Why Does Maintenence Affect British Players More Than Any Others

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Why does Maintenence affect british players more than any others
Why does Maintenence affect british players more than any others
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-14 11:21:33  
Slamm said:
lol europe just pays more for everything especially uk, we pay for most of the EU ***and get *** all back lol.

petrol prices are bad too but Holland and some other country's got it way worse than uk atm, i find it funny how u guys in the us *** about petrol prices when its so damn cheap there.

yup, we pay about $7 for a gallon of gas in sweden....
 Carbuncle.Cianti
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-14 17:44:35  
Guys it was my day off! the only time I get to level ... stupid emergency maintanance. I lost ToD on our King Vinegaroon!

Happy days though... UK thread XD
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 17:54:09  
Zanno said:
Slamm said:
lol europe just pays more for everything especially uk, we pay for most of the EU ***and get *** all back lol.

petrol prices are bad too but Holland and some other country's got it way worse than uk atm, i find it funny how u guys in the us *** about petrol prices when its so damn cheap there.

lol.
Only people who have never left the U.S. *** about prices.
I stoped complaining the first time I went to canada.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-14 18:09:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Ludoggy said:
Zanno said:
Slamm said:

lol.

overpriced everything FTW!
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 18:10:13  
Thunderz said:
Ludoggy said:
Zanno said:
Slamm said:

lol.

overpriced everything FTW!

ftl
I'd take cheap gas over free healthcare.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-14 18:23:08

lol im joking company's milk us dry over here

Gets me sooo pissed x.x

no competition at all so prices are 50~70% higher then usual

I have 1 family bizz for pc near my house.... one day I bought some replacement battery for like 10$ and the next day I passed by Wall~mart/ Future shop and the same battery was like 90$ + tax
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 18:24:47  
Thunderz said:

Gets me sooo pissed x.x

I have 1 family bizz for pc near my house.... one day I bought some replacement battery for like 10$ and the next day I passed by Wall~mart/ Future shop and the same battery was like 90$ + tax

I dont believe that.
Walmart almost always has cheaper prices. Actually. I cant think of one thing thats more expencive at walmart.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-14 18:25:39

Ludoggy said:
Thunderz said:

Gets me sooo pissed x.x

I dont believe that.
Walmart almost always has cheaper prices. Actually. I cant think of one thing thats more expencive at walmart.

your not in Canadian walmart
its different here.... no competition...nothing is cheap Q.Q
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 18:26:41  
lol, they monoply your ***? xD
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-14 19:12:01  
Any EU player complaining about price should lrn2VAT before posting seriously. Roughly 20% across the EU, so kinda normal to pay more.

Even if -for now- $1.35 = 1 euro, it might evolve in the future. SE won't bill you something random like 10.65 euro one month then 10.83 euro the month after, etc... Way too complicated for them. When EU billing started, $1.20 = 1 euro, so price was exactly the same if you added VAT. What if tomorrow $1.10 = 1 euro ? SE will lose money with EU customers.

As for QQ'ing because maintenance are always during EU prime time, I'll just quote myself from a similar thread :

Antipika said:
It's more like this game have more JP players, so better do maintenance when less people are on. (i.e : during EU prime).

Not to mention technical reasons, when server are back online, less player will hammer it to log on ASAP since JP players will be sleeping and like half of NA won't be back from work. And if something goes wrong during maintenance and if a quick emergency update is needed, it'll be easier to perform it while server is half empty than during JP prime on a Saturday night.

If you ever owned a server you'd know that doing maintenance when users number is at its peak would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Odin.Dizzi
サーバ: Odin
user: DizziCS
By Odin.Dizzi 2009-05-14 19:23:05  
Antipika said:
Any EU player complaining about price should lrn2VAT before posting seriously. Roughly 20% across the EU, so kinda normal to pay more.

Even if -for now- $1.35 = 1 euro, it might evolve in the future. SE won't bill you something random like 10.65 euro one month then 10.83 euro the month after, etc... Way too complicated for them. When EU billing started, $1.20 = 1 euro, so price was exactly the same if you add VAT. What if tomorrow $1.10 = 1 euro ?

