</if>
<equip when="$When" set="LowDurationGear" />
</if>

<!-- Change "when" variable to precast if Nightingale is up -->
<if spell="Nightingale">
<action type="Var" cmd="set When Precast" />
<cmd when="Precast">wait 60;sc var set When Midcast</cmd>
</if>

Change the "DummySong" to whatever song you want to use and increase the wait 60 if you use relic +2 aug.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-07 08:16:50  
Asura.Cinnabbon said: »
Still having problems getting up a third song with harp when Nightengale is up. I use spellcast and my instruments are matched with songs and I have a harp macro that I manually hit normally to get the third song up. Any suggestions?
You can see from the code from Thorbean above that you'll need to make sure you don't use duration enhancing gear for your dummy song. You can use that code if you'd like and depending on how your current xml works it should be able to take care of it.

I just recently revamped my brd xml to make it less laggy. I've taken out many of the wildcards (*) and variables so it runs faster and doesn't stutter the game anytime you cast for those who don't have amazing processors.

I've posted my older version around a few times but you can look at this one if you'd like.

http://pastebin.com/6LpzhP43

If you don't have Gjallar you will need to change the instruments it uses in the rules area(technically there are 2 spots for each type, this ensures that the instrument is geared on both precast and midcast just in case you use instacast gear or are in abyssea with the atma).

I've only been using this version for a few days but so far it works pretty well and I got rid of a few bugs from the last version. But if you run in to a problem, it could very well need fixing. So let me know if you find any issues or just need help.
 Asura.Aikchan
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-07 10:10:13  
http://pastebin.com/QXGr2NB2

This is the SC I made for me. not anything fancy or copy/pasted from someone else. just a workaround on daurdabla, aftercast gear and autopianissimo (btw... I know I could have made it more simple.. like using a variable for the weapon, only thing that change in precast sets, or using song elements but meh... its SC lol)

this is what cast.txt have
Code
input /equip main "Felibre's Dague";
input /equip Hands "Ad. Mnchtte. +2";
input /equip Head "Aoidos' calot +2";
input /equip Neck "Aoidos' matinee";
input /equip Ear1 "Graiai earring";
input /equip Body "Aoidos' Hngrln. +2";
input /equip Back "Mesmeric cape";
input /equip Waist "Aoidos' Belt";
input /equip Ear2 "Loquacious earring";
input /equip Legs "Aoidos' Rhing. +2";
input /equip Feet "Aoidos' cothurnes +2";
input /equip Ring2 "Prolix Ring";
input /equip Ring1 "Balrahn's ring";
input /equip sub "Genbu's Shield";
pause 2;
sc var set instrument Gjallarhorn
pause 1.5;
input /echo ~~~~ Next Song ~~~~

and In game 1 Macro,
/console sc var set instrument Daurdabla
/echo Daurdabla Next Song.

So for 3rd song I press the macro Once, and the next song will be casted with daurdabla.

For you w/o Gjallarhorn its more complicated but doable using a Variable like 3rdsong , the macro would be /console set var set 3rdsong 1, /equip daurdabla, / echo daurdabla next song, the a rule if that variable is 1, lock in range daurdabla and in the .txt instead having "sc var set instrument Gjallarhorn" would be "sc var set 3rdsong 0",(sorry for this explanation, just supposed that you might have a little knowledge of basic coding to understand what I said.)

I used to use the spamming macro to equip daurdabla mid song, But I never used Nightingale, My precast gear let me cast song @ 18-25%, even w/ troubador(25-30%) they cast fast enough.

AI just can suggest you.. start working on Gjallarhorn if wanna make your life less painful coz overwriting songs issues. No matter "dumb" song you use.. daurdabla alone => +3 songs, so by the time you cast your 4rd song(after the dumb one), the first one will have pass enough duration to be replaced by the real 3rd song.
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-07 10:42:30  
Thanks. I guess I should have been clearer that my issue is getting up the third song at all with nightengale, not even worrying about overwrite at this point. If there was a way to set it so it knew if I'm doing my third song and buff active is nightengale, that would cover it, but I can't figure anything out that works consistently. I am working on ghorn but again would have the same issue I'd imagine regardless of instrument because it's just to get that dummy song up to begin with that's an issue in this situation.

I will have to see if any of these work for me. I appreciate the responses:)
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-07-07 10:52:19  
If you want to work it out yourself:

• A song that is currently up will not replace itself unless the remaining duration is below two minutes.

• A new song (not currently applied) will always overwrite a song.

• When a non-same song is overwritten, it is always the one with the lowest remaining duration, even if that it is the most recently cast song.

Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-07 11:41:54  
Asura.Cinnabbon said: »
Thanks. I guess I should have been clearer that my issue is getting up the third song at all with nightengale, not even worrying about overwrite at this point. If there was a way to set it so it knew if I'm doing my third song and buff active is nightengale, that would cover it, but I can't figure anything out that works consistently. I am working on ghorn but again would have the same issue I'd imagine regardless of instrument because it's just to get that dummy song up to begin with that's an issue in this situation.

