Dear SE: Mythic Comment...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-20 18:36:53  
Demule said: »
What did I just read...

Great, so you didn't read it and yet you're still going to attempt an ignorant response.

Fyi, since you didn't read the post, I didn't mention Mythics being soloable. Further, they're already just about completely duo~trioable, and would be almost completely soloable if not for the 3 man requirement to enter most ToAU events, so I'm not sure what you're even attempting to facilitate with your post. My post, however, was about efforts in relation to rewards, and how Mythics are pretty much huttbuckingly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in comparison to everything else ever.
[+]
By Demule 2012-08-23 10:58:49  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
What did I just read...

Great, so you didn't read it and yet you're still going to attempt an ignorant response.

Fyi, since you didn't read the post, I didn't mention Mythics being soloable. Further, they're already just about completely duo~trioable, and would be almost completely soloable if not for the 3 man requirement to enter most ToAU events, so I'm not sure what you're even attempting to facilitate with your post. My post, however, was about efforts in relation to rewards, and how Mythics are pretty much huttbuckingly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in comparison to everything else ever.

I was actually making a comment on two different posts.

First being yours where a mountain of text was used to say "other stuff is quick and mythics take too long". I know that it is supporting data etc... you do not need supporting facts or data, we know mythics take much longer than any other end weapon. Do not worry I am sure on the next update they will be as easy if not easier than relics, and you can have like 3-6 of them per account like normal.

Of course then people will complain it is too easy so there is no way to balance it out.

My second comment was regarding people complaining they cant solo it due the entry requirements. Again do you have no friends or people that like you enough to help? Or better, most people dual box so why not just step it up a bit and entry by yourself. I am just not sure when this game became a single player offline game where everyone didn't want to do anything with anyone else. I used to think only bst were that anti-social, oh right now everyone is bst for namis.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2012-08-23 11:04:07  
Should post on official forums, nothing is going to happen here if you QQ
By Demule 2012-08-23 11:12:13  
Ragnarok.Vitaru said: »
Should post on official forums, nothing is going to happen here if you QQ

Personally I don't care about mythics. They are a minor ungrade, while easier to upgrade through trials than anything else. The effort, even if they nerf it, is still not worth it for most of the weapons.

Mostly they are for "Hey look at me".
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-08-23 11:13:23  
nothing is going to happen there either tbh
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-23 11:56:24  
Cerberus.Harunn said: »
So why shouldn't something take long to get again?

Since when was this game all about soloing every single thing? O.o

The problem is that Mythics have so many requirements and then on top of that ask for 4 relics worth in gil for a weapon that only truly shines by holding for 300tp aftermaths that fails depending on what you're doing or beat their Relic/Empyrean counterparts only on paper or highly situational scenarios that this game rarely supports.

The DRG mythic is only talked about because the Relic/Empyrean options aren't that good and you'd think that with all the requirements SE asks for that Mythics should smoke everything by a longshot but they don't. Look at ***like the Nagi/Gastrophetes and tell me that the 600m investment is worth the effort relative to the vastly easier to obtain alternatives.

If you got a Mythic for the challenge then congrats to you but the requirements scream quest-based relic with a nice kick to the balls with Alexandrite just for the hell of it. Relics have been made easier, Empyrean weapons are doable yet Mythics still remain mythical simply for what? Prestige? Get real.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-08-23 12:03:05  
Personally I don't care about mythics. They are a minor ungrade, while easier to upgrade through trials than anything else. The effort, even if they nerf it, is still not worth it for most of the weapons.

Aymur, Ryunohige, and Kenkonken are significantly better than their alternatives. There is no legitimate alternative to Nirvana. The reason that the effort is not worth it even for these weapons is because that effort is so extreme. 4-6 months of group activities, which benefit no one who is not building a mythic weapon, and enough gil worth of Alexandrite to take both a relic AND an empy to 99 is extreme and indefensible.*

Square-Enix needs to rework the entry requirements for ToAU content at the very least, and probably increase the drop rate of Alexandrite (or lower the requirement).

*not to mention the supply of Alexandrite being so low.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-08-23 12:11:37  
Indefensible? How about, "that's they way it is - if it's too hard for you, make something else."

No alternative? Seems like there's plenty of successful SMNs around.

Yes, the process probably should be changed some. But acting like it's some kind of crime against the player base is a little dramatic.

And anyways, significantly better, and significantly tougher to obtain. What's the problem?
[+]
By Demule 2012-08-23 12:15:02  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Aymur, Ryunohige, and Kenkonken are significantly better than their alternatives. There is no legitimate alternative to Nirvana. The reason that the effort is not worth it even for these weapons is because that effort is so extreme. 4-6 months of group activities, which benefit no one who is not building a mythic weapon, and enough gil worth of Alexandrite to take both a relic AND an empy to 99 is extreme and indefensible.*

Square-Enix needs to rework the entry requirements for ToAU content at the very least, and probably increase the drop rate of Alexandrite (or lower the requirement).

