WHM optimal gear at 99
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 00:12:38  
Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
I do not associate Windower as a 'hack' which is why I only assumed things like fleeing/running through walls/Clipper-esque programs etc.

It may have come off completely wrong, but I suppose it was toward more of the idea that people still believe Windower is the devil. It is almost as bad as those who cry over RMT Fell Cleave parties.

Oh well, that post came off wrong, but the point was to show that just because a member has a particular piece of gear/set, does not mean anything terrible. I feel lame though

Like I said, I don't care for legitimacy debates. I promise you though, a group of six people playing without windower are not hitting FL100 with any consistency. We can verify this both statistically(jump probability) and intuitively(macro limitations create worse DD, JA0wait, etc). They're probably never going to hit it, but anything's possible.

What's worse, this is all before considering that you need these advantages to be operated by extremely good players. Most people in this game(and subsequently, on this website) are not extremely good players.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-04-05 01:36:17  
we made it 3/4 all 6 xbox users so i dont see how needing even windower is necessary 2x sch is a must though once we made that trade it went fairly smooth
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-04-05 01:40:44  
wait a minute wasnt this a whm gear set thread?
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-04-05 01:42:32  
in that case mjollnir mainhand chocobo wand offhand all other gear optional while bludgeoning ***to death and hearing sweet kweh's of justice
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2012-04-05 20:39:36  
group on phoenix got 4/4 100's hack free. Statistics are not fool proof. And you are all still bad whm's.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-04-08 00:39:53  
I just started perusing this thread and the utter gall of the guy above me is just staggering. Let alone the fact that the guy he is glorifying would probably never want to be thrust up onto a pedestal at the expense of others like that. I'm actually embarrassed for the other guy.

Anyhoo, some nice ideas in this thread for tweaking sets at 99.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-04-12 08:38:51  
Made a few tweaks to my Boost set.

I picked up a Hyksos Robe and augmented my Zenith Crown(+5 Enhancing Magic). I was able to push my Boost to 24.

Sitting at 495 Enhancing Magic(no merits), atm.

Looks like I might have to camp Celaeno PUG's for a bit.
 Fenrir.Aleste
user: Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-04-12 08:49:04  
Changing waist to olympus and body to Anhur won't help you hit 500 skill though.

Your best bet (assuming you don't want to get enhancing merits) would be this piece:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10518/ayaos-gages

[Hands] All Races
DEF:29 Magic Accuracy+10 Healing magic skill +15 Enhancing magic skill +10 Enfeebling magic skill +15 Blue magic skill +5
LV 99 WHM BLM RDM SMN BLU SCH
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-04-12 09:00:05  
I've never even seen that before? Where does it come from?
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-04-12 09:58:37  
Presumably Legion, or possibly really rare drop from one of the Provenance petrifact battles.
 Siren.Demetreos
サーバ: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-04-12 19:07:34  
I currently cure in something looking like this, for all cures.

With the new cure rules and stuff I've been looking into making a separate set for cures 1-4.

How would a set like that do compared with the above? I know it's far from the best, but I'm just looking at what I have available at the moment.

50% Cure potency, 35 healing magic skill and 54MND

VS

49% Cure potency, 72 healing magic skill and 30MND.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Cheers.

EDIT

This is assuming Solace is up.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-04-12 20:11:44  
@Demetreos

I'd go with the second set but put the Empyrean +2 pants back in. The amount of MP recovered from your cures far outweighs the extra skill you get from Relic +2 pants. If you can get your hands on a fairly decently augmented Zenith Pumps +1 (I believe cap is 4% Potency and +6 Healing Skill), you could feasibly replace Augur's Gloves with Artifact +1 gloves to push your power level a bit higher. Nothing else pops up into my head as an obvious upgrade aside from getting your hands on Iaso mitra, which will probably not be available for a while and when they do start becoming available, will initially be a very pricey piece of gear to make.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-04-12 20:35:22  
@Demetreos
Assuming capped skill (and ELV 99WHM/SCH stats), those 2 sets work out as:

Personally though, I'd agree on the sentiment about wearing the AF3 pants. Depending on how strong your cure-set is, you can gain up to an extra 45% mp efficiency.

I'd also advise putting more -enm into your cure3/4 sets, and save the max healing skill set (w/ af3+2 pants) for cure5/6.

