Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 829 830 831 ... 836 837 838
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-01 15:14:49  
What are the odds of someone with an Escutcheon making a Superior 5 weapon? Are they better or worse than 1-in-10?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-01 15:22:36  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
What are the odds of someone with an Escutcheon making a Superior 5 weapon? Are they better or worse than 1-in-10?

Very difficult question to answer because you have to define what a "chance" is. In a single craft? Per material? Which material?

From my data, I'd say it's on average about 10-12 demons, double that in kindreds and beastmen, and half that in the rest of the mats.

Edit: Adding in my data for all the Su4/Su5 weapons I've made.
Total mats used:
Vagary mat: 325
Dark Matter: 300
Vendor mat: 335
Moldy Weapon: 697
Crystal: 666
Ratnaraj: 690
Adaman: 1354

46 Su4, 64 Su5 weapons made. For Su5 this works out to an average of 5.1 Vagary mats, 4.7 Dark Matter, 5.2 Vendor mats, 10.9 Weapons, 10.4 Crystals, 10.8 Ratnaraj, and 21.2 Adaman. Pretty close to my eyeball guess!

second edit: adding more details about "profit" here. Using my numbers above and the Carbuncle prices for all these mats and the final products, the profit for Crocea Mors would be -492,801,875. For Musa, it's +137,698,125, for Xiucoatl, -519,301,875. So those of you who think crafters are making money hand over fist...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-01 17:03:47  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Very difficult question to answer because you have to define what a "chance" is. In a single craft? Per material? Which material?
I guess I was thinking more "per material". I was just trying to gauge if it's worth buying all of the materials and asking around my linkshells for someone to make it, or if I'd be better off just buying it straight from the Auction House.

On Bahamut, a Rostam costs about 85M gil, and the materials are worth about 8M. I have about half of the materials (for a couple attempts) already, and I just wasn't sure if I should simply sell them and buy a Rostam outright. I also have mats for a few other items I'm interested in buying, such as JSE neck pieces.

If the odds would be in my favour, then I'd probably try that, since I could theoretically have them all. Since if I were to buy any one of those, I'd be hard-pressed to upgrade the others.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-01 17:10:09  
Risk nothing and go for the sure thing, 80m is nothing but losing that money and getting nothing would be terrible.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-01 17:20:21  
I checked using Bahamut prices and all my data, and on average over a few thousand synths, you'd lose about 438,801,875 if you make Rostams at those prices. Or maybe I'm unlucky, who knows?!

Dagger: 3m
Crystal: 1.8m
Ratnaraj: 1.8m
Adamanx2: 1m
Dark Matter: 750k
Macuil Horn: 350k
Ruth Ore: 1.126m

I'm getting about 10m per "synth" if you just count a single synth.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-03-01 17:57:26  
I'm all for just buying the finished product on the AH. Getting someone to craft for you can be messy.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-03-01 18:08:52  
Unless you want your own signature or your friends signatures on items, buy the item from the AH
By Hopalong 2024-03-01 21:53:19  
Or you have enough gil to take the risk and got nothing else to use it for.
 Bahamut.Zedoma
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-03-02 14:33:41  
Any pointers or direction on how I would go about testing the Moglification: Resist Silence %? Was thinking Ballista/Brenner as the only option.
By Nariont 2024-03-02 15:43:49  
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52250/resist-testing

assuming it's trait resist, which i think is all +resist gear is then it should get checked 1st from my understanding, gonna take awhile though
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-02 16:04:22  
Bahamut.Zedoma said: »
Any pointers or direction on how I would go about testing the Moglification: Resist Silence %? Was thinking Ballista/Brenner as the only option.

I've been doing testing on and off whenever I have free time to test these. I used the Bonfire furniture (Resist! Paralyze) and tested it on Sierra Tigers and Roar in Abyssea - Uleguerand. I use WAR with a bunch of regen atmas and just afk with a bunch of tigers with low HP attacking me. This is all the data I have at the moment:

Miss: 395
Resist!: 8
Total: 403

Results: 0.02 or ~2%

And since I'm posting these results I'll also publish my testing on the Icecrack Ring (Resist! Paralyze). I made sure I wasn't using the Bonfire furniture during the tests.

Miss: 629
Resist!: 98
Total: 727

Results: 0.135 or ~13.5%

These rings seemed to have come out around the time SOA did. I'm willing to bet they're probably Resist! +15, just like the Etiolation Earring.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zedoma
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-03-02 16:33:39  
Thanks Dekar, safe bet to assume the resist silence would also be ~2% then.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-02 17:34:11  
Is parrying skill still largely worthless on gear i.e things like the DI earring? was trying to see if there was any testing on skill but didnt see anything pop up beyond inquartata
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-04 16:03:21  
Is there anyway to prevent Sylvie from opting into Indi-Precision when I macro into my WS set?

I've been grinding MLvls on Apex Poxhounds because I like the location a lot, but in a 40/60 split, a lot of the time, Sylvie starts me off with Fury, only to immediately go to Precision.

It's very glorious when she just leaves Fury up, as it seems like I near cap PDL, and get noticeably higher WS damage.