Ryunohige, I can see. The rest are lolpup and lolbst. Like I said even if they nerf it, they will still not be worth the effort.

Ok lol aside lets actually get into some kind of math here. In an ideal situation, how much with the Aymur and Kenkonken actually improve the damage out put. 5%, 10%?

You also have to talk about opportunity costs. A pup with mythic or a mnk with vere, which is going to put out more damage. Also a Ukon war or a mythic bst?
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-23 12:38:45  
There is nothing hard about getting a mythic cant make something thats already easy to get even easier. Einherjar shout if you dont have enough. Nyzul isle ive gone 10 floors at a time with blu blu thf. ZNMs trio'd every path same with assaults. If you dont have friends thats your own fault SE cant magically give you two friends to play with. Salvage i duo with a friend and my whm alt.

Theres nothing hard about having to do a few easy events and waiting bit more or making some gil.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-08-23 12:45:49  

Ryunohige, I can see. The rest are lolpup and lolbst. Like I said even if they nerf it, they will still not be worth the effort.

Ok lol aside lets actually get into some kind of math here. In an ideal situation, how much with the Aymur and Kenkonken actually improve the damage out put. 5%, 10%?

You also have to talk about opportunity costs. A pup with mythic or a mnk with vere, which is going to put out more damage. Also a Ukon war or a mythic bst?

Mythic PUP will
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 12:57:38  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
There is nothing hard about getting a mythic cant make something thats already easy to get even easier. Einherjar shout if you dont have enough. Nyzul isle ive gone 10 floors at a time with blu blu thf. ZNMs trio'd every path same with assaults. If you dont have friends thats your own fault SE cant magically give you two friends to play with. Salvage i duo with a friend and my whm alt.

Theres nothing hard about having to do a few easy events and waiting bit more or making some gil.

You trollin'. Regardless, there really shouldn't be any lessening of the requirements, but some pointed action to fix the supply of Alexandrite would be a good step.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-08-23 12:57:39  

You've got some terribly misleading definitions of the words "few", "bit" and "some"...

Yes... no one part of this is hard, we got that but the time a person has to put in to ALL of it is just plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, even for the few weapons that are best in class for their jobs. If your post could be taken at face value... why are there so few mythics?
 Asura.Ekotren
サーバ: Asura
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-23 13:11:50  
Finally caught up on this thread.

Those people saying alex prices are dropping; your clearly not paying attention. it's been over 15k ever since abyssea came out, and on my server its almost 19k per; which is 550-600m per mythic. It hasn't dropped one bit except for the guy i saw shouting the other day to sell a whole total of 10 for 17k.

We don't know what neo-salvage will bring; however alex will most likely stay the same price because of the demand for it right now; no one does salvage so there isn't much alex, everyone doing a mythic is either forced to buy high or farm themselfs with 2 other kind friends. I'm hoping at the very least neo-salvage drops it alot.

They could easily offset the demand with a supply by making nyzul drop alex too(not pouches just singles is fine), or make toau kings or hnm drop pouches. Giving people an option to solo thier alex if they don't have 2 people to let them in. Or to bring more supply to the servers.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 13:18:18  
Everything you said is wrong. All of it, with the exception of "we don't know what neo-salvage will bring".
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-23 13:49:31  
There were very few when people were spamming einherjar salvage and assaults and alex were 3k a piece which was 90mil because mythics sucked. There arent many people doing salvage now because the gear isnt what it used to be and takes a few runs. Now everyone is in abyssea mode and want stuff there and then so dont bother with mythics for a "small upgrade" as some are calling it on here. Nirvana, Kenkonken, Aymur, brd dagger and probably some others are massive upgrades over whats available even the blm one is for meteor.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 13:52:04  
There were very few when people were spamming einherjar salvage and assaults and alex were 3k a piece which was 90mil because mythics sucked. There arent many people doing salvage now because the gear isnt what it used to be and takes a few runs. Now everyone is in abyssea mode and want stuff there and then so dont bother with mythics for a "small upgrade" as some are calling it on here. Nirvana, Kenkonken, Aymur, brd dagger and probably some others are massive upgrades over whats available even the blm one is for meteor.

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 14:02:33  
What did I just read...

I was actually making a comment on two different posts.

First being yours where a mountain of text was used to say "other stuff is quick and mythics take too long". I know that it is supporting data etc... you do not need supporting facts or data, we know mythics take much longer than any other end weapon. Do not worry I am sure on the next update they will be as easy if not easier than relics, and you can have like 3-6 of them per account like normal.

Of course then people will complain it is too easy so there is no way to balance it out.

