The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 446 447 448
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-03 11:08:04  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I think we could use a place to get that FFX Tidus sword dat for our BLUs that Draylo has used. >:D

http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=148
(You need to make an account to see the download link iirc)
By jaegar 2015-09-03 15:55:10  
Also, I have written a crappy BLU play style guide. It may be of use to someone learning BLU. Any suggestions or corrections are welcome.

Hey, been meaning to reply to this for a few days but not had chance to do it. (Total lie, I have, I've just forgotten or been too busy choosing and then eating food! mmmmm food! I want food now... Eep, I digress)

Just wanna say thank you Floppy, the guide you made is not crappy at all and I can tell that you've put a lot of work and effort into creating it!!

I have been playing FFXI since release in Europe with several breaks here and there when life got in the way. I consider myself an above average player with above average knowledge, but nowhere near what I would call elite blu badassness!

Your guide helped clarify a few things to me that I wasn't sure about, and too lazy to sift through numerous forum pages to find (again, food > reading)

So anyway, good job man and thanks for taking the time to compile it!

Also wanna join everyone else in saying thank you to Prothescar for starting this incredibly useful guide (been following it, though never posting for years now) and to Oraen for taking up the mantle of updating it for present time Bluemageyness!

You guys rock, as does everyone else that contributes to discussions on this thread to help make us all better BLU's!

And on that note, I shall now scurry back to where I came from and continue to think about, purchase and consume food!
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
サーバ: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-03 16:16:45  
Aside from a min of Cure potenty and received on Telchine, would you go for MND or enhancing skill duration? What about sno augments? And for Helios, at what point do the pieces beat Hagondes+1? Fast Cast or Spell interrupt? And the dusk augment?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-04 21:07:37  
I haven't tested, but I'm betting that for Burst Affinity the bonus damage from AF3 will be worth it. Otherwise, go for Amalric. Just depends on how much you see yourself using BA.
By oyama 2015-09-05 05:52:35  
Are the NQ Adhemar feet worth getting? I have some NQ hexed gamashes from nest of nightmares, but it will cost about 4M to synth into vexed and then about another mil to upgrade. The DEX and crit rate look sexy for cdc, but is it really worth it over taeon? I feel like my money could possibly be better spent elsewhere.
By Draylo 2015-09-05 18:12:20  
Should be using BA every time its up if you are nuking (outside of timing it with MB's.)

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-07 06:48:42  
Just some quick testing for Taeon v NQ Adhemar for CDC:

At capped attack ratio, Adhemar is 150-200 average damage ahead.
Without capped attack, Adhemar is 250-300 average damage ahead.

Take into consideration that this is looking at perfect Taeon boots (7STR/7DEX, 20acc/20atk, 2 TA). Personally, I spent more than 5m on my Taeon and am still less than perfect. The final decision is up to you, but NQ Adhemar are a bit stronger.

As for the entire set for the top-tier TP, NQ is still superior to other options, although the gap is less pronounced. As you get closer to attack cap, the set pulls ahead even further.

The allure of HQ Adhemar lies in the set bonus for CDC. At capped attack, HQ + Samnuha is approximately 1600 average damage ahead of NQ. Without capped attack, HQ + Samnuha is approximately 2000 average damage ahead. If you don't see yourself chasing the HQ, know that NQ are still very good options.
 Odin.Brocovich
サーバ: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2015-09-07 06:56:17  
thanks for maintaining the guide
it would be cool if you could add the NQ Adhemar pieces to your sets since HQ should be out of reach for most of us

what about:
Adhemar head (NQ) vs. Dampening tam
Adhemar feet (NQ) vs. Taeon
for CDC?
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-09-07 09:04:21  
Can someone spell out for me what spells i need to be effective on BLU. Burnt to 99 and learnt 4 low level spells so need to unlock pretty much everything >.>
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-07 09:45:48  
Can someone write down exactly what's needed for Adhemar or Almaric NQ pieces if you start from scratch? It's not really well written in patch notes...Confusing at the very least...
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-09-07 09:47:50  
Bahamut.Lordesequiel said: »
Can someone spell out for me what spells i need to be effective on BLU. Burnt to 99 and learnt 4 low level spells so need to unlock pretty much everything >.>
I'd start with the spells from the lists in the OP for the various spell sets. I find myself setting lots of weird things when I have spare points(like counter), but that is a good list to get you started.