I will have to see if any of these work for me. I appreciate the responses:)
With Nightingale up and 5/5 merits songs are instant, so your macro to swap to Daurdabla won't be fast enough to ensure you get a 3rd song.

The way I did it, was to make it so when I hit a macro, the next song will use Daurdabla, I also have trigger songs that always use daurdabla. Between these two methods, it works fairly well.

My variable is <var name="3rdSong">0</var>

When 3rdSong is 0, nothing happens and it simply skips that rule.

When 3rdSong is 1, it passes so it goes in to this rule section and makes me lock daurdabla on.
Code xml
<if advanced='"$3rdSong" == 1'>
<equip when="Precast|Midcast"><range Lock="True">Daurdabla</range></equip>
<cmd>input /echo Daurdabla Active</cmd>
<var cmd="set 3rdSong 0" />
</if>

Note that this rule retains duration bonus gear as it currently is, I generally only use this when I need to get songs up fast and I can't wait for placeholder songs.

If you want to make a certain song use darudabla as a trigger just use this:
Code xml
<if spell="Goddess's Hymnus|Shining Fantasia|Herb Pastoral">
<equip when="Precast|Midcast" Set="Daurdabla"/>
</if>

This locks the Daurdabla set in which has no duration gear but has fastcast/songcast gear so you cast faster when Nightingale isn't up.

I hope that helps you get your issue solved.
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-07 12:29:07  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
With Nightingale up and 5/5 merits songs are instant, so your macro to swap to Daurdabla won't be fast enough to ensure you get a 3rd song.

The way I did it, was to make it so when I hit a macro, the next song will use Daurdabla, I also have trigger songs that always use daurdabla. Between these two methods, it works fairly well.

My variable is <var name="3rdSong">0</var>

When 3rdSong is 0, nothing happens and it simply skips that rule.

When 3rdSong is 1, it passes so it goes in to this rule section and makes me lock daurdabla on.
Code xml
<if advanced='"$3rdSong" == 1'>
<equip when="Precast|Midcast"><range Lock="True">Daurdabla</range></equip>
</if>

Note that this rule retains duration bonus gear as it currently is, I generally only use this when I need to get songs up fast and I can't wait for placeholder songs.

If you want to make a certain song use darudabla as a trigger just use this:
Code xml
<if spell="Goddess's Hymnus|Shining Fantasia|Herb Pastoral">
<equip when="Precast|Midcast" Set="Daurdabla"/>
</if>

This locks the Daurdabla set in which has no duration gear but has fastcast/songcast gear so you cast faster when Nightingale isn't up.

I hope that helps you get your issue solved.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about- 5/5 Night./Troub. Do you need to make in game macros to hit before each song in addition to using this code or does it do it automatically? Is your only variable for 3rd song? This looks like exactly what I am looking for! Thank you!

In the second code, why is the variable for 3rd song in there if you're always using a Daur for that song? Is your "Daurdabla" set just a set with no duration gear? I currently have Daur also included in my code for those songs for typical third song casting and that's working well for me.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-07 12:41:47  
If you want to use daurdabla with ANY song, just make a macro that changes the var to 1. And yes, only use this for the song you want to use daurdabla with.

/sc v s 3rdSong 1

If you want to have a song that always uses daurdabla, use the second section of code and use any of the songs in the rule to put up the 3rd song.

I put it in there just in case I hit the macro prior to using one of these songs. It just resets the variable to 0 so the next song won't use it.

This is my Daurdabla set:
Code xml
		<set name="Daurdabla">
			<main>Felibre's Dague</main>
			<sub>Genbu's Shield</sub>
			<range Lock="True">Daurdabla</range>
			<head>Aoidos' Calot +2</head>
			<neck>Orunmila's Torque</neck>
			<body>Sha'ir Manteel</body>
			<hands>Schellenband</hands>
			<lring>Minstrel's Ring</lring>
			<rring>Prolix Ring</rring>
			<back>Swith cape</back>
			<waist>Aoidos' Belt</waist>
			<legs>Orvail Pants</legs>
			<feet>Chelona Boots</feet>
		</set>
 Asura.Cinnabbon
By Asura.Cinnabbon 2013-07-07 13:10:17  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
If you want to use daurdabla with ANY song, just make a macro that changes the var to 1. And yes, only use this for the song you want to use daurdabla with.

/sc v s 3rdSong 1

If you want to have a song that always uses daurdabla, use the second section of code and use any of the songs in the rule to put up the 3rd song.

I put it in there just in case I hit the macro prior to using one of these songs. It just resets the variable to 0 so the next song won't use it.

This works, thanks! I'll have to take a look at the rest of the code to update my SC, but for third song, works very well!!! Solved my problem :)