フォーラム » FFXI » General » [Dev] FINAL FANTASY XI 2012 Roadmap
[Dev] FINAL FANTASY XI 2012 Roadmap
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-29 00:08:33  
If they're making any sort of new expansion I seriously doubt it'll be what everyone really expects... an actual expansion. It wouldn't make sense for them to release one of those anymore, especially given the success that they've seen so far with the "bite sized" $10 mini-expansion content.

Now don't get me wrong, each Abyssea pack was worth more than the $10 each, I'm not saying that $10 expansion packs are a bad thing, it's just that I hope they opt for something more robust like... episodic expansion content. A CoP-like storyline cut into 2 or 3 parts, $10 each, with varying content types, all held together by a central arching storyline and an ultimate goal for completing all of it. There'd have to be new zones and locales to explore, too, not just reskinned areas we've been visiting for 10 years set in an alternate dimension.

It'd factor out to be almost the same a normal expansion, but would be more fitting to their current digital, bite sized content business model. As long as it doesn't take them a year to release every part, I'd be fine with it.

Knowing SE though, there's either nothing or just another set of one piece of armor per mini xpac attached to a shitty story for $10.
By Jetackuu 2012-04-29 00:08:56  
Asura.Psubond said: »
i don't know why people can't understand this but there will be no full expansion until ps2 support is killed

I don't know why people don't understand that it has nothing to do with it.
By Jetackuu 2012-04-29 00:13:04  
they already have had something planned between a full expansion and the add-ons for some time now...
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-04-29 00:31:04  
at their rate of planning, might see it in 2 years.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-04-29 01:04:07  
Jetackuu said: »
I wasn't insulting anyone's intellectual ability, I was merely stating the fact that they need to improve upon their reading comprehension skills, and I wasn't the only one.

Nvm, you misunderstood that post.

Anyway, looking forward to the Vana'fest announcements in a couple months.
By Jetackuu 2012-04-29 01:07:13  
Lakshmi.Mahoro said: »
I wasn't insulting anyone's intellectual ability, I was merely stating the fact that they need to improve upon their reading comprehension skills, and I wasn't the only one.

Nvm, you misunderstood that post.

Anyway, looking forward to the Vana'fest announcements in a couple months.

I'm not misunderstanding anything.

Sylph.Kimble said: »
at their rate of planning, might see it in 2 years.

maybe 4
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-04-29 01:17:59  
It's ok! I guess you didn't get it... :P
By Latifah 2012-04-29 07:41:23  
Phoenix.Bomber said: »
Give it up already :/ this game is DEAD move on to 14 or TERA or w/e lol

give it up already people are going to play regardless of what your irrelevant opinion is.

(inb4 people are going to *** etc)
You are trying to save a sinking boat they had 10 years to add all these "expansions" ppl asking for >.> can't keep a game been appealing 20 years later like the 80's music for example XD. At this point SE is squeezing things out of old stuff instead of adding new that's pretty convincing they ain't planning on adding nothing new lol so yeah only thing i agree on is game has to go F2P
this ^
-
Or they should lower the monthly fee to 7.99 or something lower than 13$, it's very high for a really old game that stopped having content
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2012-04-29 11:25:42  
Latifah said: »

give it up already people are going to play regardless of what your irrelevant opinion is.

You are trying to save a sinking boat they had 10 years to add all these "expansions" ppl asking for >.> can't keep a game been appealing 20 years later like the 80's music for example XD. At this point SE is squeezing things out of old stuff instead of adding new that's pretty convincing they ain't planning on adding nothing new lol so yeah only thing i agree on is game has to go F2P
this ^
-
Or they should lower the monthly fee to 7.99 or something lower than 13$, it's very high for a really old game that stopped having content
It didn't stop having content. It didn't stop adding content, either. Content added that does not appeal to a certain portion of the player base != no content.
 Phoenix.Bomber
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-04-29 11:44:43  
Sylph.Shipp said: »

this ^
-
It didn't stop having content. It didn't stop adding content, either. Content added that does not appeal to a certain portion of the player base != no content.
That might be right but the big majority didn't like expansions that much after CoP i think SE should have added new zones that had to do with zilart and cop like mithra homelands,tenzen's lands etc etc. ToAU felt like total different game with it's own rules and such.
By Latifah 2012-04-29 12:30:46  
Sylph.Shipp said: »

this ^
-
The only relevant content they added so far is abyssea, using the same mobs but scaled up. Voidwatch /legion and limbus and other revamps doesn't count
 Odin.Angrykitty
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Angrykitty 2012-04-29 12:38:00  
a decade later and still adding new content to a game that was being coded, compiled, and tested sometime back in the late 90's.

I've been playing since October 2003 and I never guessed I would still being playing in 2012. After trying several other MMOs I keep coming back to this one because of the way that this game has not changed. I know several people would disagree with that statement, but its true for the most part. So SE still keeps adjusting problematic issues that the fan-base keeps whining about. The important thing is that they listen to ideas and make improvements. Not a lot of MMO developers do that for a game you still have to pay for.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Alaric
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2012-04-29 12:57:54  
I hope they give us Cat Sith "Yes Please"!
 Asura.Gee
サーバ: Asura
user: Seegs
By Asura.Gee 2012-04-29 13:04:15  
this game gets better and better
[+]
 Phoenix.Bomber
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-04-29 13:31:10  
Odin.Angrykitty said: »
a decade later and still adding new content to a game that was being coded, compiled, and tested sometime back in the late 90's.