This set would give your strongest cure:

Sidenote: Change AF3 pantaloons for relic+2 if going for the maximum possible, ignoring efficiency
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-04-12 20:48:08  
@Aleste

Random dereailing, but I REALLY want your spread sheet for cures. xD Sorry!
 Fenrir.Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-04-12 20:54:23  
When we finished with the cure formula, motenten helped me out building the base for my spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvH-8hDeWGVldDRPYmtFYmlkWHRQLVI0dV9idlRySUE

Use the second tab 'editable calc'. The first one is protected.

I have it to assume WHM/SCH, AF3+2 body/legs, and 99whm tranquil heart.

Ideally you can edit the spreadsheet to ignore those assumptions, it's really just changing a value here/there.

Edit:// Economiser; one of the other guys who was working on the cure formula has been in contact with Furen (google 'ffxi cure calculator') to get his updated to the new formula. Should see it reflecting the new values soon.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-04-12 20:58:54  
Thanks for the info, I'll probably be going empy pants of Cleric's most of the time, purely because the relic pants have never fropped for me in 5 years or however long I've been doing Dynamis, lol.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-04-12 20:59:07  
Wow, that's really nice O-o I wish I could copy the code from it and put it into my own Excel sheet on my own computer so I can keep track of my own sets. My attempts to copy + paste apparently fails when getting the formulas.
 Fenrir.Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-04-12 21:02:20  
File -> Download as -> excel outta lift everything.

Something ontopic... uh.

I often find myself starting fights using (Regen4[hp/mp efficiency is worse than cure5] and) Cure5, and as the fight progresses switching to cure3/4 for more MP efficiency.

Not that I run out of MP often...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-04-12 21:04:12  
Excellent! I knew there had to be some way to do it, I'm just stupid, lol. Thank you Aleste! ^_^
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-04-12 22:01:29  
Fenrir.Aleste said: »
Changing waist to olympus and body to Anhur won't help you hit 500 skill though.

Your best bet (assuming you don't want to get enhancing merits) would be this piece:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10518/ayaos-gages

[Hands] All Races
DEF:29 Magic Accuracy+10 Healing magic skill +15 Enhancing magic skill +10 Enfeebling magic skill +15 Blue magic skill +5
LV 99 WHM BLM RDM SMN BLU SCH

Just did some more synergy and upgraded my Zenith Crown to +6 Enhancing Magic. So +500 is now do able with the Anhur Robe and Olympus Sash. And even though those hands are really nice, I might find it easier to spam Celaeno for an Anhur Robe since I haven't really had much chance to do Legion since the update.

We'll see which piece comes 1st.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-15 07:21:16  
So now that I'm playing again I decided to look into upgrading my enhancing gear set and noticed that zenith crown could be augmented. Grabbed 30 tatters out of a bazaar for 5k each and started augmenting it.

Well, 6 tries in I get this >.> It's so weird having range atk on whm gear, I love it :)

[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-15 07:27:55  
For pebble throwing like a boss.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2012-04-17 17:25:09  

Zenith pumps +1 with healing skill +6 and cure potency +4%.
What do you guys think about this?
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-17 17:34:46  
I say good luck on the HQ vomit pope hat.

It's a nice thought, and I know we're talking about "optimal" sets, but realistically, no one has even seen the abjuration for that yet, which is just insult to injury on a T0 synth with rare ingredients.

Also, is there really any use for Augmented Zenith crown for Enhancing magic? I just don't see where it would be used. 500 is so easy to hit without it except on barspells where AF3+2 interferes with a few of the enhancing magic slots --> that said, it also interferes with the head slot.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-17 17:55:24  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I say good luck on the HQ vomit pope hat.

It's a nice thought, and I know we're talking about "optimal" sets, but realistically, no one has even seen the abjuration for that yet, which is just insult to injury on a T0 synth with rare ingredients.

Also, is there really any use for Augmented Zenith crown for Enhancing magic? I just don't see where it would be used. 500 is so easy to hit without it except on barspells where AF3+2 interferes with a few of the enhancing magic slots --> that said, it also interferes with the head slot.
So easy to hit?

378 cap at 99
16 with merits
95 skill with unaugmented armor w/o lightsday
------------------------
489 enhancing skill
+8 zenith crown & +3 on lightsday
500 skill
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-17 17:57:16  
Light Arts!

Capped.

No VW luck? Get a NQ robe off the AH and grab a 100k cascade belt.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-17 17:58:57  
Yea, but I'm not able to go /sch to everything :\
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-17 17:59:53  
WHM has other subjobs?