フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Daurdabla, Song Overwrite Order
Daurdabla, Song Overwrite Order
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-29 22:47:11  
I have a question for Daurdabla brds out there. What is the most effective way to put 3 full potency songs up quickly?

To go in to detail, if you cast Victory March in Gjallar, Advancing March in Gjallar, followed by Valor Minuet IV in Daurdabla and finally Valor minuet V in Gjallar, it would sometimes result in both marches and Minuet V being up at the end but about half the time Victory march would get overwrited instead of Minuet IV and result in 2 Minuets and a single march.

Simply put, I cannot find a consistent way to get 3 songs up without waiting the 1:30 seconds to be able to overwrite the crappy potency 3rd song. What is the order the game determines these overwrites in? I thought it was just the last song cast but clearly that is not the case with songs that are of the same type.

Any help would be appreciated and likely save my sanity, particularly when utilizing marcato with Nightingale and Troubadour to get fast songs up.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-29 22:50:04  
Whatever has shortest duration left gets overwritten as far as I know.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-29 22:59:06  
One would think, but 3 songs gets wonky.

If I cast V. March -> A. March -> Daurdabla Minuet 4 I have 3 songs but if I cast a minuet 5 with gjallar, randomly overwrites the 4 and sometimes my v. march but if I use Daurdabla with the minuet 5 it'll always(in the 6 tests I did) overwrite the minute 4...

So I honestly don't know but I cannot consistently get the results I need to know it will work everytime and if it screws up when I use all my JA's I can't redo it.

I can only imagine how bad this is gunna get when I have 99 Daurdabla...
By Creecreelo 2012-05-30 00:04:32  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I have a question for Daurdabla brds out there. What is the most effective way to put 3 full potency songs up quickly?

Not sure if it's the fastest, but going from 0 songs before a fight, I usually do Paeon x3 (usually tend to do x2 with +3 and 1 with Duardabla), and then overwrite immediately them with Marchx2 + MinV with Gjallarhorn.

Always works. :o

What lvl is your Gjallarhorn at now?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-30 00:24:37  
It's on my alt but tis 95. Daurdabla is 90(probably be there for a very long time since my main's almace's HMP's are priority right now.

I can't let my alt be pimper than I am for very long.

I tested that out and it seems to work just fine on the 8 tests I did on various song orders. While it isn't the 4 song rotation I was hoping for, 6 songs will have to do. Thanks very much.
 Leviathan.Komachii
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-05-30 00:31:52  
daurdabla90 adds supposedly 25% to the duration so its 150s naked if im right naked gjallar99 is 168s? it could happen the time you put up minuet4 march1 has a low enough duration already.

Doing the same as Creecreelo, putting up junk songs before pop/fight and overwriting with proper gjallar songs. Occassionally you get a "wtf paeon" in a shout group,but whatever.

When losing song midfight i let them suck it up with a gimped 3rd harp song, and overwriting a min later or so.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-30 01:32:46  
Hmm, I guess that could have something to do with the randomness of it all. Perhaps I'll get out the stopwatch and try it.

Thanks for the input guys. If you run in to any other useful hints, toss them my way.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-07-04 13:16:27  
You could cast a quick 4 second Hymnus zombie style (no +duration, full recast) to put up the third song, then overwrite it with your actual third song.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-07-04 15:15:34  
I've not done much testing but it appears to work pretty well. 100% thus far. I'll try it in varying situations and timings.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [364 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Cinnabbon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-03 23:02:21  
Bismarck.Stani said: »
You could cast a quick 4 second Hymnus zombie style (no +duration, full recast) to put up the third song, then overwrite it with your actual third song.

I'm having trouble getting this to work. Can you please explain? New to Harp and would like to know the best and fastest way to get up 3 songs. I do not have a ghorn yet. Thanks!
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-03 23:18:28  
Asura.Cinnabbon said: »
Bismarck.Stani said: »

I'm having trouble getting this to work. Can you please explain? New to Harp and would like to know the best and fastest way to get up 3 songs. I do not have a ghorn yet. Thanks!

cast 2 songs w/ +instrument then last w/ daurdabla.. problem fixed.. on recast use +instruments, for ex. 2x March using +march instruments, Minuet with Daurdabla, you loss less casting Minuets with harp than Marchs, coz +1 on march = 1% haste extra

Till you get Gjallarhorn you will have problems w/ overwriting songs.

