Why Isn't WoE More Popular With NA/EU?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » Why isn't WoE more popular with NA/EU?
Why isn't WoE more popular with NA/EU?
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-05-17 05:29:24  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
NA can't organize for ***.

The collective JP culture makes it far more conducive to group up where the individualistic NA culture makes it far less likely to team up unless you have no other choice but to.

EU just don't have enough bodies on my server to do much outside grouping up with NA and being subject to NA mentalities.
sad thing is this is more or less very true.

btw what is WoEs full name.
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-17 05:29:55  
Walk of The Echoes
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-05-17 06:03:10  
Bismarck.Dmaul said: »
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Because it offers no consistent reward and NA don't do things for fun they do it to get something...

Better?

No. But I'm sure your attempt at trolling has been duly noted with the "TR community"

You know the last thing I wanted was one simple question to turn into one big put down of either the JP, NA, or EU community. So I guess its just going to be one of those things that is what it is with no real answer.
Wtf is this guy talking about? A reason that people don't like to do something isn't a good enough reason for people to not do it? Wat.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-05-17 09:17:08  
On enjoyment of WoE -- the last few times I did it were with a group. I'm usually the resident thief, so I usually get asked to sac, and that's ok. I don't mind taking one for the team. Usually I like taking one for the team, it makes me feel halfway useful. But since the more time you spend dead and weakened the less chance of loot you got, they did say they'd like to rotate sackers. I did it the first time. And... I did it the second time. And then I did it the third time. And we shouldn't even have needed a sacker, I'm not 100% sure why we always tried to get small mobs away from boss mobs and then only kill bosses. But being dead/weak for half a fight every single time with no chance of loot and nothing much to do until I was unweak, it got pretty boring.

It was even more irritating when we went in with our usual group and a bunch of randoms came in after us and so we'd stand around wasting time waiting for the randoms to go pull a little mob because we didn't want little mobs and the randoms stood around wasting time waiting for us to do something because they didn't want to pull a little mob all alone and get eaten, so finally we'd get sick of wasting time and I'd go sac and the millisecond I grabbed little ones and ran, randoms would start running around going "huh?" confused at why on earth we were sacking when there was no urgent need to sack. Embarrassing. So my team would go attack a boss, randoms would run around all "wtf is going on?" and some of them would wait til I died before engaging a little mob (?) and some would go fight the boss and everyone was confused and it was the biggest bloody mess you've ever seen. You can't have much organization with an event when the communication between separate people doing the same thing is minimal. Bloody mess.

So it got to the point that we felt we did better without the group. But going in as a random ourselves just made other people irritated because they were convinced that we were only there to steal their loot. No, no, we're here because we don't even know what you're doing and you're still better organized and better fighters than our people. :x

On loot of WoE -- It's faster and more efficient to farm up gil doing something else and then buy whatever valuable items you need as opposed to spamming one event and hoping you get lucky. And the last time I did it (several months and a few updates ago, I'm sure) you could not trade coins or choose what coins you got, so weapon-makers were pretty much just frustrated most of the time. Oh, but someone I knew did get a magic scroll. Once. Out of about 15 fights.

On practicality of WoE -- At this time I don't have an event linkshell that does WoE. It's embarrassing to go in as a random because people assume you are leeching or otherwise up to no good. I'm just simply not motivated to go alone or with my duo/trio because the rewards are too low and too random, too left to chance.

tl;dr -- I was embarrassed at WoE a few times by my group (boo hoo hoo, 'woe' is me, pity party, etc.) so now I have a soured view of it. The rewards are random enough to be not really worth it. And other people doing WoE tend to be quite crabby. :x
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-05-17 09:24:24  
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Dynamis is pretty much the best gil/hour in the game.

When you don't need/want a relic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-05-17 09:27:01  
Odin.Liela said: »
On enjoyment of WoE -- the last few times I did it were with a group. I'm usually the resident thief, so I usually get asked to sac, and that's ok. I don't mind taking one for the team. Usually I like taking one for the team, it makes me feel halfway useful. But since the more time you spend dead and weakened the less chance of loot you got, they did say they'd like to rotate sackers. I did it the first time. And... I did it the second time. And then I did it the third time. And we shouldn't even have needed a sacker, I'm not 100% sure why we always tried to get small mobs away from boss mobs and then only kill bosses. But being dead/weak for half a fight every single time with no chance of loot and nothing much to do until I was unweak, it got pretty boring.

