Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-23 21:51:39  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Sylph.Washburn said: »
Well. Fencing uses 1 handed swords and agility. If this one uses great swords, i don't think they could call it a fencer or any form of the term.
Closest thing to fencing in FFXI is probably modern-day DNC, amusingly enough. The weapon choice is sorta off since you'd only use a short sword/dagger offhand (DNC's swords are fittingly all rapiers, just low skill), but otherwise it's sort-of close.
So the Dancers using Joyeuse are Fencers? :P
75 cap DNC wru ; ;
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-06-23 21:54:16  
RDM was the original Fencer. Artifact weapon: Fencing Degen. Even their armor and FFXI lore suggest fencing. Particularly Elvaan sword stances, was a fencing stance.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-06-23 21:55:37  
-Rune Knight(Fencer. Whatever.) will be a tank job, like PLD and NIN. Its main focus will be elemental defense.
-By using their abilities, they gain the power of a rune. There are two types of Runes, Elemental Runes and Enchant runes.
-Elemental Runes will increase the ability powers and give auto-attacks an En- effect
-Enchant runes are divided into Attack and Defense runes. Attack will deal big elemental damage and Defense runes will increase elemental defense and do various things.

Copy/Paste from here.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-23 21:56:18  
Sylph.Washburn said: »
Well. Fencing uses 1 handed swords and agility. If this one uses great swords, i don't think they could call it a fencer or any form of the term.

And alot of parrying too usually , maybe they will up the proc rate, especially if its supposed to be a tank job too.
 Bahamut.Thetone
user: TheTone
By Bahamut.Thetone 2012-06-23 21:58:15  
Wait.... there was a job called Red Mage in FFXI?

Sad they went with fencer over knight (for those of us that played the old FF games) which makes me lean towards the use of 1handed swords. The pics look to be huge weapons though.

I can't really complain, this is just something to keep the game going and anything new is welcome.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 21:59:08  
Now I want to know if they're putting Rune Fencer on Almace. :D
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 22:00:05  
Degens/Rapiers are the sexiest swords anyway, I wouldn't be sore if those are what Rune Fencer uses as long as they add some good ones.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-06-23 22:01:22  
Bahamut.Thetone said: »

Sad they went with fencer over knight (for those of us that played the old FF games) which makes me lean towards the use of 1handed swords. The pics look to be huge weapons though.

I can't really complain, this is just something to keep the game going and anything new is welcome.

I honestly think that Fencer was mistranslated. Knight seems more likely. In which case,

Final Fantasy Tactics Rune Knight was the ***.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-23 22:01:35  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Degens/Rapiers are the sexiest swords anyway, I wouldn't be sore if those are what Rune Fencer uses as long as they add some good ones.
Hell yeah gonna level sync to 75 like a boss.
By Dragkon 2012-06-23 22:02:37  
I am leaning towards Caladbolg...Only by the picture and how similar it sounds to...once again...Fighter/Gladiator
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 22:03:43  
Dragkon said: »
I am leaning towards Caladbolg...Only by the picture and how similar it sounds to...once again...Fighter/Gladiator
Yeah, those sound
totally
similar to being a magic-based tank class.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-06-23 22:04:19  
Dragkon said: »

Kinda hoping it's a GS job...
[+]
 Bahamut.Thetone
user: TheTone
By Bahamut.Thetone 2012-06-23 22:04:37  
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

I honestly think that Fencer was mistranslated. Knight seems more likely. In which case,

If that's the case, I'm going to have to try it out. Just as I was debating on quitting ffxi....
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-23 22:06:05  

If that's the case, I'm going to have to try it out. Just as I was debating on quitting ffxi....
You make it sound like it'll be out tomorrow. The expansion is at least 9 months away, if not a full year.
[+]
By Dragkon 2012-06-23 22:07:10  
well...Yea they both had mage like/ele ja/ws like ice blade and such... Its not a cut and paste but the similarities are there
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-06-23 22:07:30  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »

You make it sound like it'll be out tomorrow. The expansion is at least 9 months away, if not a full year.

People can't plan 9months ahead? >_> Wonder what people do when trying to have kids then. Wait for the week before its due? <.<

/jackass off
/shutdown
/goodbye
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 22:09:02  
More like 9+ months of anticipation to play the new jobs. ; ;
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-23 22:09:13  
Right, because children have the same priority as the expansion for a video game.

Though I see your point. Withdrawn.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-23 22:10:36  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »

People can't plan 9months ahead? >_> Wonder what people do when trying to have kids then. Wait for the week before its due? <.<

/jackass off
/shutdown
/goodbye
wtf is there to plan? Level sub jobs everyone probably already has at 49+ anyways?
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-06-23 22:10:41  
If they get the greatsword, they had better get Spinechiller, or atleast give it to drk. That is one bad *** looking weapon skill, and heavily damaging as well.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 22:11:58  
Wonder if it'll have special offhand "rune" items. I don't see it using a shield at all as that would be pretty self-defeating.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 22:13:38  
Wonder if it'll have special offhand "rune" items. I don't see it using a shield at all as that would be pretty self-defeating.
Rune orbs that make your offhand glow!~ :o
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-23 22:14:13  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
RDM was the original Fencer. Artifact weapon: Fencing Degen. Even their armor and FFXI lore suggest fencing. Particularly Elvaan sword stances, was a fencing stance.
RDM was the original "fencer", but it was not an accurate conveyance of fencing by any means even ignoring magic. No Dual Wield capabilities and low parry skill? DNC says "*** please."
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-06-23 22:14:36  
SE is adding RDM Tier3 Merits?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-06-23 22:15:49  
Rune orbs that make your offhand glow!~ :o

[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 22:16:08  
Ooh that brings some new questions to mind. If they don't implement a job-specific offhand, how would dual-wield function with the En-spell type JAs? :o
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-23 22:17:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
RDM was the original "fencer", but it was not an accurate conveyance of fencing by any means even ignoring magic. No Dual Wield capabilities and low parry skill? DNC says "*** please."
Speaking of parry, I'm really hoping it gets something that allows it to parry things effectively. Something like NIN's ability except much lower recast. It could be the whole reason they went with "fencer" instead of the more obvious knight.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 22:18:01  
Ooh that brings some new questions to mind. If they don't implement a job-specific offhand, how would dual-wield function with the En-spell type JAs? :o

Would only allow it to work with offhanded knives/short blades!

Most traditional/competitive fencing doesn't utilize an offhand weapon though.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-06-23 22:25:38  
Would only allow it to work with offhanded knives/short blades! Most traditional/competitive fencing doesn't utilize an offhand weapon though.

Most "traditional/competitive" sports aren't really anywhere near the original arts anymore to begin with. Fencing is now a sport, and has lost it's original forms, and much of it's history.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14