言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 449 450 451
By Ravenn42 2014-07-13 13:39:10  
Pup with whm frame? I assume just pummel the crap out of it?

Also I had the sword drop before and I unlocked the ws already but I dropped it a few years back. So I assume I need to get it again and do ws trials again?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-13 13:41:35  
I would say dynamis is better cash income than alex. Depending of good will of a stinky purse piss me.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-13 13:44:33  
Yes I use whm puppet

Pantafernando said: »
I would say dynamis is better cash income than alex.
You need to farm alex too though if you're making mythic.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-13 13:55:58  
If you are playing Blu you should also be adding voidwatch into your money making mix of activities. Everyone loves a Blu in voidwatch!
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-13 15:19:27  
Ravenn42 said: »
Pup with whm frame? I assume just pummel the crap out of it?

Also I had the sword drop before and I unlocked the ws already but I dropped it a few years back. So I assume I need to get it again and do ws trials again?

I used to use the rng frame and just made sure I swapped hate if I took it. You just need the sword again you dont do the ws unlock trail again.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-13 20:48:23  
you don't actually have to unlock the ws to build the weapon.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-07-14 06:35:36  
Sylph.Nikia said: »
spells
Surviving where against what?

You can take off Frenetic Rip, Vanity Dive and Warm-Up, for starters. Battery Charge and Magic Fruit will almost always help you more than a whimsical 22 accuracy and 10 evasion. And those numbers are whimsical, in the age of Adodo.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-07-14 11:09:43  
Quick question, relic119 legs mag crit rate+15% applies also to physical blue magic? If so, those could win over assimilator's for str/vit spells like QC (also considering the mac+13).
Thanks
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 11:13:01  
Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
Quick question, relic119 legs mag crit rate+15% applies also to physical blue magic? If so, those could win over assimilator's for str/vit spells like QC (also considering the mac+13).
Thanks

Nope, physical spells follow the same rules as weaponskills for the most part, magic crit rate won't help them and magic accuracy will only affect the added effects like slow/blind/plague/etc.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-07-14 11:28:16  
Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
Quick question, relic119 legs mag crit rate+15%
It just affects magical Blue Magic. Things like Magic Hammer, Retinal Glare, and Eyeballs on me which deal magic damage.

Warm-up I put in because I couldn't think of a better spell, also why I am here asking for advice.
Setting Warmup and Frenetic rip in a VD battlefield presents its own unique issues which I can't give advice for. I can spoonfeed you on spells to an extent.

For two of the points saved from Warmup, set Retinal Glare, which'll give you a reasonable flash with a duration of 15 seconds unresisted. That'll help you keep shadows up, provided the rest of your gear's in order. Take off Delta Thrust and Glutinous Dart and set Paralyzing Triad.

magic barrier
Won't stack with diamondhide, and a WHM's cureskin will block it.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-14 12:37:53  
Speaking to Vanity Dive and F.Rip = this gives acc bonus 2 (or 12 more acc) which is viable for VD stuff. As to some of the other stuff....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-14 12:41:41  
Bahamut.Demoncard said: »
Battery Charge and Magic Fruit will almost always help you more than a whimsical 22 accuracy
I'm not sure of the validity of this statement.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-07-14 13:46:23  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Battery Charge and Magic Fruit will almost always help you more than a whimsical 22 accuracy
22 accuracy isn't going to do much if he's dead, or a party member dies. I would rather have the refresh and backup cure.

You're overstating the usefulness of a low number, found in abundance in a number of sources.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-14 13:49:31  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Self cure for DD set up isn't all that, if you take a WHM cures Shouldn't be an issue, I would say an extra 22 accuracy, which isn't whimsical, is the difference potentially between using Sushi or Meat. Sushi is about 70 acc ~ when dex is factored, 22 acc from a trait is a good 3rd of that and arguably if you need sushi for content you either need a bit more than sushi to get capped or are miles off making 22 acc viable in any situation.

Game breaking? No, and if the WHM sucks then by all means take refresh and cure (Assuming non mythic) but really Sanguine Blade is enough to keep you up (granted gimps DPS but dead = no dps) and if the other DD's die, then the WHM has one priority which is you allowing better cure management so you can again focus on DDing.

