Hey Guys!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Hey guys!
Hey guys!
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-05-30 05:11:02  
I applaude anyone who sucessfully solos anything of this nature (faust, guivre, w/e). Mainly because I am too damn lazy to do it myself. I would try, but I'd rather stay in my mog house and stare at my moogle than spend 1-2+ hours on something like this.
Don't let people get you down, OP.
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-30 05:19:52  
Tallulah said:
I applaude anyone who sucessfully solos anything of this nature (faust, guivre, w/e). Mainly because I am too damn lazy to do it myself. I would try, but I'd rather stay in my mog house and stare at my moogle than spend 1-2+ hours on something like this.
Don't let people get you down, OP.

^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Premium
サーバ: Lakshmi
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-05-30 18:30:16
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Zekky said:
Premium said:
I never mentioned Avesta, and Avesta wasn't the first to solo what he did, he just got the best publicity.

I dont find him all that good.

Then you go solo all the stuff Avesta has solo'd or others, make videos and you'll get the praise you deserve instead of coming off very smug. =d

It isn't about being very special pre tel. It's about being able to show that you can do it because there are people who actually need skill to solo a lot of the stuff that RDMs do solo. That's all he's showing is that he's got the skill. =\

This is funny, because you try to argue back with me using misleading comments. Just like people think I'm implying dont post videos, nah I don't care that you did, just dont expect me to like what you soloed. I'm not saying don't post them, as you can see some people here haven't done any solo or seen much so they all like it, but I have more experience in the area and don't find what you did any special.

But then you come out with "Then you go solo all the stuff Avesta has solo'd or others, make videos and you'll get the praise you deserve instead of coming off very smug"

I have soloed most of the stuff he has, and others, I do a lot on Ninja, but im not one to show off and hope for praise because I don't need that, the stuff I solo and what everyone else seems to solo is not a big thing on my server, its not a big thing to anyone I know. It's like posting yourself in an XP pting and going "Look at the 500+exp!" well thats not good, everyone gets that, everyone can do it, its not hard. Thats how it is on my server.

Don't like my criticism? Then yeh, People shouldnt post videos, because you can't take the bad comments. The internet is not full of lovely people who will like every input you provide for it. In-fact it's very the opposite.

Minipie you should look up some of the members of encore LS - About 50% of Can and Do Solo a lot of stuff.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Minipie
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Minipie 2009-06-07 19:06:00  
i forgot to add this!, and im amazed the numbers of haters that don't even know me, posting on this thread random stuff, people are so mean, @ premium its so easy to say that you can solo most stuff that avesta or w/e does, yet all you do is posting negative comments instead backing yourself with something that you "soloed in the game" since this thread is for that.

User submitted image
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Minipie
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Minipie 2009-06-07 19:21:41  
yes lol... its very hard to kill because it runs at that flee speed ;; its almost impossible to nuke, unless bind is almost available i didn't even had wlegs, maybe if i had them, was a lil more easy
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-07 19:25:54  
WAY TO ALMOST DIE GIMP!

Just kidding, nice job broskie. Nice stuff.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-07 19:26:06  
keep it up, i dont know howhard anything is to solo, im still a noob, but when i do solo anything even if not a big achievement im still proud :P just keep it up and ignore any people who compare you to other amazing people who can solo it, because to me it looks like theyre makingu look good anyway by doing so lol
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-10 03:09:22

Minipie said:
i forgot to add this!, and im amazed the numbers of haters that don't even know me, posting on this thread random stuff, people are so mean, @ premium its so easy to say that you can solo most stuff that avesta or w/e does, yet all you do is posting negative comments instead backing yourself with something that you "soloed in the game" since this thread is for that.

Why I need to back it up? Why do I need to show it? Why do I got to prove myself? You're the one wanting a crown on your penis.

Besides you have to be a moron if you think im hating you.

Why cant people take criticism? The world is not full of lovely fluffy people that will forever accept and peace loving everything you do. I criticized you, take it like a man and stop being a girl. You're FAR from impressive to me. And my e-penis isn't so small that I need to go spreading about stuff I do.

All you retards bashing me should server jump to Lakshmi and notice that so many people solo this ***all the time. ITS NOT UNCOMMON. It might be on your server, and hey, he posted in the Lakshmi, Not your *** server page.
[+]
 Hades.Jonoki
サーバ: Hades
user: Jonoki
By Hades.Jonoki 2009-06-10 03:12:49  
If you don't like or have any praise for what he has done, click that X at the top of your screen.
And please get over yourself.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-10 03:15:59

Jonoki said:
If you don't like or have any praise for what he has done, click that X at the top of your screen.

Hey, why dont you fly away back to Hades? This aint your server, You dont know the people here. You dont know what gets on.

When did the forum ever become a "don't say anything if you dont have anything nice to say", ITS THE INTERNET, Learn this fun-fact, not everyone is nice! Not everyone -loves- it.

If i went and posted "omg look at my uber chain 300 in a merit", would anyone care? would they be nice and be like holy ***? No cuse that ***happens so often, its just old news to near about it.
 Hades.Jonoki
サーバ: Hades
user: Jonoki
By Hades.Jonoki 2009-06-10 03:16:50  
Grow up lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-10 03:19:14  
Jonoki said:

Yes, because nobody is allowed to post a negative opinion. Ever.

