言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD 99 gear and atmacites
PLD 99 gear and atmacites
First Page 2
By amadis 2012-06-18 19:33:39  
I was having a look at some of the new gear around and thinking about possible new PLD sets. I came up with this for TP:

Would this be viable? you would loose alot of the defensive stats from creed gear and 17 enimity during gaining TP, would the extra offensive stats make up for it it terms of gaining hate?
This is what i use currently:

I did think about possibly swapping between the 2 sets for when mob is faceing/not faceing me.

All my gear sets are mostly based on 90 gear atm any advice on updateing them with 99 gear would be apreciated:

MDT/MDB

Only way i can think about improveing this of the top of my head is the MDB head from Fjalar & Ogier's feet (wich would mean +1 inventory as i use relic feet for Sentinel) I am going to work on Dark rings soon btw

Enimity

I am waiting for a Testudo Mantle+1 to appear in the AH and will buy 2 Pluto's Pearls when i have finished my Aegis

CDC

My CDC set is lacking atm. I have Hecatomb +1 hands (dont want to use them over avant+1 until i can get them augmented) and im currently 0/1 on legs and 0/3 on feet ; ; also I have not finished WotG yet to get myself TP bonus moonshade.

I am currently about 50% through my Aegis and i would be interested to see what people use for Aegis MDT/MDB if Aegis owners wouldent mind shareing there sets.

Atmacites
I have been thinking about useing the following 3 Atmacite
Atmacite of Deluges (currently at lvl 10)
Enmity+15 VIT+15 "Store TP"+15 "Double Attack"+3%
Atmacite of the Solipsist
All attributes +5 Enmity+30 Enhances "Resist Charm" effect +25 Enhances "Resist Amnesia" effect +25
Atmacite of Provenance
Damage taken -10% Occasionally negates MP cost Auto-Reraise Sphere: Reraise
Would +45 enimity full time make a massive difference in gaining hate or am i better off useing more DD based atmacites?

Thanks in advance for the help
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 19:40:52  
If you're forced into being PLD for VW, just strap on whatever suitable DD atmacites you have around. Defensive or enmity-focused atmacites aren't going to make traditional tanking any less of a lost cause.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 21:41:33  
Asura.Josiahfk said: »
would be interesting to see what pld can solo now with 5/5 void clusters though, if they can tackle things like akvan/pil or higher

maybe for once those defensive atmacite could turn the tide

I've very little doubt that PLD can solo most anything with 5/5. It honestly probably wouldn't be challenging or rewarding enough to justify the expense.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-18 21:55:37  
500k for 0.5% chance at a drop! Once a week! Aw yeah!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-06-18 22:00:50  
you don't really have to worry about an enmity set at all anymore, it's just not worth the inventory space. invest in a VIT set for rampart. TPing in mekira meikogai is nice for the extra tp when you get hit, but i don't know if it outdoes your top tp set or not, guess it depends on the fight. for your CDC set, try to get some shadow sabatons as they augment to get both crit hit rate and crit hit damage. for an aegis mdt set i use the below. if you want some more gear sets PM me and i'll make up some for you:

also with 4/5 (was all the test server would allow me to pop with) i got gaunab to 36% before i timed out
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 22:05:21  
Validating what you driving at: don't TP in Mekira
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-06-18 22:07:22  
I DON'T HAVE A PORTHOS YET, I'M SORRY
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-18 22:14:56  
those sets look really light on acc for anything mildly challenging.. would something like this not be better?

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-18 22:47:59  
If he's planning on being a serious PLD, offering him advise on others sets world be useful, being as the lastest content makes PLD relevant.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 22:50:54  
Not really, no.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-18 22:52:20  
k
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 22:55:09  
Odin is better left to DD, Omega is better left to DD, Ultima is better left to DD.

How is any of pertinent to PLD?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-18 22:57:52  
Well, we haven't PDzerged Odin v2 since we wont need to, but seeing as he likes to use full dispel often, could really hurt the zerg and maybe dry out a few PD before he dies. He has alot of HP
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-18 23:00:09  
Quite a good bit of defense aswell.
By Enuyasha 2012-06-18 23:01:24  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Odin is better left to DD, Omega is better left to DD, Ultima is better left to DD.

Only thing i can think of is coin farm...if they drop any :| or if thats "relevant".

Dont see lots of DT- set or curecheat sets....are we just assuming PLD doesnt need them to tank anything and going for the ole "PLD as a gimp WAR" outlook?
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 23:02:50  
Zerg or no zerg(the former sounds like a terrible idea, truth be told), a DD is still preferable.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 23:03:51  
Enuyasha said: »

Only thing i can think of is coin farm...if they drop any :| or if thats "relevant".

Dont see lots of DT- set or curecheat sets....are we just assuming PLD doesnt need them to tank anything and going for the ole "PLD as a gimp WAR" outlook?

Cure-cheats haven't been a good idea, well, ever, but we've caught on to that only relatively recently.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-18 23:04:34  

as far as I can tell the laedererer armor is entirely worthless for all 3 jobs
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-18 23:05:29  
Not done either Omega or Ultima yet, but don't plan to PD them most likely. Have no knowledge on what ultima can do yet, but Omega switches stances as per usual, would probably suck if he changed to PDT stance w/ PD up. Though I guess you can time PD, or something. Bg wiki says it has 100k HP.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 23:07:12  
He doesn't change stances again. You initially have a physical resistant form, and then you see it through in it's magically resistant form.

And as I said, zerg tactics aren't what make DD vastly preferable tanks for any of these things.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 23:09:34  
Asura.Fondue said: »

The substantial HP bonuses aside, consolidating inventory is always beneficial.
By Enuyasha 2012-06-18 23:11:34  
Asura.Fondue said: »

The substantial HP bonuses aside, consolidating inventory is always beneficial.
Besides the Slow+4% from the set laerdr has the highest DT- combination out there. Not to mention HP+ and VIT+ for curecheats if your like me and still use them for odd reasons :<
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-18 23:12:30  
your saying a DD can tank Odin v2 without PD? am I reading that right? gonna disagree if that's the case.

Uses the ability Zantetsuken Kai repeatedly through out the fight, was putting an Ochain in red consistantly. Standard melee hits are painful aswell, granted I was on RNG, but I took a 600 dmg swing non-crit.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 23:15:43  
Ochain PLD is a pretty irrelevant reference. Anything that's "putting an Ochain in red constantly" is obviously using something that does not stand to be at all mitigated by Ochain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-18 23:20:36  
maybe the Ochain was getting unlucky with shield-blocks on it? idk where the blockrate would be on this Odin v2, certainly isn't 100% though.

Anyway post a video of you doing it with no PLD, atleast no PLD for Odin himself and I'll watch for my own amusement.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 23:25:28  
That's statistically absurd. Ochain's block-rate is nearly capped against even extremely high level targets. If Ochain wasn't helping it was because Ochain isn't capable of helping.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-18 23:28:28  
have you done odin v2 yet? serious question
First Page 2