What Would You Do If FFXI Shutdown Forever?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What would you do if FFXI shutdown forever?
What would you do if FFXI shutdown forever?
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-05-14 10:39:24  
Im bored revising, im going to check this every 5 mins or so.

Anyway onto topic, what would you do? Personally i think i would spend more time doing much more productive things rather than just finding a different MMORPG. (this is the only one ive played)
[+]
 Asura.Shua
サーバ: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-05-14 10:40:49  
If FFXI shutdown..

*waits for Aion*
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-05-14 10:42:16  
Same as you prolly Minus. TBH I think I'd be somewhat happy... I really would. I would find something else to do. Move with life. Simple as that.
[+]
 Fairy.Aiburn
サーバ: Fairy
user: Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2009-05-14 10:43:38  
Minusseven said:

Anyway onto topic, what would you do? Personally i think i would spend more time doing much more productive things rather than just finding a different MMORPG. (this is the only one ive played)

Same here, guess i'd go back to having a RL. ><;
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-05-14 10:43:55  
I've tried other MMOs and they just don't cut it. By the time FFXI is done, I'll be married with kids. Even if FFXI doesn't die in the next 5 years, I don't believe in parenting and MMOs. :P
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-05-14 10:47:04  
I will boot up the PS3 and play FFX-2, FFXII, and FFXIII. Then I will move to the multitude of other gaming options.
But, as for MMORPGs, I wouldn't play any other unless it was attached to FF.
~Yote
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-05-14 10:47:25  
Shua said:
If FFXI shutdown..

*waits for Aion*

I was like... whats Aion so i looked it up, looks pretty good... dont know what to expect from it compared to other similar games though.

Lilsanchez said:
Same as you prolly Minus. TBH I think I'd be somewhat happy... I really would. I would find something else to do. Move with life. Simple as that.

I get exactly what you mean... i often think about quitting ffxi at times where im not into it at all and dont play much, but somehow i always get back into it and play it way too much
 Ifrit.Durai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2009-05-14 10:49:31  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture_(video_game)
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-05-14 10:49:51  
Aiburn said:

Same here, guess i'd go back to having a RL. ><;

Sums it up pretty well!
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 10:51:01  
Move on.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-14 10:53:39  
Well I sometimes play WoW so I would probably just move onto that.

I love video games so I'd just find another game to play.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-05-14 10:53:50  
Minusseven said:

Lilsanchez said:

I get exactly what you mean... i often think about quitting ffxi at times where im not into it at all and dont play much, but somehow i always get back into it and play it way too much

It's just it really really feels like FFXI is controlling me. I love this game. It's amazing, but once it shuts down it's like, wow this is exactly what I need to finaly move on. Only way to help me finaly get over the addiction of FFXI. Nothing good going on in FFXI or anything at all. It's just nothing but drama and stress. The game is suppose to be fun and exciting. If you play too much and get addicted it becomes your second life and it becomes extremely hard to let go.

So if FFXI shuts down. So be it. Thank you SE.
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-05-14 10:54:11  
Probably find a new mmo (although that would be very, very difficult) because I am socially inept irl and have no life.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 10:58:05  
Could do PWI. It's a pretty fun FTP MMO.
 Ifrit.Durai
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2009-05-14 10:58:12  
Lilsanchez said:

It's just it really really feels like FFXI is controlling me. I love this game. It's amazing, but once it shuts down it's like, wow this is exactly what I need to finaly move on. Only way to help me finaly get over the addiction of FFXI. Nothing good going on in FFXI or anything at all. It's just nothing but drama and stress. The game is suppose to be fun and exciting. If you play too much and get addicted it becomes your second life and it becomes extremely hard to let go.

You may want to try taking a break... just cancel your content ID and go do something else! I took a couple month break a while back and it was just enough to change my perspective on FFXI.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-05-14 11:01:47  
Celene said:
I've tried other MMOs and they just don't cut it. By the time FFXI is done, I'll be married with kids. Even if FFXI doesn't die in the next 5 years, I don't believe in parenting and MMOs. :P

The end is inevitable! (if thats how u spell it)

Congratulations 5 years in advance i guess

Yotevol said:
I will boot up the PS3 and play FFX-2, FFXII, and FFXIII. Then I will move to the multitude of other gaming options.
But, as for MMORPGs, I wouldn't play any other unless it was attached to FF.
~Yote

I found this due to my obsession with ff7 8 9 and 10 :)

As for Rapture...ima have to read up on that o.O
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-05-14 11:02:05  
Durai said:
Lilsanchez said:

You may want to try taking a break... just cancel your content ID and go do something else! I took a couple month break a while back and it was just enough to change my perspective on FFXI.

