Dammit, I came here expecting new information. :(
^
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-10-10 05:36:32  
Asura.Ina said: »
Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
I seen the entire footage I dont understand where everyone is getting a greatsword from. They said themselves the weapon would be a long sword which is like Hrotti or the low delayed almace. The actual weapon would be something only drk/war/pld can currently use. They will probabaly be added to regular swords as well. But as SE said it is not a Great sword it is a Knights/long sword type weapon.
I'm 99% sure they have confirmed their main weapon will be great sword with sword as a secondary option, same way pld has sword as it's main and GS as a secondary.

It was in one of the other threads and I don't have a link handy though.

Edit: Found it

Wow I have not read that the last original news I read was they were only planning on Longswords for the job. I have new interest in this job now.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-10 13:07:17  
JA delay.
 Phoenix.Valory
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-10 15:32:38  
DNC/RNC JA spamming Dynamis proccer extraordinaire?
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-10-10 15:35:25  
Phoenix.Valory said: »
DNC/RNC JA spamming Dynamis proccer extraordinaire?
And give up White !! or TH2?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [125 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-12 11:48:19  
It's a cruel necrobump for such a small info, but it must be done!

Seems like it's been confirmed to be RUN and not rnf or rfn.

I know it's exactly the kind of news you were looking for when you came here!
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-02-12 11:48:55  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

RUN/DNC
[+]
 Phoenix.Lilligant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lilligant 2013-02-12 11:49:42  
So my rap dreams will come true when I can finally become RUN/DNC.

Edit: Damn beaten, I guess it really is tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time.

It's tricky.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-02-12 12:04:19  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

RUN/DNC

Ahah! Awesome!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2013-02-12 12:08:49  
So we can now tell LS members to "Walk This Way"
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-02-12 12:21:24  
RUN is a terrible abbreviation, its like making Dark Knight DAR instead of DRK.
Shoulda been RNF
/tableflip'n over the little things today
[+]
By Otomis 2013-02-22 06:14:02  
Rune Fencer+Geomancer

Found a little post on it with some exciting info.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-22 06:56:48  
Thread Otomis.
By Otomis 2013-02-22 07:43:46  
Looked to see if it was posted under "JOB" thread nothing there so I posted it. "Forum » FFXI » General" Thanks though Sehachan.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2013-02-22 08:50:45  
I just hope rune fencer can use borialis
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2013-02-22 09:02:28  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Shoulda been RNF

Arguable... What if SAM had been instead abreviated as SMR? Not too sure that would've looked too nice. Or NNJ instead of NIN. You get the idea... :)
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-22 09:09:36  
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Who cares about lolBorealis when it'll likely be able to use OAT GS, and has been detailed to use en-effects?
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-02-22 09:25:01  
Ragnarok.Psyence said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Shoulda been RNF

Arguable... What if SAM had been instead abbreviated as SMR? Not too sure that would've looked too nice. Or NNJ instead of NIN. You get the idea... :)

Or BLM instead of BLU......... >,>
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-22 09:30:47  
I had a small treatise on Alla trying to break down a methodology for generating Job abbreviations based on vowels, multiple words, consonant count, 'skipping' double letters.

My conclusion: Sh*t be whack, yo!

Also, sup Bojack.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-02-22 09:37:26  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Who cares about lolBorealis when it'll likely be able to use OAT GS, and has been detailed to use en-effects?

This has been a matter of some consternation; the only confirmation is that it will NOT be able to use Caladbolg, which would imply it's off all Magian greatswords.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-22 09:42:30  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »

This has been a matter of some consternation; the only confirmation is that it will NOT be able to use Caladbolg, which would imply it's off all Magian greatswords.
Then the job will probably be dead out of the gate. I do actually expect it will be on Caladbolg (Tank job, VIT mod anyone?), but not get Resolution. Might actually be pretty good with Calad actually.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-22 09:43:48  
It's reverse. They stated no magian(cala included), but was shown to use Reso in screenshots.
By Zyla 2013-02-22 09:53:49  
so basically it's gonna be "go make a 600m weapon if you want to be badass" or deal with AH stuff lol. SE just can't let ppl be awesome right from the rip you know XD
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-22 09:58:14  
I'd like to see the Reso screenshot. I can imagine it actually being Sickle Moon and people are dumb (and SE loves to use garbage WS in screenshots). Even if it does get Reso, it's not DRK or WAR and the attack penalty is actually gonna matter.

