Gun For 75 COR?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Gun for 75 COR?
Gun for 75 COR?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-15 17:37:46  
Not worth the effort getting that earring imo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cyr
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-05-15 17:43:28  
Katashuro said:
Martial Gun fulltime. Period.

Fact.

Use the other guns for sucking. Also, do yourself a favor and never use slugshot on cor, even if you are spamming sushi(you should be, especially on birds). Detonator is your only WS. Martial is your only gun. And steel bullets are your only ammo.

Also, if you're not gonna fulltime squid sushi, don't even bother buying a gun. May as well just do rolls and douche your *** for the 4.5minute downtime.
 Garuda.Ijelle
サーバ: Garuda
user: Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-05-15 18:15:09  
Cyr said:
Katashuro said:
Martial Gun fulltime. Period.

Fact.

Use the other guns for sucking. Also, do yourself a favor and never use slugshot on cor, even if you are spamming sushi(you should be, especially on birds). Detonator is your only WS. Martial is your only gun. And steel bullets are your only ammo.

Also, if you're not gonna fulltime squid sushi, don't even bother buying a gun. May as well just do rolls and douche your *** for the 4.5minute downtime.

lol. A COR that gears properly can do 1.5k+ Slug Shots (which in some cases, will out-DMG their Detonators, sadly). COR/WAR's have been known to do 2.7k Slugs. Martial is your only gun for gun DD.

Sadly, 1.5k DMG is a lot for a COR, on higher level mobs, whether its meripo or in events.

COR with the right equipment setup can use Coeurl Subs instead of Squid Sushi, but personally, I stick to Sushi. Why? Because melee ACC sucks ***. >_>

Most COR prefer Slug Shot because it has the potential to do quadruple the DMG Detonator does - the real problem is, that most COR do not gear properly. With a pure RACC build you're gonna be capping at 700-800 Slug Shots on birds, so its really important to find a balance between RACC/RATK/STR/AGI for your WS setup.

I'm still waiting for my Detonators to out-damage Slug Shot in Dynamis/Einherjar/Sky though. Maybe once I have more STR/AGI equipment.
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-16 23:51:48  
Ijelle said:
Martial Gun hands down. I love, love, love this gun. /NIN, /RNG - works fine for both.

I use Corsair's Gun for Quick Draw - getting Corsair's +1 eventually, for Quick Draw.

Personally I HAVE Coffinmaker, but RACC isn't a huge issue for me, and I don't have the time or patience to unlock CM right now.

What's your RACC? What food do you use?

I only fight with ranged really.. hardly ever sword.. only when I get bored or too drunk to pay attention enough for ranged.

Have about RACC+70 and /RNG with gear, not counting 5 skill on my belt, 8/8 Marksman, and the 9 from CM. I use Pahluwan pants instead of Dusk because they look better and my RACC doesn't seem to need the extra 6. Also, don't have Crimson Gloves yet.

For food, I use Coeurl Subs full time on ranged.. not sure about melee since I don't do that much.

I guess the problem is maybe I've been in 5 merit parties on Cor, all around when I just hit 75.. so I don't have any base to really test something on since I've just been slowly improving since then.