Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 758 759 760 ... 842 843 844
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-09 13:19:02  
I use my KVM to share between my work laptop and my desktop, so my controller is only ever plugged into the desktop and I never lose connectivity. I have actually never had a KVM kill FFXI and I have used about four because they are cheap AF pieces of ***from no name electronics mills. My biggest problem with them has been crap like "key combinations don't work" and less anything about FFXI crashing.

I went upmarket on the last one and got this: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-4K60Hz-DisplayPort-Switch-Built/dp/B08148Y9RR

It has worked for a year (displayport, but both Mac and PC at the same time) and no complaints yet.
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-11-09 13:31:39  
This unit switches back and forth with controller no crashes

GREATHTEK Dual Monitor HDMI KVM Switch 2 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Hub, UHD 4K@30Hz YUV4:4:4 Downward Compatible, USB Powered, Hotkey Switch, with Cables https://a.co/d/46znG72
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-09 14:32:17  
crashes are probably because no dgvoodoo and using kvm without edid emulation, so desktop resolution changes and all the xi instances crash

edid emulation will make the computer think the monitor never disconnected, but cheap kvms won't have that

dgvoodoo will make xi not crash when monitor is lost
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-09 14:35:12  
So it is dgvoodoo and not which kvm
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-09 15:06:54  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So it is dgvoodoo and not which kvm

Lack of dgvoodoo, he is saying. I have used it for a long time too so that might be what saves me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-09 15:07:53  
That's what I mean, I don't use it, and will crash no matter which kvm I pick.

Unless the ones that keep the cable energized work
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-09 15:20:19  
DGVoodoo is a godsend at ffxi stability. Theres a 99% chance that using DGVoodoo will alleviate any crashing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-09 15:20:42  
Yeah it’s dgvoodoo that prevents crashing. You can actually completely lock your pc screen and ffxi will stay open in the background. It’s nice.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-09 15:34:50  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's what I mean, I don't use it, and will crash no matter which kvm I pick.

Unless the ones that keep the cable energized work

it isn't about keeping the cable energized specifically, EDID is the standard used to tell the computer resolution of connected monitors, having power pins active or the kvm device itself active won't solve that

a high end KVM has EDID emulation and will detect the last resolution sent through each port, so it can pretend the monitor is connected to all devices at once by continuing to send the EDID information as if the monitor remained connected.. you're not going to find it on chinaware under $100 though
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-09 15:40:09  
I've not seen edid mentioned in any of the listings so far, even the $500 dollar options.

But if dgvoodoo will make a $20 switch work, I guess that's the answer.

Ah, there's one
Quote:
【4K 60Hz Resolution & Smart EDID】 The HDMI+HDMI KVM Switch supports max resolution up to 3840*2160@60Hz, it comes with EDID emulators in each input port, keep Mac and PC always having correct display information.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-09 23:32:27  
Anyone have any strong opinions about RDM group 2 merits nowadays? They're all pretty dang good, but I'm like torn between Macc, Enhancing Duration, and Enspell damage.

Also, Ethereal Earring is still the go-to Apoc Nigh earring these days, right? It turns out 4 Trusts at 75 is more than good enough to down Storms of Fate, so I'm gonna sidestep into Apoc Nigh sooner or later. (Recording every story thing slows my prog tremendously, but it's been a blast. I do look forward to Item Level times but savoring things as I go piece by piece).
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-11-09 23:46:47  
I mean, you don't really need more enhancing duration do you? Personally I put it into Magic Accuracy and Immunobreak but it probably depends on what content you're gonna be doing.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-10 01:39:07  
My personal take on RDM group2 Merits

• Enfeebling Magic Duration - I think this can be pretty useful, borderline vital for some fights (like the Odin D/VD solo)

• Magic Accuracy - Possibly the most useful one, in terms of how it can be useful pretty much in anything you do

• Enhancing Magic Duration - Unless you get *** from even just +1 sec duration like me, I wouldn't say it's that useful these days. Can make a small difference if you're, like, supposed to stand in the backline supporting everyone and in charge of buffing a whole alliance, used to be a thing in the early Divergence Dynamis days

• Immunobreak Chance - Can be useful against some targets where Immunobreak makes a difference. I find it useful on some T3 Odyssey V20 fights

• En-spell Damage - If for some reason you want to do content where you want to use Crocea Mors to DPS, then this becomes very useful

• Accuracy - Useless, Composure already gives all the acc you may need imho

What I'd suggest for an average RDM is probably 5/5 Macc and 5/5 Immunobreak.
If you don't intend to change your merits often I think this setup brings the most utility in most situations.
Swap Immunobreak for Enfeebling Duration maybe if you find yourself fighting easy stuff where you always land debuffs on first cast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-11-10 21:06:42  
Anyone noticing any weird intimidations from rabbits or other monsters? I noticed the new ones in Bibiki Bay were intimidating my PLD/BLU. I went to The Boyahda Tree and tested it on the Moss Eaters there and also saw them intimidating me.

I do have Beast Killer set but as far as I know that should only intimidate them, not me for whatever reason. I have no gear that's giving me any sort of monster affinity (like the old Crimson armor set).

Edit: I do also have my native Undead Killer as well as Plantoid, Lizard, and Beast Killer from /BLU. Maybe they broke something with Killer traits?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-10 21:34:04  
probably a bug, don't think there has ever been a way for players to get lizard affinity outside of monstrosity
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-10 21:47:18  
Enfeebling Duration is huge if you're doing low duration enfeebles like break or bind, and can help you make Gravity II last until Saboteur is up again.

