
Enternius said:
Idk how you can say it's 5 votes for Behemoth when everyone is saying get a Joyeuse.

Because i already said: out of those three listed above.

And my plan is anyway:

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
plan on getting a Joyeuse at some point to off hand

but i need something that i can use to fight charby and for everything else until i get my joytoy/kard/ermine's tail(?)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [179 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 20:54:39  
This whole offhand kard or whatever chr stat dagger for waltzes is silly.

Lowering your dps and tp is not worth it. Specifically 5chr only adds 5 hp cured on Curing waltze IV and only 3.75hp to Curing Waltze III...

And as far as saber dance goes you will still attack alot more with joy toy lol.
[+]
 Kujata.Slayerdna
user: SlayerDNA
By Kujata.Slayerdna 2009-11-24 21:02:45  
Azoth + Joytoy!

Best DNC wep combo!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-24 21:15:15  
No consideration for Cinquedea? At capped accuracy it's 1.8% slower to TP, but considering your sword accuracy is likely uncapped...
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-11-24 21:26:48  
Off topic.. but i'm kinda disappointed that the Cinquedea isn't shaped like a hand...
[+]
 Asura.Arivale
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Arivale 2009-11-24 21:36:20  
Azoth main, Ermine's off.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-24 22:18:59  
Papilio Kirpan Main, Joytoy off. :/ Anything that requires a dagger offhand's accuracy reaaaally shouldn't be melee'd by DNC. :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-24 22:32:31  
Azoth/Joyeuse isn't out-tp'ing Azoth/Cinquedea unless your hitrate with Joyeuse is >= 94%. Can DNC reliably pull that off on even merit mobs? If yes, can it be done with Rapparee Harness or do you need SH/CH/Etoile Casaque? If the answer is no to either question, I would seriously question Joyeuse's viability in comparison to dagger/dagger. I don't know too much about how DNC works at 75, so srs question and all that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 23:18:38  
Remora.Ninian said:
Papilio Kirpan Main, Joytoy off. :/ Anything that requires a dagger offhand's accuracy reaaaally shouldn't be melee'd by DNC. :/
Only if it's latent is easy to activate which I can't find any info on. If its super easy yes and my thf is gunna be pissed off since the only comparable thing I'd have besides relic is Zareehkl Jambiya which is annoying to keep active

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-26 19:50:43  
Lol gearing for chr on DE is kinda laughable. But sure that 5chr would add 2 to your base dmg. Maybe increasing your skillchain dmg by maybe 1-2% while slowing your tp gain alot. Not to mention the +attack from Bknife might do more.
First Page 2