Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 722 723 724 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-05 23:05:35  
Asura.Darkcloudx said: »
Do the "No HQ synthesis" rings work for sphere synthesis?
Nope
[+]
By Rips 2021-11-06 02:36:07  
Since EXP = accolades gained, outside of gain exp, what is a rough hour mark for farming exp (including objectives like crystals, etc) that one can go from 0 to 99,999? With a party in reisenjima I’m guessing 4-5 hours if you’re going non stop.

Anyone have their own timeframe or experience doing this while timing yourself?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2021-11-06 12:16:49  
Rips said: »
Since EXP = accolades gained, outside of gain exp, what is a rough hour mark for farming exp (including objectives like crystals, etc) that one can go from 0 to 99,999? With a party in reisenjima I’m guessing 4-5 hours if you’re going non stop.

20mins during gainxepx time.
this include the time to go dummp and sell
i did steadil 3 rotation per hour farming sparks/unity for gil back before weekly cap

bah i missed the "outside gainexp time".
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2021-11-06 12:45:10  

In an ideal case you're looking at most of the accolades coming from:

Kill 10 [your target] for 150 accolades
Collect 10 crystals for 20 accolades
Deal 500+ damage 200x for 100 accolades
Vanquish 200 for 100 accolades
Edit: I wasn't aware of the 1~1.2% exp:accolades. You make ~6500/kill with maintained chains here, so +65/kill

Assuming:
A party of 6 and 6 crystals from each kill
You only deal damage in units of 500, and mobs have ~16000hp

You get: 150*(1/10) + 20*(6/10) + 100*([16000/500]/200) + 100*(1/200)+ 6500*(1/100) = 15 + 12 + 16 + 0.5 + 65 = 108.5 accolades per kill, or 921 kills to cap.

If you wanted to hit that before vorseal wore, you'd need 1 kill every ~7.8 seconds for the full 2 hours.

In reality you probably won't get perfect 'deal 500dmg' hits, so something in the range of 1000~1100 kills is more likely.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-06 12:50:13  

Depending on your unity rank, you get about 1% (highest rank) to 1.2% (lowest rank) of experience in accolades. That means it takes ~10m to ~8.3m experience to cap accolades from just experience.

When solo cleaving on DRK in Reisenjima east of portal 3, I get 75 merits in about 12 minutes or so (at bit faster when it's night and there's pixies and undead up, a bit slower when it's day and there aren't) when there's no competition, so that's about 62500 exp per minute. That would make capping accolades take about 2 hours and 10 minutes at lowest rank, 2 hours and 40 minutes at highest rank.

A full party at that camp should be able to make better than that (though not by TOO much because I do manage to grab most mobs in the area fairly soon after they pop), so let's estimate they'd be 30% more efficient.

As such, I'd estimate somewhere around 1.5 to 2 hours to cap accolades at that camp with just experience, depending on your unity rank. It's the best AoE cleaving camp I know (especially at night), but there might be a better one elsewhere, especially if you are able to spread out faster using multiple pullers at once, which would of course make it faster.
[+]
By Rips 2021-11-06 12:58:42  
Asura.Geriond said: »

Depending on your unity rank, you get about 1% (highest rank) to 1.2% (lowest rank) of experience in accolades. That means it takes ~10m to ~8.3m experience to cap accolades from just experience.

When solo cleaving on DRK in Reisenjima east of portal 3, I get 75 merits in about 12 minutes or so (at bit faster when it's night and there's pixies and undead up, a bit slower when it's day and there aren't) when there's no competition, so that's about 62500 exp per minute. That would make capping accolades take about 2 hours and 10 minutes at lowest rank, 2 hours and 40 minutes at highest rank.

A full party at that camp should be able to make better than that (though not by TOO much because I do manage to grab most mobs in the area fairly soon after they pop), so let's estimate they'd be 30% more efficient.

As such, I'd estimate somewhere around 1.5 to 2 hours to cap accolades with just experience, depending on your unity rank.

Wow, that is awesome info. I greatly appreciate this. I didn’t know about those unity percentages either.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-11-08 08:16:50  
Does anyone have a mod for the selection and sub target cursors to either change the color or make them larger?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-10 00:55:00  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not any super great spots, there's an ok spot in dagruf in the back, in boyahda, shitadel's basement is aight

It's hard to find big open areas with enough mobs that link/aggro and respawn at a reasonable pace. you'll lose half the pull in the water in the tree and the areas are small everywhere they put 99+ mobs except gc basement.

Um, so, this answer might not be accurate anymore. Those level 99 mobs in gc basement now probably con TW and give zero exp.

NVM it appears to be a cosmetic change
By Draylo 2021-11-10 01:08:09  
You didn't read the notes correctly
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-10 01:08:44  
Draylo said: »

I didn't read the notes at all
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 17:36:49  
What are the limitations of subbing /PUP to another job? Is it just half skills or what?

