users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 449 450 451
By Zubrin 2014-05-18 21:39:02  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Zubrin said: »
who has a fully augmented delve2 sword? need you to do something for me when you have time, my sub is expired and won't be renewed until the may update, but I need to check something regarding the base damage of this thing. Only takes a couple minutes

I have one of each for A and B, if that matters. I'd be happy to help test whatever.

didn't see this until just now. It's an easy test, can use either one of the swords. Go to ronfaure and hit the rabbits outside of the gate. Kill about 100 of them and give me the highest damage crit and highest damage normal hit that you get from it.

Highest crit was 496, highest normal was 431.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-18 21:57:22  
thanks. with that and my samples I've concluded that Usonmunku has abnormally high D compared to other delve aug weapons, rather than a typo'd lower-than-shown D that brings it in line with other such weapons. it's the only one with a DPS as high as it is so it was suspect
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-05-19 07:46:01  
I have a question, but it's a stupid one. When using the DD spell set which spells do I cast?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-19 07:59:25  
if you're in a party, you will cast delta for plague, maybe a few others depending on particular damage resistances or you could spam a few while you're bound out of range waiting for an erase. dd sets are generally for job traits, damage comes from your swords.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-05-19 08:38:53  
Cool I thought I was messing up. I just need to get myself better weapons and completely unlock CDC.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-19 12:06:17  
Swords are key, but requiescat is going to be your go to ws in most party play, so make sure you have meritted and geared well.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-05-19 12:26:31  
It's fully merited. Slowly but surely my Requiescat gear is being full. I just can't believe that my almost full skirmish gear nq monk is out dpsing my Blu.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-19 12:27:31  
thanks. with that and my samples I've concluded that Usonmunku has abnormally high D compared to other delve aug weapons, rather than a typo'd lower-than-shown D that brings it in line with other such weapons. it's the only one with a DPS as high as it is so it was suspect

So wait doesn't that put total D at like 158 (including fSTR), which is right 135 + 23 (ie the damgage augment adds to fSTR cap)
By Narvosa 2014-05-22 08:20:43  
Has anyone tested/Know if we are able to achieve higher tiers of some of the older job traits? Like acc/attack I could have sworn I read that it was being added but havn't noticed much difference when equipping 16 points in acc or atk.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-22 10:21:11  
Odin.Jassik said: »
if you're in a party, you will cast delta for plague, maybe a few others depending on particular damage resistances or you could spam a few while you're bound out of range waiting for an erase. dd sets are generally for job traits, damage comes from your swords.

Even in a specialized DD set you should have Winds of Promy set so you have your own erase anyway, no need to be waiting.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-22 10:51:11  
Asura.Calatilla said: »

Even in a specialized DD set you should have Winds of Promy set so you have your own erase anyway, no need to be waiting.

Why set a spell that gets basically no use in high level party play? If you have played recently, you'll see people flee hack right through town. Winds of Promy is 5 set points and offers one part of a very expensive and niche job trait and 3MND. Dart is 2 set points, offers max HP boost on its own, and gives 3STR/DEX. So, on the basis of DD prowess, Dart is a good spell to set even if you don't cast it, Winds isn't. In the rare occurence where bind is anything more than an annoyance, winds is nice to have, but I don't typically set many support spells unless I'm with a group I don't trust.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-22 12:37:04  
I typically set Benthic Typhoon -10% def and -10 MDB is good for all
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-25 01:44:49  
Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »

So wait doesn't that put total D at like 158 (including fSTR), which is right 135 + 23 (ie the damgage augment adds to fSTR cap)

yes, which is bizarre since normally damage augments don't add to fSTR cap.

--------------------------

since there's a lot of confusion regarding the new trait system, i've updated the trait section.
By amadis 2014-05-25 05:10:14  
so would 2 of the new delve swords beat having bura offhand?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-25 05:25:10  
Quote:
Usonmunku
In an unexpected turn of events, a new competitor has emerged for iLvl 119 swords. Boasting astonishing base damage and a slightly lower delay than other 119 swords, we've got ourselves a new powerful option for mainhand swords. After being augmented using Airlixirs, you can give this guy a bonus of 3 base damage, 10 attack, and 7 STR, pushing it above Anahera by a significant amount. Though no one has reported it yet, I also wager that the second augment path becomes an extra 3 base damage, 10 accuracy, and 7 DEX, making it amazing for low accuracy situations. This sword does not replace Buramenk'ah for offhand normally, however if your accuracy is severely uncapped, wielding two DEX Usonmunku would be the best way to go. It replaces Anahera Saber for every situation in existence besides magic damage builds.

