users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-02-23 08:59:03  
MBDII is just more MBD and as far as I know does nothing for skillchain dmg.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-26 03:01:47  
Need some double checking on these sets just incase I forgot anything.
I'm the one that updates Rapid and Snap on the wiki too so I can't go by that because I might of forgot some piece there too.

Any kind of upgrades to these sets save SoA ring or HQ Oshosi gear?
The one thing I am still up in the air about is if I should use 3% Snapshot Belt because I bet just like Haste we need an extra 2/3 to actually cap. I may switch back to it at some point. If I get HQ Oshosi Body I wouldn't swap at at all.
SS = Snapshot
RS= Rapidshot
Code
sets.precast.Preshot = { --SS Gifts: 10 Gear: 60 Flurry: 0 Total: 70 // RS Base: 30 Gear:29 Total: 59
          head={ name="Taeon Chapeau", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Snapshot"+5','"Snapshot"+5',}}, --10 0
          body="Oshosi Vest", --12 0
          hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}}, --8 11
          legs="Adhemar Kecks +1", --10 13
          feet="Meg. Jam. +2", --10 0
          waist="Yemaya Belt", --0 5
          back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'"Snapshot"+10',}}, --10 0
     }

sets.precast.Preshot15 = { --SS Gifts: 10 Gear: 48 Flurry: 15 Total: 73 // RS Base: 30 Gear:49 Total: 79
          head={ name="Taeon Chapeau", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Snapshot"+5','"Snapshot"+5',}}, --10 0
          body="Laksamana's Frac +3", --0 20
          hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}}, --8 11
          legs="Adhemar Kecks +1", --10 13
          feet="Meg. Jam. +2", --10 0
          waist="Yemaya Belt", --0 5
          back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'"Snapshot"+10',}}, --10 0
     }

sets.precast.Preshot30 = { --SS T: 71 // RS T: 98
              head="Chass. Tricorne +1",
              body="Laksa. Frac +3",
              hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
              legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1", augments={'AGI+12','"Rapid Shot"+13','Enmity-6',}},
              feet={ name="Pursuer's Gaiters", augments={'Rng.Acc.+10','"Rapid Shot"+10','"Recycle"+15',}},
              waist="Impulse Belt",
              back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'"Snapshot"+10',}},
          }
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-02-26 06:19:05  
Looking good. Have you thought about putting in pursuers pants for 19 rapid shot? (flurry 2 set only)

sets.precast.RA.Flurry2 = {
head="Chass. Tricorne +1",
body="Laksa. Frac +3",
hands="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1",
legs="Pursuer's Pants",
feet=gear.taeon_snap_feet,
waist="Impulse Belt",
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
back=gear.snapshot_jse_back,
}
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-26 11:14:16  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Looking good. Have you thought about putting in pursuers pants for 19 rapid shot? (flurry 2 set only)

sets.precast.RA.Flurry2 = {
head="Chass. Tricorne +1", --0 14
body="Laksa. Frac +3", --0 20
hands="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1",--8 11
legs="Pursuer's Pants",--0 19
feet=gear.taeon_snap_feet,--10 0
waist="Impulse Belt",--3 0
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
back=gear.snapshot_jse_back,--10 0
}

Aha see I had forgotten about Pursuer's Legs having 9 on them to start with! I just added the whole set to the rapidshot page on the wiki now too.

Hmm have to think about this one
Yours: SS: 71 RS: 94
Mine: SS: 70 RS:97 updated with the gear from below.

Can't think of any other swaps to allow them to be used other then how you have it either.

Thinking about it some more I could also write a rule for when I'm using a Kustawi NQ or HQ in one of my slots to use Impulse Belt so I hit 73% SS and 99 RS
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-02-26 11:55:10  
AFAIK, this is the top Flurry II set at the moment:

ItemSet 356859

SS: 71, RS: 98
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-26 13:22:33  
thx and of course the pur gaiters are the only piece I don't have sitting on a mule time to farm
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-02-26 14:53:35  
Whats the rapid shot value on +1 kecks?
By fillerbunny9 2018-02-26 14:57:51  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Whats the rapid shot value on +1 kecks?

13, according to BGWiki on the Nolan page.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-02-26 16:56:58  
Interesting.. So yes +1 kecks and pursuer feet are more rapid.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-26 17:43:32  
Yup, went and got those Feet and finished writing my Flurry I vs II addon so no more manual toggling yay
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-02-26 18:15:10  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
AFAIK, this is the top Flurry II set at the moment:

ItemSet 356859

SS: 71, RS: 98

Technically, can squeeze out a little more Rapid Shot with Haverton Ring - NQ or +1 will allow you to ditch Impulse Belt and use Yemaya instead for 5 more Rapid while still maintaining capped Snap.