EDIT: NEVER CAST ON THE WHM BALLAD RIGHT AFTER BUFFING DD's... coz you will keep overwriting Ballad's. don't remember how long have to wait coz I own Gjallarhorn but iirc 30secs to 1min
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-07-03 23:36:44  
each +1 to march actually adds 16/1024 haste, which is closer to 1.6% haste than 1% haste
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-03 23:40:17  
Thanks for the response! This makes sense. So for time sensitive events like doing NNI or bard rotation, am I better off doing third song without overwrite or using Paeon and overwriting all three? (Assuming I'm not on marches or need to cast other songs?) thanks for the info!
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-03 23:59:42  
imo, not worth the time it takes to cast 3x paeons to then cast the 3 real songs again. like said before w/ gjallarhorn everything "changes", but even with It I cast the 3rd song w/ Daurdabla if they aren't up already.
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-04 00:14:11  
Thank you! I appreciate your help and suggestions! :)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-04 00:21:05  
Thanks for the response! This makes sense. So for time sensitive events like doing NNI or bard rotation, am I better off doing third song without overwrite or using Paeon and overwriting all three? (Assuming I'm not on marches or need to cast other songs?) thanks for the info!
In nyzul, just get things up as fast as you can, don't make the group wait on songs.

This is what I like to do:

1. Cast first song
2. Cast second song

3A. If you're in a hurry, then just cast your 3rd song with daurdabla

3B. If you aren't then cast a placeholder song with daurdabla and then the song you want.

Never use duration + gear when using a placeholder song as the song that gets overwritten is the one with the least duration left and if you don't use duration gear on the PH song, it's easier to catch the overwrite window.

When you aren't using soulvoice, I like to use hymnus as my placeholder song since it's faster than most songs at only 4 seconds base rather than 8. BUT... if you are using SV then hymnus gets a duration bonus and screws your song order. So in those cases I use another song.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-04 01:00:56  
Sekundes covered most of it, though I've always used placeholder songs in nyzul for N/T and not bothered for normal songs. You can't really argue for the minor duration difference alone, but it's also 32 attack and synchronizing duration is helpful.

It's pretty tough to spreadsheet because of the high variance in when your ports will be, but I've had a few times where minuet would have wore on a kill-all with daur. More of personal preference than anything else, I think, as long as it's N/T only.
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-04 01:42:40  
Asura.Aikchan said: »

EDIT: NEVER CAST ON THE WHM BALLAD RIGHT AFTER BUFFING DD's... coz you will keep overwriting Ballad's. don't remember how long have to wait coz I own Gjallarhorn but iirc 30secs to 1min

How would pianissimo ballad on the WHM overwrite DD songs?
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-04 01:45:50  
Also, how do I even get up a third song with NT active? I set a separate macro to equip harp, but NT is too fast for that. How do you guys do it? Thanks!
 Bahamut.Sparkit
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sparkit
By Bahamut.Sparkit 2013-07-04 02:01:39  
Set up placebo song after hitting harp macro then cast appropriate song.
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-04 02:17:02  
I do that and still can't overwrite.
 Bahamut.Sparkit
By Bahamut.Sparkit 2013-07-04 02:18:37  
Asura.Aikchan said: »

How would pianissimo ballad on the WHM overwrite DD songs?

overwriting ballads meaning each ballad will overwrite the one that was just cast.. IE the WHM will have March and Ballad3 and when you cast Ballad2 it will just overwrite the previous ballad instead of march because of the differences in instruments. Specific example in my case would be Crooner's Cithara (+1 Ballad) and Langeleik (+3 March).

I have been working on ways around this but currently the best i can come up with is to just pianissimo ballad 2 with the harp. I know Aikchan is right about that time, for me it would be about a wait of 36 seconds, but in delve where bard is most popular now, it is hard to keep on top of that. Especially with left and right dispels.
 Bahamut.Sparkit
By Bahamut.Sparkit 2013-07-04 02:19:41  
I do that and still can't overwrite.

