Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 730 731 732 ... 842 843 844
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-02-18 03:29:49  
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-20 07:57:16  
Any chance we can clear up with real data the doubts about Geomancy effect reduction in Dynamis Divergence zones?

BGWiki reports a 75% reduction on ALL notorious monsters. Which would imply Wave1 Red Eyes and Boss, Wave2 Red Eyes and Boss (I assume W1 and W2 aurixes as well) and Wave3... minibosses and megaboss?

Other people report reductions across ALL targets of a wave, even normal monsters.
Like 25% reduction in W1, 50% redution in W2, 75% reduction in W3.

I'm not really sure what is true and what is not, but from my experience it's none of these.
W3 have a noticeable reduction of Geomancy (75% sounds likely) on ALL targets, not just the minibosses. Everything receives ***from Geomancy debuffs in there.
In W2 there's a noticeable reduction (50%?) at least on the red eyes, not sure on the normal monsters, could be, it's harder to tell.
In W1 I can't really see any sort of reduction, but then again they have such low def that you often cap attack/acc regardless of Frailty/Torpor so... it's hard to tell really.
Frailty doesn't seem to be at full potency on the W1 Red eyes, but I'm not really sure. If there's a reduction it seems to be a small one.

So... anybody with more detailed and confirmed data, so that we can finally clear this up and update the Wiki?
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2022-02-20 11:12:49  
For those of you who completed Ygnas Directive: is it necessary to complete the whole garden features to lv.7, or is it just mineral deposit and monster rearing?

At the moment I seem to have only Titillating tomes left to complete, which require geological locations at 7.

Thanks in advance!
By Nariont 2022-02-20 11:18:12  
unfortunately you need to clear all the garden quest line to get the last KI you need to start ygnas directive so, yeah everything needs to be rank 7, hope you've been working those fields
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2022-02-20 11:21:37  
I've been, thanks. I'll pickup right meow!
 Ragnarok.Zenogias
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Zenogias 2022-02-21 13:04:52  
Monster Rearing question:

I'm working on White Adamantoise, but I'm not sure that I'm raising him correctly. I've been feeding him distilled water, which has put him "in an obviously good mood," "however, it seems thoroughly depressed."

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I haven't been interacting with him since BG recommends that a "(+) indicates that while no interaction yields a positive effect on mood, any interaction doesn't depress a monster's mood".

What worked for you while raising this critter? This is one of the last Cheers I need.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-21 13:26:53  
The mood is entirely irrelevant. You only need to make sure if it goes completely into darkness to burn a star to reset it (it will prompt you) other than that it's meaningless.

If you feed it and never collect from it (its all junk anyway) it should stay in a better mood. Sometimes you just get a cranky mob and they're always unhappy (wouldn't you be imprisoned on an island and only fed once a day) it doesn't matter it just makes it possibly take a couple extra days for the ki.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-24 19:51:55  
Has anyone done enough Abyssea Empyrean Weapon NMs to pinpoint what Treasure Hunter category the 2nd drop slot uses?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-24 20:06:48  
The drop rate is ~168% so...... Call it Common, probably even Very Common

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-25 01:32:56  
If you put your curser over a party member with the same buffs they will come back. No idea why they disappear.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2022-02-25 04:46:08  
That happens to me too sometimes not sure why, and lately I've been afk and come back and my GS echos aren't showing up in chat log
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-02-25 09:07:29  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
what causes status icons to disappear from top left? anyone way to restore them without relogging?

From in game menus, Config > Misc1 > Icon Type, toggle from 1 > 2 > 1 or 2 > 1 > 2 and it will restore these.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-02-26 06:42:22  
Anyone else noticed the new AD banner on ffxiah main page (top right and right side banner), or has it always been there? (ffxih related)
By Tathamet 2022-02-27 00:00:07  
Anyone know what causes a menu not to load when attempting to collect the Vagary rewards from the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia? Happens randomly after selecting "Materials" - the next menu fails to load and I'm stuck. Terminating is my only way out.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it just happened on multiple characters. I suspected it was fastcs or enternity since they cause similar freezing in certain SoA cutscenes, but I disabled them prior to and it still locked up.

Short of disabling everything, has anyone experienced similar and was able to narrow down the cause?
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-02-27 04:01:14  
Tathamet said: »
Anyone know what causes a menu not to load when attempting to collect the Vagary rewards from the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia? Happens randomly after selecting "Materials" - the next menu fails to load and I'm stuck. Terminating is my only way out.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it just happened on multiple characters. I suspected it was fastcs or enternity since they cause similar freezing in certain SoA cutscenes, but I disabled them prior to and it still locked up.