It was even more irritating when we went in with our usual group and a bunch of randoms came in after us and so we'd stand around wasting time waiting for the randoms to go pull a little mob because we didn't want little mobs and the randoms stood around wasting time waiting for us to do something because they didn't want to pull a little mob all alone and get eaten, so finally we'd get sick of wasting time and I'd go sac and the millisecond I grabbed little ones and ran, randoms would start running around going "huh?" confused at why on earth we were sacking when there was no urgent need to sack. Embarrassing. So my team would go attack a boss, randoms would run around all "wtf is going on?" and some of them would wait til I died before engaging a little mob (?) and some would go fight the boss and everyone was confused and it was the biggest bloody mess you've ever seen. You can't have much organization with an event when the communication between separate people doing the same thing is minimal. Bloody mess.

So it got to the point that we felt we did better without the group. But going in as a random ourselves just made other people irritated because they were convinced that we were only there to steal their loot. No, no, we're here because we don't even know what you're doing and you're still better organized and better fighters than our people. :x

On loot of WoE -- It's faster and more efficient to farm up gil doing something else and then buy whatever valuable items you need as opposed to spamming one event and hoping you get lucky. And the last time I did it (several months and a few updates ago, I'm sure) you could not trade coins or choose what coins you got, so weapon-makers were pretty much just frustrated most of the time. Oh, but someone I knew did get a magic scroll. Once. Out of about 15 fights.

On practicality of WoE -- At this time I don't have an event linkshell that does WoE. It's embarrassing to go in as a random because people assume you are leeching or otherwise up to no good. I'm just simply not motivated to go alone or with my duo/trio because the rewards are too low and too random, too left to chance.

tl;dr -- I was embarrassed at WoE a few times by my group (boo hoo hoo, 'woe' is me, pity party, etc.) so now I have a soured view of it. The rewards are random enough to be not really worth it. And other people doing WoE tend to be quite crabby. :x

Is thf your only job? Cause you really don't need it in WoE.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-05-17 09:29:03  
Thief is not my only job. And no, it's not really necessary in WoE. It's just what my group usually asked me to come on. I generally prefer to come blm, that's my favorite job, but I usually come whatever my group asks me to come on without fuss.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-05-17 09:30:10  
Dynamis as a money-maker is definitely more consistent. However, as was pointed out, doing WoE for gil is a decent albeit inconsistent activity when the Dyna timer is down. We only do WoE about once every 3-4 weeks in LS, and generally take requests for confluxes within the shell. There are some drops people want a shot at which are not frequently sold on AH (e.g., Esper Stone/Ombre Tath were not sold regularly on Lakshmi for about 6 months) or very high-ticket items like Nomkahpa Mittens. We also mix in some of those runs with Con 7 Dragon runs which have a higher rate of coin drops.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-05-17 09:35:07  
Odin.Liela said: »
Thief is not my only job. And no, it's not really necessary in WoE. It's just what my group usually asked me to come on. I generally prefer to come blm, that's my favorite job, but I usually come whatever my group asks me to come on without fuss.

Probably but for the good of the group you can tell them that thf is useless in WoE, then make you come on a useful job that will allow the group to win, and make everyone in the group get reward.
The matter is to be useful and don't waste time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-17 09:36:14  
WoE would be worth doing if they implemented a Provenance Watcher - style drop system.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-17 09:55:38  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Dynamis is pretty much the best gil/hour in the game.

When you don't need/want a relic.
It still is even then because of the gil saved farming your own currency.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-05-17 10:20:18  
I don't do WoE because no one else does it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-05-17 10:23:24  
Not instanced. Old drop system was fine, the random people coming in was not. Not a fan of the get a chest, get what you don't want and could have passed to someone in YOUR group idea.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-05-17 10:26:25  
Fenrir.Camiie said: »

People are actually doing WoE.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-17 10:49:23  
I enjoy WoE a lot.

I just don't have the time to do it among all the other things I want to do even more.
By Calipso 2012-05-17 11:13:41  
My bad - it's been awhile since I've done WoE. Guess I should've read up on it before posting that :p Not having the 1 day wait anymore certainly makes it a little less boring/tedious imo. With my crap luck on drops and the several times I've actually timed out, still seems like a waste of time compared to other gil making methods. =/

In dyna, my duo partner and I can get 500-560 coins and 45-55 forgottens if we're on the right jobs and not *** around. 50-150 alex if we feel like doing salvage and depending on how generous pouches wanna be.