I've been playing since October 2003 and I never guessed I would still being playing in 2012. After trying several other MMOs I keep coming back to this one because of the way that this game has not changed. I know several people would disagree with that statement, but its true for the most part. So SE still keeps adjusting problematic issues that the fan-base keeps whining about. The important thing is that they listen to ideas and make improvements. Not a lot of MMO developers do that for a game you still have to pay for.
You keep comming back bcuz of the ppl you know in it not just for the game >.> there's not much fun in the game anymore for ppl like you that started back then
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-29 13:58:51  
Ok so my Wada rant is gone. I knew that was coming but couldn't the post have simply been stripped of its one "offensive" element? That was like a really important point ;'(

On that matter, why is passive aggressive behavior (just read up this page, it occurs at least 4 times) allowed when just ordinary aggression is frowned upon? I view the former as more destructive because it isn't immediately obvious what you're talking about, whereas what I said was as direct as I could possibly word it.

The conspiracy nut in me wants to believe it was actually removed because I spoke ill of Wada.

I don't wish to recap, I don't think I could write the same thing twice even if I wanted to. I just have strong feelings about this and someone who believes the development team is: lazy, incompetent, or similar, is just.. missing the point.
By Castoth 2012-04-29 23:35:03  
People shouldn't be that surprised SE is still adding new content after 10 years. Everquest has released 18 expansion packs so far, with one in 2011 and one in 2010 even.

Problem is either PS2 limitations, or they've just given up and going for garbage, grindy content. After seeing that lame road map for the rest of the year, it convinced me to finally cancel my account. Hadn't played much before that anyway, game is just too stale at this point.

MMOs that allow themselves to stagnate like this wind up dying sooner rather than later. Only thing that seems to keep it from happening faster for this game is a stronger than average community.
By Xenshi 2012-04-30 00:24:35  
I've been reading this thread bit by bit. I don't quite think people know what an opinion is anymore. >.> It's a personal view that we think of. Saying that someone is wrong for saying they think that the game is dead is stupid. You are not that person and you probably don't play like that person either. If you believe the game is dead, yes it is dead to you, fine. To say that person is wrong can't happen. We all to some degree HOPE that SE will release some content that is solid and well thought of and original. Will this actually happen though, not one single person can tell you this until you see and play it for yourself. Be it you have faith in this road map and the future content that they have planned for us is up to you. If you don't and feel that you should quit, then quit. There's plenty of other games to play if you are a video gamer or MMOs are your thing. Don't try to bring everyone else down into your world cause you don't like it anymore. Thank you.
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2012-04-30 00:43:03  
I think the main thing holding them back is that they are trying to give XIV every chance it can to succeed. I don't know if it is doing better yet or not, however. I know they raided the good XI staff and took a lot of stuff from XI and applied to it.
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2012-05-01 00:48:24  
Odin.Angrykitty said: »

You keep comming back bcuz of the ppl you know in it not just for the game >.> there's not much fun in the game anymore for ppl like you that started back then

You have no basis for this comment other than your own opinion. The game is fun for me, and I started back in Zilart. There's also only one friend from back then that still played until I came back in January and got a couple others back into XI. Please don't speak for anyone but yourself.

The only relevant content they added so far is abyssea, using the same mobs but scaled up. Voidwatch /legion and limbus and other revamps doesn't count
Another opinion. VW, Legion, and the revamped areas like Dyna might not be to your taste, but they most definitely count as "additions" in the first two instances and "updates" in the latter.

That might be right but the big majority didn't like expansions that much after CoP i think SE should have added new zones that had to do with zilart and cop like mithra homelands,tenzen's lands etc etc. ToAU felt like total different game with it's own rules and such.
Where was the official statement from SE that the "big majority" didn't like expansions after CoP?

CoP was my favorite, and I hated ToAU at the time it was released, and is the expansion in which I quit. However, many people seem to love ToAU more than CoP, in fact, the split has seemed about even from my experience in regards to the posts I have read/people I have come across. I would like to see new zones as well, but I don't see the point in singling out all of the negatives in every expansion/addon that didn't live up to my expectations while completely ignoring the positives that they also brought.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-05-01 00:55:58  
people loved COP's story more than ToAU, but people love the events ToAU brought more than COP.
 Valefor.Omerta
サーバ: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 03:42:36  
I thought the TOAU story was amazing. Gripped me right to the end :) I enjoyed the whole thing!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2012-06-06 11:12:59  
I thought CoP > ToaU > RotZ. Not really got an opinion on WotG because I haven't completed it yet but it seems ok up to now.

It also seems to me that people didn't like CoP because:

a. The battlefields at capped level forced difficulty, and back then, you had to go buy gear for that level.
b. People waiting some time between missions and they were unable to keep up with what had happened in the storyline.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-06 11:13:45  
What's with the necrotrend lately?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-06 11:16:13  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
What's with the necrotrend lately?

A complex conspiracy to frustrate the visitors of the XI forums.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2012-06-06 11:23:48  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Lets hope WHM can finally get some gear good enough to solo Dominion Ops D: All these updates and gear releases and all WHM got was "Divine Caress"? wtf? Am I a Sailor Moon char now?

Needz moar tiara...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [148 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Dometig
By Phoenix.Dometig 2012-11-01 02:06:41  
Any one know if they added the multi log in yet? also are they allowing you to log in with 2 or more charaters at the same time from the same account?
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-01 02:23:16  
They said multiple log windows, so like. You could have a log window for chat etc. and for example, a separate one that just shows buffs being applied / wearing off.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10