Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 828 829 830 ... 842 843 844
By Seun 2024-02-23 15:44:12  
Taint said: »
Odyssey is daily for ~1mil gil per PUG, lots of shouts on Asura which may be different on other servers.

Making gil in Ody is also situational. If you're running C then you're not running A/B, which means you're spending that gil you earned in C on the materials to RP your Unity gear. If you've already upgraded all the items you need to make, you're probably capable of making more gil elsewhere.
[+]
By Taint 2024-02-23 18:04:27  
Seun said: »
Odyssey is daily for ~1mil gil per PUG, lots of shouts on Asura which may be different on other servers.

Making gil in Ody is also situational. If you're running C then you're not running A/B, which means you're spending that gil you earned in C on the materials to RP your Unity gear. If you've already upgraded all the items you need to make, you're probably capable of making more gil elsewhere.

C is ~1mil Gil for touching the end. Plus you get segments.

A/B can be more gil but less shouts, less segments and most do the chest method.
[+]
By Seun 2024-02-23 18:53:00  
Seun said: »

C is ~1mil Gil for touching the end. Plus you get segments.

A/B can be more gil but less shouts, less segments and most do the chest method.

You either sacrifice segs for gil/progress or vice versa. The main point I was making is that A/B are more rewarding for gil. This is even if you're soloing doing 'the chest method'. It makes the most sense to split farm if you're trying to progress your RP and your wealth.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-27 14:14:50  
Which Empyreans stand out in today's climate?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-27 14:20:04  
Honestly- Most.

The only real ones that stick out as either poor choices or super-niche to me would be:

Staff
Club
1h Sword
1h Axe (I have one- definitely fun but hard to justify choosing that vs other choices I find)
Shield? (I don't PLD, but I sure do hear a lot saying these days that a stage2/3 Duban suffices just fine in replacement)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-27 14:27:22  
I know someone having some very serious issues not being able to get SE to answer them about getting back on to the game following a card issue. It has been over two weeks and they have not responded. Is there any other way to contact them in the EU other than the dumb ticket system?
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 14:34:46  
Customer support is incredibly unhelpful unless it's something a GM can do directly, I remember I had an issue with my credit card 10 years ago and they just would not help. I just gave up in the end and swapped to paypal, still isn't fixed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-27 14:39:17  
RadialArcana said: »
Customer support is incredibly unhelpful unless it's something a GM can do directly, I remember I had an issue with my credit card 10 years ago and they just would not help. I just gave up in the end and swapped to paypal, still isn't fixed.

You can do it with PayPal??? That's interesting. Maybe I can set that up for them.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 14:44:42  
yeah you can buy Crysta with paypal.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-27 14:46:37  
It does kinda blow to do it manually every month (or every how ever long you want to pay in advance) but it works.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-27 14:49:56  
RadialArcana said: »
yeah you can buy Crysta with paypal.

Could be a good temporary measure until they get around to fixing it.
By SimonSes 2024-02-27 15:21:27  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It does kinda blow to do it manually every month (or every how ever long you want to pay in advance) but it works.

Only if you have xx bot accounts to pay for. Normally it's a non issue XD
[+]
By BlackmoreKnight 2024-02-27 17:40:46  
Quote:
Shield? (I don't PLD, but I sure do hear a lot saying these days that a stage2/3 Duban suffices just fine in replacement)

If you can deal with the MP drain tick then Stage 2 gives you the block rate and strength that Ochain does via being a size 6 shield, and by Stage 3 it's just better outside of Ochain's tiny niche of giving damage to MP on block. Duban is an ilevel shield even incomplete so it also gives you +Shield Skill that Ochain doesn't.

With the abundance of damage-to-MP gear out there for PLD I can't see the benefit of making an Ochain now outside of lockstyle purposes when by every other metric Duban is just Better. So for someone just coming to the game/PLD Ochain is a historical curiosity. Duban goes from basically-Ochain at stage 2 to better Ochain but also half of what people actually use Aegis for at stage 5.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-27 17:50:10  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Honestly- Most.

The only real ones that stick out as either poor choices or super-niche to me would be:

Staff
Club
1h Sword
1h Axe (I have one- definitely fun but hard to justify choosing that vs other choices I find)
Is Almace basically just not good now because Savage Blade has upped the ante for all the other REMA swords / Naegling exists/ the jobs on it basically have better options?
By Nariont 2024-02-27 17:53:54  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Is Almace basically just not good now because Savage Blade

Basically this, and in blu's case expi as well. Also am3 is just not as enticing for the jobs on there as only blu gets real crit dmg bonus to push that aspect.

