2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 246 247 248 ... 449 450 451
By lhova 2015-12-28 10:40:25  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I heard that the new stats for Tizona were released, anyone have images or the numbers for it now?

For the Corse (Herc Feet), I use Amchuchu, an AoE WHM, another WHM trust, Koru-Moru, and Qultada can help you out too with Light Shot on Koru's Dia III plus the Chaos Rolls.

The key to the fight is to set Blank Gaze and use it at least when Corse has stacked 2 Memento Mori, I'll often use even after 1 Memento Mori to be safe. Saline Coat is recommended right before the final 10% where you'll want spam Blank Gaze, and potentially White Wind / Diamondhide in between casts. If you just spam those, he'll eventually stop being in Chainspell mode and you can finish him off. Alternatively, you can save up TP and damage for when he pops Chainspell and just try and finish him up quick.

The Soulflayer is a bit more random as Azure Lore can pretty much 2 shot one of your tanks. I'd suggest bringing multiple tanks so they can buffer as you deal as much damage as possible. Key to this fight is just to kill it before it uses Azure Lore too many times - at least in my experience.

His sleep sucks especially when the trusts stay in range
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-28 15:39:59  
Earth day wait for Arrapago is cockblocking my 119 progress. Dumb. :|

intrloper said: »
Was wondering for CDC and maybe Expiacion would NQ Adhemar Gamashes or Herc boot(ACC+13 ATT+6 WSD+5%) be best? I know it is somewhat dependent on other slots but trying to figure out which is best since not going for HQ abj items.

I am looking to match the Top Tier sets as much as possible just again no HQ abj items.

Any info would be thanked.
Adhemar for CDC for sure, probably for Expiacion as well. The WSD aug might be competitive for 3000 TP Expiacion given its high fTP, but I'd argue in favor of pursuing better augments instead.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-28 15:41:13  
I actually walked around my office in a small Clark Griswold style rant when I found out you had to wait 1 earth day per Chariot kill for the one trial.

That was downright unfair lol.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-12-28 16:31:58  
I've been horrendously sick so I hadn't gotten my Sarameya Trials done yet. I thought the salvage part would be a 2 hour trial set thing... ; ;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-28 17:07:20  
Thereoid Greaves are more powerful than NQ Adhemar and HQ Adhemar, unless you have 3+ pieces of the HQ set. Excellent Herculean can beat Thereoid, but you really need some phenomenal augments. Their main drawback is a complete lack of accuracy, so building Herculean feet with crit rate or crit damage and some good DEX/acc is a very good idea.

Path A is just fine for Adhemar. Content is getting more and more evasive, so having that extra accuracy is beneficial.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-28 17:32:33  
I can't see any augs beating out Thereoid Greaves, crit hit and crit dmg?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-28 17:45:13  
You're looking at 11+ DEX, 25+ acc/atk, and 4 crit rate to barely edge out Thereoid. However, Herc are superb for accuracy CDC sets.

Head, body, and hands are still excellent for TP. Head is edged out slightly by a perfect 4TA Herculean, but not by much. However, head is ridiculously good for CDC.

Body is basically unmatched when using DW3 because of the extra DW and TA on it.

Hands are great, but will be edged out by 4TA Herculean.

Altogether, NQ Adhemar is still excellent, but CAN be beaten by Herculean. However, that requires tons of farming and even more luck, so it's up to you.

This gearing all assumes no Tizona. If you do have a mythic, gearing changes somewhat, with a larger focus on STP and a bit more crit.

Odin.Slore said: »
I can't see any augs beating out Thereoid Greaves, crit hit and crit dmg?
Yes, it's very difficult to beat. However, Herc has the chance for a large amount of additional DEX, on top of a base 2 TA and the chance for crit rate or damage, which, combined, does edge out Thereoid.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-28 18:46:31  
The main thing is that Adhemar hands blow past even perfect Herculean if you have Tizona. Herculean feet with 4TA are still the best option. Gearsets with a mythic don't change drastically for 1handers like they do for 2handers, just a few swaps here and there. Lupine>Bleating, Adhemar hands> Herc, stuff like that.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-28 22:28:15  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
The main thing is that Adhemar hands blow past even perfect Herculean if you have Tizona. Herculean feet with 4TA are still the best option. Gearsets with a mythic don't change drastically for 1handers like they do for 2handers, just a few swaps here and there. Lupine>Bleating, Adhemar hands> Herc, stuff like that.

Good, I've always been preferential to Adhemar Hands over Herculean. And even before, I liked using the Aetosaur Gloves +1 despite its effect on your iLvl.

