Why Isn't WoE More Popular With NA/EU?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » Why isn't WoE more popular with NA/EU?
Why isn't WoE more popular with NA/EU?
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Dmaul
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dmaul
Posts: 59
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2012-05-16 23:25:11  
The only time it ever gets kicking is during JP primetime. Around 6 or 7ish to 12 CDT my time. But from then on its a ghost town until the next primetime. Me personally, I love it. I'd do it all day if I could. Especially flux #15. Just what is it that doesn't entice NA/EU but does JP? Not sure what more SE can do to it except add r/ex gear.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Sparthos
Posts: 10379
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-05-16 23:26:55  
NA can't organize for ***.

The collective JP culture makes it far more conducive to group up where the individualistic NA culture makes it far less likely to team up unless you have no other choice but to.

EU just don't have enough bodies on my server to do much outside grouping up with NA and being subject to NA mentalities.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: galbir
Posts: 1290
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-16 23:43:13  
Most WoE weapons are worse than easier to make options. IE: Str path, multihit, and da for the jobs that benefit most from these. This is the main draw as seen by many people. Not to say there aren't other reasons though.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Harpunnik
Posts: 867
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-05-17 00:05:02  
Its a real shame, its a good money maker.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
Posts: 943
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-17 00:18:16  
When spells like comet/thundaja/blizzaja were released (can't remember whichever update that was when they released those spells and all the new fluxes) on Odin a good majority of the time you couldn't even get into certain fluxes because they filled up to capacity within seconds.

I personally really liked it at one time, but it seems like the reward to time/effort ratio is just too low unless you're lucky (or perhaps I was just unlucky). In a good 30-40 runs I got absolutely nothing that was worth any gil. Add into the 1/game day wait, and it just got too tedious. I'd rather farm my gil/spend my time elsewhere. Add into that that emps are stupidly easy to make at lv99, and I think WoE weapons have lost most of their appeal.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 9265
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-17 00:35:33  
Odin.Calipso said: »
When spells like comet/thundaja/blizzaja were released (can't remember whichever update that was when they released those spells and all the new fluxes) on Odin a good majority of the time you couldn't even get into certain fluxes because they filled up to capacity within seconds.

I personally really liked it at one time, but it seems like the reward to time/effort ratio is just too low unless you're lucky (or perhaps I was just unlucky). In a good 30-40 runs I got absolutely nothing that was worth any gil. Add into the 1/game day wait, and it just got too tedious. I'd rather farm my gil/spend my time elsewhere. Add into that that emps are stupidly easy to make at lv99, and I think WoE weapons have lost most of their appeal.

First half, total truth. But the second half, idk so much. Like it can really suck, don't get me wrong. But if you get 1 Nom mitts... yeah I'll take a 15M drop lol. I wish people did more WoE on Odin.

Edit: I've also gotten like discharges or dice on 3/7 or so runs while I was skilling up cor a lil. Also there is no more 1 day wait time. You can spam crap as long as the confluxes are not on cooldown themselves.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
Posts: 14552
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-17 00:40:13  
Last time I did WoE was awhile ago, but anytime I organized a run with my linkshell for WoE a wave of random players would quickly invade our zone and mooch anything they could from the run as long as they put in the minimum required effort.

It wasn't worth my time (or any of my linkshell members), and I didn't find it very enjoyable to get screwed over run after run because SE decided the event was meant to be the complete opposite of organization.

I'm sure many of you find it fun and agree it shouldn't be a linkshell organized event, and I have no problem with that opinion. I just don't want anything to do with it, I like to do things with people I know and I didn't like other players invading the run just for their own personal gain.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
Posts: 8022
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-17 00:42:28  
Pretty much sums up my feelings about the event Kal. Don't care about it at all.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Harpunnik
Posts: 867
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-05-17 01:05:03  
TBH I wish my linkshell would do WoE as an event. WoE is very enjoyable without 20 SMN's lagging the zone and it being taken on as a team effort.
 Bismarck.Helel
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
Posts: 1335
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-05-17 01:34:40  
People don't do WoE because there's no reason to do it.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
Posts: 1264
By Shiva.Gib 2012-05-17 01:48:42  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
People don't do WoE because there's no reason to do it.
there are quite a few several million gil items in WoE that you can get... thats worth it imo
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Harpunnik
Posts: 867
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-05-17 02:10:29  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
People don't do WoE because there's no reason to do it.