Honestly, Premium's being rather blunt but at no point did she say don't post videos. All she said was that this is rather common material and it would be nice if the OP tried a more uncommon or challenging solo. I agree.
[+]
 Garuda.Amara
サーバ: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-10 03:19:32  
It may be NMs that are solo'd every day on your server or every server for that matter, doesn't lessen what he's done, or make it any less worthy of sharing it with others who play.

Don't want to watch it don't, but doesn't mean you have the right to bash him for wanting to share his personal accomplishments with others.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-10 03:23:01  
Amara said:
Don't want to watch it don't, but doesn't mean you have the right to bash him for wanting to share his personal accomplishments with others.

This amuses me. At no point has the OP been bashed, everybody else jumped the gun to defend the OP.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-10 03:25:56  
I never got that implication. Reading into things too much perhaps?

On an on-topic note, grats on the Faust kill.
[+]
 Garuda.Amara
サーバ: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-10 03:26:45  
Bartimaeus said:
Nightfyre said:
Jonoki said:

Yes, because nobody is allowed to post a negative opinion. Ever.

Honestly, Premium's being rather blunt but at no point did she say don't post videos. All she said was that this is rather common material and it would be nice if the OP tried a more uncommon or challenging solo. I agree.

I don't mean to regress too much, since this topic wasn't meant for flame-core, but it's what the person IMPLIED by saying what they said.

Also, constructive criticism vs negative criticism. Yahwut

It's not what you say, it's how you say it...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-10 03:34:58

lol you think "these NM's are commonly solo'd" implicated not to show it? No if anything it implicates, Try solo something tougher.

I'm a blunt person, thank you Nightfyre for actually just understanding my point. People reading into my comments to much when I say things plain-simple, how they are.

@ Mini - I'm not here to care about peoples feelings and try tell you softly you should try something harder. No I criticize, then you prove me wrong, you grown stronger, done better stuff. If i just gave you a pat on the back and a cookie, you progress no where, nothing was done. Its like that with anything in life, people will scar you down until you over come then, you almost have with the Faust, but i still do not find it impressive because you're not the first, the second, you're not even the 50th.

So Maybe I didn't do constructive criticism, i did CRITICISM. Plain and Simple :)

PS. I think i made it fairly clear in my previous posts that I did -not- intend to make it sound like not post videos.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-06-10 03:39:14  
Is this thread still going on? ._O
[+]
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-10 04:27:36

Bartimaeus said:
Hugs, rainbows, and sunshine. Now we can all be friends again. :3

lol yayayay
 Bismarck.Makai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: M4k4i
By Bismarck.Makai 2009-06-10 05:56:40  
Solo Faust impresses me lol and ofc some of the uber veteran player aren't impressed @ all. It depends on where you stand in this game, for how long you play it and so on. So /cheer Minipie. BUT: NEVER EVER forget this is the internet and rule #1 is the following: If you post something, whatever it is, you must accept criticism. If you post a picture of yourself deal with it when ppl say you're the ugliest piece of ***in the universe (for example). If you post a "I solo'd stuff pic", deal with it, when ppl say "lollame". /Welcome to reality, /welcome to web 2.0, where EVERYONE can participate :P But from my side: Keep up the good work.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 07:34:34  
I'd be more impressed without the countdown on your spells/abilities and draw distance up and most likely super equip changes from windower.
[+]
 Seraph.Phaded
サーバ: Seraph
user: Phaded
By Seraph.Phaded 2009-07-01 21:06:15  
This is probably one of my more fav taru RDM solo vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV71Wdsqmh4

Uses windower for gear swap macros, but love how bind, stoneskin etc... still makes him spell lock without any fancy hacks to make him keep sliding.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-01 22:00:40  
I soloed something once, I just can't remember what it was...

Cool videos btw!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Tadacho
user: Tadacho
By Lakshmi.Tadacho 2009-09-10 08:02:20  
Malekith said:
How exactly is he casting and moving w/o spell fail from interrupt? ... Like in that Zippie vid, I see him hit the bind macro, then start moving away and the spell still fired off? ;>.>

I'm calling shenanigans...

RDM can do this a lot due to Fast Cast; I can start moving at like 45% spell cast I think is. It can be quite hard to interrupt spell casts on RDM when you don't want them to finish ><

EDIT: Just tested with stoneskin; can move from 50% onwards for successful cast, but this will still temporarily lock you as the animation goes through. Alternatively can move from 60% onwards as animation triggers without getting locked. Not using windower macros.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2009-09-10 16:26:14  
Quote:
It can be quite hard to interrupt spell casts on RDM when you don't want them to finish ><

The method I use to interrupt a RDM spell casting is /heal.Hopefully, that helped some. *^^*

BTW, rock on, Minipie!

F you elitists, with your fancy doo-dads! I can solo Stone Eaters in South Gustaburg WITHOUT GOING OUT OF ITS MELEE RADIUS, while naked, and performing elegant waltzes for all to enjoy! TOP THAT, BOYEE!!
 Bahamut.Trilla
サーバ: Bahamut
user: trilla
By Bahamut.Trilla 2009-09-13 08:12:09  
Korpg said:
Solo'd Roc and Simurgh yet?

I have....on SMN

That takes skill

not hatin jus sayin... doesnt roc have draw in effect?