フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 244 245 246 ... 449 450 451
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-19 22:59:34  
I've had some really good luck with lowman Marjami Delve. It's nice too since both the drops there are pretty expensive, plus getting 180k Plasm from just the boss.

I usually try and get:
1. A solid SCH for SCs, Helix, and heavy nukes
2. A decent BLU or BST mostly for AoEing adds, BLU typically works better especially for Burst Affinity with SCH
3. Optionally another magic damage dealer. I say optionally because you can just bring a mule and would be fine if you had the above, just takes a little longer.

Bring Amchuchu, WHM trust, and RDM trust helps but can really use any other third trust.

BLU can WS on Broxa while casting, Silence the Chainspeller, Ice on most bosses, Earth on the boss

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-20 23:47:26  
What's better a tanmogayi +1 or a good augmented colada? And what type of augment beats tanmogayi? D18 dex 10 ac attack 20+?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-21 00:08:32  
Dual Coladas with excellent augments (D15+, ~10DEX, ~15acc/atk, 3DA OR 3 STP OR 3 crit rate) are our best swords sans mythic at the moment. I can't specify which supplementary augment is going to be best as it changes with your other gear.

If you want to replace Tanmogayi +1 without using a second Colada, keeping a Nibiru in the offhand, you're going to need to get one Hell of a Colada. I mean basically perfect. 16+ DMG, 12+ DEX, 20acc/atk, 2+ crit. It can happen, but I haven't seen anything even close out of over 2,500 stones, now. The huge base damage, massive accuracy, and high crit rate on Tanmogayi +1 are very hard to replace, so only using a mainhand Colada requires that thing to be an absolute monster.

As an aside, very sorry for the lack of updates as of late. Some family medical emergencies have come up as of recently, so a large amount of my time has been dedicated to that. And with the holidays upon us, that means even more family gatherings and all that jazz, so my time I normally spend here hasn't been existing. I promise I'll get things updated as soon as I can, and I appreciate all of the patience you can muster in the meantime.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-21 06:40:57  
Thanks oraen. And definitely no need to apologize. We thank you very much for your free guide and answers.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-24 03:25:17  
Grekumah said:
Recently I’ve been playing in my spare time, so I’m sure I’ll be on chipping away at unlocking Tizona over the break.
Grekumah confirmed BLU.
By Yandaime 2015-12-24 05:28:16  
Hello, all. I was curious if it's possible to solo Sinister Reign? I was on break when SR was booming and I missed the wave. There are almost never any english speaking shouts here and it's basically, Solo it with my WHM mule or bust lol.

I figure BLU is probably one of the strongest contenders for Solo attempts. Or is SR too hard to attempt?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-24 05:40:22  
SR can definitely be soloed, but understand that it's not a very beginner-friendly fight. A lot of mobs have irritating mechanics or abilities. If you get the wrong NMs you could be completely screwed. Then again, if you get the right ones, it'll be a joke. You can absolutely do it, but don't get discouraged if you don't win right away. Just need to know what each NM does and plan accordingly.
[+]
By Yandaime 2015-12-24 05:44:15  
Interesting, I'll start making attempts at it then. There's quite a few things I need from there
By Yandaime 2015-12-24 18:45:27  
Are there any solo guides for SR anywhere? I went in as BLU/RUN with
WHM Mule - Keeps my debuffs off and does the bulk of the healing
Amchuchu - Does a pretty good job of holding hate. Every once in a blue moon she'll get one-shotted unfortunately.
Yoran-Oran - Backup healing and keeps debuffs off of Amchu
Kuyin/Gessho
Kuyin for the free Acc Bonus and Gessho when August pops. Gives one free target for August to 1-shot. Although I can probably drop Yoran too and have 3 sacrifices..

Has anyone else been doing this?
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-24 18:48:59  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Grekumah said:
Recently I’ve been playing in my spare time, so I’m sure I’ll be on chipping away at unlocking Tizona over the break.
Grekumah confirmed BLU.

Who doesn't have blu these days :p
 Valefor.Kensagaku
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-12-24 20:45:00  
I've been doing SR solo, so far I've only had one success in about six runs. My usual setup is going BLU/RUN with the following Trusts: August (Tank), Iroha II / Selh'teus (AoE healing/MP Restoral from Rejuvenation), King of Hearts (Refresh II, fast -nas/Erase, backup cures), and Apururu (Healing).

My one win so far was Ingrid, Rosulatia, and Sajj'aka, so I had a moderately easy time. None of the T1s were a problem at all; Ingrid and Darrcuiln did some moderately powerful AoE hits, but Iroha/Selh'teus dealt with it without problems. Arciela was laughable. I completely ignored Ygnas and bowled her over.

I haven't yet gotten Morimar, and I have yet to beat Teodor, but Rosualtia isn't too bad so long as you are careful. Take out the Cirrus first, and then take her down to 50%. From there I tend to weave in and out between TP moves to avoid the chance of being charmed, which has happened at least once and cost me the run. Selh'teus spamming Rejuvenation helps, as he builds my TP from out of range after each AoE my Trusts eat.

