A Scholar's Education (Guide)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 09:53:00  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Good info, I dont use the head and opt for duration most times but +7, bleh, I thought it was +15 per tic all these years
Well, the options we have for Body/Legs/Slot is 3/tic vs 10% duration, and imho it's not worth it in those slots.

Then 10/tic vs 15 seconds on the Back slot (forgot if those 15 seconds are before or after perpetuance, but I think it's before).
It's a situational but worth choice imho.

Last we have 7/tic vs 10% duration on the head slot.
This is a bit on the edge, but imho it's worth it if you set up a trigger to swap between duration and potency.
It's gonna get even better once Empy+3 is out.

Edit:
I forgot Weapon swap for non-musa users.
Bolelabunga+Ammurapi vs Gada+Ammurapi / Oranyan / Coeus.
Again a worth swap in conjunction with the ones mentioned above.
By Antisense 2020-01-14 13:07:22  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Thanks for the reference.
So the game floors the % results, then adds 1?
Uh... sounds strange. Is this the only in game situation where this happens?

Are we sure it's not a result of the same "issue" affecting the Haste % not actually being /100 but /1024 values?
I thought none of what is actually displayed as % for us players was actually really considered as % by the game engine, but /1024 values or similar.

Well if you look at the Savant Bonnet +2 (10%) + Bolelabunga (10%) result (would be 20% total) how do you get from 5 to 6 (5*1.20 = 6) then round up to 7 with anything /1024?

They could've just done regen % bonus as 1 + [base regen]x[multiplier]
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 16:43:21  
Yeah that's true, supposing the values reported on BG are correct.
I don't own a Savant's Bonnet +2 anymore so I can't test it myself.
Assuming those numbers observed to be exact it seems to be that each item boosting regen's % potency is actually 1 + floor(baseregen * 1.percentagebonus)

I think this means, excluding Tabula Rasa, the absolute max we can get from Regen 5 is: 106 hp/tic

1+(40*1.15)+10+25+24
Base value, Arbatel+1 bonus, JSE cape, Musa, Light arts.

For Bolelabunga in place of Musa it would be: 86
1+1+(40*1.25)+10+24
Base value, Arbatel+1 and Bolelabunga, JSE cape, Light Arts

Allright, feels like there's some updated to be done on BG-Wiki!
I'll try to do that later.

Edit:
Forgot to add +12 to the values above for Telchine Body/Hands/Legs/Feet, but I still believe it's very stupid to sacrifice all that huge duration (especially the hands slot) for just +3 HP regen in each slot.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-15 01:29:19  
Edited the following pages with additional info

1) Arbatel Bonnet - added info on the Regen % bonus and BG references
2) Arbatel Bonnet +1 - as above
3) Bolelabunga - as above
4) Bookworm's Cape - added info on how the potential Regen augment works

If you see mistakes or feel like something else should be changed or added please let us know.
By DianC 2020-01-15 04:05:53  
Why has no one mentioned relic +3 body? it's 12% duration and thus beats everything else out in that slot.

Best balanced regen potency/duration setup imo is

Musa / Bolelabunga + Ammurapi
Arbatel head +1
Relic body +3
Arbatel hands +1 (for perpetuance, Telchine with 10% duration otherwise, but you're hardly ever using regen without perp)
Bookworm cape 10% potency
Embla sash
Telchine legs 10% duration
Telchine feet 10% duration
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-15 05:03:27  
DianC said: »
Why has no one mentioned relic +3 body? it's 12% duration and thus beats everything else out in that slot.
Because Augmented Enhancing Duration and Non Augmented Enhancing Duration are separate terms that multiple each other. So 10(augged) vs 12(non augged) doesn't always win it depends on how much you have of one vs the other.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-15 05:18:09  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Because Augmented Enhancing Duration and Non Augmented Enhancing Duration are separate terms that multiple each other. So 10(augged) vs 12(non augged) doesn't always win it depends on how much you have of one vs the other.
I would rather say it's more a matter of Telchine body having 10% (augment from dusk slot) plus Regen duration +12 (static increase, base stat of default Telchine body).
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-15 05:19:58  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
I would rather say it's more a matter of Telchine body having 10% (augment from dusk slot) plus Regen duration +12 (static increase, base stat of default Telchine body).
That's also a solid point in this case.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-15 05:20:05  
Why has no one mentioned relic +3 body?
I just answered you in the previous post.

Quote:
Bookworm cape 10% potency
It's HP+1~10 regardless of Regen tier, it's not 10%

Concerning your build: personally I prefer the freedom of being able to choose between duration and potency, which I find even more relevant for people without Musa.
But hey, to each his own.
The build you posted is good (minus the body slot), if you like having a single regen set I see no issue in that in the end.
By DianC 2020-01-15 20:05:35  
Inventory space ftw. But I see your points, actually overlooked the +12 static duration on telchine
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-17 15:58:37  
SimonSes said: »
Same SCH, who DUOed VD ambu with Kaggra, now soloed it.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Is it possible to discuss the set needed to do this? Possibly i'm using the wrong helix/day? Im only getting numbers of like 4500ish when i tried solo scholar.

Video shows a sch/nin hitting 6597 on his initial helix. Daybreak/maxentius.
By tyalangan 2020-01-17 21:34:06  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Is it possible to discuss the set needed to do this? Possibly i'm using the wrong helix/day? Im only getting numbers of like 4500ish when i tried solo scholar.