I think perhaps just cast the song you want to in the harp itself.
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-04 02:23:32  
Thanks for the info about ballad. I'm wondering if there's a way to set spellcast to do that when using NT songs only because otherwise my instrument will automatically swap or if there's some other way around that to make that work.
 Bahamut.Sparkit
By Bahamut.Sparkit 2013-07-04 02:39:24  
Thanks for the info about ballad. I'm wondering if there's a way to set spellcast to do that when using NT songs only because otherwise my instrument will automatically swap or if there's some other way around that to make that work.

No problem, I have been learning a lot about all this recently too. I don't use spellcast but I am vaguely familiar with it from past use and now that I have empy I need to. A suggestion if you can spare the space is to make a couple "simple" macros. Just 1 with harp -casting gear, 1 with placebo song, 1 with original gear you want to be in... at least as much that will fit into 6 lines lol, which isn't hard to work with really. Then go back to your proper macro palettes. I don't know if that helps but until I get some things sorted out that is how I been doing. Or again, like Aikchan said, just cast that 3rd song with the harp itself. Minuet5 its a small drop in Attack (I went from 538 to 525, so not a big deal). 538 being +3 Minuet instrument, 525 being harp from a base of 457.
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-04 02:48:30  
Bahamut.Sparkit said: »

No problem, I have been learning a lot about all this recently too. I don't use spellcast but I am vaguely familiar with it from past use and now that I have empy I need to. A suggestion if you can spare the space is to make a couple "simple" macros. Just 1 with harp -casting gear, 1 with placebo song, 1 with original gear you want to be in... at least as much that will fit into 6 lines lol, which isn't hard to work with really. Then go back to your proper macro palettes. I don't know if that helps but until I get some things sorted out that is how I been doing. Or again, like Aikchan said, just cast that 3rd song with the harp itself. Minuet5 its a small drop in Attack (I went from 538 to 525, so not a big deal. 538 being +3 Minuet instrument, 525 being harp from a base of 457.

Yeah, that's all I'm trying to figure out - how to get spellcast to work so that I could just do third song with harp for when NT are up. It seems silly to set spellcast to always use Harp on my 3rd song when I don't have an issue with overwrites on regular songs when I cast marches, otherwise that would be another option.

EDIT: I *think* I have a solution that will equip harp for third song only when nightingale is active , but will let you know after doing some testing. I used part of the code that was given to me in my other thread plus "if buffactive" when I was totally clueless about how any of this works and am hoping this will work.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-07-04 02:50:17  
Personally I prefer to manually switch ghorn and daurdabla and have rules for if daurdabla equipped change aoidos' neck to twilight torque for a lower duration on 3rd and 4th songs. Without having both instruments i don't know how I'd handle all the +3 instruments and a daurdabla. I'd probably setup my ballad and march macros to equip the better instruments and leave a madrigal instr., minuet instr. and daurdabla macro to manually change those.
 Bahamut.Sparkit
By Bahamut.Sparkit 2013-07-04 02:58:25  
By simple I mean just do it manually. It's a bit of fingerwork but perhaps I am used to it. This is how mine looks... Again this is just a placebo til I find cure.. no pun intended. I put it up on line #3

Ctrl 6 Daur
/equip range "Daurdabla"
/equip body "Sha'ir Manteel"
/equip neck

Ctrl7 Hymnus
/equip hands "Schellenband"
/equip feet "Bokwus Boots"
/equip legs "Orvail Pants"
/ma "Goddess's Hymnus" <stpc>

Ctrl8 Song
/equip neck "Aoidos' Matinee"
/equip body "Aoidos' Hongreline +2"
/equip hands "Aoidos' Manchettes +2"
/equip legs "Aoidos' Rhingrave +2
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-04 03:03:29  
Mine is too if it works-will just have it set to use harp for third song when nightingale is up. Thanks everyone for the helpful responses.
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-07 04:46:10  
Still having problems getting up a third song with harp when Nightengale is up. I use spellcast and my instruments are matched with songs and I have a harp macro that I manually hit normally to get the third song up. Any suggestions?
First Page 2