Short of disabling everything, has anyone experienced similar and was able to narrow down the cause?

Its a XI issue I've had it when talking to the ambuscade npc, daily goblins and homepoints. Even when completely vanilla.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-27 11:59:51  
Does anyone else have issues with the damn xi payment site?

For a long *** time now it won't stay logged in for more than like 20 seconds. it reverts to the login screen when you click anything, then log back in, try to click anything it kicks back to login again over and over and over.

Clearing the cookies USED to work, doesn't anymore. I literally cannot stay on the site for more than a few seconds without a redirect to the login page.
By llAKs0nll 2022-03-01 12:12:04  
I tried doing a search for this new mechanic for RDM labeled by SE as “ Enfeebling Magic Effect +10 “ yet I can only assume that such is outside of our means of testing cuz couldn’t find exactly what such boosts

I’m guessing it’s like potency or something…… while I read RDM Guides claiming Unity Cape w/ Augs best over RDM JSE Ambu Cape w/ that exact Effect due to lack of knowledge? Do we seriously know which is best?
By Nariont 2022-03-01 12:32:52  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Enfeebling_Magic#Equipment_Bonuses

Been tested plenty, its a % boost to the potency to all enfeebling spells, for dia it just boosts the DoT.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-01 16:21:33  
Did they change Lufaise Meadows mob placement regarding Megalobugard at some point?

Both FFXIclopedia and BG Wiki note the 5 Gigantobugard groups (as organized in Widescan) to normally be 2 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 2, with the PH popping as an additional one at the bottom of the group.

However, I'm camping him right now, and group #4 has 2 Gigantobugards in it normally and group #5 has 1. In group 4, the PH pops in between the other two when it chooses that group (making it the 2nd out of 3). Both of the normal mobs in that group are in close proximity, so it's not caused by Widescan grabbing a bugard from far away or something like that.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-03-02 03:11:26  
I have a character that is never going to melee, so Bumba Path B/A are off of the cards, how good is Path C for Magic related things, is it on par with Agwu? Are there some parts you would still just do Path B anyways as there are clear winners in other pieces of gear over Path C?
By SimonSes 2022-03-02 09:00:57  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
I have a character that is never going to melee, so Bumba Path B/A are off of the cards, how good is Path C for Magic related things, is it on par with Agwu? Are there some parts you would still just do Path B anyways as there are clear winners in other pieces of gear over Path C?

Path C body/hands/legs is broken good for NIN nukes, especially magic bursts (rank 30 head and feet will overtake relic+3 too). The same for BLU probably (but whole set). I stopped checking it after NIN, because I didn't want to be depressed how much I will miss not having it XD
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-02 10:51:42  
What exactly is the reason behind the X button on the windower FFXI window being greyed out?
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2022-03-02 11:09:06  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Did they change Lufaise Meadows mob placement regarding Megalobugard at some point?

Both FFXIclopedia and BG Wiki note the 5 Gigantobugard groups (as organized in Widescan) to normally be 2 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 2, with the PH popping as an additional one at the bottom of the group.

However, I'm camping him right now, and group #4 has 2 Gigantobugards in it normally and group #5 has 1. In group 4, the PH pops in between the other two when it chooses that group (making it the 2nd out of 3). Both of the normal mobs in that group are in close proximity, so it's not caused by Widescan grabbing a bugard from far away or something like that.
It's always been like that. I camped that NM a ton back in the day and FFXIclopedia was only partially accurate. There's more than one placeholder in the DATs. It moves between the "bowl" area and the top occasionally.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-03-05 00:51:34  
Did they remove the timed bush gates from Yorcia Weald completely? I've been through it multiple times and never get stopped by bush walls that only are down during certain times. They seem to have been removed entirely. Is that everyone else's experience?

Edit: I don't mean the Colonization Reive vines.
By Draylo 2022-03-05 00:52:53  
I remember reading that when everything was new, but never encountered it. It could be related to the level of colonization or something weird, or just a ninja patch.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-03-05 00:58:13  
Draylo said: »
It could be related to the level of colonization

Big brain. That seems totally likely. That and the ninja patch because people complained that it is a difficult zone to navigate already. (I don't really feel that way, but I've always been good with places like Yhoater Jungle and such).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-08 10:35:06  
Skirmish sacks always give 12 now right? so it'll actually be semi worthwhile to log in 100 characters for the 300 sacks
First Page 2 3 ... 730 731 732 ... 842 843 844