Ragnarok.Halflight
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: HalfLight
By Ragnarok.Halflight 2012-08-13 20:58:12  
Emergency Reraise > Emergency Stoneskin
SE hates BSTs...

---

Will SE consider a RR with no weakness recovery period for BST?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-08-13 21:06:51  
SAM got a buff!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-13 21:32:17  
Ragnarok.Halflight said: »
Emergency Reraise > Emergency Stoneskin
SE hates BSTs...

---

Will SE consider a RR with no weakness recovery period for BST?

BST has had an emergency RR for almost 2 years now, its called a twilight macro.
 Ragnarok.Halflight
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: HalfLight
By Ragnarok.Halflight 2012-08-13 21:42:25  
Thats why I suggested a RR with no weakness period?

Also does that make Stoneskin a better alternative?
I would think so only if Stoneskin absorbs 5000 - 7000 HP (the max HP of the pet).

If SE is just replacing a regular RR III for a regular SS. It makes no sense.
SE can just add the regular SS effect to the regular RR III originally proposed.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-16 17:30:34  
08-16-2012 04:34 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings!

During this week’s Test Server update we will be making the below changes and additions to the new 2-hour abilities.

New 2-hours will be added to the below jobs:

• Bard/Samurai/Blue Mage/Corsair/Scholar

*Currently there is a known issue wherein using the 2-hour abilities for bard, blue Mage, and scholar via the action command menu will result in not being able select the target properly. (In regards to blue mage, the spells for Unbridled Learning are grayed out and cannot be selected.)
We apologize for this, but please use the above job’s abilities and blue magic with either command line execution or macros.

Effect adjustments:

• Paladin
    Addition of an enmity increase effect equivalent to Invincible
    (We understand the feedback about the enmity cap, but we would like to look into and address this separately from the 2-hour abilities.)

• Beastmaster
    Reraise effect will be changed to a Stoneskin effect
    (The strength of the Stoneskin effect will differ depending on the type of jug pet called, and will be half of the pet’s max HP.)

While this week’s update will only encompass the above changes, we are continuing to look into other jobs as well, so there is a possibility for further changes and adjustments.
Subscribe
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-16 17:36:02  
Meh.
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2012-08-16 17:42:51  
ok bst. were revising your 2 hour... you get fisted with a iron gantlet instead of a steel one
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-22 14:53:09  
08-22-2012 02:24 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hey everyone,

The new 2-hours were developed based on the idea that they would share the existing 2-hour ability's recast timer and players would be selecting which ability to use based on the situation. Instead of these being a higher-tier or universal abilities that can be used for any situation, they are abilities that are designed to be used for specialized conditions.

Below are the envisioned applications of some abilities as well as planned adjustments.

• Warrior
    While Mighty Strikes offers a lot of physical damage through critical hits for a period of time, the idea was to add a way to attack enemies that have strong resistances to physical damage.

Based on testing and feedback, we are planning to make adjustments to extend the effect duration to 60 seconds. (Planning to make this change during this week’s Test Server update.)

• Paladin
    The new 2-hour ability can be used for cases where just turtling up with Invincible and letting an enemy wail on you will not turn the tides of the fight, since you can enhance your defenses while reducing an enemy’s HP with the reflected damage.

*As mentioned previously in the post about adding an enmity boost effect to this ability, we understand the problems with the enmity cap. We plan on considering this for paladin in general and not limiting it only to the new 2-hour ability effect.

• Bard
    In addition to INT and MND, we will also be adding CHR to the stats that are lowered.

• Samurai
    Meikyo Shisui excels in instantaneous power. On the other hand, the new 2-hour ability is for cases where an enemy's AoE damage is too strong and getting close is dangerous. It will allow you to evade special attacks while dealing damage.

*Magical attacks will not be evaded, but will be made so that the damage received is 0. This will not have any effect on breath attacks, though.

With this ability we are aiming to make it possible to have a stable way of fighting by increasing defensive capabilities and diverting your time in battle towards enhancing offense capabilities.

• Dancer
    Trance is an ability that allows the player to take advantage of Waltzes and Steps, while the new 2-hour ability makes it possible to utilize Flourishes to the maximum. The advantage of this ability is that it makes it possible to always use the maximum effect for Building Flourish, Reverse Flourish, Climatic Flourish, etc., as you are granted 5 finishing moves.

There have been requests asking for the recast times for Flourishes to be reduced or removed. The reason we did not do this is as you can expect, due to consideration for Reverse Flourish.

While it's not our intention to allow for weapon skills to be used continuously without limitations, it would be nice to be able to utilize Flourish II and Flourish III continuously, so we will be changing the effects as outlined below to allow for instantaneous damage.

• Reduce effect duration from 60 seconds to 30 seconds
    • In addition to the Flourish recast timer being reset, it will be possible to use Flourish continuously up to a total of 3 times.
    • The effect will wear off when either 30 seconds elapses or Flourish is used 3 times.

During this week's Test Server update, we will be adding white mage's 2-hour ability as well the warrior adjustment listed above and fixing related bugs.

We are planning to address the bard and dancer adjustments in the following Test Server update.

Amongst the feedback we have been receiving, there have been a lot of comments about changing the effects, reducing the 2-hour recast time, removing the shared recast timer aspect, and other ideas for largely changing the concept. It may take a bit of time to discuss and look into all of these, but we are planning to spend time on this without rushing implementation so that these are abilities that everyone is satisfied with.
Subscribe
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-22 14:54:35  
Specialized conditions? Try never.

