フォーラム » FFXI » General » The Grand Conspiracy
The Grand Conspiracy
First Page 2
 Valefor.Wales
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Wales
By Valefor.Wales 2009-05-14 12:41:54  
I have been thinking a lot lately about how gil sellers operate. Some *** hack into people's accounts. Others utilize fishing bots or mining bots. Some simply use bot farmers. I know SE does more than any other MMO company out there to ban these people and impliment measures to hinder their progress, but it still doesn't add up. Wouldn't they be able to impliment code that would regularly yet randomly scan for bot code and auto-ban all accounts that use them, making bots extinct? Couldn't they do more to prevent the BroGame /tell adverts?

Then it hit me. It dawned on me like a nice cup of Folger's coffee...the best part of waking up you know. What if the companies that do this gil selling crap and SE are one and the same? Think about it. SE gets people to buy the game and pay monthly subscriptions (two sources of revenue). Then some people buy gil from them (another source of revenue). Then they ban their accounts for using "third party software" and probably take the gil back before deleting the character. The whole thing is a cycle that perpetually puts money in the hands of SE. Those who are too honest (like me) to engage in gil buying my find their accounts haXx0red by a "third party".

I say conspiracy of epic proportions! What say you?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-14 12:45:41  
Wales said:
I have been thinking a lot lately about how gil sellers operate. Some *** hack into people's accounts. Others utilize fishing bots or mining bots. Some simply use bot farmers. I know SE does more than any other MMO company out there to ban these people and impliment measures to hinder their progress, but it still doesn't add up. Wouldn't they be able to impliment code that would regularly yet randomly scan for bot code and auto-ban all accounts that use them, making bots extinct? Couldn't they do more to prevent the BroGame /tell adverts?

Then it hit me. It dawned on me like a nice cup of Folger's coffee...the best part of waking up you know. What if the companies that do this gil selling crap and SE are one and the same? Think about it. SE gets people to buy the game and pay monthly subscriptions (two sources of revenue). Then some people buy gil from them (another source of revenue). Then they ban their accounts for using "third party software" and probably take the gil back before deleting the character. The whole thing is a cycle that perpetually puts money in the hands of SE. Those who are too honest (like me) to engage in gil buying my find their accounts haXx0red by a "third party".

Old theory. I remember rumors of this years ago. SE can just make gil for one. So the only purpose of using a gilselling group is so that they dont have deal with anything but a random paycheck from them ie deniability. And the only way to be able to scan for any non HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE bot would be to scan the persons computer. Which is just slightly illegal. Oh and the best part of waking up is going back to bed
 Pandemonium.Aravol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-05-14 12:48:57  
LOL nice
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-14 12:58:02  
Wales said:

lol idiot.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 13:30:23  
not gonna happen.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-14 13:33:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Dasva said:

Old theory. I remember rumors of this years ago. SE can just make gil for one. So the only purpose of using a gilselling group is so that they dont have deal with anything but a random paycheck from them ie deniability. And the only way to be able to scan for any non HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE bot would be to scan the persons computer. Which is just slightly illegal. Oh and the best part of waking up is going back to bed

This exactly.
 Lakshmi.Alaric
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-14 13:36:21  
I always figure it was a few of the SE staff taking advantage of it and making an extra buck...this will be my opinion sticking to it. Damn it, give us some gils bro!!! arrggg..
 Odin.Dizzi
サーバ: Odin
user: DizziCS
By Odin.Dizzi 2009-05-14 13:37:59  
Wales said:
What if the companies that do this gil selling crap and SE are one and the same? Think about it.

RMT = negative publicity. No company wants that when they are trying to sell their products
 Carbuncle.Luckydeville
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luckydeville 2009-05-14 13:41:38  
SE doesn't sell gil ... but they will make you pay 10$ for a body piece. :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-14 13:55:49  
Luckydeville said:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-14 13:56:39  
Regardless of how hard they are to get, you can get some extremely sweet gear from the ACP keys.
 Ramuh.Thayil
user: Thayil
By Ramuh.Thayil 2009-05-14 14:03:03  
Wales said:

...I say you need to put the coffee down, take a nap then think about it again with a clear head.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-14 14:06:13

SE just sells useless jewlery, a plastic number generator for sweet in game bonuses. It's too late to sell their own currency since that'd leave everyone slighted for all the years they already progressed without resorting to RMT.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-14 14:13:05  
OP falls into this category.

User submitted image
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-05-14 14:17:43  
I like that shirt. Where did you get/see it?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-14 14:20:48  
Frobeus said:

User submitted image

Yeah for real Id love to have this shirt where it at?
 Odin.Dizzi
user: DizziCS
By Odin.Dizzi 2009-05-14 14:21:20  
Frobeus said:

User submitted image

Na, I <3 conspiracy theories ;) The actualities of the situation should be existing though.
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-05-14 14:36:24  
As Barti said, if SE wanted to sell gil, they would market it themselves. Why pay hundreds of chinese people $2 an hour to farm gil 24-7 when they already have literally a limitless supply of it? Especially with the risks involved in associating with something that they are cleary opposed to. It would be catastrophic if it ever got leaked out.

