First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-21 13:10:38  
^^ Hello everyone,

I just want to give a note to all of my duties as a moderator atm.

I read and watch forums just in case it goes a direction opposite from the topic. If I find the thread to go off topic for a long period, I will just post a keep on track comment. But I consider it as a warning, so for me if I have to post 3 times to stay on track I will lock it. Threads that turn into flames, just get moved to flame core. Player warnings tend to go unmain unless it turns to a flame.

If you make a thread and need it deleted or locked, you can ask me or an admin.

If you feel a post may be inappropriate or offensive, let one of us know and we will handle the post. :)

What I can do:

Edit/delete/move/lock/sticky/unmain threads and I can edit/delete posts.

What I cannot do:

Ban.

Note:

I just want everyone to have fun on the forums, welcome newcomers, and everyone enjoy coming on here to ffxiah.com.

I am not here to get rid of anyone, stop anyone from posting, or put any rules on ppl.

Instead I would like everyone to use common courtesy towards others and not make the forum go down into a downward spiral. I know alot love to post here, find information, and seek advice.

I don't want ppl to feel discouraged that they cannot post because of someone else's actions from posts or threads.

Do not see me as some bad chick out on the forum to make things my way because that is not my intent at all.

We all like to have fun and I am not against fun.

Images are a privilege the admins give you, otherwise they can just take it all away. There is nothing wrong with posting an image but please be sure its not inappropriate and offensive.
We have many different age groups here and all I believe we should be doing is giving respect to all ages.

I am a friendly person, some have got to know me, and others can get to know me. I don't mind talking to people :)

You can find me on here, game, instant messenger, and email.

I'm an understanding person and I'm here if ya need me.

I hope you all can understand and enjoy the forums.

^^

Thanks everyone :)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-21 13:13:55  
/dozes off quietly
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 13:14:46  
Well, as for threads derailing, sometimes the derail serves a greater purpose then the original thread, IMHO.

But anyways, good luck lol
 Asura.Hatheron
サーバ: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-21 13:15:58  
Thank you Alyria. ;)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-21 13:15:58  
for example...

User submitted image
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-21 13:17:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

You're doing a great job hun. Keep it up~
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-21 13:20:03  
You need a more enforcing avatar. Something that says "I'm a mean, green, thread lockin' machine."
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 13:21:14  
Haseyo said:
You need a more enforcing avatar. Something that says "I'm a mean, green, thread lockin' machine."

Like this:

User submitted image
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-21 13:22:00  
LoL I don't wanna look like this > User submitted image
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 13:22:34  
Alyria said:
LoL I don't wanna look like this > User submitted image

LMFAO

That's HAWT
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-21 13:27:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Rowland said:
Alyria said:

Do not see me as some bad chick out on the forum to make things my way because that is not my intent at all.

So many mixed messages!

Alyria: Fixed for you lol

Win, this post has it
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-21 13:28:53  
With all due respect, locking a thread just because it's off topic is a bad idea. Threads can go off topic after the initial question is answered and we may have more to gain because it might lead to more productive discussion. Even if it doesn't, this is a social forum. As long as it doesn't turn nasty I see no real reason to not let a thread run its course.

Good to have a new mod on the forums, I know the admins are busy people.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-21 13:33:13  
Well I haven't locked any that went way overboard. As long as they dont destroy a topic that maybe someone wants an answer for and then it gets derailed into some off the wall thing when it couldve been an interesting thread, it would make no sense to keep it open if the topic never gets discussed.

I won't lock it right away, I'll ask the OP what they would like to do with the thread. At least that way it was also the OP's decision to lock or delete thread.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-21 13:33:27  
If I make a topic about Blue Mage gear, I expect to talk about Blue Mage gear, not the reasons why Bush sucked or underaged asian girls. Well...

*ahem* Anyway!
We have Flame Core/Off-topic for such nonsense. :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-21 13:35:52  
It's definitely a different matter if the thread is derailed immediately, but as much as I love BLU there's only so long that I can discuss gear for it :x
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-21 13:39:22  
Nightfyre said:
It's definitely a different matter if the thread is derailed immediately, but as much as I love BLU there's only so long that I can discuss gear for it :x

I agree, which seems to be a problem on these forums: People don't like a topic dying, lol, especially when nonsense is going on in it.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-21 13:43:06  
Rowland said:
Alyria said:
Well I haven't locked any that went way overboard. As long as they dont destroy a topic that maybe someone wants an answer for and then it gets derailed into some off the wall thing when it couldve been an interesting thread, it would make no sense to keep it open if the topic never gets discussed.

I won't lock it right away, I'll ask the OP what they would like to do with the thread. At least that way it was also the OP's decision to lock or delete thread.

We have a few open topic threads going on right now anyway. FFXIAH Linkshell and possibly What Grinds Your Gears

I leave those threads to keep entertainment up. Ffxiah Linkshell seems just like a general talking thread like if you were in a linkshell. As long as it doesnt go overboard, I'll let it stay.

