Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 739 740 741 ... 836 837 838
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-05-26 17:47:45  
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
What are the communities like outside of Asura? Is the mercing as bad? Are any servers active apart from Asura? Genuine question, not trying to start anything

Lower population you get the less mercing there is for the most part. And of course with less population is does also mean there's less going on. Leviathan for example, there's virtually no mercing (at least that anyone advertises in any way) aside from one dude selling CP. If there is mercing going on no one is really going to know about it. The server is active, but in a sense of there being specific groups that do things. There's really no shouts for content, pick up groups are rare, it's just small groups doing stuff. So for the most part if you want to get stuff done, you gotta fall in with an event LS or try and start something yourself as you're unlikely to be able to shout and pick people up to do anything.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-05-29 16:17:30  
Is there a list somewhere of the items that are able to be sent to another character on the same account?
By RadialArcana 2022-05-29 16:20:05  
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/14591-Undeliverable-Same-Account-Ex-Items

this shows items that cannot be sent
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-05-29 20:15:06  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Can I drop a character from party in omen and still get cards on that character?
I believe so.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-06-04 10:27:03  
Anyone know if you can still desynth cards for spheres after finishing the crafting sheild? :)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-04 12:41:43  
100% yes
By Tathamet 2022-06-05 16:00:59  
Is it possible to (easily) dat mod all "???"'s into something more visually appealing? Replacing it with say... the UNM spawn points.

I would think it would be nice to visually see where ???'s are and whether they've respawned or not yet.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-05 17:07:16  
Not an expert, but I don't think it'd be possible unless said spot already had a model or effects associated with it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-06 01:30:54  
There's an Addon/Plugin that's generating slowdowns (my framerate drops) every X seconds.
I suspect it's an addon/plugin because I had this very same issue several years ago and back then the culprit was Findall.

I tried unloading Findall but I still have the issue so, at least this time, the culprit seems to be another one, sadly.

Before I load/unload every single addon and plugin to find the culprit, does anybody have a clue on which addon could be causing this?

I suspect it's an addon that has a log/file that once it's above a certain size generates the slowdowns.
Such was the case for Findall because I had logged on too many characters/mules and eventually it led to those frame drops every X seconds.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-06 02:51:15  
Anyone know if non-elemental dmg like Requiescat can bypass Odyssey T3 NM dmg type resists?
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-06 05:41:17  
100% a totally new thing. Totally. 100%. 100% totally.

100% very new!
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-06-06 07:06:04  
Afania said: »
Anyone know if non-elemental dmg like Requiescat can bypass Odyssey T3 NM dmg type resists?

It doesn't work on Ongo, which is the only one that really seemed like it'd be worth it to me. I haven't verified any others.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-06 07:16:22  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

It doesn't work on Ongo, which is the only one that really seemed like it'd be worth it to me. I haven't verified any others.

I mostly asked for Ngai because of COR. since COR can't do blunt at all without SJ, on higher level vengeance, outside of procs it's literally useless DPS wise in that fight, unless req works.

And tbh even if it works, COR is probably the only job that benefits from it anyways. since you always use DDs with the right dmg type, BRD isn't on req, and RDM can do all 3 damage types. So there are really no other job that needs this WS to bypass damage resists to do dmg lol.

On BG page it doesn't say Ongo resists specific dmg type btw, just damage taken-. Not sure if Ngai works the same.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-06 12:14:14  
outside of procs it's literally useless DPS wise in that fight, unless req works.

Probably just better to use Savage Blade during the Warrior's Tomahawk/Warcry and Monk's Chi Blast/Penance window, and then pull back when the effect wears off and hold TP for proc participation.
By Afania 2022-06-06 12:44:01  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
outside of procs it's literally useless DPS wise in that fight, unless req works.

Probably just better to use Savage Blade during the Warrior's Tomahawk/Warcry and Monk's Chi Blast/Penance window, and then pull back when the effect wears off and hold TP for proc participation.

Nooooooo ;;
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-06 13:03:23  
I mean you could still melee, but the low dps is not really worth the risk of feeding Ngai TP when those abilities wear off.
By Afania 2022-06-06 13:10:22  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I mean you could still melee, but the low dps is not really worth the risk of feeding Ngai TP when those abilities wear off.

I visited the forum, hoping for an answer that will save me for this terrible fate. Requiescat, you are my only hope.

But the replies broke my heart!

Nooooooouuuuu.....;;
By SimonSes 2022-06-06 13:37:31  
You just dont melee at all. Not even during Chi Blast or Tomahawk. You feed TP and can kill people. Also Req wont work (will hit for super low damage).
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-06 13:50:10  
SimonSes said: »
You just dont melee at all. Not even during Chi Blast or Tomahawk. You feed TP and can kill people. Also Req wont work (will hit for super low damage).
This. All the way up to v15 we just let our MNK be tank+solo DD. For v20 we did add the GEO DD'ing since they were gonna be in the mess of it all anyways...but its never been worth it for us to have extra DDs being essentially TP batteries for Ngai.

Its ok- so COR doesn't get to deeps on one fight. Ask the GEOs how they feel in Gaol without a subjob- its awful for them.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-06 14:11:43  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Is there any decent way to farm segments triboxing? Could I do something like PLD COR BLU, if I can round up enough to Cruel Joke and use the COR for resets? Otherwise I guess it’s just time to move servers where I can find an LS.

I might consider a tribox of BRD, BLU, COR and just spam CJ-vulnerable families in Sheol B. Yes, your potential segments are lower than in C, but with a CJ setup and building knowledge of the maps/pace, I would imagine it would be viable. Check out posts and threads on BLU or RUN evasion tanking in Segment runs for potentially adjusting sets/songs on the BLU for pulling if you try this.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-06 18:44:51  
Did SE fix using Recycle to help with Rare pops? Back when it was introduced, I would farm up 2 rare items at a time, dropping one into recycle then farming a 2nd. However, trying it tonight, if I have one in recycle, the 2nd one drops to the ground when I open up some inventory for it to fall.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-06 18:48:16  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Did SE fix using Recycle to help with Rare pops? Back when it was introduced, I would farm up 2 rare items at a time, dropping one into recycle then farming a 2nd. However, trying it tonight, if I have one in recycle, the 2nd one drops to the ground when I open up some inventory for it to fall.
Had an LS member comment on the same thing 2 night ago. I believe it was ninja patched to prevent that.

Just glad I got done with the Apademak needs I was working on while it was active- for singleboxers it was like triboxing in Abyssea.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-06-06 19:25:35  
Anyone have that link of the JPN site that has mob stat values listed?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-06 20:22:20  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Working fine for me in abyssea with rare pop items.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-06 21:22:30  
Asura.Bynebill said: »
Anyone have that link of the JPN site that has mob stat values listed?

Do you mean weakness and resistance chart or attribute values (str int etc)
First Page 2 3 ... 739 740 741 ... 836 837 838