Like anything in this game, do it if you find it fun. Can always try /shouting for people before you go, too. Like anything based on luck, don't get your hopes up thinking you're gonna walk out with a huge gil drop though.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-17 11:21:58  
well,woe is not consistent,but latest fluxes drop residue pretty much every run,and they sell 100-150k a pop,while you trying chance for a big drop,,and you can skill too,id just go there to get a few of the drops i want,to get em free,not to farm money
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-05-17 11:25:28  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
WoE would be worth doing if they implemented a Provenance Watcher - style drop system.

Uh wut?

WOE already has an individual lootpool system, awards EXP, skillup and has the potential for good drops (just like Voidwatch) in half the time.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-05-17 11:28:43  
do a /sea all of WoE during JP prime time.

it's common on Shiva to see like 80-100 people in there, no joke.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-17 11:32:32  
Shiva.Gib said: »
do a /sea all of WoE during JP prime time.

it's common on Shiva to see like 80-100 people in there, no joke.

Of course, the OP is about why NA/EU don't do WoE, not about how JP do.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-05-17 11:35:06  
The other thing also is I think a lot of people are not even aware of how WoE has changed over the updates, they gave up on it a long time ago. I've liked WoE through all its changes. TBH in the original WoE the most desirable job for me was sac puller, since I was able to get into the top 5 tier quite often on PLD holding the babies.

I understand WoE isn't the most efficient way to make gil, but it can pay off. And I do go to namis every day I can, but namis also sucks when it gets crowded and your either camping repops or you have some jerk camping your proc'ed mobs if heaven forbid u aggroed 2 mobs by mistake. WoE is a lot less stressful unlike an Aello where someone makes a mistake and some wiesenheimer decides to yell and make drama and belittle someone.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-05-17 11:35:56  
Well, just saying, you can do them :P
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-17 11:37:11  
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said: »
WoE is a lot less stressful unlike an Aello where someone makes a mistake and some wiesenheimer decides to yell and make drama and belittle someone.

This uh ... sounds like a personal problem ... not a justification for doing WoE.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-05-17 11:41:19  
To be fair the Harpeia mobs just suck in general.

One aoe without damage taken-% gear up or no fanatics and people die. Unbelievably cheap.
[+]
By Kyler 2012-05-17 13:29:47  
I always liked (and still do) WoE. I mean you can't exactly just pick up and do it anytime, but I've just searched the zone for the past few weeks and if anyone is in there I will go join them. At one point I even was bored enough to dual box the Hydra flux and won 2/4 times. It's not exactly something you can schedule to do without any others assistance but the time obligation isn't all that much either. With the new system you can alternate between 2 flux's or just wait out the 10 minute cool down, neither is that detrimental unless you are doing it at 5 am and pass out @.@
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-05-17 14:07:03  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said: »
WoE is a lot less stressful unlike an Aello where someone makes a mistake and some wiesenheimer decides to yell and make drama and belittle someone.

This uh ... sounds like a personal problem ... not a justification for doing WoE.

Why not? There is a lot less drama doing WoE than P/U VW sometimes! I just hate hearing people freak out during a VW fight. Yeah someone made a mistake, now stfu and keep fighting and lets try to win. The only time there is yelling in WoE is if someone pulls a bunch of aggro with them and mpk's everyone.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-17 14:08:40  
Quote:
Quote:
The only time there is yelling in WoE is if someone pulls a bunch of aggro with them and mpk's everyone every other WoE run that happens.

Fixed.

Edit: Seriously. When there are a ton of pet jobs in WoE, this happens all the time, I swear.
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-17 14:11:24  
Or when someone kites the mob at 1% till they un weaken to get the killshot, pulls the mob within AoE range of the mages, or feeds tp like it's going out of style to the mob with spells. Honestly outside of procs there's a lot less to worry about in VW with Tonics.
By fyreus 2012-05-18 21:04:24  
I think most avoid WoE because it's far easier to get your Lv99 empy than it is to get your Lv95 WoE weapon. You can find 99 to 3k heavy metals but for every 3,000 metals you will find 3 devious die and liminous residue in bazaars.

Balance.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-05-18 21:21:46  
Sweet flux 15 shout this evening!