I watched it the day he posted so it’s hard to recall but I believe he shows his gear sets in the video. Helix set and MB set, I believe.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-17 21:59:57  
tyalangan said: »

I watched it the day he posted so it’s hard to recall but I believe he shows his gear sets in the video. Helix set and MB set, I believe.

Yea we are very similar geared, and I can't get anywhere near his numbers.
 Asura.Zekie
By Asura.Zekie 2020-01-17 22:26:28  
I tried to do this as well. most of time I only able to hit 5k-5.2k. (this is still doable cuz it still killed Cactuas if its 5k or more). on darksday, im able to hit 6k-6.5k. I brought my friends as cor for Wizard/warlock rolls and Geo for Entrust Acumen. I hit between 5.5k-6k. I do not know how he can hit 6.5k with so little buffs. Its a bit frustrating. lol
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-01-17 23:44:52  
Asura.Zekie said: »
I tried to do this as well. most of time I only able to hit 5k-5.2k. (this is still doable cuz it still killed Cactuas if its 5k or more). on darksday, im able to hit 6k-6.5k. I brought my friends as cor for Wizard/warlock rolls and Geo for Entrust Acumen. I hit between 5.5k-6k. I do not know how he can hit 6.5k with so little buffs. Its a bit frustrating. lol

Seems he's wearing Orpheus and he timed the spell perfectly -- it hits right as the cactuar buzzes past him.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2020-01-18 01:48:42  

1-Go to Mog House.
2-Merit 5/5 Enlightenment, 5/5 Stormsurge, 5/5 Helix Magic Acc./Atk.
3-Eat your food, cast your shadows, Aquaveil, Stoneskin and call Excenmille (S)+ Star Sibyl.
4-Use [Enlightenment + Pedagogy Gown +3]+ Ebullience before you cast your Helix.
5-Engage and wait on Excenmille (S) to use "Stag's Call" which is AoE boost to MAB Haste and Attack.
6-Cast your Helix when Cactus is close to you.
7-Go to corner and die in peace.
By SimonSes 2020-01-18 04:41:57  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
cast your shadows

Probably not shadows. You are suppose to die before boss summons adds.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2020-01-18 04:51:30  
Sure, but you have to cast helix at least before you die ;)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-18 08:10:11  
Has anyone replicated this with 6 toons? Like 5 ninjas and a sch? kabooom lol
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-18 08:11:09  

Which helix are you using?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-18 08:20:30  
tyalangan said: »

I'm looking at his gearsets again. I think I may have overlooked what spell he's using? I see Pixie Hairpin+1 and Archon Ring.

Note: I don't see his augments on Amalric. But I have +254INT in the same set that he only has +211 (no buffs at all)
 Asura.Zekie
By Asura.Zekie 2020-01-18 08:37:21  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »

1-Go to Mog House.
2-Merit 5/5 Enlightenment, 5/5 Stormsurge, 5/5 Helix Magic Acc./Atk.
3-Eat your food, cast your shadows, Aquaveil, Stoneskin and call Excenmille (S)+ Star Sibyl.
4-Use [Enlightenment + Pedagogy Gown +3]+ Ebullience before you cast your Helix.
5-Engage and wait on Excenmille (S) to use "Stag's Call" which is AoE boost to MAB Haste and Attack.
6-Cast your Helix when Cactus is close to you.
7-Go to corner and die in peace.

I did all of that, but #6, I may need to cast helix on him when hes close at a perfect time. >.<

Which helix are you using?

Noctohelix II
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-18 11:58:39  
Ya even in my best attempt i'm only hitting 5500
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-18 14:30:54  
Use alacrity too, gonna make casting almost instant.
By HyperKTM 2020-02-04 09:54:01  
Can someone clarify the uses for sch mythic and sch empy staff I'm going to be making both but I'm trying to decide which one to do first. I'd like to do the one that has the most utility first.
By tyalangan 2020-02-04 10:41:38  
HyperKTM said: »
Can someone clarify the uses for sch mythic and sch empy staff I'm going to be making both but I'm trying to decide which one to do first. I'd like to do the one that has the most utility first.

Tupsimati: Looks like you would nuke in it if you wanted to minimize hate to maybe MB solo with Trusts? Could make Darkness with a Relic BLM/SCH. With R15 and Aftermath it looks like it could be a better MAC piece than with Daybreak and Ammurappi but it would be very very niche and a lot more trouble than just using the club.

Hvergelmir: Looks like a Fast Cast only piece if you don't need staff TP for Myrkr. Which is funny because this staff would boost Myrkr potency but it has no MAC/MAB that you would be nuking in so you wouldn't be wearing it when you needed Myrkr. Myrkr can't skillchain so you wouldn't TP in it if you had Tupsimati for Staff TPing. Fast Cast only unless someone is more creative than me.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-04 10:43:23  
empy staff, once it has FC+50 makes it easy to build a recast set. like for say stun,
ItemSet 332147
or death.
ItemSet 363546

As for the mythic, it has excellent mAcc making it great for ensuring your stun lands, though it lacks MAB to make it all that good for much else, sadly with the Su5 path C. you can have nearly as much mAcc and tack on 10FC allowing you to remove FC elsewhere and stack more mAcc instead. Thus reducing sch mythic to basically a lockstyle piece.
ItemSet 332148

As for other uses for either. I haven't come up with any good ones.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-04 10:55:08  
You're both forgetting their main use.
Ffxiah achievement points and lockstyle!

(alright alright, sorry lol)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 99 100 101