22 accuracy is nothing to scoff at.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-07-14 13:58:09  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
is the difference potentially between using Sushi or Meat. Sushi is about 70 acc ~ when dex is factored, 22 acc from a trait is a good 3rd of that and arguably if you need sushi for content you either need a bit more than sushi to get capped or are miles off making 22 acc viable in any situation.
I get that.

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
if the WHM sucks then by all means take refresh and cure
A given in pugs. Why run the risk of a wipe at the hands of a WHM in exchange for possibly shaving off a minute or two off of clear time? If you don't know the WHM, you shouldn't assume they're competent.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-14 14:03:23  
People are dumb is never a reasonable argument when we're talking about optimal.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-14 14:17:46  
why don't you have a heal and accuracy bonus if it's that much of an issue? especially since the spellset in question is for /NIN which frees several slots. more importantly, if you're worried about healing the party you shouldn't be using magic fruit to begin with
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-14 16:23:45  
shiva ring +1

9INT 3MAB vs 3MAB 5MDMG vs 4MAB 2INT vs 4MAB. Not worth the price, but they're "best". Fenrirs are better for things like T1 nukes, Subduction, etc., but Shivas are better for SB, WSC nukes, etc. due to the 9INT affecting both WSC and dINT (Subduction and such may be receiving WSC in the future according to dev posts). Short of buying a set of both there is no ideal solution other than not bothering until the rings don't cost 20m a piece
[+]
 Odin.Acacia
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-07-15 13:15:08  
For the "BLU (Physical Spells I)" set would Luhlaza Bazubands +1 be better? They have the same STR as Assimilator's but higher DEX and accuracy.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-07-15 13:19:50  
Welp still thinking about buying two Fenrir Rings +1 to replace Strendu Ring Acumen Ring and want to know which are BiS please.

acumen+fenrir+1 might be best?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-15 14:37:02  
Shiva +1 x 2 are best for all nukes as 9 int will add 18 to base where as 5 mdamage will add .... Well 5
By Bariman 2014-07-15 17:47:43  
A couple Qs here.

Would Dread Jupon (DEX+37 DA+2% acc+10) be new best CDC body?

Also how does Ejekamal Mask with augments fit into things?
STR+24 DEX+18 VIT+20 AGI+21 INT+17 MND+20 CHR+17 acc+15

with STR+ augment it has +32 STR and acc+15 which is pretty impressive
while with MND+ augment its MND+9 vs. acc+10 att+25 for requiescat/realmrazer in comparison to whirlpool

Thoughts?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-15 17:50:52  
yes

it doesn't unless you have nothing else

depends on ratio

i haven't updated sets yet, have been too busy with other things. will get to it eventually
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-15 18:32:34  
Quote:
Also how does Ejekamal Mask with augments fit into things?
STR+24 DEX+18 VIT+20 AGI+21 INT+17 MND+20 CHR+17 acc+15

With +8 Str augment it is the best physical casting piece. 12 STR >> 13 skill by a lot and nvm the +acc which is quite handy as you'll need to land your spells. Its kind of useless for other stuff I think however
 Asura.Sabishii
サーバ: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2014-07-15 19:35:18  
spells
Surviving where against what?

You can take off Frenetic Rip, Vanity Dive and Warm-Up, for starters. Battery Charge and Magic Fruit will almost always help you more than a whimsical 22 accuracy and 10 evasion. And those numbers are whimsical, in the age of Adodo.

Battery Charge isnt needed, White Wind for party situations.
Best example I can think of at the moment would be VD The Celestial Nexus. Need /nin since occultation just gets wiped and second form with ~Ja spells saline coat, magic barrier should help. Reason I was asking is /nin allows for great spell diversity, Warm-up I put in because I couldn't think of a better spell, also why I am here asking for advice.

And before it is lost, is Fenrir Ring +1 2x best in slot for nukes and Sang. Blade?

Honestly, if you're casting white wind or cures, you're going to want battery charge, unless you want to rely on someone else refreshing you, and I don't like doing that >.>; At least that's my opinion, I never take off battery charge.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-15 20:04:03  
refresh is less important for tizona holders obviously, but even without i rarely stop to cast refresh in party and only have need of mp if I'm doing a lot of curing or erases, and there's aways a whm to devotion me if it gets that hairy.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 449 450 451