A Scholar's Education (Guide)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 99 100 101
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-24 14:58:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I don't suppose anyone has a complete list of which debuffs immunobreak and which don't?
maybe?
Slow, Paralyze, Silence, Addle, Blind, Gravity, Bind, Poison, Break, Sleep.
unsure but probably repose lullaby and elegy too.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-24 15:44:09  
Nope. Only applies to enfeebling magic, spells that fall under the Enfeebling Skill.
I think at least? Regardless of that it doesn't work for songs.

Spells for which Immunobreak don't work that I can think of are Impact, Frazzle, Addle, Inundation. The latter always lands 100% I think.
Frazzle and Addle receive an innate ~100 macc bonus (or so SE said?) to compensate for the fact they can't immunobreak.

I dunno, did they really have to do that? I wonder. I guess adding spells to the immunobreak mechanic must be so boring that the devs didn't want to bother back then lol?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-24 16:12:42  
Immunobreaks work by lowering a mob's specific enfeeble resistance rank. To add immunobreaks to the likes of Frazzle it'd mean they'd have to add an additional, completely new status resistance rank to every mob in the game. That's not a trivial task with their much smaller team by then, so I can understand them taking this shortcut.

The complete list of enfeebles that can immunobreak are: Slow, Break, Poison, Silence, Gravity, Paralyze, Bind, Sleep, and Blind.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-24 16:20:11  
So Addle can't immunobreak? I was about to bet on Addle's immunobreak chance, but think again Sechs, think again!
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-24 16:32:45  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Are you sure Addle can't immunobreak? I thought it was considered the same as Slow for resistance purposes.

Addle can't immunobreak. Addle, Distract, Frazzle, and Dispel are the primary examples Enfeebling Magic that can't immunobreak.

No initial-damage-dealing spell such as Dia, Bio, or Impact can immunobreak. Basically nothing that has an enfeeble as an additional effect.

Not aware of any spell that RDM doesn't get natively that can immunobreak, actually. Don't think Repose or BRD songs or DRK absorbs can (none of which are Enfeebling Magic anyway).

So I suppose a "complete list" of immunobreak-able spells would be something like: Bind, Sleep, Break, Silence, Gravity, Paralyze, Slow, Blind, Poison.

Did I miss any? Only spell I'm not certain of off-hand is Stun, but I doubt it can since it's Dark Magic.
 Asura.Matthious
user: Matthias
By Asura.Matthious 2022-08-27 19:35:04  
Anyone seeing any issue with the new hands +2? Trying everything but it's almost like the extra 60% Perpetuance isn't kicking in.

Regen V W/O Perpetuance: 5:11
Regen V W/Perpetuance, +2 Hands Locked = 10:23

Yesterday prior to upgrade were much higher than today's. Curious what others are maxing out at now.
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-27 20:08:58  
Asura.Matthious said: »
Anyone seeing any issue with the new hands +2? Trying everything but it's almost like the extra 60% Perpetuance isn't kicking in.

Regen V W/O Perpetuance: 5:11
Regen V W/Perpetuance, +2 Hands Locked = 10:23

Yesterday prior to upgrade were much higher than today's. Curious what others are maxing out at now.

Are you judging by the Timers plugin? It wasn't updated correctly to account for Arbatel Bracers +2.
 Asura.Matthious
user: Matthias
By Asura.Matthious 2022-08-27 20:58:38  
Thanks Disc, I thought it was weird and that was the issue. Actual is clocking in closer to 13:30
By Slowforever 2022-08-30 10:26:03  
hello, wanted to know what stats to go with for a helix MB cap? Int or magic dmg etc
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-08-30 11:12:06  
Slowforever said: »
hello, wanted to know what stats to go with for a helix MB cap? Int or magic dmg etc
ItemSet 356832
This is what I have been using Agwu/Bunzi@r25
By SimonSes 2022-08-30 11:14:45  
Asura.Toralin said: »
ItemSet 356832

You updated the earring and you haven't updated feet to the most broken nuking item in the game? :)
By Vaerix 2022-08-30 11:15:41  
SimonSes said: »
ItemSet 356832

You updated the earring and you haven't updated feet to the most broken nuking item in the game? :)

Was just about to ask where's the glory klimaform feets!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-08-30 11:59:55  
Vaerix said: »
ItemSet 356832

Was just about to ask where's the glory klimaform feets!
Haven't upgraded the feet yet!
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-30 12:49:38  
Speaking of the feet, I've been having a lot of fun duoing V1VD on SCH. Post-upgrade, without outside buffs, I'm doing over 10k helixes without MBing (nearly 30k MBing with Ebullience), and nearly damage cap Ebullience MB nukes.

Who needs BLM anymore?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2022-08-30 14:52:27  
Ugh... I didn't notice until I realized helix spells not using sacro cord but hachi obi instead all this time, getting frustrated in how to make it use INT waist and not the ele obi.
Any ideas?
 Bismarck.Yvan
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2022-08-30 15:29:13  
line 425

think this might work:

Code
     if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
        if spellMap == "Helix" then
         equip ({waist="sacro cord"})
        else
         equip ({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
        end
    end
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2022-08-30 15:38:10  
Bismarck.Yvan said: »
line 425

think this might work:

Code
     if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
        if spellMap == "Helix" then
         equip ({waist="sacro cord"})
        else
         equip ({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
        end
    end
Thanks alot man! It works now!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-10-03 05:01:42  
Hello fellow scholar !

i'm using this guide to update my sch : https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Scholar_Guide

I'm wondering why using AF+3 legs in enfeebling over empy+2 legs?
By SimonSes 2022-10-03 05:24:50  
Asura.Myasasa said: »
Hello fellow scholar !

i'm using this guide to update my sch : https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Scholar_Guide

It assumes you have Light Arts on probably, because then it's 64macc and 24 enfeebling skill. If you don't, then Empy is better.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-10-03 05:56:42  
Hello fellow scholar !