Then I wouldnt spend my holidays in the US any longer. kek

1€ = $1.36 is just fine, I love it.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-14 19:25:29  
Yeah but more NA would invade Europe :[ And that's not a gift /troll :]
 Odin.Dizzi
サーバ: Odin
user: DizziCS
By Odin.Dizzi 2009-05-14 19:27:48  
Antipika said:
Yeah but more NA would invade Europe :[ And that's not a gift /troll :]

It is. More NA bringing more money to europe: Economy rises. :)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-14 19:56:52  
Antipika said:

Even if -for now- $1.35 = 1 euro, it might evolve in the future. SE won't bill you something random like 10.65 euro one month then 10.83 euro the month after, etc... Way too complicated for them. When EU billing started, $1.20 = 1 euro, so price was exactly the same if you added VAT. What if tomorrow $1.10 = 1 euro ? SE will lose money with EU customers.

This would be irrelevant if they go back to how things used to be. When I started to play this game I paid in USD as well, thats the fair thing. No matter where you live you pay the same fee per month if everyone pay with the same currency. After playing about a year or so when SE realized that euro was gonna be a strong currency they gave you an option to pay with either USD or €. Once the € became even stronger they removed that option and forced all EU players to pay with € (Cant say if UK pay with BP or € though)

Point is, they used to charge everyone the same for the game, but changed it. What for? Why did they decide that living in EU you should pay an extra 4-5 USD per month? I'd like to know how they'd justify that, since they had a good working system that was fair to begin with.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-14 20:04:16  
1. When you started to play FF XI, you weren't paying VAT at all, and that's basically illegal. Even online service such as MMO's monthly fees should include VAT. It was exactly the same for software sold through Steam at first, no VAT. Now VAT is mandatory if your country of residence is located in the EU. Some website who use subscription works the same way (like IGN/Fileplanet/Gamespy...).

2. They gave an option because on some country bank fees are HUGE when paying with a foreign currency. Some bank in France would charge you 0.80 euros + 3% PER transaction. At this time (summer 2006), it was way better for these people to be billed in euros instead of USD. SE gave you the choice they never forced old members to pay in euro. Only new players (after June~July 2006 if I recall) were forced to pay in euro.

I'm still billed in USD and I live in Europe.

Quote:
I'd like to know how they'd justify that, since they had a good working system that was fair to begin with.

VALUE ADDED TAX.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Pocoterremoto 2009-05-14 20:09:12  
Pirra said:
When are we gonna get a discount to subscription, due to SE's Lame arse time tabling of repairs?

never
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-14 20:22:57  
Antipika said:

I'm still billed in USD and I live in Europe.

Ah, now i see why you think its all fair, coz it doesnt effect you. I started off paying in USD, but eventually ended up beeing charged in € without me chosing to do so. And if it had anything to do with taxes as you say, the monthly fee would constantly change along with the currency exchange rate.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-14 20:25:17  
Zanno said:

Ah, now i see why you think its all fair, coz it doesnt effect you. I started off paying in USD, but eventually ended up beeing charged in € without me chosing to do so. And if it had anything to do with taxes as you say, the monthly fee would constantly change along with the currencies.

Not really, average in Europe is roughly 20%. When euro billing were implemented, $1.20 = 1 euro. And yes you did choose at some point or you changed credit card.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-14 22:49:03  
Bartimaeus said:
Another pointless opinion labeled thread, trying to pass itself off as fast. I won't even bother to read this, the title is annoying enough.

Why post then? boring others needlessly
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 22:49:42  
Cianti said:
Bartimaeus said:
Another pointless opinion labeled thread, trying to pass itself off as fast. I won't even bother to read this, the title is annoying enough.

Why post then? boring others needlessly

Untill your avi gets topless your boring too! =o
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-14 22:54:37  
>.> I made this picture myself! how dare you :X
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 22:54:56  
topless please?
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-14 22:57:02  
You can goto website if ya into that sorta thing. You need to lvl rng more!
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 22:58:27  
I like to take things slow...very slow.
I'm playing differently this round from most others.

Wel..I wanna see how you'd draw it! =O
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-14 23:01:34  
I use pencils then colour it with Photoshop.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 23:01:58  
<.< not what I meant...you are boring.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-14 23:06:13  
Its late here >.< and Im sleepy
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-14 23:14:22  
Ludoggy said:

America is full of monoplies too. The companies just make it seem like we have variety when so many are owned by the same people
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 23:15:57  
Cianti said:
Its late here >.< and Im sleepy

maybe tomrrow?

Dasva said:
Ludoggy said:

America is full of monoplies too. The companies just make it seem like we have variety when so many are owned by the same people

mmm I dont think so. and DEFINITLY not around where I live. All there annoying anti-trust laws -.-
Walmart will never be able to own the area I live in ._.