Dear SE: Mythic Comment...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Ekotren
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-20 00:25:09  
Reduce the difficulty of Mythics to obtain; they are entirely too hard to obtain now adays. Even if you don't lower the 30,000 alexandrite needed, at least reduce the number of people needed to do the assaults / salvage(because this is the hardest part).

With Alexandrite at 20-25k per one, 30,000 of them costs around 600-650m to complete just ONE mythic weapon.

If you don't do either of the 2 above, at least make them drop in greater quanity, or make bosses of each zone drop 75%-100% of the time. Or make alexandrite drop from assaults and einherjar mobs as well. This would be to balance the scale back and make this an obtainable goal. With relics and emps at 100-150m, and mythics at 600m, no one wants to do these anymore.

Please upvote #397 on official SE forum if you agree!
[+]
By volkom 2012-08-20 00:32:41  
should be a dynamis whitegate. and only alexandrite and other fancy stuff drop :P

then wham! problem solved
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-20 00:42:47  
Didn't it start at a ton more alex pieces when they were first introduced? I think it was like 45k or something crazy. Either way I agree. Let me solo salvage like I can solo limbus and dynamis.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-08-20 00:44:51  
It was originally 50,000, yes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Durinrin
user: durinrin
By Bismarck.Durinrin 2012-08-20 00:45:33  
number of player required to enter nyzul or einherjar should be reduce as well, since it's really hard to find people wanting to do those events anymore.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2012-08-20 00:56:00  
Still think the 30k (yeah used to be 50k) in addition to all of the other requirements (redoing Assaults again (takes at least FIFTY days assuming no fails) the 150k tokens from NI (tho idk the rate from Neo-NI) and the 100k item from Einherjar, as well as the titles from the 'Leaders is a bit much.

I'd love to see them reduce the Alexandrite amount to 10k. You're still taking around 200-250M per Mythic, which I think would be a bit more reasonable, considering all of the other requirements to get it
[+]
 Leviathan.Zaknafien
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Angrymog
By Leviathan.Zaknafien 2012-08-20 01:04:34  
Doing tokens in normal Nyzul Isle isn't that bad, you can usually pull 6k a run without armband. My biggest obstacles right now are the alexes and einherjar points (I'm at like 10k).

Oh yeah and Gulool Ja Ja apparently must have quit FFXI because I haven't seen him in a long time. ;(
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-08-20 01:05:48  
Asura.Ekotren said: »
Reduce the difficulty of Mythics to obtain; they are entirely too hard to obtain now adays. Even if you don't lower the 30,000 alexandrite needed, at least reduce the number of people needed to do the assaults / salvage(because this is the hardest part).

With Alexandrite at 20-25k per one, 30,000 of them costs around 600-650m to complete just ONE mythic weapon.

If you don't do either of the 2 above, at least make them drop in greater quanity, or make bosses of each zone drop 75%-100% of the time. Or make alexandrite drop from assaults and einherjar mobs as well. This would be to balance the scale back and make this an obtainable goal. With relics and emps at 100-150m, and mythics at 600m, no one wants to do these anymore.

yet people still make them.

you forget that Neo-Salvage and (hopefully) assault changes are coming. with these changes we should see an ease on either tags / entry limits / and(or) a new source of alexandrite. i think with the changes coming, it won't be as absurd as it is currently to make a mythic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kyrael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kyrael
By Bahamut.Kyrael 2012-08-20 01:09:25  
I'm sure many will not agree but I like the difficulty I mean really your not even a real job without empy relic anymore. I think its nice to have a goal that is hard that still needs groups and team work. Otherwise I think u should just ask to make it solo able like everything else.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-08-20 01:16:44  
Leviathan.Zaknafien said: »
Doing tokens in normal Nyzul Isle isn't that bad, you can usually pull 6k a run without armband. My biggest obstacles right now are the alexes and einherjar points (I'm at like 10k).

Oh yeah and Gulool Ja Ja apparently must have quit FFXI because I haven't seen him in a long time. ;(

Actually made a report on SE's forums bout the fact that Gulool Ja Ja's respawn doesn't match with other Beastmen Kings. I killed Gurfurlur one night, fished up 2 sets of keys and set a mule inside throne room for Ja Ja and took no less than 12 days before he popped(no idea when he was killed previous to when I got kill), all the while Gurfurlur came back 3 days after I killed him...
By Latifah 2012-08-20 01:18:45  
Reduce the difficulty of Mythics to obtain; Make the game more easier than ever, and remove completely the few difficult content left on this game.... Mythics are entirely too hard to obtain now adays. Even if you don't lower the 30,000 alexandrite needed, at least reduce the number of people needed to do the assaults / salvage(because this is the hardest part).

Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-08-20 01:21:51  
Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
Leviathan.Zaknafien said: »

Actually made a report on SE's forums bout the fact that Gulool Ja Ja's respawn doesn't match with other Beastmen Kings. I killed Gurfurlur one night, fished up 2 sets of keys and set a mule inside throne room for Ja Ja and took no less than 12 days before he popped(no idea when he was killed previous to when I got kill), all the while Gurfurlur came back 3 days after I killed him...

It took me 23? 24? days of camping him nonstop and not missing a pop to find him.

I hate Mamook now. A month of camping him when the others spawned normally.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-20 02:17:22  
What's wrong with having ONE set of items still hard to obtain?
I think they should keep it like it is.
[+]
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-08-20 02:31:30  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

Hard to obtain is one thing. 5 to 6 times the financial investment to similarly classed weapons while simultaneously requiring by far the most rigorous set of extra requirements is a bit much though.

Starting from scratch you can technically clear all the relic related requirements in 5 days. Beyond that there's just waiting time for weapon upgrades and farming currency. Empyrean weapons have no real mandated waiting times involved. You can clear trial after trial provided you have the resources. Mythic weapons require 50 days for the easiest subset of requirements, followed by 2 extremely expensive purchases with proprietary currency, and of course that 600m~ish investment in alexandrite. Kings at least you can maybe get done somewhat casually and I can't imagine the salvage clears have slowed anyone down, but seriously, the list is crazy. For the effort you'd expect weapons 3x as powerful as relics and empyreans.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-20 02:35:07  
Valefor.Monkeynutz said: »

Hard to obtain is one thing. 5 to 6 times the financial investment to similarly classed weapons while simultaneously requiring by far the most rigorous set of extra requirements is a bit much though.

Starting from scratch you can technically clear all the relic related requirements in 5 days. Beyond that there's just waiting time for weapon upgrades and farming currency. Empyrean weapons have no real mandated waiting times involved. You can clear trial after trial provided you have the resources. Mythic weapons require 50 days for the easiest subset of requirements, followed by 2 extremely expensive purchases with proprietary currency, and of course that 600m~ish investment in alexandrite. Kings at least you can maybe get done somewhat casually and I can't imagine the salvage clears have slowed anyone down, but seriously, the list is crazy. For the effort you'd expect weapons 3x as powerful as relics and empyreans.

To be fair, some are? /shrug. I realize the requirements are crazy, and I'd like to at least be able to solo salvage to collect Alex or solo assaults (or both). But if you compare some, they literally are that much better I'd wager. The AM3 on them now alone is pretty nuts for some. I'd wager in efficiency the Ryunohige is 3x that of Gungnir or Rhongo. Though I realize that's a slightly unfair example as Ryu is considered one of, if not the best, weapon in the game. Kogarasumaru on sam comes to mind as well though.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-20 02:44:14  
I know they take way longer to obtain, but again, what's wrong with keeping ONE set of items as hard as they always have been?
Alex might be more expensive now than before, but gil is also worth way less and way easier to come across.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-20 02:47:12  
I know they take way longer to obtain, but again, what's wrong with keeping ONE set of items as hard as they always have been?
Alex might be more expensive now than before, but gil is also worth way less and way easier to come across.

The argument for that wasn't always/isn't always the amount of gil. Yes it's staggering, but even if you bought every piece of alex in every bazaar on your server you still might only come up with 15-20k pieces. It's a matter of actual, physical supply.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-08-20 03:05:48  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

The argument for that wasn't always/isn't always the amount of gil. Yes it's staggering, but even if you bought every piece of alex in every bazaar on your server you still might only come up with 15-20k pieces. It's a matter of actual, physical supply.

2nd this, once the supply increases the price will drop (not dramatically thanks to our current upscale economy)

but we are talking about the pieces that used to be 3-5k/piece for like years.
[+]
By Zackan 2012-08-20 03:06:50  

Let the reward match the challenge. Laveitenn comes to mind.. Sure its the onlly .. slightly useful... r/m/e for blm. But if it was Affinity instead of MAB that would make all the difference. Instead even if you have the 99 version and you wished to be super elite blm.. the weapon is still conditional.. For that much I work.. I want to MAIN the 99 LAEVATEINN.. no staff swaps.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-20 03:07:08  
It's hard now-a-days?
It's easier.....
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-20 03:10:26  
Mythic Summary:

Stage Zero

Nyzul Weapon: Easy

Runic Disc: Easy

Captain rank: Provided you have two people to help, easy enough; however this takes a minimum 46 days assuming you have 4 tags prior to beginning the climb and are not using them for anything else (Salvage, Neo Nyzul)

Stage One

Gulool Ja Ja, Medusa, and Gulfurfur the Menacing: Can be problematic due to Besieged and long respawn times.