It assumes you have Light Arts on probably, because then it's 64macc and 24 enfeebling skill. If you don't, then Empy is better.

Even with the set bonus AF+3 is 88 macc total and EMPY+2 is 107 with light arts up and white magic enfeebles.

EMPY is better for pure macc but I would assume AF+3 saving grace is that it has more MND, for now, for the MND potency enfeebles.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-03 07:42:22  
Also the need to have the right arts up, while very powerful potentially, can also be very annoying.

We'll see how things go with Empy+3 but personally (emphasis on personally) I'd like something that is the best (or close enough to that) in *every circumstance* and that also gets another additional bonus if you happen to be in the "right" arts.

Either way don't forget Chironic. With good augs the improvement to Immunocast (for the debuffs that can benefit from that, of course) is quite intense and I'd dare to say more often than not worth the macc loss.
Which you can reduce to an acceptable gap if you manage to get good augs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-03 08:09:18  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Hello fellow scholar !

Even with the set bonus AF+3 is 88 macc total and EMPY+2 is 107 with light arts up and white magic enfeebles.

EMPY is better for pure macc but I would assume AF+3 saving grace is that it has more MND, for now, for the MND potency enfeebles.

Oh yeah I completely overlooked Grimoire:

I guess it's just not updated then, like many guides. Whole guide is missing +2 feet in nuking sets, without even a note that it's completely broken piece under right weather ("quite strong" in their description is the most underrated comment I have seen), which is like almost always for SCH. Same for elemental WSs. It's arguably the most impactful single piece of gear out of all empy+2 for all jobs if not out of all items in game.
[+]
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-10-03 14:01:29  
thanks for the reply :)
i have a decent chironic with 39 macc augment and 14 int, but the only time i was actualy looking to immunobreak was in odin master trial..
I prefere to max my macc/enfee skill and toogle chironic hose when trying to immunobreak only.
[+]
By Mrcricket 2022-10-03 15:21:29  
It's arguably the most impactful single piece of gear out of all empy+2 for all jobs if not out of all items in game.

Purely out of boredomcuriosity, how would you stack them up with the DNC head and BST body? I know its kind of apples to oranges, but I'm wondering if the loafers are on a level above even those
By SimonSes 2022-10-03 16:15:38  
Mrcricket said: »
It's arguably the most impactful single piece of gear out of all empy+2 for all jobs if not out of all items in game.

Purely out of boredomcuriosity, how would you stack them up with the DNC head and BST body? I know its kind of apples to oranges, but I'm wondering if the loafers are on a level above even those

Slightly above both. DNC head is stronger for physical Climactic WS, but only for Climactic WS, which are overall smaller portion of all your WSs. Loafers works for most magic WS and all nukes (you might sometimes nuke and WS at the same time and only use weather for one, but that's rare). Now against BST body it's very close. BST body is not only offensive piece, but also defensive and probably even has higher ceiling, but for optimal use case, you want Killer Instinct on top of base killer effects and also is way harder to exploit against undead, dragons, demons and arcana. It's also indirectly nerf against NMs. Those are top 3 empy+2 pieces indeed though.
By Vaerix 2022-10-03 19:16:15  
Mrcricket said: »

Slightly above both. DNC head is stronger for physical Climactic WS, but only for Climactic WS, which are overall smaller portion of all your WSs. Loafers works for most magic WS and all nukes (you might sometimes nuke and WS at the same time and only use weather for one, but that's rare). Now against BST body it's very close. BST body is not only offensive piece, but also defensive and probably even has higher ceiling, but for optimal use case, you want Killer Instinct on top of base killer effects and also is way harder to exploit against undead, dragons, demons and arcana. It's also indirectly nerf against NMs. Those are top 3 empy+2 pieces indeed though.

No honorable mention for the tankiest boots in game? 177 effective meva and 10% DT?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-03 20:38:23  
I'm sure someone will get along to updating the Community Guide. I would but I'm busy with IRL stuff.
By Mavrickx 2022-10-14 15:41:43  
I've got a couple of questions about SCH, Immanence and the nuke wall. I've searched but keep finding conflicting info.

1. Will a non-MB'd nuke still trigger the nuke wall?

2. Can enfeebles trigger the nuke wall resist?

3. If I use Immanence+spell, will it trigger the nuke wall?
- IE, if I solo SC on a sch using Immanencex2, do I have to wait ~5 seconds for my MBs to do full damage?

- Thank You.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-10-14 16:05:32  
Mavrickx said: »
I've got a couple of questions about SCH, Immanence and the nuke wall. I've searched but keep finding conflicting info.

1. Will a non-MB'd nuke still trigger the nuke wall?

2. Can enfeebles trigger the nuke wall resist?

3. If I use Immanence+spell, will it trigger the nuke wall?
- IE, if I solo SC on a sch using Immanencex2, do I have to wait ~5 seconds for my MBs to do full damage?

- Thank You.

1. Non-MB spells should trigger it. Its just less common to see, since a lot of nukes aren't going off in rapid succession.

2. no idea

3. Immanence+spell shouldn't trigger it, since its changing to skillchain damage, and SC dmg doesn't trigger the nuke wall.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 99 100 101