Buramenk'ah
A fantastic offhand sword, or the second best non-RME mainhand if you can't afford an Usonmunku. In any situation where accuracy isn't severely uncapped, Bura is the best offhand sword currently available. It's obtained from Delve I -- Tojil in Morimar Basalt Fields.

need to update uson a bit but it still says when to use it in offhand
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-05-25 07:58:54  
I have a question Prothescar. I am a bit confused by this line in your guide Iuitl Mask and Iuitl Tights must be augmented with 2DA. I just got my mask to get the following stats Dbl.Atk +2, phys.dmg. taken -4% and magic dmg. taken -2%. Is this the right stats you meant by that line or is it possible to get dlb.atk on the same piece twice?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-25 08:01:16  
NQ skirmish gear can get 2 augments, HQ can get 3, but they can't get DA+2 more than once on the same piece. That line means it needs to have DA+2 to be the best in that slot.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-25 09:44:04  
Has anyone bothered to do the D caps for any of the higher level physical spells?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-25 10:25:04  
Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Has anyone bothered to do the D caps for any of the higher level physical spells?

Proth said he hadn't even retested many of the abyssea era spells since they came out to see if we can reach the cap on them now. Not sure if he has tested them recently, but I haven't seen any updates to the wiki.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-05-25 23:40:44  
Sylph.Nikia said: »
For self cures I was adding in more VIT thinking it would help more then MND, is that right?
Based on BG Wiki, no.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-25 23:52:20  
This is what I cure in, probably not optimal, but it's good for ~680HP and decent recast. I've contemplated swapping out a few of the low level pieces like moogle head for something iLvl, but I don't find myself struggling due to low HP cures or interruptions.

ItemSet 324054

And, like Ono said, 2 VIT is about equal to 1 MND for self cures.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-05-26 08:45:21  
I have a question, i ended up by doing 2 different sets to use QQ as CA part with requiescat or solo spell using af119 feet for the CA and relic119 for the solo, now im wondering whether could be uselful to use relic119 body on CA set to use the Enchaint. effect bonus (im 4/5 merits on it). What you think?
Thanks
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-05-26 09:18:13  
And, like Ono said, 2 VIT is equal to 1 MND for cures.

Fixed- I don't understand why self cures are being specified for the VIT relationship; we aren't dancers.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-26 09:21:37  
Siren.Kyte said: »
And, like Ono said, 2 VIT is about equal to 1 MND for cures.

Fixed- I don't understand why we're specifying self cures; we aren't dancers.

Well, mostly for things like Buremte gloves vs Witherspoon +1. I know the formula isn't different, but you can control your own VIT. For self target, Buremte are better, for party members, Witherspoon are better. I have mostly had only one cure set until recently, but don't bother carrying the cure effect received rings or waist. I guess you could make a case for it now with the wardrobe.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-05-29 04:50:37  
Bump for Prothescar
I have a question, i ended up by doing 2 different sets to use QC as CA part with requiescat or solo spell using af119 feet for the CA and relic119 for the solo, now im wondering whether could be uselful to use relic119 body on CA set to use the Enchaint. effect bonus (im 4/5 merits on it), or what still body af+1 wins? What you think?
Thanks
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-29 05:04:57  
stick to assimilator's; with 4/5 enchainment merits you're getting 60TP from Chain Affinity with Luhlaza body, plus whatever you have left after WS. The extra base damage from skill and WSC on AF body either neutralizes or overtakes depending on how much TP you actually have left from WS and swings before using QC. luhlaza would be better if you needed the acc, but you really shouldn't be casting spells on things high enough that acc is an issue anyway.

tbh I'd suggest you get rid of enchainment altogether, Diffusion 5/5 is a lot more useful.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-05-29 08:24:38  
Well its useful only for animating tbh or eventually cocoon, but worth to put in 5/5? Ummmm....
By Ophannus 2014-05-29 08:34:22  
Yeah Enchainment seems kinda useless these days except maybe for low manning stuff with 6 ppl. If you're at or near haste cap, probably lose DPS by using Chain Affinity and Casting(not to mention the chances of your self SC being interrupted is pretty high in an 18man fight)

Also 5/5 Diffusion is +20% duration and AF2 Feet is +25 too. So together it's +45% duration and probably best used with Nature's Meditation on bosses I would think. It would make it last an extra 45 seconds or so which isn't bad for AoE +20% attack. If used on Animating Wail its about 7.5 minute duration which is kinda neat too.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-29 18:11:50  
Backline really appreciate the 7.5 minute AOE haste, they are more apt to get off -nas and cures when they don't have to think about haste cycle. Its not all about damage (is it?)
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 449 450 451