Salvage Bosses: Easy

Odin: Easy, provided you have cleared it before or have a few people capable of clearing it with you.

Stage Two

Assault Journal: You have to clear all 50 Assaults again. This will once again take a minimum of 46 days to complete if you have 4 tags already saved up and are not using them for anything else (Salvage, Neo Nyzul)

Balhran's Eyepatch: Problematic unless you've already got a lot of Ampoules stored up. Due to Einherjar's wait period between possible entries, this stage can take months of clearing high tier Einherjar wings in order to achieve. Will also require a couple of people to be helping you out the whole time.

Wyrmseeker Areuhat: Problematic as it conflicts with another requirement, and besides that, 150,000 Nyzul tokens will take a significant amount of time to acquire due to the ability to only do one Assault mission per day (not including your possible involvement in Salvage or Neo Nyzul).

Alexandrite: 500,000,000 ~ 600,000,000 gil worth of hard to find blue gold. This is by far the most expensive and time consuming activity you will ever be able to do in FFXI.

Stage Three

ZNM Trophies: Easy

Battle: Easy

Upgrades

Five Kill trials: Easy, same as relics

Kill three ZNM trials: Easy

Kill three chariots trials: Easy

Three Mulcibar's Scoria: Easy, takes a couple of days only yo get three PW pops. Fight is simple provided you're in a good linkshell or can acquire good help by other means.

Estimated time of completion: 6~12 months

Relic Weapon

Stage One

Base weapon from certain Dynamis zone: Easy

Stage Two

Three one hundred ancient currency coins: Easy

Three Auction Housable items: Easy

Wait Time: Japanese Midnight

Stage Three

Twelve to sixteen one hundred ancient currency coins: Moderately easy

Three Auction Housable weapons: Easy

Wait Time: One week

Stage Four

Attestation: Easy, provided you have a person or two to help you out or have BST leveled

Sixty to sixty two one hundred ancient currency coins: Moderately easy to moderately difficult

Wait time: Three days, ten hours

Stage Five

Fragment and Necropsyche: Easy

Seventy to one hundred 100 ancient currency coins: Moderately difficult to difficult. Having a loan for your last 30 coins will cut the effort required toward this stage significantly.

Wait time: None

Upgrades

Five Kill trials: Easy, same as Mythics

Kill five Attestation NMs: Moderately easy, assuming you have a couple of people to help you out

Kill ten fragment NMs: Easy

Five Umbral Marrows: Difficult, however if you're in a good linkshell or have a dozen or so friends capable of helping you, you can pound these out relatively quickly. Can also purchase them.

Estimated time of completion: One to three months, depending on how rigorous your Dynamis schedule is and how much you're able to get on to do trials and other such pleasantries. People who don't do Dynamis often will take longer, however these weapons can be made in a very small amount of time. The longest wait is the time between Goblin forges.

Empyrean Weapon

Stage One

Kill x NM x times Magian trials: Easy, but time consuming

Stage Two

Acquire fifty items from a specific Abyssea NM: Easy, some can be done in a matter of hours while others can be done in a week or two

Stage Three

Acquire fifty items from a specific Abyssea NM: Easy, some can be done in a matter of hours while others can be done in a day or two

Stage Four

Acquire seventy five items from a specific Abyssea NM: Easy, some can be done in a matter of hours while others can be done in a day or two

Stage Five

Acquire one thousand five hundred Heavy Metal Plates: Difficult to very difficult, not all due to cost as it will cost only about one hundred million to one hundred fifty million gil to complete this stage, however availability of plates is in an ever-dwindling state as demand for Voidwatch NMs tapers off.

Stage Six

Acquire sixty Riftdross or Riftcinder: Difficult to very difficult, Riftcinder are rather expensive at the moment, Dross are much cheaper. The biggest issue here is the same as the issue regarding Heavy Metal Plates, except Dross and Cinder are even worse in terms of their lack of availability.