People hate when I bring up Haverton for RNG, because purely considering RNG, Weatherspoon is prob the better choice b/c of Trueflight. Much more reasonable prospect for a serious COR though (or for use on COR and RNG) - best Racc ring, best and only Snapshot ring, and COR is more likely to occasionally run into situations where the DW is worth using than any other 1h job. And not sacrificing another choice, since none of the other Adoulin rings does as much for a COR. YMMV based on your other job needs though.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-26 18:19:38  
We realllllllly need to petition for a second ring. (even a NQ after you obtain your first HQ)

Too many choices.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-26 18:51:07  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Technically, can squeeze out a little more Rapid Shot with Haverton Ring - NQ or +1 will allow you to ditch Impulse Belt and use Yemaya instead for 5 more Rapid while still maintaining capped Snap.
It might of been because I said no SoA ring in my post... Also it would be 1 more Rapid Shot since RS caps at 99 and that set is already hitting 98. Though it would be getting some extra Snapshot which I'd be happy about since I don't think we hit true 70% till 72-73% but the gains even for my COR are just to small to lock into that ring sadly,
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-02-26 21:49:53  
And not sacrificing another choice, since none of the other Adoulin rings does as much for a COR.

Considering how much more often CORs are likely to be in a melee situation than ranged these days, Karieyh is probably the better choice since Savage.

Not that I have a choice anyway, stuck on Team Weatherspoon.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-27 00:43:17  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
And not sacrificing another choice, since none of the other Adoulin rings does as much for a COR.

Considering how much more often CORs are likely to be in a melee situation than ranged these days, Karieyh is probably the better choice since Savage.

Not that I have a choice anyway, stuck on Team Weatherspoon.

I do ranged pretty often (ambuscade, T4 etc) and even then I still changed ring from haverton +1 to Karieyh +1, no regrets and never look back.

1) Snapshot can be capped without haverton, and extra rapid shot is often not very noticeable if it's already very high. Diminishing effects, etc.

2) Racc is meh when I TP in lowest racc set 95% of time, and only ever swap to highest racc set if I die and lose buffs.

3) DW is alright since it's the best ring to swap for DW, better than suppa. but at capped magic haste the DPS increase is less than karietyh +1 for melee COR.

Unless I lose every source of magic haste I wouldn't need that DW from ring slot to cap.

4) Regain idle can be useful to get a nice headstart.

Ever since my savage blade reached 50% WSD my melee DPS has been pretty competitive against real REMA DDs. The difference is utterly noticeable v.s back when I was sitting at 36% WSD. Someone in my LS even has 56% WSD, pretty crazy.

Having 35% WSD or 55%+ WSD in savage set is really the keey difference between mediocre melee COR v.s good melee COR, IMO.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-27 01:22:15  
Afania said: »
Having 35% WSD or 55%+ WSD in savage set is really the keey difference between mediocre melee COR v.s good melee COR, IMO.
umm wow is all I can say >.>

edit: nvm its not a bunch of dm augs. i c now
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-27 01:37:06  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
umm wow is all I can say >.>

edit: nvm its not a bunch of dm augs. i c now

Without DM augs you would be at 53% I think, so close!
By Afania 2018-02-27 02:11:20  
Also decided to share some experience while we are on the topic of shooting....

Enmity-:
After doing a bunch of ambu VD this month I changed my merit to enmity-5, crit-hit +5%. This may be the best merit configuration for DD COR and make more noticeable DPS difference than I used to think.

When we just started, I Last stand in full DPS gears and 0 enmity- merit, I always pull hate at 10%ish even if tank is experienced. Everytime when I pull hate and have to run the NM back to the bubble, the other guy would WS a hell lot more than me on parse by the time its dead.

Basically, pulling hate hinders DPS so much and difference is much bigger than gears.

Ever since I change to enmity- merit and LS in Lilitu headpiece (seriously a good last stand head with high STR, WSD+3% and enmity-5) I stopped pulling hate off good tanks. If I pt with lesser geared tank, I also swap ring to cacoethic and earring to Enervating.

ItemSet 356963

Lak legs is last piece that I would swap, since leg slot has WSD. Swapping every single piece listed above has less than 5% ws avg difference, swapping everything except legs lose 3% ws avg. It's really not a bad sacrifice compare with pulling hate and running back to bubble or slow down DPSing.

Basically, I love enmity- 5 merit so much that I am considering just full time it. I don't find enmity critical hit rate- THAT useful since most of the dangerous moves are TP moves, not regular attack, which can be absorbed by shadows anyways.

Thoughts? :)

Random Deal:
What's everyone's opinion on using /WAR JA for shooting? Is it worth it to use warcry at all?

It seems that COR DPS completely tied to having triple shot up. It's either really really strong with triple shot up(often beating RNG by pretty large margin), or really really bad without triple shot.