Yes there are several decent pieces of gear, worth a good bit of gear, plus die and residues, all while skilling up. TBH I have a Shamash and its also pretty good - and I didn't have much trouble making it.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
Posts: 334
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 02:49:54  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Odin.Calipso said: »
When spells like comet/thundaja/blizzaja were released (can't remember whichever update that was when they released those spells and all the new fluxes) on Odin a good majority of the time you couldn't even get into certain fluxes because they filled up to capacity within seconds.

I personally really liked it at one time, but it seems like the reward to time/effort ratio is just too low unless you're lucky (or perhaps I was just unlucky). In a good 30-40 runs I got absolutely nothing that was worth any gil. Add into the 1/game day wait, and it just got too tedious. I'd rather farm my gil/spend my time elsewhere. Add into that that emps are stupidly easy to make at lv99, and I think WoE weapons have lost most of their appeal.

First half, total truth. But the second half, idk so much. Like it can really suck, don't get me wrong. But if you get 1 Nom mitts... yeah I'll take a 15M drop lol. I wish people did more WoE on Odin.

Edit: I've also gotten like discharges or dice on 3/7 or so runs while I was skilling up cor a lil. Also there is no more 1 day wait time. You can spam crap as long as the confluxes are not on cooldown themselves.

A game day is what i dunno 40 mins? (not sure exactly)

Say that it is 40 mins in this example 30 runs in WoE = 20 hrs (not including actual flux fight time) including waiting in-between game days. that = 10 dynamis runs where you earn 1.5>2mil plus per run on currancy so basically 20 mil gil if you were talking 40 runs that's an additional 6 runs so another 6-8 mil gil so your looking at a respectable 25-30mil+ gil from doing dynamis selling coins and steps over spending 30 hrs of your life POSSIBLY getting a 15mil drop....

I think you see my point. Which is why NA EU people don't do WoE because they have a brain when it comes to making gil.
 Odin.Eikechi
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 9265
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-17 02:54:39  
You clearly didn't read what I wrote. There is no game-day wait to do another flux. You can run through all 15 and I guarantee by the time you finish the last one others will have repopped. Not to mention you can only dynamis once a day. Not to mention you gotta get kinda lucky to get 1.5-2M per run in dyna (that's like 250 currency at 8k/each for 2M). That's a lot of currency for a single solo run. But w/e mate. Do what ya do. I happen to like WoE because it's also fun.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
Posts: 334
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 02:58:26  
I forgot about the WoE changes but that still doesn't alter my point.

Consistency > luck

200 coins in a dyna run is very much achieveable and on my server tukus sell for 7k bynes 8k O bronze 8/9k

If you only got tukus in a run 200 is 1.4 mil but you don't get just tukus so 1.5mil a dyna run is VERY VERY achievable.

Your fluxes can repop all they want as fast as the want your playing on "luck" factor on a drop. Sure the content is fun but gil was mentioned and I am applying logic to it.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
Posts: 681
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-17 03:00:59  
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
I forgot about the WoE changes but that still doesn't alter my point.

Consistency > luck

200 coins in a dyna run is very much achieveable and on my server tukus sell for 7k bynes 8k O bronze 8/9k

If you only got tukus in a run 200 is 1.4 mil but you don't get just tukus so 1.5mil a dyna run is VERY VERY achievable.

Your fluxes can repop all they want as fast as the want your playing on "luck" factor on a drop. Sure the content is fun but gil was mentioned and I am applying logic to it.

Wow your servers prices are inflated o_O

I make 2m a dynamis run solo 100% of the time, sometimes more, duo is 2m-3.5m depending on white procs.

WOE is really good gil if you actually get drops, but it wasn't really that fun when I did it, too zergy and erratic. Dynamis even more boring though, 2 hours of watching a movie/tv shows yay.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
Posts: 334
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 03:03:12  
They are hiked yes.... but thats' the true prices going atm.

I was going for the time spent/wasted angle.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
Posts: 681
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-17 03:04:26  
Dynamis is pretty much the best gil/hour in the game.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1549
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-05-17 03:15:30  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Last time I did WoE was awhile ago, but anytime I organized a run with my linkshell for WoE a wave of random players would quickly invade our zone and mooch anything they could from the run as long as they put in the minimum required effort.