I think you've answered this and I think I know the answer but, for head with CDC with Mythic which would be better for most situations? Herc head with 10 DEX, 27 Acc, 29 Att, WSD +1 or NQ Adhemhar?

My guess is that I'd use the Adhemar for any situation that I didn't need lots of accuracy.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-28 23:10:00  
Adhemar head shits on that Herc head.

Not sure why people keep accepting WSD augments, considering it is worthless for most jobs
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-28 23:12:40  
i always go for crit hit dmg on herc, except for a pair of feet i have that i got like 27acc and 27 att with 15 dex
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-28 23:21:22  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Not sure why people keep accepting WSD augments, considering it is worthless for most jobs

I kept it for the acc/att/dex augments to be honest. I wasn't like: "Oh awesome! Finally 1% WSD!"
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-28 23:24:13  
Yeah, WSD is pretty poopy for CDC. If you get something with STR and WSD, go for it for Savage and Expiacion, but you want DEX and either crit rate or crit damage on your CDC piece. TA works, too, but crit will edge it out.

Adhemar head is basically unmatched for CDC when you don't need the accuracy. It just has basically everything you could want for CDC. Ridiculously good piece.

For my magic haste capped set, I use Adhemar body and Brutal/Suppa to basically cap delay. For Tizona users, Cessance/Suppa might be superior, but I haven't checked recently.

If I only have the 30% from Flutter, I have Adhemar body, a pair of Herculean hands with 4 DW, Herculean boots with 6 DW, Eabani/Suppa earrings, and Reiki Yotai in the waist to cap delay.
You can mix and match whatever pieces you'd like, I just chose hands and feet since they offered the least significant DPS loss in comparison to Adhemar head and Samnuha tights. Just remember that you need 56% DW, including traits, to cap delay while you have 30% magic haste.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-29 01:35:23  
If you can get high STR/acc/atk and DEX/acc/atk Herculean, they'll all probably be better. I haven't kept up to date on physical spells because I basically never touch them outside of soloing.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-12-29 04:34:12  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

I've been waiting for them to show up on mage builds for Sanguine Blade. So far it only showed up for head and well you know...
By lhova 2015-12-29 09:16:56  
I just really wanted to give a shout out to Asura!! I've only been on this server for a day but in that day I was able to join a CP pug that got me 110 CP's (in about an hour), Tanmoy +1 Pug Sarama spam, Yorcia delves spam and I got my Herc boots (15 Dex, 28 Acc best so far). I use to beg for hours upon hours in my old server. Asura rocks and everyone seems interested in actually doing things with people versus doing it with themselves!

Side note, do certain stones target certain stats for Herc Melee? Trying to get max Dex/Acc/Att on my boots. Next up need to Pakecet spam for Alm body and need Colada.

ItemSet 338064
 Asura.Lukee
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Lukee 2015-12-29 10:33:59  
We look after our BLUs, here.
By Luminohelix 2015-12-29 10:44:42  
Asura.Lukee said: »
Not all :(

Post deleted by User.
By Luminohelix 2015-12-29 12:14:22  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Luminohelix said: »
Asura.Lukee said: »
Not all :(

Some people are picky.
Good thing BLU can't be picky!
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-29 12:26:32  
lhova said: »
I just really wanted to give a shout out to Asura!! I've only been on this server for a day but in that day I was able to join a CP pug that got me 110 CP's (in about an hour), Tanmoy +1 Pug Sarama spam, Yorcia delves spam and I got my Herc boots (15 Dex, 28 Acc best so far). I use to beg for hours upon hours in my old server. Asura rocks and everyone seems interested in actually doing things with people versus doing it with themselves!

Side note, do certain stones target certain stats for Herc Melee? Trying to get max Dex/Acc/Att on my boots. Next up need to Pakecet spam for Alm body and need Colada.

ItemSet 338064

Finally we been telling u for a year now. Lol

Refer to this for stones guide
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126969-Reisenjima-Augments-Thread!
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-29 12:44:21  
Just got my first Colada, dropped about 80 stones came away with dmg 13 dex 14 acc 18 att 4 crit hit rate 1%. Not bad its a start
By Clinpachi 2015-12-29 13:19:16  
Odin.Slore said: »
Just got my first Colada, dropped about 80 stones came away with dmg 13 dex 14 acc 18 att 4 crit hit rate 1%. Not bad its a start

Congrats /'-'/~
First Page 2 3 ... 246 247 248 ... 449 450 451