I tend to crooked card(for initial rolls) > triple shot > random deal > berserk for shooting. That way there are only 2 JA are on recast whenever I use random deal, for bigger TS reset chance. Based on my limited knowledge on how random deal works, I'm just guessing: Berserk is still worth it because attack boost for 3 min is too hard to pass. But what about warcry? I avoid using it at all cost because I certainly don't want to jeopardize the chance to reset my TS, and 30 sec attack buff is just too short.

Should I avoid using berserk if my WC isn't up? Or should I only avoid using berserk if bolster frailty is up?

Any advice? :)
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-02-27 12:13:28  
Basically, I love enmity- 5 merit so much that I am considering just full time it. I don't find enmity critical hit rate- THAT useful since most of the dangerous moves are TP moves, not regular attack, which can be absorbed by shadows anyways.

If I wasn't so lazy to change merits when changing jobs, I'd totally follow suit. I just know I'd forget to change it back when switching to tank job... XD

I tend to crooked card(for initial rolls) > triple shot > random deal > berserk for shooting.

That's the ideal progression, I think.

In practice it's a bit harder to pull off. Gotta be pretty lucky with the dice to finish rolls w/o having used either Snake Eye or Fold, too.

If trying to maintain TS, Warcry def not worth it. Maybe Berserk not worth it too, if you have enough att buffs to begin with.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-03-01 01:53:09  
How's DP's AM3? Would you ever want to shoot with death penalty? Main reason I'm asking is because I have 50k beads and a mythic read to go. I'm wondering if DP will hold me over for shooting until I can farm 50k beads again, Or if should invest both of my ready to go REMAs into COR.
By geigei 2018-03-01 02:13:32  
Fomalhaut is a beast, dp just dyna farm piece.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-03-01 06:02:32  
You will get significantly more use out of Fomalhaut than you will on DP.
By Afania 2018-03-01 06:20:39  
Asura.Arico said: »
How's DP's AM3? Would you ever want to shoot with death penalty? Main reason I'm asking is because I have 50k beads and a mythic read to go. I'm wondering if DP will hold me over for shooting until I can farm 50k beads again, Or if should invest both of my ready to go REMAs into COR.

Unless you are shooting and spamming leaden salute, my opinion is that it's weaker than armageddon and Fomalhaut.

You can shoot in it if you have nothing else that's better, sure. It's not the end of the world to DPS in stuff that's not BiS. In the end of day your gear sets and playstyle still matters more than 1 slot of gear.

I can't answer if you should do Fomalhaut this round or next round, since I don't know your preferred jobs, and preferred content. Maybe you'd get more out of another aeonic and your LS never use ranged strat.

However I do think Fomalhaut is one of the few aeonic that's very hard to be replaced. I'd rank it as good as lionheart and better than Doji/chango/anguta etc.
By fillerbunny9 2018-03-01 20:31:45  
I have both Armageddon and Fomalhaut, and I tend to swap between them a bit more on COR depending on what I am fighting, as it tends to be safer for me to pew pew pew than get in the fray. the thing that you have to consider, even if your weapon of choice isn't Fomalhaut, is that it IS your Ammo dispensary of choice as it craps out the best bullets; if you're serious about shooting a gun, there's really no reason not to get it.
[+]
By Lariae 2018-03-01 21:26:33  
FYI I think fomalhaut leaden salute at 1000 tp is equivalent or Superior to DP leaden assuming you're using living bullet. So I think the answer really is get both.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-03-01 21:49:28  
I tested a while back with DP and Fomalhaut. Same gear and buffs, DP outperforms Fomalhaut at 1k and the difference only grows at higher TP values. DP is king for Leaden, without a doubt.

Having said that, Fomalhaut does basically everything you want for COR and it does it all very well. Best physical damage bullet in the game, wonderful TP bonus for Leaden and Last Stand, and giving Last Stand the Light property is enormous for chaining possibilities and overall damage.

DP does one thing exceedingly well. Fomalhaut does multiple things very well. Both excellent weapons, and as much as I adore my stickcannon, I'd suggest Fomalhaut as a first choice.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-01 22:06:58  
Lariae said: »
FYI I think fomalhaut leaden salute at 1000 tp is equivalent or Superior to DP leaden assuming you're using living bullet. So I think the answer really is get both.

I've math it before, DP has higher leaden damage even if Fomalhaut uses living bullet. DP should also WS faster if you maintain 4 hit with TS up because lower delay.
By Lariae 2018-03-01 22:13:23  
I stand corrected then just going off what others have told me before though in a couple days I'll have my DP finished so yay. If tping in do obv using the Chrono bullet until you use leaden then swap to living right
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-03-01 22:20:27  
Lariae said: »
I stand corrected then just going off what others have told me before though in a couple days I'll have my DP finished so yay. If tping in do obv using the Chrono bullet until you use leaden then swap to living right

yes
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158