Gun For 75 COR?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Gun for 75 COR?
Gun for 75 COR?
First Page 2
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-09 23:11:55  
I'm having a problem deciding which gun is the best to use.. for Slug Shot mostly.

As of now I have these:
Martial Gun: DMG:39 Delay:612 "TP Bonus"
Coffinmaker: DMG:40 Delay:600 Ranged Accuracy+9
Shark Gun: DMG:39 Delay:582 Ranged Accuracy+5

At first I was using Coffinmaker because of the DMG and RACC, but I am only using Martial Gun now because my Detonator was a lot more accurate and missed a lot less so was better than Slugs- even if Slugs did more dmg.

But looking back at Shark Gun.. if I want to use Slug Shot.. It's not much less RACC than CM so will the lower delay get my DoT better than the 1 extra DMG on WS? And does the "TP Bonus" from Martial help more than the RACC on both of the guns for Slug Shot?

Also, I know the delay diffence isn't much but just wondering about what other peeps think.

CM would also add a little more DMG to Quick Draw..

(No possibility for Corsairs Gun+1 so ignore that..)
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-09 23:15:08  
User submitted image
oh wait...no.
I think Martial is the way to go.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-09 23:16:42  
Ludoggy said:
User submitted image
oh wait...no.
COR Lu, its for COR....
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-09 23:17:41  
Korpg said:
Ludoggy said:
User submitted image
oh wait...no.
COR Lu, its for COR....

/dowant :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-09 23:17:42  
wait theres cors out there that arent so stingy that they afraid to shoot stuff?
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-09 23:20:33  
Dasva said:
wait theres cors out there that arent so stingy that they afraid to shoot stuff?

idk does that mean go out and test for myself?
Can't parse it and I've tried all 3 and don't -really- notice a difference with any of them.. so was wondering what other peeps think.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-09 23:24:37  
I wouldn't have thought the TP bonus would give you a massive acc bonus for your ws's (and won't give any at all unless they say accuracy varies with tp). Coffinmaker is the clear winner over Shark Gun, and if your ws's are much the same with both coffinmaker and martial gun then the higher acc and lower delay of coffinmaker makes it a winner.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-09 23:28:27  
Jurai said:
Dasva said:

idk does that mean go out and test for myself?
Can't parse it and I've tried all 3 and don't -really- notice a difference with any of them.. so was wondering what other peeps think.

no it meants 90% of the cors i talk to dont care cause they hardly ever shoot stuff. I do know one that isnt though. She uses detonator mostly for pretty dang good dmg. Hard to get hate off her alot and uses martial.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-09 23:31:44  
I've heard peeps say the TP Bonus for Slug does add alot more acc than CM can..

And that's what I was wondering CM vs Shark Gun, will the lower delay but less DMG boost my dot greater than boosting ws.

I prefer Detonator so that's why I use Martial now.. but I've been trying Slugs and the higher DMG is nice if I can avoid missing- so am trying to figure out what is best.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-09 23:35:23  
CM vs Shark Gun is only a pissy little amount of delay difference, 1 more base damage and 4 more racc is most likely going to out-weigh it. However you may also want to consider how many shots it takes you to get to 100tp, if you fire X shots and it gets you to 99tp, then getting a higher delay weapon could get you that little bit more tp per hit, which will get you there one shot sooner.

What we really need is for Wooooooooooooooodum to show up and give us the answer :o
[+]
 Garuda.Hokagereaper
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Hokagereaper 2009-05-09 23:37:22  
the solution to everything is just merit marksmenship 8/8 and use CM if not the NQ corsair's gun for uber dmg. i've got marksmenship merited 2/8 and i hardly miss slug shot. Although i do use squid sushi +1 to increase my racc.
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-09 23:37:23  
lol yea I thought about that- how many shots needed.. I'm not sure how many I do.. will have to try it out. Though most of the time I will have StoreTP roll on so it might make it the same amount of shots.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-09 23:45:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Coffinmaker for /RNG
Martial for /NIN with melee TP gain
and Corsair +1 for QD
Peacemaker for Leaden Salute spam and pulling

That about covers it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-09 23:51:16  
yeah the cor i know goes /rng and goes all out on ratt and agi/str when using detonator. Its kinda scary
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-09 23:56:13
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Death Penalty for everything.
User submitted image
/thread closed
 Sylph.Cohan
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-05-09 23:56:27  
Imma Coffinmaker kinda guy, its the only thing i use now that i have it. Kinda always wanted it, and when i got it i sold all my other guns XD.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-05-10 00:09:41  
Mabrook said:
Coffinmaker is the way to go.