I've done that. Forcefully and nature took it's tole too. Always ended up coming back ASAP or nearly breaking down. There are things in FFXI too that are keeping me on. Specific things... If I lose FFXI I lose my connection to them.
 Odin.Dizzi
サーバ: Odin
user: DizziCS
By Odin.Dizzi 2009-05-14 11:02:22  
Minusseven said:

#1 Write down the numbers of friends I have met through FFXI again and put them down in a place where I dont lose them.

#2 10% more Focus on college

#3 Play Monopoly
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-05-14 11:03:57  
Hell FFXI isnt even fun 99% of the time, what keeps me playing is Targets and trying to achieve what i have in my head + friends and things that i have made there
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-05-14 11:06:27  
Minusseven said:
Hell FFXI isnt even fun 99% of the time, what keeps me playing is Targets and trying to achieve what i have in my head + friends and things that i have made there

Pretty much it. FFXI has become more of a glorified chat room. Just recently my goal for Maat's Cap ha withered away. I don't even care for it anymore. Sold all my jobs gear that is under Lv75 and focused all that Gil into my currently top 75 jobs. I've not even had a normal EXP PT in almost 2 months. lol
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-05-14 11:06:55  
Alyria said:

How u get round to FFXI and WoW... ill never know :P

Dizzi said:
Minusseven said:

#1 Write down the numbers of friends I have met through FFXI again and put them down in a place where I dont lose them.

#2 10% more Focus on college

#3 Play Monopoly

Monopoly ftw, i smashed my friends at it not long ago, they get so angry at me and call me a smug c*** when they land on my properties XD
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-05-14 11:10:08  
Lilsanchez said:
Minusseven said:

Pretty much it. FFXI has become more of a glorified chat room. Just recently my goal for Maat's Cap ha withered away. I don't even care for it anymore. Sold all my jobs gear that is under Lv75 and focused all that Gil into my currently top 75 jobs. I've not even had a normal EXP PT in almost 2 months. lol

I only started last june, so coming up to a year now and my highest job is 53 :/ got 81 alchemy tho which makes up a little, but yeh most of my playtime is jus standing round chatting- making a party can take like an hour itself lol (replies be a little more iregular from me, havent even started revision yet :p)
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-14 11:13:44  
I would be done with MMO's for good. I love FFXI, and have enjoyed it a ton, but it's just too much of a time sink. Since I got into FFXI, I haven't really played too many other games, because I feel like there's always something I need to be doing or getting done in FFXI.

It's like a "I'm gonna play some Fallout...oh wait, full moon Lightsday here soon, should prolly craft" kinda thing...

But anyways, yeah, I'd be done with MMO's. I'll give everyone my XBL gamertag on that last day, and meet up with them there for some hot "shooting each other in the face" action ^^
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-05-14 11:16:14  
Minusseven said:
Lilsanchez said:
Minusseven said:

I only started last june, so coming up to a year now and my highest job is 53 :/ got 81 alchemy tho which makes up a little, but yeh most of my playtime is jus standing round chatting- making a party can take like an hour itself lol (replies be a little more iregular from me, havent even started revision yet :p)

I had it pretty bad right away. Soon as I created Lilsanchez I had got my first job to 65ish in like 3 months, then right after I started Samurai. Gotten that up to 75 within like 3 weeks!

That was when I actually cared for the game game and not just to lounge around and chit-chat. Had a ton of great ambitions for FFXI AND RL. Even my RL ambitions has semi dissolved into nothingness. @_@ Maybe someday I'll find the will to succeed again. I'm doing quite all right living a mediocre life, but I can't live this way forever. FFXI shutting down may be just the thing I need. Who knows what may happen in between now and then.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-14 11:17:23  
Minusseven said:
Alyria said:

How u get round to FFXI and WoW... ill never know :P

lol I do it when I need a break from ffxi and during maintenance times too. Been playing WoW about 3 months after it came out and ffxi since Mar of 04 but had the game since it came out for the US. Just didnt have a working PC to play til Mar 04
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 11:22:43  
if FFXI stopped i would keep in contact with my friends on here but never play another mmorpg again, too much of a time sink.
 Bismarck.Barrd
サーバ: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-05-14 11:35:08  
I'd try to buy the rigths to ffxi and make my self a sever and keep it going.

i have all ways played FINAL FANTASY from 1st - now
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-05-14 11:37:09  
I forgot about "Rapture". Still, don't think I will go back into MMOs, though. Offline games ftw. I love my pause buttons. <3
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-14 11:40:22  
if FFXI shut down forever, my life would move on. I would get some offline games to play, maybe another online multiplayer game.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-05-14 11:41:40  
There are lots of servers, would be cool if they cut them down so other servers more populated. There would be anoying sides too though such as caming nms... so its a tough call but sometime would be nice to find pts quicker etc
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11