Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 762 763 764 ... 834 835 836
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2022-12-06 22:13:39  
I'm not an FFXI math expert, but as I understand it, WSD on equipment is a stat added to the WS's ftp . For example, WSD 10% would add 0.10 to the WS's ftp .

Question is, is the WSD still added if you're at 3000 TP? And similarly if you're already effectively at 3000 TP after adding in things like moonshade, TP bonus weapons, savagery, etc.?

For example, if you're using savage blade, at 3000 TP and have a total of 20% WSD in your gear, is the ftp going to be 13.75 or 13.95?
By Hopalong 2022-12-06 22:30:40  
So why has alexandrite gone from steady 300k to now at 400k or a little less for about two months.
By Rips 2022-12-06 22:40:08  
Hopalong said: »
So why has alexandrite gone from steady 300k to now at 400k or a little less for about two months.

My most accurate guess is that more alexandrite comes from ambu than it’s original home: salvage (even with all those salvage bots.) Harder ambu’s = less supply. Less supply = prices go up on the AH. This month with iron giants return, people have expressed that it’s much more difficult than last time. There ya go.

Funny enough, you can gauge how difficult (or annoying) an ambu is in its current month by going to look at the prices of the items that come from it instead of ambu threads itself. This is also why alexandrite, heavy metal plates and the other items are at their lowest prices during, say, the frog ambuscade which is notoriously the most easiest one of them all.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-12-06 22:51:37  
I get that, but across I said two, but I think its closer to three months it pegged at 400k. I think that points to fewer people playing or change in bots from alexandrite to other greener pastures I dunno.

At 400k a stack, its almost or is worth it again to farm alex (20min 400k). Can do after your (20min 900k swart run).
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-06 23:14:18  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Apparently they work like this:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Virtue_Weapons

So yeah, probably not going to be replicated by the augment.
I'm pretty sure they can actually proc on every DA/TA in a round, cause I've seen plenty of 4 swing Great Axe attack rounds, and plenty of 4 swing offhand rounds on my RDM.
By Hopalong 2022-12-06 23:22:36  
Yes they proc DA rounds, and a lot like 50%, but we can all skip virtue weapons I'm pretty sure.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-07 01:52:55  
Ragnarok.Magicobandito said: »
I'm not an FFXI math expert, but as I understand it, WSD on equipment is a stat added to the WS's ftp . For example, WSD 10% would add 0.10 to the WS's ftp .

Question is, is the WSD still added if you're at 3000 TP? And similarly if you're already effectively at 3000 TP after adding in things like moonshade, TP bonus weapons, savagery, etc.?

For example, if you're using savage blade, at 3000 TP and have a total of 20% WSD in your gear, is the ftp going to be 13.75 or 13.95?
Wut?
I think you're mixing TP bonus with WSD.
 Shiva.Carrelo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-12-07 02:31:18  
Asura.Sechs said: »

Wut?
More likely this is confusion stemming from the descriptions on fotia gorget and fotia belt, both of which (incorrectly) say "weapon skill damage" despite granting a flat bonus to ftp。

To answer OP's question: yes, WSD still works at 3000 TP (as does the ftp boost from fotia). You'll lose the value of any TP Bonus that exceeds 3000 TP, though.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-07 04:50:24  
Hopalong said: »
I get that, but across I said two, but I think its closer to three months it pegged at 400k. I think that points to fewer people playing or change in bots from alexandrite to other greener pastures I dunno.

At 400k a stack, its almost or is worth it again to farm alex (20min 400k). Can do after your (20min 900k swart run).

There can be so many reasons for this, especially on smaller servers. The most obvious answer is that a player with a lot of gil saved up has started buying out all the cheaper alex, which leaves only the higher prices ones and slowly causing a steady increase in prices. When they finish, the prices will slowly drop back to normal.

Stuff like this can very much so be influenced by one dedicated buyer.
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2022-12-07 10:54:13  
Shiva.Carrelo said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

Wut?
More likely this is confusion stemming from the descriptions on fotia gorget and fotia belt, both of which (incorrectly) say "weapon skill damage" despite granting a flat bonus to ftp。

To answer OP's question: yes, WSD still works at 3000 TP (as does the ftp boost from fotia). You'll lose the value of any TP Bonus that exceeds 3000 TP, though.

I see. Thanks for clarifying!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-07 13:23:11  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I know this was in here before, but it's been a while.

What do you have to do so that a kvm switch works without crashing XI, was it software or was it hardware based
(normally open or normally closed?)

Can I get an answer on a kvm. When an hdmi is unplugged it loses power and crashes all XI instances, instantly. But I know people currently use kvms. Is it because the kvm is designated "normally open" as in always powered. Or is it something else that's preventing the crashes.