I still hold out that they'll be put on Magian GS, because that's the only way the job is gonna have any variety at this point. If the job ends up having a special GS like PUP's attuner or whatever, that just cuts half of the 'advancement' of the job out of the picture.

For that matter, Caladbolg not being 'balanced' for a tank job is complete and utter horseshit... Because PLD is on it! Why do we not see Calad PLDs dominating the game?

GEO not being clubs is for a different reason: They might actually need a 'bell' weapon for their abilities (despite them just being clubs). This isn't the same deal though, because clubs don't have the ridiculous elemental options of staves to be as beneficial to the job. This is a plausible argument that RUN will also have a special 'rune sword' though, but I think SE would be straight out if that was the reason RUN won't be on Magians.

All-in-all, pretty easy to stand by RUN getting put on Magians and not getting Reso, just from a design perspective. The expansion was still six months out or more when they said RUN wouldn't get Empyrean weapons (said nothing of Magians in general). What were some of the silly things about BLU/PUP/COR/DNC/SCH that turned out to be false on release?
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-02-22 09:58:31  

Unless they do a split, such as exists for Magian staves, where the elemental paths are available to more jobs than the Empyrean/DA/OAX paths are.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-22 10:00:24  
Asura.Isiolia said: »

Unless they do a split, such as exists for Magian staves, where the elemental paths are available to more jobs than the Empyrean/DA/OAX paths are.
That would be a good precedent indeed...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-02-22 10:27:42  
I'd like to see the Reso screenshot. I can imagine it actually being Sickle Moon and people are dumb (and SE loves to use garbage WS in screenshots). Even if it does get Reso, it's not DRK or WAR and the attack penalty is actually gonna matter.

I still hold out that they'll be put on Magian GS, because that's the only way the job is gonna have any variety at this point. If the job ends up having a special GS like PUP's attuner or whatever, that just cuts half of the 'advancement' of the job out of the picture.

For that matter, Caladbolg not being 'balanced' for a tank job is complete and utter horseshit... Because PLD is on it! Why do we not see Calad PLDs dominating the game?

GEO not being clubs is for a different reason: They might actually need a 'bell' weapon for their abilities (despite them just being clubs). This isn't the same deal though, because clubs don't have the ridiculous elemental options of staves to be as beneficial to the job. This is a plausible argument that RUN will also have a special 'rune sword' though, but I think SE would be straight out if that was the reason RUN won't be on Magians.

All-in-all, pretty easy to stand by RUN getting put on Magians and not getting Reso, just from a design perspective. The expansion was still six months out or more when they said RUN wouldn't get Empyrean weapons (said nothing of Magians in general). What were some of the silly things about BLU/PUP/COR/DNC/SCH that turned out to be false on release?

The screenshots of the Naakuals confirms Resolution as we see not one but five screenshots of the Rune Fencer in the middle of the motions that make up Resolution. The attack penalty, the likelihood RUN gets zero native attack buffs, the possibility RUN will be off specific pieces of WAR/DRK/BST style equipment and the limited weapon options will neuter the large numbers that WARs/DRKs put up.

It is very possible they just lock down the Torcleaver paths and leave the rest for RUN to use but we'll see.

Knowing full well that GEO is supposed to be an offensive nuker, its very possible that it could appear on the magian clubs/staves but I have the strangest feeling the job will be restricted to Chatoyant Staff for its nuking abilities to avoid further pissing off RDMs and to create a gap between the pure mages.

Bells will be ranged weapons anyway.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-22 10:30:59  
*throws bells around the street*
By Kimble2013 2013-02-22 10:39:14  
I wonder if people know the group was actually called RUN DMC.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-02-22 10:53:56  
I'd like to see the Reso screenshot.

Why not...you know...look for them?

More than likely they'll get at least some Magian great swords, but it's very possible that they will be cut off of the NM-path weapons entirely, leaving the STR and maybe WS% weapons as their best options.