And seriously, about the selling gil to people then banning their account to get the gil back? Me thinks that a years worth of let's just say $13.95 a month would make them more money than the $40 (example, not sure how much gil is, and depends on the amount they have) they would get out of the gil they get back. Just my .02 cents
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-14 14:40:24  
Oric said:
As Barti said, if SE wanted to sell gil, they would market it themselves. Why pay hundreds of chinese people $2 an hour to farm gil 24-7 when they already have literally a limitless supply of it? Especially with the risks involved in associating with something that they are cleary opposed to. It would be catastrophic if it ever got leaked out.

And seriously, about the selling gil to people then banning their account to get the gil back? Me thinks that a years worth of let's just say $13.95 a month would make them more money than the $40 (example, not sure how much gil is, and depends on the amount they have) they would get out of the gil they get back. Just my .02 cents

Itd be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to be the same company whoever getting paychecks from said gilsellers is a fairly effective way to wash your hands of the dirty parts of it
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-05-14 15:00:15  
SE is not doubt in my mind working with the rmt. first of all with the free trial they could make it so you cant send tells to anyone enless they send you one first. as for what Oric said they wouldnt make their own gil becuase that would mess with the ecnomeys and if everyone if buying 1mil then gil would be worthless so paying jp to farm is a better way. as for the deleteing of chars that is just to keep the amount of gil and a stable amount
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-14 15:04:18  
Elvaton now falls into the same category of the OP.

yays drown {You can have this.}

There are fun conspiracies and there are these kind. If you can't figure out why this is so stupid, then you have 0 concept of business and either need to educate yourself or stab yourself in the throat with an ice pick.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 15:05:17  
Frobeus said:

There are fun conspiracies and there are these kind. If you can't figure out why this is so stupid, then you have 0 concept of business and either need to educate yourself or stab yourself in the throat with an ice pick.

Quoted poster falls into the category of being mean.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-14 15:07:39  
Ludoggy said:
Frobeus said:

Quoted poster falls into the category of being mean.

/nod
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-14 15:09:01

Quite simply, keeping everyone happy and playing for as long as possible while paying their monthly fees and introducing tasty new gear or appealing in game bonuses from purchasable items is far more profitable than shady RMT business will ever be.
 Unicorn.Callysto
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Callysto
By Unicorn.Callysto 2009-05-16 00:44:38  
Luckydeville said:

Wasnt the last bdy piece l;ike tidal talisman or whatever 50 bucks?
 Titan.Opeth
サーバ: Titan
user: liljesus9
By Titan.Opeth 2009-05-19 13:58:36  
Callysto said:
Luckydeville said:

Wasnt the last bdy piece l;ike tidal talisman or whatever 50 bucks?

He's referring to the shitty expansion with next to 0 content that people will only buy now because they want the body piece you get at the end of the missions. That and the mog satchel are how SE gets away with their own RMT operation. The only people that actually need the security token for security reasons are the people who have to call tech support to find the power button on a computer and wonder if they can eat the mog satchel.

In an unrelated note, the next mini expansion will cost $100 and the final mission reward will be an augmentable weapon that will allow you to augment "Occasionally attacks 2 to 8 times." It will have 3 missions, 2 of which are cutscenes.
 Odin.Ravax
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-05-19 14:07:50  
If you think about it, SE makes good money off gilsellers. Each time they ban the seller, the seller has to purchase another copy of their game for registration codes. If the gilseller operates in any expansion areas, they have to buy a copy of that, too, each time they're banned. Gilsellers probably account for a great deal of SE's physical product revenue. It's in their interest to hunt these *** down quickly. :D
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-19 14:10:16  
Ravax said:
If you think about it, SE makes good money off gilsellers. Each time they ban the seller, the seller has to purchase another copy of their game for registration codes. If the gilseller operates in any expansion areas, they have to buy a copy of that, too, each time they're banned. Gilsellers probably account for a great deal of SE's physical product revenue. It's in their interest to hunt these *** down quickly. :D

No.

First of all your an idiot.

Secondly, you don't understand the concept of FREE TRIAL.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-19 14:10:34  
Opeth said:
In an unrelated note, the next mini expansion will cost $100 and the final mission reward will be an augmentable weapon that will allow you to augment "Occasionally attacks 2 to 8 times." It will have 3 missions, 2 of which are cutscenes.

LOL

Nice avi btw, Bill Hicks R.I.P.; he was so underrated in his time...
First Page 2