It wasn't worth my time (or any of my linkshell members), and I didn't find it very enjoyable to get screwed over run after run because SE decided the event was meant to be the complete opposite of organization.

I'm sure many of you find it fun and agree it shouldn't be a linkshell organized event, and I have no problem with that opinion. I just don't want anything to do with it, I like to do things with people I know and I didn't like other players invading the run just for their own personal gain.
Yeah, 2 nototious RMT's on sylph, Dscgirl and his mule, DSC campflux 15
 Shiva.Galbir
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: galbir
Posts: 1290
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-17 03:18:40  
Without any proof that's little more than libel Liltrouble. Also I can't say I've ever known an RMT to have a FFxiah profile.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
Posts: 681
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-17 03:20:30  
Liltrouble literally never has any idea what he's talking about, ignore him. Dsc is not RMT and is 100% a real player, I know him personally. However, he is a psycho and a bad person, but RMT? No.
 Bismarck.Dmaul
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dmaul
Posts: 59
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2012-05-17 04:19:41  
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Odin.Calipso said: »
When spells like comet/thundaja/blizzaja were released (can't remember whichever update that was when they released those spells and all the new fluxes) on Odin a good majority of the time you couldn't even get into certain fluxes because they filled up to capacity within seconds.

I personally really liked it at one time, but it seems like the reward to time/effort ratio is just too low unless you're lucky (or perhaps I was just unlucky). In a good 30-40 runs I got absolutely nothing that was worth any gil. Add into the 1/game day wait, and it just got too tedious. I'd rather farm my gil/spend my time elsewhere. Add into that that emps are stupidly easy to make at lv99, and I think WoE weapons have lost most of their appeal.

First half, total truth. But the second half, idk so much. Like it can really suck, don't get me wrong. But if you get 1 Nom mitts... yeah I'll take a 15M drop lol. I wish people did more WoE on Odin.

Edit: I've also gotten like discharges or dice on 3/7 or so runs while I was skilling up cor a lil. Also there is no more 1 day wait time. You can spam crap as long as the confluxes are not on cooldown themselves.

A game day is what i dunno 40 mins? (not sure exactly)

Say that it is 40 mins in this example 30 runs in WoE = 20 hrs (not including actual flux fight time) including waiting in-between game days. that = 10 dynamis runs where you earn 1.5>2mil plus per run on currancy so basically 20 mil gil if you were talking 40 runs that's an additional 6 runs so another 6-8 mil gil so your looking at a respectable 25-30mil+ gil from doing dynamis selling coins and steps over spending 30 hrs of your life POSSIBLY getting a 15mil drop....

I think you see my point. Which is why NA EU people don't do WoE because they have a brain when it comes to making gil.

Well, first I didn't ask anything in regards to dyna. Second, I didn't ask anything on the subject of how to make gil. Third, I'm pretty sure JP know how to make gil and I'm also preeeetty sure they have brains. So let me ask it differently. Why does the JP community enjoy doing WoE whereas NA/EU comunity do not?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
Posts: 2822
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-05-17 04:25:35  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
NA can't organize for ***.

The collective JP culture makes it far more conducive to group up where the individualistic NA culture makes it far less likely to team up unless you have no other choice but to.

EU just don't have enough bodies on my server to do much outside grouping up with NA and being subject to NA mentalities.


This doesn't just apply to WOE, but it seems to apply for VW also. (Although JPs don't /shout for WOE)

I see a lot of VW/Provenance JP /shout on my server, and often organized pretty well, but I rarely see any NA /shouting particular VW/Provenance. NAs mostly /shout for T3 only, if there are rex/Provenance/Morta etc /shout, it's usually done by same particular ppl until he/she got drops, but JP often /shout for other VW everyday, including money VW(which I rarely see NAs /shout for it).

There are lots of times that I've been wondering why VW isn't as popular among NA compare with JP. It's not like it's completely dead during NA time, just not as many /shouts. It's probably either NAs just doesn't like to team up with random players, or just hates random drop system(both WoE and VW are chest drops)
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
Posts: 334
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 04:33:33  
Bismarck.Dmaul said: »
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Odin.Calipso said: »
When spells like comet/thundaja/blizzaja were released (can't remember whichever update that was when they released those spells and all the new fluxes) on Odin a good majority of the time you couldn't even get into certain fluxes because they filled up to capacity within seconds.