So I kinda learned a snazzy hack today I guess.

If you turn the monitor off, unplug it from the wall, then you can unplug an hdmi without crashing anything.

I guess if the source has no power, the connection can't say it was unplugged and cause the resize crash. Neat.

Next step is to find out of any KCM will work simply by depowering the monitor before switching. For another day though.

Most likely useless information but if anyone ever wonders. You guys switch screens too much to make that relevant info but I only need to swtich like twice a day so it's a non issue to plug it to make the switch.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-07 14:41:28  
Im 99.9% sure dgvoodoo prevents resolution change crashes. Is there a reason you dont use it? Or you use it and it still crashes?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-07 14:49:44  
Just never felt like *** with it. Every new thing is just one more point of failure and annoyance for a game that already randomly crashes entirely too often.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-12-07 15:09:18  
Probably takes like 10 minutes to set up and you never have to deal with this crap again.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Itsasaga
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Itsasaga 2022-12-07 15:40:10  
If someone is able to hook SpecialK(the software, not the cereal ahahaha) properly with ffxi and dgvoodoo, let me know/PM me.

I went pretty far in, I mean, I set it up properly and all, but ended up with difficulties when multiboxing (background/foreground related).
By Flatliner 2022-12-08 00:42:20  
If I spend 10k job points to Oboro to unlock "Upgrading my weapons even further" with Chango does that mean that any Aeonics I get in the future I will also be able to r15 or do I have to go spend 10k more job points on the next weapon too?
 Bahamut.Galakar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-12-08 00:45:29  
Don't need to do it again for Aeonics. You're not unlocking a certain weapon, but a REMA weapon category.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-09 02:28:47  
If Hobgoblin Blagger was removed this year, where do you get Air Tanks from?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-09 04:36:19  
Friend of mine wants to return to the game after like, I dunno, over 10 years.
He wanted info on Windower and DGvoodoo.
For the first I gave him the Windower website but is there some DGvoodoo setup guide somewhere? I did it aeons ago using a post somewhere here on FFXIAH but I have no bloody clue where that was.
 Asura.Itsasaga
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Itsasaga 2022-12-09 04:39:17  
That be the thread you are looking for I think, might need to skim through a bit. thread
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-12-09 06:24:03  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Graphics_Enhancement_Guide
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-09 12:27:00  
Just as an FYI, Findall is not finding gear stored on the moogle via Storage Slip 30. I had a mini heart attack when I couldn't find several pieces of +3 I was looking for. Pulled it out of moogle, did findall, could see it. Put back at moogle and it wouldn't find it. So yeah.

Not sure who to contact or if this is the right spot to put this (prob not), but just making other aware. I guess there's a lua where you can load the list to it, but I have no idea how to update that.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-12-09 20:28:31  
Shows how much we rely on findall and how bloated inventory is.

A proper game would figure out how to make that easier on the user instead of recognizing that bloat is good for the bottom line and charging 2 dollars x 4 extra each month. At some point our minds just get tired of searching through so many inventories.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-10 11:49:56  
Why is Arrapago Remnants a JP midnight wait whereas the other three aren't?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-10 11:54:46  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Why is Arrapago Remnants a JP midnight wait whereas the other three aren't?

Simple answer: Bots

Longer answer; It's the best zone by 1 alexandrite so it is of course the only zone people will do, so instead of balancing the other 3 zones they *** over everyone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Demetor
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Demetor
By Bismarck.Demetor 2022-12-10 17:42:00  
I think the zone congestion was more due to the fact that Cerberus and other bosses were more annoying to deal with at the time. I’m pretty sure the adjustment predates even Rhapsody in Azure which means it was strictly targeted at people doing double pass days. Keep in mind how weak our options for Physical and Magical splits would have been back then, magic evasion for Dveger, etc.

Also very close to the infinite boss respawn exploit so people were probably occupying the zone for the full time limit which would lock people out.

They could probably lift it at this point since they can clearly manage larger player loads now, but also no positive incentive for them to do so. Non-bots planning to farm a large amount of Salvage would see the restriction and just plan to focus on a different zone, so it only becomes an inconvenience for magian trials which is certainly valid but effects a small amount of players for a finite amount of time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-10 21:31:24  
It was an easier zone to bot, yes. Cerb was very easy for blu bots though. It was primarily because it has the highest alex drops possible.

Had they simply adjusted the alex rate in the 3 other zones, it would've been fine. They will -never- roll it back to normal.

(the hydra zone is realllllllllllly shitty. it takes too long to get gear)
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-11 23:11:29  
Why didn't they put a home point crystal directly in Heavens Tower?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-12-11 23:14:52  
Because you need mission progression (which you can lose if you change your nationality) to enter the zone.
First Page 2 3 ... 762 763 764 ... 834 835 836