For Grind your Gears, it was recently in flame core for a reason but I moved it back, the admin gave the ok but as long as you dont abuse the thread to have the reason locked or moved again, its staying til then.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-21 13:54:17  
When a topic is meant to go off topic how do you keep it from going off topic?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 13:59:27  
Ludoggy said:

By keep it on topic, which in that case would be by going off topic.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-21 14:02:43  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ludoggy said:

But then we get a "warning"
 Fairy.Filielle
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-21 14:05:38  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ludoggy said:

That's synchronized repeating method in rediculous *psychological* jargon. Seriously folks, if you cannot READ & understand the key points of message & opinion expressed in short & simple facts & non-critiquing attitude of Pro-Elitism that died fast in a little over a year period, to Binge-Retarding. Simply breathe in relaxingly & go to something more productive & interesting besides the usual legal system bashing of the 1990s again without all the Beavis & Butthead.

& Alyria (Aliar of heaven's term for being born with a fallible male genetalia); No offense, but Gothic Beauty magazines died out fast & barely at Hot Topics in Southern California. Even Dir En Grey is Elvis compared to your Charlie & The Chocolate shop-molesting Johnny Depp of plumbing out nuts from a giant candy corn hole. Even that imagery is more interesting

ce la vi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 14:07:10  
Ludoggy said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ludoggy said:

But then we get a "warning"

But there should be no warning, if a thread is meant to go off topic, then actually keeping it on topic would be going "off topic".

Right?

I'm confusing myself...
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-21 14:09:24  
Only gets a warning if it is way off on the OP's topic and has not returned back to the OP's topic of discussion.

For example if you see grind your gears, someone will put what grinds their gears and then others comment on it, but it goes back to something else that grinds their gears.

It's like a cycle.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-21 14:09:32  
I think this thread needs a warning, Filielle is here and me and #2 are talking about a paradox.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-21 14:21:46  
Alyria said:
Only gets a warning if it is way off on the OP's topic and has not returned back to the OP's topic of discussion.

For example if you see grind your gears, someone will put what grinds their gears and then others comment on it, but it goes back to something else that grinds their gears.

It's like a cycle.

That's easily explained with Metatronics to The Flower of Life perceptions in the url I gave. The thing is, it talks about Hitler & most people I even bring up about the subjects of Rudolf Steiner & Edgar Cacey's time upon personally, go all about the Hitler & the poo on the face.

I don't even really comprehend why a 10th grade English teacher, shutting me down for my report on my personal whims of who to choose from basing a free write essay being subjected about Rudolf Steiner, who suffered severe dementia it so seems of his time to the 1960s in his elder age; Grant me a Fail still & to remedial that grade 2 1/2 years since the semester of Los Angeles Unified School District's, "4/20 Mexican Ditch Day" for 15 more letters than needed & 2 misspellings on report; To packing & smoking weed & hearing how the Native Americans are Mexican. (Not even considering themselves as, 'Spaniards' or to recall the methods of Visigothic horse riders that dress like Mexico's modern day Mariachis with foreign weapons founded in Waterloo);

I received a C- minus as a person that wrote a paragraph got a solid B about what them hanging out with their mom & hearing out her opinions; & Spanish tongue to Latin expression in California.

Even when I gave the key paragraphs & it was for extra-credit, though the B would've pulled me to a D for the year.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-21 14:24:24  
Filielle said:
Alyria said:

It's like a cycle.

That's easily explained with Metatronics to The Flower of Life perceptions in the url I gave. The thing is, it talks about Hitler & most people I even bring up about the subjects of Rudolf Steiner & Edgar Cacey's time upon personally, go all about the Hitler & the poo on the face.

I don't even really comprehend why a 10th grade English teacher shutting me down for my report on my personal whims of who to choose from being Rudolf Steiner, who suffered severe dementia it so seems of his time to the 1960s in his elder age; Grant me a Fail still & to remedial that grade 2 1/2 years since the semester of Los Angeles Unified School District's, "4/20 Mexican Ditch Day" for 15 more letters than needed & 2 misspellings on report; To packing & smoking weed & hearing how the Native Americans are Mexican. (Not even considering themselves as, 'Spaniards' or to recall the methods of Visigothic horse riders that dress like Mexico's modern day Mariachis with foreign weapons founded in Waterloo);

I received a C- minus as a person that wrote a paragraph got a solid B about what them hanging out with their mom & hearing out her opinions; & Spanish tongue to Latin expression in California.

User submitted image
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-21 14:25:33  
Kungfuhustle said:
Filielle said:
Alyria said:

It's like a cycle.

I don't even really comprehend why a 10th grade English teacher shutting me down for my report on my personal whims of who to choose from being Rudolf Steiner, who suffered severe dementia it so seems of his time to the 1960s in his elder age; Grant me a Fail still & to remedial that grade 2 1/2 years since the semester of Los Angeles Unified School District's, "4/20 Mexican Ditch Day" for 15 more letters than needed & 2 misspellings on report; To packing & smoking weed & hearing how the Native Americans are Mexican. (Not even considering themselves as, 'Spaniards' or to recall the methods of Visigothic horse riders that dress like Mexico's modern day Mariachis with foreign weapons founded in Waterloo);

User submitted image

My cousin had his babys. As well as my other cousin having my ex-fiance's baby.
First Page 2