RDMs have such immense MACC these days that 25 MACC is unlikely to ever be noticed, so I'd personally suggest against using that category unless your fights are all too short fot duration to be a concern (like some Ambus).

Unless you're soloing, I'd personally suggest Enfeebling as #1, then Enhancing or Immunobreak as #2, depending if the mobs you're fighting need immunobreaks. For example, in Sortie you never need to immunobreak anything, but in Gaol you do.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-11-10 22:09:42  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Anyone noticing any weird intimidations from rabbits or other monsters? I noticed the new ones in Bibiki Bay were intimidating my PLD/BLU. I went to The Boyahda Tree and tested it on the Moss Eaters there and also saw them intimidating me.

I do have Beast Killer set but as far as I know that should only intimidate them, not me for whatever reason. I have no gear that's giving me any sort of monster affinity (like the old Crimson armor set).

Edit: I do also have my native Undead Killer as well as Plantoid, Lizard, and Beast Killer from /BLU. Maybe they broke something with Killer traits?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Egoist%27s_Tathlum

using that by chance? some items give you an affinity, this one would make you intimidated by beasts and I think it's a common pld item for HP balancing (I use it). There's also another item I cannot find that gives affinity, an earring iirc. You might have more items that make you that mob family most likely when swapping sets.

edit: I know you said you have none before someone answers. Some items are not well reported for having one, that was my point :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-11-10 22:40:41  
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Cerberus.Dekar said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Egoist%27s_Tathlum

using that by chance? some items give you an affinity, this one would make you intimidated by beasts and I think it's a common pld item for HP balancing (I use it). There's also another item I cannot find that gives affinity, an earring iirc. You might have more items that make you that mob family most likely when swapping sets.

edit: I know you said you have none before someone answers. Some items are not well reported for having one, that was my point :P

You are correct, sir! I had no idea so I appreciate learning something new. Much appreciated for the help.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-10 22:58:10  
TIL there's affinity on egoist tathlum
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-11-10 23:20:31  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Mamool_Ja_Earring

this is also the earring I was mentioning with another affinity. A friend used to have problems when using it in the past and got intimidated, then killed, while trying to use it :P. I'm editing bgwiki too to represent this, and I hopefully made egoist' more visible with his hidden effect.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-11-11 23:11:00  
Been wondering, in the case of say magian OH how low does your acc need to be with it to be a loss vs a normal ilvl one youd cap hit rate with? Can use savage blade as the ws example since i think thats the common use for it.
 Asura.Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-11-12 02:10:13  
Can all oseem sets get phalanx during dark matter? I know herc/valorous/odyssean get it, but does that mean also chironic/merlinic? I checked a bit but didn't find a confirmation but i've also not slept all night <.<

thanks!
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-11-12 02:40:35  
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Can all oseem sets get phalanx during dark matter? I know herc/valorous/odyssean get it, but does that mean also chironic/merlinic? I checked a bit but didn't find a confirmation but i've also not slept all night <.<

thanks!
Yep! They can all get it.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-12 05:48:08  
Have they ever done a Besieged event campaign where Besieged gets kicked up to like... 10x as strong as it is?

Like, it amazes me that people end it in like 45 seconds even at level 8, but also like... I'd love to be able to hear the Besieged music for a little bit longer lol.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-14 06:08:03  
Are the Nyzul variants of Cerb/Khim/Hydra immune to status ailments? I know Cerb has -50%mdt and like, people used to Elemental Seal slow him, and like... RDM used to have to fire off multiple Dispels on him to get rid of Magma Hoplon's SS... but what about the other two, and also just like... Can you land any debuff without Ele Seal?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-11-14 14:58:25  
Can someone fill in the rest of the order of this?

Evasion check > Parry Check > Blink/Utsusemi > Counter Check

Where Do shield Block and guard land on this?

I know most will say that they won't fit together...

but as a beastmaster with Zealous snort, you get 25% counter and I'm pretty sure +25 Guard (as silly as it sounds I've seen guard proc while I have axe equipped)
So I'm curious.
Do they land around same time as parry? (that would be my guess)

but surely someone should know if Parry or Shield Block happens first.
By Nariont 2022-11-14 15:00:40  
evasion > parry > shadows > counter > guard/block > hit is the order from what i recall

As to guarding with an axe, you sure it wasnt just a shield block? Thought you could only guard with h2h weapons, though maybe snort forces the check somehow
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-11-14 15:10:04  
Huh, well, normally it shouldn't be possible to guard when wearing a a non H2H weapon. And you can't Shield block when wearing a hand to hand, cause that empties the sub slot. Sooo, that sounds like some glitchy ***. <,<

Normally guard and block are considered to fill the same slot in the priorities, since it should have been impossible to both to happen at the same time...

Feel like doing some testing? <,<
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-14 15:11:39  
You can have a shield and still punch (unarmed)

I don't know how that works with guard/block, just adding that
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-11-14 15:17:14  
Thank you

It says guard in the log when you guard.

Yes, I know guard is only supposed to work with h2h. and yes, its probably unintended, but zealous snort is definitely causing it.

I'll happily do some testing when I'm home this evening.
any specific parameters you want to see? just want me to post logs of it?

(Granted I did just come back to the game from over a year ago, and I haven't looked at it since before I took a break, but I do remember specifically seeing it in the log and thinking it funny)

Any idea when killer effects intimidation check happens compared to the whole thing?
First Page 2 3 ... 758 759 760 ... 842 843 844