I personally really liked it at one time, but it seems like the reward to time/effort ratio is just too low unless you're lucky (or perhaps I was just unlucky). In a good 30-40 runs I got absolutely nothing that was worth any gil. Add into the 1/game day wait, and it just got too tedious. I'd rather farm my gil/spend my time elsewhere. Add into that that emps are stupidly easy to make at lv99, and I think WoE weapons have lost most of their appeal.

First half, total truth. But the second half, idk so much. Like it can really suck, don't get me wrong. But if you get 1 Nom mitts... yeah I'll take a 15M drop lol. I wish people did more WoE on Odin.

Edit: I've also gotten like discharges or dice on 3/7 or so runs while I was skilling up cor a lil. Also there is no more 1 day wait time. You can spam crap as long as the confluxes are not on cooldown themselves.

A game day is what i dunno 40 mins? (not sure exactly)

Say that it is 40 mins in this example 30 runs in WoE = 20 hrs (not including actual flux fight time) including waiting in-between game days. that = 10 dynamis runs where you earn 1.5>2mil plus per run on currancy so basically 20 mil gil if you were talking 40 runs that's an additional 6 runs so another 6-8 mil gil so your looking at a respectable 25-30mil+ gil from doing dynamis selling coins and steps over spending 30 hrs of your life POSSIBLY getting a 15mil drop....

I think you see my point. Which is why NA EU people don't do WoE because they have a brain when it comes to making gil.

Well, first I didn't ask anything in regards to dyna. Second, I didn't ask anything on the subject of how to make gil. Third, I'm pretty sure JP know how to make gil and I'm also preeeetty sure they have brains. So let me ask it differently. Why does the JP community enjoy doing WoE whereas NA/EU comunity do not?

Because it offers no consistent reward and NA don't do things for fun they do it to get something...

Better?
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
Posts: 869
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-05-17 04:58:36  
Odin.Calipso said: »
When spells like comet/thundaja/blizzaja were released (can't remember whichever update that was when they released those spells and all the new fluxes) on Odin a good majority of the time you couldn't even get into certain fluxes because they filled up to capacity within seconds.

I personally really liked it at one time, but it seems like the reward to time/effort ratio is just too low unless you're lucky (or perhaps I was just unlucky). In a good 30-40 runs I got absolutely nothing that was worth any gil. Add into the 1/game day wait, and it just got too tedious. I'd rather farm my gil/spend my time elsewhere. Add into that that emps are stupidly easy to make at lv99, and I think WoE weapons have lost most of their appeal.

You'll tell me how you get 1500 plates and 60 riftdross or riftcinder without spending a single gil. Then we could talk about something stupidly easy.
 Bismarck.Dmaul
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dmaul
Posts: 59
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2012-05-17 05:09:11  
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Because it offers no consistent reward and NA don't do things for fun they do it to get something...

Better?

No. But I'm sure your attempt at trolling has been duly noted with the "TR community"

You know the last thing I wanted was one simple question to turn into one big put down of either the JP, NA, or EU community. So I guess its just going to be one of those things that is what it is with no real answer.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Eneas
Posts: 630
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-17 05:13:40  
Bismarck.Dmaul said: »
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Because it offers no consistent reward and NA don't do things for fun they do it to get something...

Better?

No. But I'm sure your attempt at trolling has been duly noted with the "TR community"

You know the last thing I wanted was one simple question to turn into one big put down of either the JP, NA, or EU community. So I guess its just going to be one of those things that is what it is with no real answer.

why trolling? you must be new around here.
you asked an opinion, he gave his. dont like it? gtfo.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
Posts: 334
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 05:17:43  
interesting you think I am trolling when infact I am just giving what I believe is to be factual information.

People can't be bothered to do WoE as it does not really offer anything bar a small select few of items probably worth using.

Which people farm gil to buy as its easier to do it this way.

Why you think these points makes me a troll is beyond me. Its not hard to work out is it.

As I said before people can and do find this type of event fun but its not massively popular because of the reasons I mentioned above.
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Eneas
Posts: 630
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-17 05:20:38  
people use the word troll without limits these days.
if you get butthurt about others opinions then you should not even bother posting in the first place.

To think that people dont know how a forum works in 2012 is beyond me.
[+]
First Page 2 3
Log in to post.