Quote:
*As mentioned previously in the post about adding an enmity boost effect to this ability, we understand the problems with the enmity cap. We plan on considering this for paladin in general and not limiting it only to the new 2-hour ability effect.

wait what
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-22 14:57:27  
They're giving it the same enmity as Invincible. As for the second part, I think it's an overly hopeful mistranslation.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-22 15:05:34  
First bit I knew about, it's the second bit that intrigues me. Kinda pissed that they aren't fixing the most useless 2hr of them all though.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-22 15:07:24  
I'm willing to bet "Specialized conditions" is just content they have planned in the future.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-22 15:13:47  
They said in the Matsui thread that they plan to rework enmity problems with Adoulin release.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-22 15:16:49  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I'm willing to bet "Specialized conditions" is just content they have planned in the future.

all of the "conditions" that these abilities are seemingly aimed at already exist... there's just already alternative, superior means to deal with them or no real need to deal with them to begin with.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-22 15:24:31  
idk, for some reason I imagine when we're in Adoulin that we're going to be inflicted with at least some type of status ailment the majority of time in battles.

I was thinking only WHM tho, I tend to do that <.<;
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-08-22 16:09:45  
They said at the bottom they are possibly looking into changing the effects of some of the 2-hours completely so BLU 2-hour isn't necessarily damned yet. I hope they do something about the RNG 2-hour too, unless it does add a true shot boost? I haven't tested it myself.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-22 16:14:10  
Wait, did I just read that correctly, in that the new sam 2h is a personalized perfect def (essentially) while giving it boosts to WS dmg while it's active?
 Carbuncle.Eggbert
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Eggbert 2012-08-22 16:19:11  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
08-22-2012 02:24 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Bard
In addition to INT and MND, we will also be adding CHR to the stats that are lowered.

Subscribe

[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-22 16:34:08  
Quote:
Samurai
Meikyo Shisui excels in instantaneous power. On the other hand, the new 2-hour ability is for cases where an enemy's AoE damage is too strong and getting close is dangerous. It will allow you to evade special attacks while dealing damage.

*Magical attacks will not be evaded, but will be made so that the damage received is 0. This will not have any effect on breath attacks, though.

With this ability we are aiming to make it possible to have a stable way of fighting by increasing defensive capabilities and diverting your time in battle towards enhancing offense capabilities.
They should design monsters that you don't have to be invincible vs in order to even engage/be in melee range. Sounds to me like they ENJOY us PD/embrava zerging everything, and want to keep designing monsters that have 1/near 1 shot unavoidable AOE moves, so fun for mages !
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-08-22 16:42:36  
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Quote:
Samurai

They should design monsters that you don't have to be invincible vs in order to even engage/be in melee range. Sounds to me like they ENJOY us PD/embrava zerging everything, and want to keep designing monsters that have 1/near 1 shot unavoidable AOE moves, so fun for mages !

Well, it seems to me that, especially since post 75 and the fact that you can get near unlimited mp, if the monster can't one shot aoe, then you could kill it blindfolded. There's practically no way to have a middle ground anymore with this massive refresh/temps stuff and retardedly easy minimum 40% haste on every DD.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-22 16:49:42  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Quote:
Samurai

Well, it seems to me that, especially since post 75 and the fact that you can get near unlimited mp, if the monster can't one shot aoe, then you could kill it blindfolded. There's practically no way to have a middle ground anymore with this massive refresh/temps stuff and retardedly easy minimum 40% haste on every DD.

They just need to use floor hazards and other environmental hazards, instead of TP moves. Stand on this floor? Get 1 shot in ~3 seconds, avoidable if you play properly. Problem fixed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-22 17:01:33  
FFXI's movement and skill system doesn't support environmental hazards
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-22 17:24:22  
Well they did it for diabolos, kind of lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-08-22 17:26:51  
There needs to be something added to spice fights up, really sick of zergs over and over. I always hated them from the start, especially on an epic mob like Bahamut who dies in 10 seconds?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pruviant
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pruviant
By Cerberus.Pruviant 2012-08-22 17:36:39  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Specialized conditions? Try never.

Quote:

wait what

PLD comeback? Maybe increasing PLD's enmity cap? nawwwwwww
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-22 17:45:17  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
FFXI's movement and skill system doesn't support environmental hazards
Ok, then another idea please! Anything that isn't embrava/PD zerging. I just want something fun/interactive.
By Enuyasha 2012-08-22 17:54:29  
I honestly wish with everything they do they would explain in detail why they implemented this,or gimped that, or "fixed"this. It would lower the amount of bitching if players knew where developers explained themselves and gave a reason why this had to be done. As for people that just *** because they've been playing the same game for 10 years or they just want to *** for bitchings sake....theres no helping that.

as for the BRD "special ability"...im sure they should just get on with it and say it lowers all stats...but that might be to "overpowered"...but different director different vision.

and edit: BST's two hour is perfectly fine...you could even possibly get more than the spell stoneskin gives based on your pets stats. Reraise wouldn't help a BST because you still will get killed again when you get back up.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-22 17:55:25  
Non-shitty auras/directional auras/improved Gyre system would work. Enviornments like the Shrouded Maw battlefield would only work in specific ways in this game.

Something serious needs to be done about PD/Embrava though. Even if they do balance fights to work without them, players will inevitably gravitate toward the fastest/most effective option, and it will almost always be that. Fortunately, at least, they seem to be capable of designing fights that aren't PD zergable, evidence by the Arch Odin fight.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 29 30 31