Post deleted by User.
By oyama 2015-09-07 14:07:28  
The recipes for the vexed (119) pieces are on BG forums under crafting central, in the aug 5 update thread, first post of first page. The recipes for the hexed pieces are in ffxiclopedia.org

Most of the vexed adhemar stuff needs a macuil horn, eschite ore, and a UNM crafting drop like Warblade Beak Hide.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Brocovich
サーバ: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2015-09-07 14:30:47  
Odin.Brocovich said: »
thanks for maintaining the guide
it would be cool if you could add the NQ Adhemar pieces to your sets since HQ should be out of reach for most of us

what about:
Adhemar head (NQ) vs. Dampening tam
Adhemar feet (NQ) vs. Taeon
for CDC?

Lol he just answered the feet specifically.

As for your DD comparison, you lose accuracy to WS in these adhemar pieces. I always wonder where the tipping point is. For Sinister Reign I find myself going back to pieces like Taeon head for CDC and generally see more consistent numbers.

oh sorry, i meant hands, not feet...
not sure if acc is an issue since adhemar can get acc/DEX augments

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-07 15:05:27  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
As for the entire set for the top-tier TP, NQ is still superior to other options, although the gap is less pronounced. As you get closer to attack cap, the set pulls ahead even further.

But there are only 2 adhemar pieces in your top-tier set. Do you mean, if the body and hands are changed to NQ in the top-tier set, the set will still beat the high-tier set or whole NQ set will beat the high-tier set?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-07 15:07:36  
Yes. The HQ Adhemar in the top-tier can be replaced by NQ and the set will remain a better option than others. Don't forget that anything outside of the top-tier sets are not definitive sets, merely particularly solid pieces that work well. They aren't necessarily all meant to be used together.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-07 15:09:14  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Yes. The HQ Adhemar in the top-tier can be replaced by NQ and the set will remain a better option than others. Don't forget that anything outside of the top-tier sets are not definitive sets, merely particularly solid pieces that work well. They aren't necessarily all meant to be used together.

Alright, back to being disappointed in SR then XD I recently got a capped hat but have been very unlucky with the tights :(
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-07 15:18:11  
Max dampening still works amazingly well for TP and is your second best choice for CDC. Nothing to be disappointed with.

As far as accuracy concerns go with Adhemar, don't forget that the bonus DEX is fairly substantial for additional accuracy. Also, path A is not entirely too far behind path B. You still get the DEX, which is our most important stat, and you'll get some hefty accuracy on top of that. You'll lose STR and attack, but BLU is in a particularly good place when it comes to STR with spell stats and our attack is very high for 1handers with Meditation. Overall, B is your absolute best offensive option, but if you can't hit things it sure won't help all that much. If you're particularly insane, you can make path A NQ Adhemar and path B HQ. You know, if you have a couple billion lying around.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-08 07:49:31  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Sinister_Reign&%2Fbg%2FSinister_Reign=

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nolan
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-08 22:06:14  
I want to fix some stuff with the spreadsheet before I release the updated one. Take into consideration that I'm not sure how to add set bonuses or gifts/JPs. What I've been doing is just adjusting the trait tiers manually or changing the set bonus stats after the fact for each set. The information is still accurate, but I want to clean it up before I put it out there so people don't get confused over some of the issues.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-09-09 03:25:12  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48512

So the version update is next week, and shown in under battle adjustments, Blue Mages will gain new blu magic spells, but they haven't released a Job Adjustments page for us to know what new spells will be learn-able :/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-09-09 03:36:01  
hopefully fleshes out the missing monster families and gives us a few from some of the ones with lots of abilities (like Aern)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-09 03:38:57  
The 5 o'clock departure of the Hypetrain is now boarding. Please show your Mark of Zahak at the gate, and enjoy your ride as the best job in the game.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-09-09 06:00:51  
Must... get... Mighty Guard before the end...

Subtle Blow trait and TP Drainkiss would be nice too! (^.^)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 446 447 448