By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2009-12-01 15:31:12  
because now we have Sleight Kukri
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-01 15:51:09  
Agles said:
also and i wish to make this very clear. not everyone in this game is able to get just any item because its the best. some of us, cant get anything unless we are able to do it alone. some dont even have hours if not days that can be just used to camp an NM for 1 drop. we dont have LSs who would be willing, let alone want to go for large NMs.

anyone who just assumes that everyone is able to get just anything because it may or may not be a great item. should be ashamed for thinking so.
Where in this thread did anyone imply any of these weapons was a must-have? None of these drop from "large NMs" that I know of anyway. I admit I made what may be the most difficult to acquire suggestion, but more as a question of how it ranks in the hierarchy of DNC offhand items. You're being sore over nothing.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 16:02:45  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
because now we have Sleight Kukri

The delay on the kukri is awesome. wow. 150. lucky dncs
 Bahamut.Weasel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2009-12-01 17:01:06  
No one's mentioning the Ogre Jambiya? My augments could be better, but my crappy one still has a better DPS than Behe+1 main hand. I still offhand Behe+1 though (too lazy to get Joyeuse, and I don't use DNC enough to justify the NM claiming drama I'd have to endure). I only offhand lolKitchenKnifeKard when I'm using Waltzes more than normal (keeping someone alive while duoing a NM, BCNM, whatever you can think of where you might heal a lot).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Shiyo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 14:51:51  
I think joytoy is really terrible for dancer. I mean D skill, cmon, are you serious? Not worth it, I'd rather have more haste/attk on my gear than having to sacrifice haste/attk for acc. D skill is terrible........
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-13 21:20:00  
That and chances are you can out tp that joy toy with cinq anyways. And that is even without saber dance
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By Ferth 2010-03-22 13:33:08  
Yeah I have to say, I just don't hit enough with joytoy to really warrant using it for most things.

As for chr on dancing edge... since dancer doesn't get the huge dexterity boost from SA that thief gets it really isn't that bad of a comparison.

In panther mask +1 compared to voyager's sallet there is a noticeable difference to my average DE damage.

Not to mention a suspicion I have that chr effects step accuracy (I land more steps in pmask+1 than in ohat.) and pmask becomes a pretty good all around piece to wear. I wouldn't really go out of my way to stack the chr on... and i certainly wouldn't use kard for it, since the 10 atk from behe+1 could easily add the same or more damage due to the increase in pdif.

Going back to the matter at hand... Most of the things I do on dnc are either solo or duo/trio, most of the time i just wear stun kukri +1 offhand. the random stuns never hurt.

One thing I always keep in mind for solo is the more i hit the mob the more tp moves they are going to use so I generally avoid low delay low damage daggers. especially since most of my tp is from reverse flourish more than from actually hitting the mob.

When I actually play dnc in merits (which is almost never) I go Azoth/behe.