I started bringing Sublime Sushi +1 instead of Grape Daifuku to see if the extra accuracy would get her to just full time Fury.

Doesn't seem too...

I guess the easiest solution is just alter WS setup to include more accuracy, since Fury will be more valuable than the minor gear differences, but I just wondered if anyone knows a trick.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-04 16:09:04  
How bad is your acc in the ws set that even sushi made her change.

Unfortunately no real tricks for trust behavior. Other than cast order.

I don't believe koru will even try casting distract on a hound, so that's out.
By Nariont 2024-03-04 16:14:46  
Sylvie's check is very quick, and triggers even silly things like porxies flash, if shadow claw lands on you and blinds then its basically time to resummon as she'll probably swap to precision based on that alone

Beyond that its as you said, just pile on more acc to get closer to matching your TP

EDIT: Badly Tl'd from the wiki since i've found it to have useful info for various things

Insufficient hit is determined when the enemy is examined and it is not indicated as "This monster has a low evasion rate." is not displayed, that is, when the difference between own hit and enemy evasion is less than 10.
Even if the enemy's hit rate drops momentarily due to a flash, etc., it will react, and even if the hit rate is secured afterwards, it will not be overwritten by Indifury.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-05 02:14:17  
If an NM you need for Empyrean Magian trials can spawn in Nyzul, do kills of it in Nyzul count for the trial?
By jubes 2024-03-05 03:37:06  
no
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-05 08:02:25  
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a few times, but I apologize as I couldn't find it... Can you leave one Prime Weapon at a certain stage and get started on another?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-05 08:06:58  
Yes, nothing locks you in to a prime. Long as the taru isn't already holding one to upgrade for that vanadiel day you can immediately trade a different one
[+]
By K123 2024-03-05 14:19:12  
Does sekpata DA dmg+13% work on WS if it double attacks?
By Nariont 2024-03-05 14:35:19  
no
By K123 2024-03-05 15:24:45  
How far up Arebati could I kill as something like PLD WAR SAM BRD COR WHM? V10 or 15?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-05 15:45:39  
That's kind of difficult to tell you exactly what veng level you could clear without knowing your group's skill/gear etc. But just judging from history, most starter groups should be able to clear at least up to V10. There are no obscene mechanics like V20/25 (adds, hard damage immunities, ws wall) that you would have to overcome outside of removing the aura. It could be done, though annoying.

Anyways, that setup you suggested probably wouldn't be fun to try on V15, especially with a starter group. Glassy Nova is a full buff reset, so you would have to constantly rebuff your party. It would be more annoying and you would probably time out. The ideal comp for a V10/15 Arebati is to use shooting jobs: cor + rng, with only maybe the tank in range (can add a GEO here). Something like COR RNG PLD (RUN might be better) GEO BRD RDM (WHM SCH is fine too). PLD brings panaceas and heals himself, and stay locked in your most magical defensive set so you dont get locked in the wrong set. Shoot him down from range and the only person you have to heal and keep buffed is the pld when he inevitably loses all of his buffs. I think that would be the setup with the most success given the veng level you wanted to try. PLD can mostly heal himself, a RDM could add Phalanx and Haste to help with the tank's timers, and toss out some heals here and there. WHM is simpler, but IMO you might not need that much healing if the tank is well geared.
By K123 2024-03-05 16:11:43  
I actually did try it on a V15 and yeah it sucked. Just thinking about common to find jobs I can grab for pug to get up to being able to pop v20 myself.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-05 17:10:22  
I think using melee jobs for V15 Arebati would be a tall task for PUG, imo. The dispel, constant terror and nasty TP moves in general just don't lend itself to be fought close up, unless you are employing a TP denial strategy with a BST or SMN, or doing a 2-KI attempt or something similar. And those methods somewhat require a bit more group cohesion; not something you can throw together with random savage blade jobs. Shooting jobs are the best option for the Lion as far as a pick up group goes.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-05 17:27:08  
What kind of gear/sets/etc. are expected for entry level Odyssey and stuff like V0 clear and all that?

Heck, segment farms?

Can anyone give me the lowdown on getting started on Odyssey? My brain's having trouble now that the game's taking more effort on my part.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-06 15:23:10  
Two questions: If an enemy is not immune to Cruel Joke, how accurate/inaccurate can it be? And does Elemental Seal boost its accuracy?
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-03-06 17:14:44  
If an enemy is not immune to cruel joke, it has the standard macc check that any other non immunobreak enfeeble has. If it lands the enemy will die when it expires.

Elemental seal is just massive Macc so it will help it land same as any other spell, The death portion has nothing to do with macc tho, once its on, its on.
By Beau 2024-03-07 00:42:26  
Anyone know the exact AOE yalm range for Asylum? Asking to know exactly how far in to run to the party while fighting (in my case Gartell if he lives long enough to switch from Thunder to Wind). I'm guessing it would be no different than Benediction's/Sacro's 14 yalm range per BG-Wiki.
First Page 2 3 ... 829 830 831 ... 836 837 838