Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 760 761 762 ... 834 835 836
By Rips 2022-11-20 13:02:34  
I have not been paying attention to end game builds for quite sometimes, especially to warrior, but warrior has caught my eye.

Is dual wielding on warrior with a Nageling / Kraken Club a thing? I’m picturing severe savage blade spam juiciness but haven’t really seen it.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-20 13:05:45  
It's a thing sure. Less of a thing cause there's so much da and giving up fencer

Fun tho cus y knot
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-11-20 13:38:39  
Damn what a ***day did not jog for 4 days, Went from 13kM Jog a day to 0 the past 4 days >.< I EVEN ORDERED MCDONALDS TO WATCH THE WORLD CUP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-21 04:25:09  
Is there a windower addon that displays how long you've been in combat with a targeted enemy?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-22 01:55:57  
Strange question but, which WS are you guys using Oshasha's Treatise for?
Clearly there's no place for it for jobs who have access to Knobkierrie.
For many other jobs you can decide using the related spreadsheet, but lotsa jobs don't have one.

For single hit WS that have a single mod and for the jobs who have an Ammo item with a high amount of that mod, then Oshasha should lose.
Like Seething+1 R15 and STR based 1-hit WSs.

I'm not really sure what would win in several other situations though.
Like for magical WSs on RDM. You can use stuff like Pamphredo or other compareable options, would Oshasha be competitive there?

What about for Savage Blade, it's technically 2 hits but WSD tipically works pretty well on it.
By Rips 2022-11-23 13:19:49  
Does anyone have a SellNPC/profiles file that has all the junk in the game that's vendor trash to share?

I'm popping my mules keys at the gobbie box everyday and I'll trade you my first born for it.

Thank you.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-23 13:25:10  
Why not just add them yourself as they pop up?

Also, vendor trash is subjective. A stack of mythril ore AH's for 10k, but vendors for 3k. Someone may insist on AHing it for the extra 7k.
By Rips 2022-11-23 13:28:18  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Why not just add them yourself as they pop up?

Also, vendor trash is subjective. A stack of mythril ore AH's for 10k, but vendors for 3k. Someone may insist on AHing it for the extra 7k.

I have been, slowly but surely. But if someone has a file with thousands of items on hand that they're willing to share, I'll ask lol.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-11-23 14:53:12  
I use a custom sparky purge list I made from the windower asset list of every item in the game, narrowed down to only sellables excluding equipment (except trash I add from BC drops when needed) , and further narrowed down every item that sells for less than a mil on AH and then categorized by type of item

*poof* goes the trash

(definitely something to unload before crafting lest you accidentally sell all your mats, oof)

too big so rest of it in the list below
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-11-23 15:05:14  

use at your own risk. This is the "I'm mega rich and I just want this ***gone" list. And again, the equipment/weapons/armor sections are missing a billion things, because it's all just custom added stuff as things popped up I needed to sell
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-23 16:07:55  
Man - God bless. Thank you. I didn't think to pull from existing resources like that.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-23 17:25:02  
Hol up, you can add items to sellnpc list via item id?!?
By Draylo 2022-11-23 18:04:50  
Where are you placing that with the item ID and those --, or is it just a file you saved stuff? Have to copy just the names otherwise.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-11-23 19:58:39  
The item number corresponds to the item after the comma

I don't use sellnpc so I don't know how it works. This is for a sparky file to //sparky purge
By RadialArcana 2022-11-24 17:10:37  
Odd UI question:

I know the visual weather icons appear here:

On the bottom left when weather is in effect
On item descriptions if they have elemental stats
Synergy dialogue
Ephemeral moogle dialogue
Puppetmaster automaton elemental search ui for attachments

I'm pretty sure I'm missing one, specifically the UI displaying it somewhere and not some random chat integration. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-24 17:12:07  
Storm from SCH icons

Might only be with xiview, can't remember if there's a standard game icon for storms lol
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-24 22:20:51  
The Fotia Gorget's Save TP+1 or whatever, it lets you keep every TP you had when you WSed?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-24 22:24:43  
yes, it means you have a 1% chance to not consume TP when you WS

keep in mind this isn't conserve TP nor save TP.

Conserve TP causes you to get a small bonus to TP return on WS sometimes. It's a random amount and often will try to "conserve" less TP than you actually get back normally, which causes it to do nothing.

Save TP gives you an amount of TP return equal to your Save TP stat, as long as your Save TP stat is higher than your regular TP return.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-11-24 23:05:10  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It's a random amount and often will try to "conserve" less TP than you actually get back normally, which causes it to do nothing.
This is not how conserve TP works. If that were the case You'd never, ever see a conserve TP proc on DRG, since the normal TP return from most WS is higher than the max conserve TP return value of 200. And DRG sees these procs all the time.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Conserve_TP
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-25 00:04:47  
Edited that page for additional clarity
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-25 16:11:15  
Why would people pay 2 million gil for a stack of Imperial Mythril Pieces over 200k for a stack of gold pieces?

Are there other uses for Imperial currency that aren't on the wikis?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-25 16:15:54  
Stupid people do stupid ***.

Newer players likely don't even know you can change golds into mythrils (and mythrils into silver and silver into bronze) so they just buy the stack of mythril for the AF/pup

Odin, yall silly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-25 16:27:18  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Why would people pay 2 million gil for a stack of Imperial Mythril Pieces over 200k for a stack of gold pieces?

Are there other uses for Imperial currency that aren't on the wikis?
There's a lot of stuff like that. I'm not sure if it's ignorance or convenience, but someone will buy something on the Auction House for 500,000 gil when you can buy it from an NPC for like 40k.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-25 16:31:31  
Bit a both. Too much money cause it's too easy to get. So they spend it carelessly.

Economics 101.

Ignorance. No one talks about how NPCs sell stuff. Or where/which ones sell/do what. People don't even communicate in the damn game anymore lol.

Me and you know bg will tell us who sells what, but normies, they're clueless.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-26 19:43:48  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
is crystals still the fastest way to farm accolades without 500dmg? not including limited roe like gain xp

I mean, in conjunction with other ones yeah. The fastest accolades are simply from killing things fast. Target mobs that have an ROE, with the matching type in the limited (beast plant aquan) and have signet/ionis/sigil etc

Every kill gets you ~100 accolades (unity bonus, rov bonus etc) Crystals only get you 100 every 3-4 kills themselves.

Having as many objectives as possible set are the goal. Even 500 damage only gets you there 5% faster, way faster cleaving mobs and just killing in one shot. Like Abyssea.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-27 16:47:39  

What are the odds?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-27 17:01:12  
SEEDED
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-27 19:58:59  
Limited time objective: Vanquish Undead.

Where do you all find is a quick and easy place to do this one? I always had ignored this and Vanquish Arcana as they didn't appeal to me, but now I kind of am interested.

I decided Ro'Mauve would be good for Arcana since it is a Survival Guide warp away. I was thinking KRT for Undead, but I know they mixed those monsters around and don't know if there are 20 easy-to-get to kills there. Better location for Undead?

While I'm asking, where do you all do Aquans, Beasts, Lizards, Plantoids, Vermin, and Birds too?

Thank you in advance.
First Page 2 3 ... 760 761 762 ... 834 835 836