My difficulties thus far have been with August, for obvious reasons, and Teodor. August, I've actually managed to get down to about 33%. The first No Quarter I was out of the way but all my trusts ate it; only Apururu died. If I had been there the damage would have been low enough for her to survive as well, so I imagine this is doable... at least, during the Alter Ego Expo. No idea how to stop No Quarter otherwise. Otherwise he poses no real threat. Teodor's big thing was that he did a lot of quick damage, and a Frenzied Thrust with poor Trust placement killed Iroha, Selh'teus, and Apururu all at once.

So yeah! SR is totally soloable, and with Sublime Sushi I could hit everything pretty easy in my standard set as opposed to my accuracy sets. You can get a bit screwed by circumstances though; I'm not looking forward to a third wave Arciela dropping a Marine Mayhem on my team. As a note, remember that you have time between waves to resummon 1-2 trusts depending on your speed; use it to fill your healer's MP or reset Convert and the like. It makes a difference from time to time.

Edit: Rolled a Teodor, he's laughably easy with my setup as long as everyone's not dying to Frenzied Thrust due to proper positioning. And I may have August down soon, now that I know I can outrange No Quarter; had him to 25% this run, ran out of MP when all my trusts died, though. Need to finish my Tizona. :<

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-24 22:29:18  
Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
August, I've actually managed to get down to about 33%. The first No Quarter I was out of the way but all my trusts ate it; only Apururu died. If I had been there the damage would have been low enough for her to survive as well, so I imagine this is doable... at least, during the Alter Ego Expo. No idea how to stop No Quarter otherwise.
Diamondhide->White Wind?

Speaking of which, are there any known caps for our various Stoneskin-esque spells?
 Valefor.Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-12-24 23:10:44  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Grekumah said:
Grekumah confirmed BLU.

BSTs.

Hey, I still play my BST. :P
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-25 07:26:41  
Grekumah said:
Grekumah confirmed BLU.

BSTs.

Hey I have both. When you have blue there's kinda no reason to play bst. It's just so much stronger. The main draw was that awesome revitalizer that made bst fun again but then they took it away and while I'm still 40 kills from 20k kill to unlock I don't see a reason to unlock it now. That super revitalizer however benefits blue now. Diffision mighty guard every fight. So nice to swing so fast. I hope they bring the revitalizer back in a future campaign.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-12-25 09:39:31  
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Grekumah said:
Grekumah confirmed BLU.

BSTs.

Hey I have both. When you have blue there's kinda no reason to play bst. It's just so much stronger. The main draw was that awesome revitalizer that made bst fun again but then they took it away and while I'm still 40 kills from 20k kill to unlock I don't see a reason to unlock it now. That super revitalizer however benefits blue now. Diffision mighty guard every fight. So nice to swing so fast. I hope they bring the revitalizer back in a future campaign.

Sure there is: for fun, as it should be with any job in the game. I enjoy playing my BLU, and if I need to progress/clear something/challenge myself, I love doing it on BLU. But sometimes I like to derp around on BST. Or my <100 JP PUP. Or SMN. Or SCH. Not arguing that BLU isn't far stronger (because there's no argument to be had there), but there's always a reason to play the things you enjoy. :P
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-25 21:20:58  
Can somebody explain why sometimes when I'm casting nukes like Tenebral Crush, do my Luhluza Charuqs +1 and/or Assimilator's Shalwar +1 equip instead of my Amalric? Many thanks!

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-12-25 21:28:11  
Do you have Diffusion or Burst Affinity active?
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-25 21:41:42  
//gs showswaps
//gs showswaps confirms the wrong equipment. I've checked already.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Do you have Diffusion or Burst Affinity active?
No, neither were active, but possibly recently used.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-12-25 21:54:47  
That's the only thing I can see.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-25 21:58:11  
It's really random, I can't see why it happens only sometimes. I just tried replicating it and nothing. Used Diffusion+Battery Charge, then casted Crush on an NPC and it equipped the correct nuking gear.

Idgi ><;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-26 00:50:00  

Finished my new lockstyle!

On a serious note, any recommended camps for trials?
[+]
 Asura.Oronyx
サーバ: Asura
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2015-12-26 00:54:47  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Finished my new lockstyle!

On a serious note, any suggested camps for trials?

Congrats!

I did frogs in abyssea misareaux for aquans

observers in abyssea altepa (could also do grauberg) for arcana

altepa mandies (do the shield block pull and go against a wall) for plantoids

altepa misareaux #7 raptors same as above, pull towards a wall for lizards

might not be the best camps but did mine pretty quickly there :)
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-26 03:47:24  
Looks good, congrats.
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-12-26 04:30:16  
Welcome to the club!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-12-26 08:51:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
On a serious note, any recommended camps for trials?
Grats. I just finished my kill trials and I did:

Vermin: Murian Chigoes in Abyssea - Attohwa by conflux 7 (Not great but they are plentiful and basically pull themselves and at this point I didn't need killshots so it went okay).
Aquans: Jasconius in Abyssea - Vunkerl by conflux 3.
Arcana: Bonfires in Abyssea - Altepa by conflux 8.
Plantoids: speltercaps in Abyssea - Vunkerl by conflux 8.
Lizards: Atrociraptors in Abyssea - Misareaux by conflux 7.

Most of my choices were based on mob HP so that on average, they would be at 10-30% hp by the time I got TP for Expiacion. I did occasionally have to adjust atma and cruor buffs to help make sure I didn't kill them too fast. I tried to avoid changing my gear since most of it was to get TP as quickly as possible.
First Page 2 3 ... 244 245 246 ... 449 450 451