But really its just that savage is just that damn good.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-27 17:54:04  
Almace got dumpstered by the ws specific wsd change to zona, mostly

And tpbonus offhand viability does nothing for cdc, but does a lot for other ws

Naeging just was the coup de grace
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-27 18:00:13  
BlackmoreKnight said: »
the benefit of making an Ochain now outside of lockstyle purposes
For real, though, the Ochain is far and above my favourite-looking shield in the game lol
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2024-02-27 18:04:50  
Did they move Cemetery Cherry when they added all of the Apex/Locus mobs in KRT?
[+]
By jubes 2024-02-27 19:11:55  
i saw cherry saplings by the beetles the other day, i don't think it changed
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-29 15:20:28  
I only just now discovered how simple it is to move a borderless-fullscreen game (as I run XI) from one display to another. The problem is that my second display is considerably lower-resolution than my primary. Using Win+Shift+Arrow to move my 1920x1080 FFXI window to my 1600x900 monitor compresses the window to a point where it's very difficult to read anything on the screen, and bringing it back over to my higher-res primary monitor keeps it at that compressed resolution. Tabbing it back and forth again compresses it even further.

My questions are thus: Is it possible to move it to a different display and properly fit to a different resolution? And is there a command to re-inflate the resolution back to its original value when I switch it back?
By Seun 2024-02-29 16:06:21  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
My questions are thus: Is it possible to move it to a different display and properly fit to a different resolution? And is there a command to re-inflate the resolution back to its original value when I switch it back?

Have you tried ctrl alt + or ctrl alt - for increasing/decreasing? You might need to adjust down to secondary resolution prior to starting the game and then change it each time you move it back and forth, unless you're OK with just running at a lower resolution on primary.

I haven't tried it, but I think there was a UI scale slider in the XItools that might help visibility in smaller or larger resolutions.
By Meeble 2024-02-29 16:22:24  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

If you're using Windower, the wincontrol console command will let you move or resize the window via commands, but if you want to change the actual resolution or UI scale you'll have to restart the game.

You can add an alias to your /scripts/init.txt for easy movement between set positions - i.e. //monitor1, //monitor2, etc.

alias monitor1 wincontrol move x y; wincontrol resize w h
alias monitor2 wincontrol move x y; wincontrol resize w h
By K123 2024-03-01 10:23:40  
Why don't we know how much this reduces INT:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Dulling_Arrow

Should be easy to test?
By Nariont 2024-03-01 10:39:19  
https://wiki.ffo.jp/html/2538.html

Int-15
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-01 12:05:39  
Hey, the drop rates for the Sacro gear from Alexander HTBF:

Are they worse than Malignance, considered worse than Malignance, and do they only drop at higher difficulties?

I've done like 60 Alexander fights on VE and the last 30 or so on E with at least TH3 (TH8+ on the VEs) and have yet to see any Sacro gear.

I've had the shield from AMAN trove for a long long time, but I'm after the breastplate, and wanted to know people's lived experience with getting it.
By Taint 2024-03-01 12:08:36  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Hey, the drop rates for the Sacro gear from Alexander HTBF:

Are they worse than Malignance, considered worse than Malignance, and do they only drop at higher difficulties?

I've done like 60 Alexander fights on VE and the last 30 or so on E with at least TH3 (TH8+ on the VEs) and have yet to see any Sacro gear.

I've had the shield from AMAN trove for a long long time, but I'm after the breastplate, and wanted to know people's lived experience with getting it.

Terrible up to Normal. Drop like Candy at VD.
[+]
By jubes 2024-03-01 12:09:33  
better than lilith i'd say, but ymmv of course. normal on a dd job is doable with the right trusts, i think my combination was ulmia selh'teus qultada yoran-oran and karaha-baruha. just make sure selh'teus is in range to get hit by aoes so he'll rejuvination and keep the whms stocked on mp.

boring fight and takes a long time, so good luck!
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-01 12:38:08  
Did it on rdm/nin and just had a vile and +1 incase he did it twice. Brygid/ygnas/ulmia/cherrukki/arc1. Sels a nice idea but kept scing off me, medicine man and/or yoran also likely open up more flexibility since they can get their own mp/dont need it

Takes about 10 mins on normal just spamming SB
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-03-01 13:38:47  
How much evasion does Gin have now? (feel like bg-wiki lists the old old evasion for him but could be wrong)
First Page 2 3 ... 828 829 830 ... 842 843 844