I'm almost wondering if it might be easier to try COR99/PUP49 to catch up on my skills before I take the job beyond 60, using Drachen Roll (+Acc) and Companion Roll (Regen/Regain).

Or am I waaay out to lunch here?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-12 17:38:11  

I didn't read the notes at all
That is one way to not read them correctly.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 17:48:40  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
What are the limitations of subbing /PUP to another job? Is it just half skills or what?

I'm almost wondering if it might be easier to try COR99/PUP49 to catch up on my skills before I take the job beyond 60, using Drachen Roll (+Acc) and Companion Roll (Regen/Regain).

Or am I waaay out to lunch here?

It would be stuck capping at 49 level skills.

So like you could stay on pup and put the goober on a reive. zero evasion and you can stay on the edge so you don't get aggro. Maybe half an hour and you'll be capped to your level instead of screwin around on cor/pup.

If you actually want to "do it right" I guess. I would still stay on pup and just fight stuff it can hit with less trust killing action.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 18:04:29  
Yeah that's what I'd read before, but I wasn't sure how plausible that was at my level. Problem is even without using any EXP-boosting trusts or Dedication item, I still gained one level per fight up until about Lv.40 thanks to the Rhapsody key items. By then, Aurore's skills were only like 30. And now that I'm in the 60s, it can't hit anything.

So even though I know I could just rush to 99 and then worry about it, I'd have more fun with the pet job if the pet could actually do something.

With all that said, I appreciate the input and will follow that advice!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 18:11:02  
I know that it seems like it would be more fun if the auto could actually participate, but it's really not. There's no gear to help it, trusts can't buff it, it really is wasted effort to even hit activate.

Unless you go out of your way to get those niche pieces of gear for the 3 minutes you'll be able to wear it. And like you get pet acc+3...
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 21:47:52  
Is there any particular reason a Master-level player character would just run through a Lv.80'ish experience point location, claim all of the mobs, kill them, and just keep going?

It's happened to me a few times recently. In this case, I'd just used Overdrive to speed things up and then all of a sudden this guy ran through and before I knew it the zone was bare...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-18 22:26:31  
Conquest x30 for a Voucher

Or just inconsiderate cockbags. That's not really uncommon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 00:34:11  

It was in the Rala aqueduct this time, but that might explain people doing it to the Seaboard Vultures on the Misareaux Coast.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-19 00:52:46  

Yeah, I usually do this on Feiyin.

Considering I do that like 10+ for all mules, then its no wonder the newbs lvling maybe gets annoyed with me.

But anyway, its not like its taking more than one respawn timer of unavailable mobs. Neither that the entire zone is wiped.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-11-21 17:05:49  
Regarding the Mandgragora Mania minigame...

If I'm just trying to farm points, is there any reason to challenge harder opponents?

If not: who is the easiest opponent? I've been doing Green-Thumb Moogle but I don't know if he's the easiest per se.
By Manque 2021-11-21 18:07:19  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Regarding the Mandgragora Mania minigame...

If I'm just trying to farm points, is there any reason to challenge harder opponents?

If not: who is the easiest opponent? I've been doing Green-Thumb Moogle but I don't know if he's the easiest per se.

Once you have the items unlocked from fighting through all the opponents once there is no reason to battle the higher-difficulty opponents if you are just farming points.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-22 13:13:35  
If you're in a party but the other person is out of exp range, do you still get the exp penalty?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-22 16:24:14  
Asura.Geriond said: »
If you're in a party but the other person is out of exp range, do you still get the exp penalty?

Even if the other person(s) aren't in range to get the exp you still get the exp split the same as you would normally.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-11-23 14:26:02  
Is there a shortcut to the Savage blade NM? *** around on a random mule and I'd like to not deal with the travel time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-23 17:22:53  
The shortcut is Kaja Blade/Naegling and never having to bother doing the quest xD
By Draylo 2021-11-23 17:27:37  
Someone could get in using deviant methods and you can die and they can tractor you inside? About the only shortcut lol. You can sub BLU now and Self-Destruct!
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-23 17:35:11  

Enemies don't have to give exp for this. I just take out my WAR/BLM and cast Stone 1 on anything around the exit from San d'Oria in West Ronfaure. Just need signet applied and TW will count as "conquest enemies killed". EZ.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-23 17:57:53  
There's also the half dozen RoEs they could be doing that do require exp.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-23 18:00:02  
Someone could get in using deviant methods and you can die and they can tractor you inside? About the only shortcut lol. You can sub BLU now and Self-Destruct!

Jokes aside, I guess you could have the main go through the gate, and the mule can convert > venom potion, and then get tractored down to the gate. Someone still has to run through it though, and I don't believe they added a HP or any other warp method to get there quickly.
First Page 2 3 ... 722 723 724 ... 834 835 836