Although it ain't easy to get but it looks sexy as hell when you're shooting.

James Bond Golden Gun ftw!

yeah i would go to the BCNM my friend was doing and if it dropped i just paid for it lol took FOREVER to drop that dang thing, but you are right sexy as hell lol, love pulling it out for LS with /blm and all my MAB gear its nice damage.
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-05-10 00:11:04  
Gaea said:
Death Penalty for everything.
User submitted image
/thread closed

why do you have to break my heart like that ><.
/wrist
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-10 00:13:10  
Still got 100% after 5 shots with Shark Gun and Martial.

Both 17% TP after ws then:
Martial- 34,51,68,84,101
Shark- 34,50,67,83, 100

So since having Store TP roll on most of the time that shouldn't be a problem.

That pretty much eliminates Shark Gun.. still takes 5 shots with either so why use it when CM has more DMG and Martial TP Bonus will add more Acc.

--

I've had CM for a long time- used to use on THF for fun lol.. Latent is broken so not worried about having to get it :)..
 Garuda.Ijelle
user: Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-05-15 01:23:18  
Martial Gun hands down. I love, love, love this gun. /NIN, /RNG - works fine for both.

I use Corsair's Gun for Quick Draw - getting Corsair's +1 eventually, for Quick Draw.

Personally I HAVE Coffinmaker, but RACC isn't a huge issue for me, and I don't have the time or patience to unlock CM right now.

What's your RACC? What food do you use?
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-05-15 02:02:53  
Martial if you're a melee COR or ranged TP COR..

Coffinmaker is acceptable if you have horrible r. acc and are a ranged TP COR, I guess, but your WS's will suffer

Corsair's Gun +1 for Quick Draw.
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2009-05-15 02:50:47  
Martial Gun fulltime. Period.
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-05-15 03:31:20  
<3 my Martial Gun!
 Unicorn.Sedres
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2009-05-15 04:07:55  
Martial Gun if you get your TP from melee
Coffinmaker if you get your TP through /range
Peacemaker for pulling
Corsair's/+1 for QD
Death Penalty if you have a crap ton of gil and time to get it~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Jez
By Garuda.Jez 2009-05-15 07:00:12  
Katashuro said:
Martial Gun fulltime. Period.

You are a moron, please go away. There are very few things in this game that should be full timed, COR ranged is not one of them.

Martial is the DD gun you should have though, anytime where you are DD'ing with melee/ranged. There are times where that won't be possible and you will be using Staff/Obi/Corsair Gun(+1) for nothing but QD damage. You could have a peacemaker for pulling, but its hardly necessary as if you are asked to pull, you can just do so with QD.
 Garuda.Ijelle
user: Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-05-15 16:54:21  
Sedres said:
Martial Gun if you get your TP from melee
Coffinmaker if you get your TP through /range
Peacemaker for pulling
Corsair's/+1 for QD
Death Penalty if you have a crap ton of gil and time to get it~

Actually, Coffinmaker isn't needed for /ranged TP'ing if you're geared properly.

For me, I do:

Martial Gun - Sky, Dynamis, Meripo, Einherjar DDing. Whether I'm up-close or not. Einherjar, I'm not, and I almost never miss.

Corsair's Gun - Quick Draw

Peacemaker - Pulling, on the rare occasion I do it.

Really, Corsair's Gun (NQ) isn't all that great for Quick Draw, depending on what other guns you've got in your arsenal. Chances are, you have something that is the same damage or really damn close.

I should mention though, I'm working with +73 RACC /RNG and use Squid Sushi in Einherjar. And I can swap out Qiqirn Collar for Spectacles if needed (it usually isn't). WS/Ranged TP Set.

Basically, its best to just have CM/Martial/Corsair/Peacemaker all available. Why? Because we're a multi-purpose job, and everything is situational. I still say Martial Gun is our best DD gun, however.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-15 17:02:40  
Coffinmaker because it's pretty D:<
Screw trying to be a DD, I has Blu for that. ><;
 Fairy.Lycurgus
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lycurgus 2009-05-15 17:35:22  
I am nub cor. Levelled it for something to do but never play it. I'm curious though why no mention of Murderer/Supremacy Earring combo in the thread. It has 38 base damage, so I can see it's already behind every other gun mentioned here in that regard, but 6 rattk/6str/6 mab seems nice. I would have thought an agi/mab set up might be good for QD or even leaden salute? Anyone ever tested outside a merit situation?
First Page 2