-----------------------------------------------------
Your reward for making a mythic: A couple of weapons that potentially outperform their relic and empyrean counterparts and a load of weapons that don't. By outperform, I mean necessitating the need to maintain level 3 Aftermath by having well above average TP gain to make storing and executing a weaponskill at 300TP every couple of minutes possible and worth doing.

You compare these lists and see if you can honestly tell me that the effort to reward ration is properly balanced, and that the excuse of "BUT IT'S THE LAST DIFFICULT THING TO DO!" is actually accurate. Most of the difficulty behind a Mythic isn't even real difficulty, it's availability of resources and time restrictions based on your ability to enter events only at certain times.

tl;dr Mythics are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, as is the "They should stay this way because they're the last hard thing to get in FFXI!" mantra.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-08-20 03:15:06  
hoyl wall of post batman.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-20 03:15:45  
I call it my wall of *** punch
[+]
 Odin.Drgg
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-08-20 03:33:01  
Hard to get =/= Time Consuming.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-08-20 03:53:24  
I suspect Alex's will drop substantially with this neo-salvage, that's just assuming it doesn't take the road of Neo-nyzul and be heavily luck based or the like.

Ejar points are what really put me off this tbh, though in my case I spend points to do Odin II with my LS twice a week, and don't ever profit points unless I request items from other members to get KI's.
 Bahamut.Itze
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-08-20 04:30:05  

Laughing my taru/cat *** off because of how simple it is to get 2 other people.
 Asura.Tarquine
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2012-08-20 04:43:56  
Bahamut.Itze said: »

Well yes, it is for some people! For an assault I can solo, I often spend more time shouting for randoms to join just so I can enter. Even then, you are restricted to people who are eligible to enter on that level of assault!

How is it balanced then, that I am forced to shout for sometimes 60+ Mins, to complete an assault I can do in 5-10 minutes alone, which I have to wait 20 hours at a time to enter anyway...
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-08-20 04:57:14  
Here's what I think would help alleviate some mythic quest issues:

Reduce all assault related party minimum size (salvage, assaults, nyzul, Ein)

Increase how often assault tags are replenished. (Do this via quest or something, post Captain rank...just let us do more since we need these for various requirements.)

Increase mobs that can drop alexandrite, don't need mass pouch increases...just let every mob in salvage have a possible drop on singles.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-08-20 05:03:45  
Asura.Tarquine said: »
Bahamut.Itze said: »

Well yes, it is for some people! For an assault I can solo, I often spend more time shouting for randoms to join just so I can enter. Even then, you are restricted to people who are eligible to enter on that level of assault!

How is it balanced then, that I am forced to shout for sometimes 60+ Mins, to complete an assault I can do in 5-10 minutes alone, which I have to wait 20 hours at a time to enter anyway...

Don't /shout for assault then......make a static with those also need captain(plenty of ppl that needs), setup a time to gather together. If you find your method inefficient, maybe try other way to do it?
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-08-20 05:06:45  
The only thing that SE should touch is the awful assault tag system, and how it is a bottleneck for so many events:

+Allow people to enter Salvage/Assault solo.
+Nyzul isle solo.
***Might be a problem due current lamp floor system, but I assume they could just make every lamp "code" and hide it on the floor for a soloist.
+regen rate with a higher store limit, so the largest factor you can be limited by is your success/failure/ambition and not time barriers.
+Never make a single thing the entry pass for 3-4 different areas of content.
+Put systems in place to procure more tags by doing other content. (IE trading imperial standing for assault tags.)

The last requirement I am currently on is some 40,000 "odd" tokens and the artificial difficulty created by the time barrier caused by linking one entry pass to multiple levels of content. It really needs to go.

That being said,

Some things should still be hard to obtain, otherwise just cut out the pretense and have everyone log in @ 99 with the gm commands to produce every item.

Playing with other people, working together and forging your place at the head or as part of a community, that augments your skill/ambition/whatever, is part of the game.

The defining point of an rpg is character progression.
If you want to solo stuff expect it to take a long time,
or be prudent and find ways to influence people to help you.

Why does the method of attaining every class of weapon in the game need be equal? The true problem lies not in the game design but with the players and the economy they are allowed to create and enforce.

If we are going to make every weapon equal why even have quests to obtain them? Just log in with every job 99 with every mythic afterglow'd in your mog safe. Throw away the ones you don't one, keep the ones you do and go on to *** and moan about how every -1 abjuration piece doesn't immediately drop from EM mobs.

Where does this stop? I hope SE takes a firm stand on something ever wary of the landslide that could be imminent.

The option to solo should(is always) be there, but please understand the trade off.
First Page 2 3 4 5