フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 449 450 451
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-29 18:13:53  
Even for damage, it's less time you need to stop swinging to reapply haste. Adds up to more than you get out of enchainment

The +100% DEF for 2m 10s from Harden Shell is also extremely nice, comes out around a 50% reduction in physical damage.
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-05-29 22:23:54  
Assuming you can actually make use of the attack, how far ahead is moonshade/brutal over delve DA earrings (or whatever would be the next best) for requiescat? I'm thinking of changing moonshade to refresh since that's the only WS I even use it for anymore.
 Sylph.Chocobro
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2014-06-05 12:57:15  
Is it just me, or is the aquaveil from Carcharian Verge extremely good? I feel like that thing never wears off before the 15 minutes.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-05 14:22:40  
they changed it a while back to only use a charge if a spell would be interrupted, and they changed the level correction offset the extreme level of interruptions we were getting on high level mobs. that said, it's a ul spell, so it may be more potent than the standard variety of aquaviel, but it would be hard to test.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-06-09 16:16:32  
Was thinking of pathB on Quaxxo body,hands,legs and feet for the acc/pdt and was wondering how does it impact the sets posted on the guide since you recommend path A?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-09 16:44:03  
if you're only able to do one path, it puts skirmish +1 back on top for most of those slots, but it's basically a tradeoff. you use one set or the other as a dd set and one as a dt/hybrid set. the biggest advantage to delve gear is that the price for the desired augments is fixed, iuitl augments are somewhat random and could cost nothing or significantly more.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-12 05:01:37  
CDC just got a lot more attractive again
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-12 05:03:48  
Everyone should wear this when using CdC

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-12 05:05:54  
maths show it coming closer to Req, but still won't beat it with sufficient buffs

nvm I'm a big dumb, I have CDC overtaking Req until around 2.1 ratio, significantly higher than before. this makes Req almost useless unless you have balls-to-the-walls buffs or require non-elemental dmg, and Req doesn't beat it by much. Frees up some merits. Also worth noting that the Sanguine Blade buff needs to be tested, but I doubt it will overtake.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-12 05:12:22  
W-will my Almace be useful again? ;_;

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-12 05:20:08  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
W-will my Almace be useful again? ;_;

doesn't do much to make Almace more attractive since this works for every weapon ):

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Also Prothescar does the adjustment make Expiacion more attractive at all?

still pretty terrible

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-12 05:35:52  
Bad fTP until 300, WSC is still low. Has no special qualities at all. Makes having to use it to unlock AM3 less painful, nothing else.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-12 05:48:16  
Hm. I thought the reason Almace fell behind was due to Requiescat simply having a much larger lead over CDC so it made more sense to use a higher D weapon while you're "forced" to use CDC with Almace to warrant its use. But, if CDC will be seeing more use, would 30% ODD 20 DEX not match 21D 7 STR 10 Att / 21D 7 DEX?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-12 05:51:34  
You're looking at around a 13-15% increase in melee phase damage in exchange for reduced weaponskill damage. DEX Uson and Almace have the same ACC, so no losses or gains there. Almace has 4 less acc than DEX uson, so minor loss there. Almace has a small lead in dDEX.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-06-12 08:07:17  
How much magic damage would the elemental WS adjustment need to add to make sanguine blade competitive?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-13 12:51:56  
With the news that alpha correction is being removed, I went back and calculated again. I used a very weak target to give Requiescat as much of an advantage as possible; the odds of finding something weaker than this in Adoulin are slim to none. This also assumes 5/5 Requiescat merits. This is also assuming 100% uptime Nat. Meditation, Red Curry Buns, Frightful Roar/Benthic Typhoon, and Dia II. Suffice to say, I gave Requiescat as much of an advantage as I possibly could and it still didn't come far ahead of CDC.

Target stats: 700DEF, 600EVA, 120VIT, 120AGI

OLD -> NEW (Percent change)

Chant du Cygne: 4242 -> 5300 (+25%)

Requiescat: 4864 -> 5323 (+9%)

Difference between new CDC and new Req: 0.4% in conditions favorable to Requiescat.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-13 13:01:16  
I know it wasn't mentioned and more than likely wont be touched this coming update but.....

If Weaponskills are getting an overhaul shouldn't Physical Blue Spells be getting this same overhaul with regard to Attribute/TP modifications and Chain Affinity/Azure Lore?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-13 13:01:42  
Perhaps I'll finally have to break down and get a Thundersoul ring.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I know it wasn't mentioned and more than likely wont be touched this coming update but.....

If Weaponskills are getting an overhaul shouldn't Physical Blue Spells be getting this same overhaul with regard to Attribute/TP modifications and Chain Affinity/Azure Lore?

They should be getting their alpha removed as well, yes.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2014-06-13 13:08:58  
So the str and accuracy from the new pants trump the blu skill on af3 pants for physical spells? Just came back from a year long break.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-13 13:11:27  
They're for Efflux and skill dependent buffs only until they get reforged.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-13 13:17:27  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

99.99% chance that we won't see WSC or fTP changes to spells, but as Kyte said we might get alpha correction removed. I'm not entirely certain they'll do that even, though.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-13 21:23:22  
I have some faith that they will, because if they don't then they'll just end up needing to remove it eventually anyways. They also have to make more spells for us sooner or later and having that inconsistency in there would just make it harder on them.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-13 21:25:16  
I s'pose. Still hoping for a lot of things concerning blue magic; it's so horribly impotent atm and not even being able to use most of them for their useful debuffs is a huge nail in the coffin. Maybe when we do get our next set of spells we'll see further adjustments.

Honestly, the cost of time it takes to stop and cast spells, needing to actually manage MP, and the fact that they feed so much TP ends up being enough of a price on spells... we don't need them to be super weak. Let blue magic attack mirror main hand attack or something.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-06-13 23:22:20  
With these huge adjustments to WS in an attempt to make a more diverse arsenal, I'm hoping that MAYBE this is a first step to making all the pointless BLU magic spells worthwhile.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-06-15 20:12:50  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I s'pose. Still hoping for a lot of things concerning blue magic; it's so horribly impotent atm and not even being able to use most of them for their useful debuffs is a huge nail in the coffin. Maybe when we do get our next set of spells we'll see further adjustments.

Honestly, the cost of time it takes to stop and cast spells, needing to actually manage MP, and the fact that they feed so much TP ends up being enough of a price on spells... we don't need them to be super weak. Let blue magic attack mirror main hand attack or something.
It does (sort of). I mean you do get the base attack from the +sword skill on main hand to damage, or did you mean something else?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-15 21:04:16  
Like, actual main hand attack score being mirrored completely. i.e. if I have 1800 attack for my sword, I have 1800 attack for my magic too.

Will never ever happen, but would be fun.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 14:53:31  
Updated CDC sets to reflect tonight's changes. Requiescat hasn't changed, will add more weaponskills if the need arises but I don't foresee that being the case. Also, in case it wasn't evident already, DEX Usonmunku is even more useful now, it outpaces STR Uson in almost every activity at this point, even if you aren't benefiting from the accuracy. SuperFodder stuff will still see benefit from STR path Uson since you'd want to use Req on that still, but meh.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 449 450 451