My second comment was regarding people complaining they cant solo it due the entry requirements. Again do you have no friends or people that like you enough to help? Or better, most people dual box so why not just step it up a bit and entry by yourself. I am just not sure when this game became a single player offline game where everyone didn't want to do anything with anyone else. I used to think only bst were that anti-social, oh right now everyone is bst for namis.

I don't care about the "difficulty" (difference between difficult and nauseatingly, inefficiently time consuming), in fact I wouldn't mind at all if all three weapon types were made more difficult to acquire.

I.e., problem isn't the "social" aspect, or the "difficulty", it's the massive disparity in effort:reward between Mythics and Relics/Emps.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 14:15:46  
That was the entire point of Mythics. The only thing that was unintended was the rise in Alexandrite prices, which new Salvage content will hopefully correct.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-23 14:16:47  
Jinjo go find a weapon for smn brd bst pup that has those stats on them at 75% of amounts on the mythics if its a "small upgrade". I see hardly anyone doing salvage been trying to get people in my ls doing salvage and theres only 2 of us interested. ToAU events dont offer any reward for people to be interested in the short term let alone the long only if they are making mythics.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 14:21:01  
I'm not talking about mythics being astronomically better than relics and emps either, that'd be fine and would correct the issue. Thing is they're not immensely more powerful than relics and emps, and they're only ever competitive in certain situations, but they take double to triple, up to quadruple the time to make.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 14:26:21  
Okay. That was the point. That was exactly what was said when they were released.
 Cerberus.Harunn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Harun677
By Cerberus.Harunn 2012-08-23 14:27:09  

have you even seen a mythic pup fight? its awesome

Plus you would count the master and automaton damage not only 1 or the other <.<
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-23 14:27:18  
I don't know if I'm just unlucky or my TH is broken, but I find alex drop rate to be highly insufficient too. At least in comparison to the amount required for each person.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-08-23 14:27:30  
Asura.Ekotren said: »
Reduce the difficulty of Mythics to obtain; they are entirely too hard to obtain now adays. Even if you don't lower the 30,000 alexandrite needed, at least reduce the number of people needed to do the assaults / salvage(because this is the hardest part). With Alexandrite at 20-25k per one, 30,000 of them costs around 600-650m to complete just ONE mythic weapon. If you don't do either of the 2 above, at least make them drop in greater quanity, or make bosses of each zone drop 75%-100% of the time. Or make alexandrite drop from assaults and einherjar mobs as well. This would be to balance the scale back and make this an obtainable goal. With relics and emps at 100-150m, and mythics at 600m, no one wants to do these anymore. Please upvote #397 on official SE forum if you agree!
We are spoiled now man, I get what your saying but 2 years ago we were not even thinking about Mythics let alone making a relic. I like the fact there is still something that you see that is almost unreachable and your in aww when you see it. even thought most of them would be considered trophy items in my opinion.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-08-23 14:28:38  
Just Lower the 3 man requirement to salvage. Can I get 2 friends to do salvage, yes... However, do I want to split the Alex 3 ways... Hell no I don't. I would farm Alex every day if I could enter solo, but for 1/3 profit... No thanks.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-08-23 14:31:41  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Just Lower the 3 man requirement to salvage. Can I get 2 friends to do salvage, yes... However, do I want to split the Alex 3 ways... Hell no I don't. I would farm Alex every day if I could enter solo, but for 1/3 profit... No thanks.
can always get a 2nd and 3rd acct :>
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-08-23 14:32:06  
]Ryunohige, I can see. The rest are lolpup and lolbst. Like I said even if they nerf it, they will still not be worth the effort.

Maybe Square-Enix should make the game more simple? Remove all melee DD classes except warrior, monk, dark knight, and samurai. Sorry, some of us would rather play other jobs, and we want those jobs to be as effective as possible.

Aymur and Kenkonken will both drastically improve damage output in situations where the master can apply a 300% WS and dump the enmity on the pet, and then disengage. Aymur has pet attack +60, which is a huge amount. Kenkonken lets you stack maneuvers like crazy, so it's even better than Aymur... and obviously since Stringing Pummel is a good WS, you're getting 30% damage boost to it.

This is a straight troll. Can you or can you not finish both an empy AND a relic weapon, reasonably and with less people, in far less time than a mythic? Can you or can you not upgrade an empty AND a relic to 99 for the same price as a single mythic weapon? That's not balance, not even close.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 14:35:29  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Okay. That was the point. That was exactly what was said when they were released.

Regardless, that doesn't make it right. Expensive time consuming trophies don't have to be relatively worthless in a large part of scenarios.

Requirements can stay as high as they want, hell, just making Einherjar a 24hr lockout instead of 3 days would be a major asset. Abolishing the need to get Captain twice would too.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 14:38:22  
Abolishing the need to get Captain twice would too.

Doesn't fit the story.